Quote Originally Posted by Rick
Actually, the first is about careful mental planning for battle or other undertakings. The second one is probably about curing illnesses. I don't think they are conclusive. Did Ty Cobb say things like this?
I don't think the second one is about illness...

And, no, they are not conclusive, but no fact we can say really is, although they stongly point against being Se dominant.

And I know Ty Cobb said he had trouble falling asleep at night because he said he "couldn't turn off his thinking", which can also suggest Introversion.

Something else that I'd like to mention is that both of these guys had an interest in historical figures (as I do), and read many books about them (for example I have read that Napoleon read biographies of people like Alexander the Great when younger).

These quotes about Cobb are from his Al Stump Bio,

"Away from the parkhe hung out in nikelodeons, and filled time by taking long walks along the Savannah River's banks, fishing the stream, and by reading biographies of Stonewall Jackson, Alexander the Great, and Napoleon. His keenest interest was in Bonaparte, the tactician with an outstanding ability to survive."

...and...

"At home, 2425 William Street in Augusta, as Lane discovered, his host had a second-floor "secret room", always kept under lock and key. Allowed a brief look into the sanctum, Lane found it a jumble of silver-and gold-plated trophies won by the Peach, racks of guns, contract and bank-dividend paper, portraits of Cobb's father but not of his mother, the first bat he'd owned, autographed photosof U.S. presidents, a library of books about Napoleon, boxes of Havana cigars, baskets of inanswered fan mail, and a supply of whiskey. "Moonshine whiskey- I always patronize home products," remarked Cobb. Napoleon? "I have all the books on his life that I ever heard of. He knew how to win against all odds." With Bonaparte he felt rapport."

(emphasis mine.)

His interest in Napoleon doesn't surprise me at all. They shared the same type, the same strengths, and the same weaknesses.

And how about some quotes from both of them?

"A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights."
~ Napoleon

"I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."
~ Cobb

"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
~ Napoleon

"The honorable and honest Cobb blood... never will be subjected. It bows to no wrong nor to any man... The Cobbs have their ideals and God help anyone who strives to bend a Cobb away from such."
~ Cobb

"It is not enough that I succeed - everyone else must fail."
~ Napoleon

"I never could stand losing. Second place didn't interest me. I had a fire in my belly."
~ Cobb