View Poll Results: Can you smell a person's scent (not perfume or whatever) when that person is your own gender?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I know I have

2 15.38%
  • No, I don't think I have

5 38.46%
  • I don't know

6 46.15%

Thread: You know how everyone has their own smell?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very aware of scent. They say the scents you are repulsed by are your worst matches and vice versa.

I actually am aware about what percentage of a "match" a guy is to me, and I'll decide whether to keep dating him in part based on that (this is not just cologne or whatever, but you can sort of sense if you're repulsed or drawn to someone just when they lean in based on their natural scent).

I don't notice it w/ girls as much, but I am still aware. I'm not attracted to girls, but I could definitely recognize which of my friends and family smell like what.

With guys I sort of unconsciously "rate" how good he smells to me. My last ex was probably like 95-98 percent attractive smelling, which meant we were both ridiculously into each other (my friends couldn't figure it out as he was not "conventionally" attractive ). But the combination of a fairly compatible personality and that smell match and wow. yeah was very into him. Too bad didn't work out

I really care less and less what someone looks like and more their energy/vibe, their personality type, and their scent!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    I'm very aware of scent. They say the scents you are repulsed by are your worst matches and vice versa.

I actually am aware about what percentage of a "match" a guy is to me, and I'll decide whether to keep dating him in part based on that (this is not just cologne or whatever, but you can sort of sense if you're repulsed or drawn to someone just when they lean in based on their natural scent).

I don't notice it w/ girls as much, but I am still aware. I'm not attracted to girls, but I could definitely recognize which of my friends and family smell like what.

With guys I sort of unconsciously "rate" how good he smells to me. My last ex was probably like 95-98 percent attractive smelling, which meant we were both ridiculously into each other (my friends couldn't figure it out as he was not "conventionally" attractive ). But the combination of a fairly compatible personality and that smell match and wow. yeah was very into him. Too bad didn't work out

I really care less and less what someone looks like and more their energy/vibe, their personality type, and their scent!
    I relate to this, to some extent. There was this guy I dated in high school that was a horrible match for me (SLE and very immature), but damn... his smell... and other people didn't seem to think his smell was that noticeable. I would get irritated because we worked at the same fast food restaurant and the drive through coat smelled like him. No one else seemed to notice though.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/