Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lil ISFps smarties

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default lil ISFps smarties

Yep. You've heard me well. ISFps are smart. Two ISFps are in the same group with me and they even have higher marks than me. It's funny how my image is, that I look so studious, but in fact others have better results.
    Argh, and I tried to explain myself why I get so poor results, damn. (well not very poor, but average) Is because I have a hard time expressing myself in words, phrasing what I have to say. I've noticed I get much better marks at the tests with multiple choice answers, than those tests that require you to elaborate, to convince the person who evaluates your answer that you are indeed learned. I find it stressful having to convince someone, much more if in verbal form, than in writing. Can't wait next year, they said they will think to change the exams system.

And then I was thinking about the socionics functions, maybe it's related
    I thought that maybe because my judgement function is introverted, that's why I'm not particularly eager to explain my point of views and to share opinions. My focus is rather on understanding the hidden meanings (or not) for myself, than expressing them to the outside.

ISFps have an extroverted judgement function (Fe), so I think it comes easier for them to express their views to the outside and that is a BIG deal, it hepls them a lot actually...and that explains the good results they have, IF they really try, of course. Because undoubedtly, there are lazy people of all sorts and types.

What are your observations on ISFps? Do you know any? Do they seem smart people to you?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: lil ISFps smarties

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Yep. You've heard me well. ISFps are smart. Two ISFps are in the same group with me and they even have higher marks than me. It's funny how my image is, that I look so studious, but in fact others have better results.
    Argh, and I tried to explain myself why I get so poor results, damn. (well not very poor, but average) Is because I have a hard time expressing myself in words, phrasing what I have to say. I've noticed I get much better marks at the tests with multiple choice answers, than those tests that require you to elaborate, to convince the person who evaluates your answer that you are indeed learned. I find it stressful having to convince someone, much more if in verbal form, than in writing. Can't wait next year, they said they will think to change the exams system.

And then I was thinking about the socionics functions, maybe it's related
    I thought that maybe because my judgement function is introverted, that's why I'm not particularly eager to explain my point of views and to share opinions. My focus is rather on understanding the hidden meanings (or not) for myself, than expressing them to the outside.

ISFps have an extroverted judgement function (Fe), so I think it comes easier for them to express their views to the outside and that is a BIG deal, it hepls them a lot actually...and that explains the good results they have, IF they really try, of course. Because undoubedtly, there are lazy people of all sorts and types.

What are your observations on ISFps? Do you know any? Do they seem smart people to you?
    Does this partly have to do with my thread correlating intelligence with type. Well, I made a mistake by categorizing SFs as sparsely intelligent. The whole point of the thread was to state the order of intelligence of all the types if everyone was equally intelligent.

I don't really know ISFp's very well, but I have an ESFP friend that can be intelligent at times and then the complete opposite at other times. Certain types can be more intelligent or stupid depending on the situation. Like feelers tend to be more intelligent in handling with people, thinkers are more intelligent when it comes to learning how to operate something, etc....

I don't know how Fe would make you more intelligent, but it certainly makes you able to communicate to people in the most intelligent manner.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chill out, buddy, it doesn't have anything to do with your system, it's just my observations. It just happens there are a lot of ISFps in my environment, so I got closer to an understanding of them.

I don't know how Fe would make you more intelligent, but it certainly makes you able to communicate to people in the most intelligent manner.
    Exactly what I meant, that Fe helps them to communicate their opinions, doesn't matter if those are good or bad, and mostly I tell you they aren't bad at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, Y&C, do you know that the Russians label the ISFJ as having the highest average IQ? That's not everything, but it's something to consider.

But I don't know how good IxxPs are at verbally expressing themselves. Jung seemed to think that we were the worst at it. We seem to learn by just taking everything in at first, without rationalizing it, and then placing the pieces together later on. We try not to understand everything until we feel it's necassary to understand it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    But I don't know how good IxxPs are at verbally expressing themselves. Jung seemed to think that we were the worst at it.
    Include me in that category as well, would ya? :wink:

My idea was that an introverted judging function that is - Ti or Fi - makes you really suck at expressing yourself verbally. I know I do.

edit: And paradoxically, Ixxp types all have either Te or Fe
    ISTp - Te
    INTp - Te
    ISFp - Fe
    INFp - Fe

What about that? Ha!

We seem to learn by just taking everything in at first, without rationalizing it, and then placing the pieces together later on. We try not to understand everything until we feel it's necassary to understand it.
    That part sounds specific for Ixxps instead, irrational introverts, that is.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    BTW, Y&C, do you know that the Russians label the ISFJ as having the highest average IQ? That's not everything, but it's something to consider.
    Yeah, I do remember you saying that ISFj's have the highest IQ average, It is strange, since I always believed that a thinker would have the highest IQ, since it has to do with logic mostly. I think ISTj's would have the highest IQ's personally, since introverted thinking is needed to do good at an IQ test.

Quote Originally Posted by Gugu_gaga
    Chill out, buddy, it doesn't have anything to do with your system, it's just my observations. It just happens there are a lot of ISFps in my environment, so I got closer to an understanding of them.
    Ah, it was just a thought, though do you believe that certain functions of a person's personality type are linked to intelligence? I probably have been with a lot of ISFp's though I wasn't aware of it, introverts are difficult to understand and type. I can't really comment on their intelligence for that reason.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My sister, who is no doubt an ISFp, scores in the 99th percentile on standardized tests. I am pretty sure I'm an ISFp as well, and I also do quite well on standardized tests.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lols

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My girlfriend gets better grades than me, and she did better on the SATs. Hmmm...
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    My girlfriend gets better grades than me, and she did better on the SATs. Hmmm...
    n00b. i always got perfect scores.

relatively speaking.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside
    relatively speaking.
    lol

Under cerulean skies...

My ISFp friend enjoys the thing I have to say. She will listen, and pose intelligent questions, and offer valued feedback. No criticism at all. I can express my ideas, and totally at ease. The great part is that at each step I explain something she understands what I am saying. The questions and feedback she offers stimulates me more to go deeper.

Just today I was explaining eternal return and recurrance plot, which was sparked up after I disagreed that a turkey is died when you cook it. Then out of the blue she butts in and says this:

ISFp: haha, you like things that have explanation...now i understand your problem with emotions
    Me: lol
    Me: yeah
    ISFp: you try to analyze them
    ISFp: which can be done up to a point...but not everything will make sense

And when she said this made me feel more at ease. I'm liking duality.
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScanDave
    My ISFp friend enjoys the thing I have to say. She will listen, and pose intelligent questions, and offer valued feedback. No criticism at all. I can express my ideas, and totally at ease. The great part is that at each step I explain something she understands what I am saying. The questions and feedback she offers stimulates me more to go deeper.

Just today I was explaining eternal return and recurrance plot, which was sparked up after I disagreed that a turkey is died when you cook it. Then out of the blue she butts in and says this:

ISFp: haha, you like things that have explanation...now i understand your problem with emotions
    Me: lol
    Me: yeah
    ISFp: you try to analyze them
    ISFp: which can be done up to a point...but not everything will make sense

And when she said this made me feel more at ease. I'm liking duality.
    that sounds alot like me and Peter, except I wouldn't word those statements that way
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, Kate always calls me "her little analyzer," which is ironic because she's about 5'3" and would probably not serve well as a paper weight.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-

My idea was that an introverted judging function that is - Ti or Fi - makes you really suck at expressing yourself verbally. I know I do.
    I would have thought that Ti or Fi gave one a better insight into themself and hence be better equipped for self-expression.

I have the creative function but I have terrible problems with self-expression.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, everyone in the alpha quadra scores in the 99th percentile!

Because no one has the Te to do the statistics right.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, considering elementary statistics require Ti.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean the logic part?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Ah, it was just a thought, though do you believe that certain functions of a person's personality type are linked to intelligence? I probably have been with a lot of ISFp's though I wasn't aware of it, introverts are difficult to understand and type. I can't really comment on their intelligence for that reason.
    Y&C, I personally consider it's not really a wise thing to correlate intelligence with certain functions. It's a very ambiguos term, we wouyld have to define intelligence first. That's why I prefered to avoid the word "intelligence" I used the word "smart" instead For me, I like to look at functions as styles of processing the information, doesn't necessarily is an indicator of intelligent or valuable processing and outcome. I don't know if we can talk in terms of inferior and superior functions, why not considering them as just something different from one another, rather than one better than the other?

I don't know, what intelligence is in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    I would have thought that Ti or Fi gave one a better insight into themself and hence be better equipped for self-expression.

ishy, I agree Ti and Fi is about one being better in touch with one's thoughts or emotions, that was my point also. I tried to show that because these functions are directed inwardly, it's hard to express them to the outside, it would be contradictory to their natural inclination. I remember Pedro often saying "I need to put this (what I have to say) in a Te form so it would be more understandable to a person out there".

I think we could agree Te and Fe are about expression to the outside, while Ti and Fi are directed inwardly and used for the person to gain a better understanding and sorting of the judgements and futhermore it's difficult to express the way you understand things in a form that others would be able to understand too.

About Jung and his thoughts that Ixxps are the worst at verbally expressing themselves, sincerely I don't know, out of the context it's difficult to guess what exactly he meant and what was his explanation. Whatever the case, I think not related to the judging functions as I showed all Ixxps have Te or Fe, so probably is because of some other reason.

@gilligan: what's SAT?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. But with school. I'm horrible with big tests in Math, English, and science subjects. I didn't do well with ACT's or CSAP test either except in reading. But my friend who is an ISFP too is smarter than me though.
    ISFP, SEI

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by ishy

ishy, I agree Ti and Fi is about one being better in touch with one's thoughts or emotions, that was my point also. I tried to show that because these functions are directed inwardly, it's hard to express them to the outside, it would be contradictory to their natural inclination. I remember Pedro often saying "I need to put this (what I have to say) in a Te form so it would be more understandable to a person out there".

I think we could agree Te and Fe are about expression to the outside, while Ti and Fi are directed inwardly and used for the person to gain a better understanding and sorting of the judgements and futhermore it's difficult to express the way you understand things in a form that others would be able to understand too.

About Jung and his thoughts that Ixxps are the worst at verbally expressing themselves, sincerely I don't know, out of the context it's difficult to guess what exactly he meant and what was his explanation. Whatever the case, I think not related to the judging functions as I showed all Ixxps have Te or Fe, so probably is because of some other reason.
    It could be related to the functions - as we both agree, Ti and Fi lend themselves to better insight. Ixxps don't have insight into much other than sensations, which don't lend themselves well to language.

Also, while you might be right in that Fe and Te lend themselves to expression, the Ixxps only have them as a creative function so they are automatically slightly "primitive" in comparison with the base function, and they generally serve the base function, so there's the problem: there's no real way to express the processes that most define the person (Si and Ni), so the Te/Fe aren't going to help *anyway*.

That's my theory, anyway.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Y&C, I personally consider it's not really a wise thing to correlate intelligence with certain functions. It's a very ambiguos term, we wouyld have to define intelligence first. That's why I prefered to avoid the word "intelligence" I used the word "smart" instead For me, I like to look at functions as styles of processing the information, doesn't necessarily is an indicator of intelligent or valuable processing and outcome. I don't know if we can talk in terms of inferior and superior functions, why not considering them as just something different from one another, rather than one better than the other?
    Of course, intelligence comes in many forms. I think that by trying to correlate intelligence with functions is just trying to figure out funcitonal intelligence. I believe that certain functions may make you more intelligent in one thing depending on the matter. Overall, intelligence comes from many things, but functional intelligence is just a tiny piece of the puzzle and that is what I hoped everyone would notice when I made the system. Of course, you could find many ISFPs that are smarter than INTPs, I was just trying to shelter the other aspects and focus on one.

All types are equally intelligent in different things. Though, you have to admit the fact that some types are just more intelligent when it comes to being book smart or conventionally intelligence. If you look at intelligence in a whole, then they are definitely all equal.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    It could be related to the functions - as we both agree, Ti and Fi lend themselves to better insight. Ixxps don't have insight into much other than sensations, which don't lend themselves well to language.

Also, while you might be right in that Fe and Te lend themselves to expression, the Ixxps only have them as a creative function so they are automatically slightly "primitive" in comparison with the base function, and they generally serve the base function, so there's the problem: there's no real way to express the processes that most define the person (Si and Ni), so the Te/Fe aren't going to help *anyway*.

That's my theory, anyway.

Then I think it is safe to say, as a conclusion of our discussion, that introverts are an antagonism to self-expression, only that in different ways, the rational from the irrational introverts.

Quote Originally Posted by Y&C
    Of course, intelligence comes in many forms. I think that by trying to correlate intelligence with functions is just trying to figure out funcitonal intelligence. I believe that certain functions may make you more intelligent in one thing depending on the matter. Overall, intelligence comes from many things, but functional intelligence is just a tiny piece of the puzzle and that is what I hoped everyone would notice when I made the system. Of course, you could find many ISFPs that are smarter than INTPs, I was just trying to shelter the other aspects and focus on one.

All types are equally intelligent in different things. Though, you have to admit the fact that some types are just more intelligent when it comes to being book smart or conventionally intelligence. If you look at intelligence in a whole, then they are definitely all equal.

I agree that there are different forms of intelligence that corespond with the functions. But again I'll underline that no function is better than the other. However, just like you said, a given function can help you to excel in a given area. For example, when it comes to a given subject, S people are better with detalis, N people are better to see the global picture and in the end, no one is better. It all depends on the requirements of that task to say who is better. But overall I don't believe in a supremacy of a function over another. And then, that's not the whole story, there are other factors as well that will affect the way you use the potential of your functions. Like if you are a motivated, determined person to be the best in your field of study/work, if your parents took care that you attended a prestigious school, etc. things like this that aren't related to the functions in itself.

What functions are you thinking are related to being a book smart? From my observations there are book smarts from all types, particularly I know an ENFp girl, and I am very sure of her type, that she was the best in my year in high-school at almost all subjects, except history hihi I was better than her at history but the rest - no comment. I remeber she had trouble to remeber the names, the dates, so funny to watch her, so panicky and nervous, maybe because of her lack of Ti.

EDIT: now the best student, concerning the results, is an ISFp

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guga_baba
    I agree that there are different forms of intelligence that corespond with the functions. But again I'll underline that no function is better than the other. However, just like you said, a given function can help you to excel in a given area. For example, when it comes to a given subject, S people are better with detalis, N people are better to see the global picture and in the end, no one is better. It all depends on the requirements of that task to say who is better. But overall I don't believe in a supremacy of a function over another. And then, that's not the whole story, there are other factors as well that will affect the way you use the potential of your functions. Like if you are a motivated, determined person to be the best in your field of study/work, if your parents took care that you attended a prestigious school, etc. things like this that aren't related to the functions in itself.

What functions are you thinking are related to being a book smart? From my observations there are book smarts from all types, particularly I know an ENFp girl, and I am very sure of her type, that she was the best in my year in high-school at almost all subjects, except history hihi I was better than her at history but the rest - no comment. I remeber she had trouble to remeber the names, the dates, so funny to watch her, so panicky and nervous, maybe because of her lack of Ti.

EDIT: now the best student, concerning the results, is an ISFp
    I agree with what your saying and it seems that were on the same page. However, don't confuse intelligence with competence because doing good in school as little do with intelligence. I'm sure if everyone was competent, then we'd all be be getting 90s for sure. It's strange that an ISFp is the best student, since I don't know how an ISFp can be competent. I always thought an XSXJ would be like that, but I'm sure there is an explanation for that.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with what your saying and it seems that were on the same page. However, don't confuse intelligence with competence because doing good in school as little do with intelligence.
    Y&C, we should have established a definition of intelligence in the first place, to base your speculations on it, otherwise this is not getting us anywhere. Well actually, I suppose it's obvious doing good in school has actually a lot to do with intelligence. How else could you become competent if you weren't intelligent? Or maybe you could become competent but with greater effort, is that what you're saying?

It's strange that an ISFp is the best student, since I don't know how an ISFp can be competent. I always thought an XSXJ would be like that, but I'm sure there is an explanation for that.
    As I stated, beyond the functions you also need motivation to excel and other subjective factors, so I see no reason why an ISFp couldn't be the best. Maybe the xSxj would theoretically do better, but what if he/she isn't particularly interested in learning - I don't know what, you name it. I personally don't put so much emphasis on the correlation intelligence - functions, as I think the final, concrete result much more depends on how you use that potential, rather than an inherent quality of a function in itself. And btw, no function is better, their use will be differentiated according to the nature of a given assignment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me, ISFps can be intelligent and competent. ISFps can be book smart. I did excellently in school. I never had trouble. I was a very well rounded student, there wasn't one subject that I ever considered to be a problem for me. Even math and science. Actually, math was my favorite subject throughout school.

You might not see the intelligence of an ISFp until you get to know them a little better and get past the Fe they put forth. For example, I know as an ISFp, I use Fe as sort of a front. So at first impression I might seem charming and kind but that might be about the extent of what you'll see. I've had people tell me that they were surprised at my intelligence and depth once they got to know me. I really think you just have to give ISFps a little time and get past their Fe facade.
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. I agree. I'm definitly book smart also. Just have small trouble using it to real life.
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFPs are quite stupid. They get good grades by mimicking the teachers and being teachers' pets. Intelligence is about doing things no one has done not repeating some bullshit by heart. ENTPS like them because ENTPs are very superficial so any probing is good. An entp is all about appearance
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ISFPs are quite stupid.
    This is silly. No types are stupid. And I know several ISFps who did very well academically, also with PhD in chemistry, which you don't get by being "teacher's pets".

I see their weak in daily interaction, but that is not lack of intelligence.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    ISFPs are quite stupid. They get good grades by mimicking the teachers and being teachers' pets. Intelligence is about doing things no one has done not repeating some bullshit by heart. ENTPS like them because ENTPs are very superficial so any probing is good. An entp is all about appearance
    This whole post was a joke, I hope.
    Yeah, I hope so too.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    Yeah, I hope so too.
    My mother is an ISFP which has forced me to have the opinion that an ISFP is a form of Rationality All Tomb-bound that by mistake has been classified as human
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Y&C, we should have established a definition of intelligence in the first place, to base your speculations on it, otherwise this is not getting us anywhere. Well actually, I suppose it's obvious doing good in school has actually a lot to do with intelligence. How else could you become competent if you weren't intelligent? Or maybe you could become competent but with greater effort, is that what you're saying?[
    Are you serious? School is a fucken joke, I think Transigient was right when he said that you have to be retarded to fail in school and try. School is nothing but competence and memorization.

As I stated, beyond the functions you also need motivation to excel and other subjective factors, so I see no reason why an ISFp couldn't be the best. Maybe the xSxj would theoretically do better, but what if he/she isn't particularly interested in learning - I don't know what, you name it. I personally don't put so much emphasis on the correlation intelligence - functions, as I think the final, concrete result much more depends on how you use that potential, rather than an inherent quality of a function in itself. And btw, no function is better, their use will be differentiated according to the nature of a given assignment.
    Of course, functions just relate to actions and beliefs. Though you have to look at the functions to figure out why an ISFP is the best. How does and make you a good student?

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hope so too.
    My mother is an ISFP which has forced me to have the opinion that an ISFP is a form of Rationality All Tomb-bound that by mistake has been classified as human
    Ah, I see.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hope so too.
    Ah, I see.
    Elizabeth I really have preblems with my mother, what do you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I hope so too.

Yeah, I hope that really was joke about ENTps if not, its WAY off base. I'm all about the mechanics of things...appearances come last. I might put up a front around some people though who are highly judgemental and critical of me. For the most part though I just strive for this balance of being me while respecting others. I know my behaviors can be hard for some to deal with and believe it or not, I do try to strenghten my weak points for their benefit.

I can see me being attracted to the creativity of an ISFp and their loving nature. It actually has nothing to do with appearances...well there has to be some physical attraction ofcourse but that's not type related.

I think an ISFp would make me feel relaxed and that actually sounds kind of nice. But I have a lot of things I'm looking for in a person and try not to really associate so much to personality type.

As for the one year I actually tried in school, I did score high and made the honor roll no problem. But for the most part, I didn't try. I hated school. I think I had the worst attendance scores in the school, never did my homework, never studied and frustrated my teachers to no end.

They knew I was smart just had no clue how to motivate me. The school system is not built for ENTps. We have to adapt to it and without encouragement, a lot of us don't. Someone said that ENTps are like those types that are full of wasted potential and I can see that at least in myself. I still do ok though but I'm always aware I could be doing better if I could only apply myself.

At least ISFps would be emphathetic to me in that regard...at least I think so anyway. I can't see them trying to "fix me" all the time like some other types do.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally understood your question. I'll give you my opinion. I think N people are drawn to study in general, more so to the theoretical study which is much emphasized in schools, well at least in my country, we don't have here extra-curricular activities like in the US for example. So because of their natural inclination to study, analyze, reflection etc etc are considered the true book-smarts, even more the IxNx types, people to whom the reflection is doubled the I + N = 2 x reflection. "N E R D" is written all over their foreheads, though a lot of S people are even more intelligent and quick-witted, from my observations. It's just they are easily bored or whatever with too much theorizing, not that they wouldn't be capable.
    I never considered myself a nerd or geek or whatever label you like and I'm not more intelligent than a lot of people, but it's true I have this "aura" of a studious person, because I'm always absent-minded and brooding over something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally understood your question. I'll give you my opinion. I think N people are drawn to study in general, more so to the theoretical study which is much emphasized in schools, well at least in my country, we don't have here extra-curricular activities like in the US for example. So because of their natural inclination to study, analyze, reflection etc etc are considered the true book-smarts, even more the IxNx types, people to whom the reflection is doubled the I + N = 2 x reflection. "N E R D" is written all over their foreheads, though a lot of S people are even more intelligent and quick-witted, from my observations. It's just they are easily bored or whatever with too much theorizing, not that they wouldn't be capable.
    I never considered myself a nerd or geek or whatever label you like and I'm not more intelligent than a lot of people, but it's true I have this "aura" of a studious person, because I'm always absent-minded and brooding over something.
    I sort of see what your saying but don't completely agree.

I know some S types who are pretty nerdy so I don't know about that one. I've also seen some S types who can hold their own in an academic conversation quite well.

A commonality I see in N types though is ability to make connections that don't seem obvious to others. It can make them seem much more aware than S types. I think this might be something that can be taught though so I think S types have the capability to do it but its just not a natural one.

Other S types are just distrustful Intutition period because its never served them well in the past.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but Y&C tried to sort types by their intelligence, which it doesn't work, because intuition N - in the socionics sense does not imply intelligence. As I showed that is just illusory. Real intelligence is independent of the functions. The functions are just styles of processing the information. Intelligence is what you make of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast