Thread: How old are you(intj)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How old are you(intj)?

hi guys.

i remember intj will hit their mid life crisis and discover emotion and human feeling. but by my standard, i am old than my age. although i am 24, i believe i pocess the mind of a 30 year old. so, does that mean i have to become 40 year old and have a mind of 60 year old to hit my mid life crisis?

hmmm

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my age is 18
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 18.
    I think, therefore I am

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: How old are you(intj)?

Quote Originally Posted by Fry
    hi guys.

i remember intj will hit their mid life crisis and discover emotion and human feeling. but by my standard, i am old than my age. although i am 24, i believe i pocess the mind of a 30 year old. so, does that mean i have to become 40 year old and have a mind of 60 year old to hit my mid life crisis?

hmmm

Mid life crisis are just big points of development after a steady recline into a plateau. People have quarter life crisis, everything else, blah blah

you posess your mind, that's all I'd worry about
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys.

hmmm

look like i'm 20, but when i was around 16, people though i spoke more like a 40year old. atleast in the planning and maturity area.

it's hard to tell how old i sound, since the people i know are mostly imbeciles. and the ones that are smart, sound older. so it's a sort of paradox.

my intelligence is mixed so it would be hard to pin down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40 or 50 mind-wise. Went through my mid-life crisis 4-5 years ago.
    I(N)Tj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was 16, I behaved and thought like I was 25. Now I behave like I was 15 but think like I was 30. I think I'll be mentally 40 after I have children.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    40 or 50 mind-wise. Went through my mid-life crisis 4-5 years ago.
    No offense, but the fact that you just said that shows that you really do have the maturity of a 21 year old.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 22. A few years ago, I played an MMORPG (FFXI). Some of my friends in my clan (linkshell) on my server thought I was 30 and they were shocked to hear that I was only a 20. They have never seen my pictures, heard my voice, nor know anything personal about me; all they knew about me was from the one year I spent doing things with them in the clan. I was somewhat shocked at hearing their guesses actually.

I'm 22.

People told me I'm mature for my age when I was in high school, but I haven't heard it in a while. I think it must be that other people my age no longer act immature to the point where it becomes a topic of conversation. I suppose that is a characteristic of high school.

The version of maturity that y'all are talking about is different that developmental maturity.

Maturity, as most people speak of it, indicates one's level of responsibility. It indicates their capability of taking care of themself and others. This suffices for normal conversation.

Maturity in a developmental level is a different thing... no, I'm not talking about puberty. Check out Ericsons stages of life . It should give you an idea of what I'm talking about... but in general I'm not a supporter of psychodynamic theories.

I might add that the coloquial definition of maturity still might have a correlation to "developmental maturity". Both versions of maturity vary (read increase) with age, but not necessarily at the same rate. I hypothesize that the coloquial maturity is related to personality and age while developmental maturity is related to age, genetics, mental health, etc.

Basically, your "socionics midlife chrisis" will still happen when you are 30, or whatever age it supposedly happens.

I might also add that this is my speculation. Feel free to tear it apart.

I'm going to repeat the link, because I feel it is pertinent to understanding what I'm talking about:

Ericsons stages of life

It's pretty interesting stuff.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an awesome sig, Blendie.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    That's an awesome sig, Blendie.

Thanks. It's from Rober Frost's poem, "Carpe Diem."
    INTj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im 19
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 25!
    - INTJ -

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
    It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most.
    We ask oursleves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?"
    Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whilst applying for a membership I told my local over 21s nightclub that I was "23/24" (as in 23 going on 24 - like with a few months to go) and they replied, "23 or 24? - can't be both!?" and I introspectively thought, "fools!".
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, if other people weren't so hung up about being adult and maturing and growing up, i probably wouldn't even think much about it. i'm both younger and older than my age. at times, i'm just like a kid and told to act my age (usually by my mom). at other times, people talk to me and forget that i'm much younger than they are. i've had people surprised that i'm as old as 27 (mainly because i look youthful but also sometimes because i can be such a kid) but then i've also had people taken aback that i'm 'only' 27. but really, i don't particularly desire to be either younger or older than i am. i am, and it doesn't matter to me what 'age' other people tag it. i guess you can say i have a wide age range. :wink:

what people mean by 'age' in these things only means what an average person is like at a certain age, nothing more. so if you don't happen to be average, this 'system' can't approximate your age. plus this 'system' assumes that people display a narrow age range most of the time, say +/- 5 years. this isn't always true for everyone, especially for people whose psychological age does not track closely to their chronological age at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana

actually, if other people weren't so hung up about being adult and maturing and growing up, i probably wouldn't even think much about it. i'm both younger and older than my age. at times, i'm just like a kid and told to act my age (usually by my mom).
    My mother does the same thing to me. When I say silly things or act childishly in front of my parents, she always says, "where I grew up in, you are old to have been married and you still act like a kid."

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X

jjj
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my closest friends (INTJ) just turned 53, and over the last month, he's been asking me "wouldn't it be great to fall in love with someone again??" in a decidedly romantic tone!

Now, he’s been married for 25 years, has a son about to head off to college, and a miserable wife (Mrs. Jesus INFJ.) He’s a writer, so I’m hoping he can harness that new-found lust into his novels.

I have another INTJ friend, 34, who left his wife and child last year to pursue a 22 year student of his, who’s a gorgeous and dangerous ESFP. Three months ago, on his birthday, the evil young tart left him (he’s not rich enough etc etc) There’s nothing sadder than a heartbroken INTJ. He’s totally let himself go, and he’s desperately trying to get back with his wife.

It’s also been suggested that Nabokov’s Humbert-Humbert and Lolita are the ultimate INTJ-ESFP nightmare. I don’t have the heart to let my buddy know this was all written years ago!

So there you have it. Two INTJ mid-life crises, about 20 years apart.
    The path is the destination-Jim Jarmusch
    ISFP (shy and sleepy)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi guys.

hmmm
    That's the problem with us INTJs, We grow backwards. I always remember myself being smarter than all my peers, even my parents. I am entering the world of my stupidity and emotionality now, as I am approaching my 40. I still have some brains, but I don't really enjoy using them. They turn on automatically when needed. It seems much more pleasurable to have sweet relationships, take care of someone and not to have to solve any problems.

Use your young years to create wealth, so you could relax and enjoy life when you get older.

Rod
    INTJ
    INTJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pigme
    One of my closest friends (INTJ) just turned 53, and over the last month, he's been asking me "wouldn't it be great to fall in love with someone again??" in a decidedly romantic tone!

Now, he’s been married for 25 years, has a son about to head off to college, and a miserable wife (Mrs. Jesus INFJ.) He’s a writer, so I’m hoping he can harness that new-found lust into his novels.

I have another INTJ friend, 34, who left his wife and child last year to pursue a 22 year student of his, who’s a gorgeous and dangerous ESFP. Three months ago, on his birthday, the evil young tart left him (he’s not rich enough etc etc) There’s nothing sadder than a heartbroken INTJ. He’s totally let himself go, and he’s desperately trying to get back with his wife.

It’s also been suggested that Nabokov’s Humbert-Humbert and Lolita are the ultimate INTJ-ESFP nightmare. I don’t have the heart to let my buddy know this was all written years ago!

So there you have it. Two INTJ mid-life crises, about 20 years apart.
    I am lucky.
    I ran into an ESFp hottie in Highschool
    I've learned