Hybrid View

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Attn: EP types

Please help me make this description better.

EP- Spontaneous
    You're impulsive, unpredictable, mobile, and fun. You enjoy change and get bored when things stay the same for too long. You live in the moment and don’t weigh yourself down too much with concerns about future steps or details. When you’re active, you display impressive enthusiasm or drive, but you’re also comfortable slacking off sometimes. Others perceive you as energetic but not too uptight, however, they may also complain that you are unreliable. Your ideas or goals help spur people into action, but you're not very good with follow through.

Your ideal partner is Easygoing. They're happy to go along with many of your ideas, but they're also good at pointing out and helping you avoid potential problem areas.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Please help me make this description better.
    Before

EP- Spontaneous
    You're impulsive, unpredictable, mobile, and fun. You enjoy change and get bored when things stay the same for too long. You live in the moment and don’t weigh yourself down too much with concerns about future steps or details. When you’re active, you display impressive enthusiasm or drive, but you’re also comfortable slacking off sometimes. Others perceive you as energetic but not too uptight, however, they may also complain that you are unreliable. Your ideas or goals help spur people into action, but you're not very good with follow through.

Your ideal partner is Easygoing. They're happy to go along with many of your ideas, but they're also good at pointing out and helping you avoid potential problem areas.
    After

EP- Spontaneous

Now the font is bigger, and Italics make it more beautiful
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Before

After

Now the font is bigger, and Italics make it more beautiful

+3

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most of it but I think some EP's, especially Ne's, might be viewed as 'less' energetic simply because they are a bit more introverted.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I just have a problem with the Spontaneous label. I'm not sure I prefer people who are considered 'Spontaneous', ya know? And it's obviously based on a half-truth if it can't be applied to everybody with the type. It's an interesting perspective, but I'd just re-word it a little differently.
    What are EP's if not spontaneous?

Quote Originally Posted by CeruleanFlame View Post
    I agree with most of it but I think some EP's, especially Ne's, might be viewed as 'less' energetic simply because they are a bit more introverted.
    Even if they have lulls in their energy, I think the people around them would probably consider them "energetic" overall because even those who don't expend a lot of energy seem to have an energizing effect on others.
    SEE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Opportunistic.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Energetic, upbeat, gives a charge or energy to others. I agree with all those other things you said I just don't really see the spontaneous thing much?

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think you really described ej there and not ep.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    I like the description and I think it blows your face with EP. Although, I disagree completely with "living in the moment". Somehow it is correct, as EP ignore details about the future, but they think a lot about it, rather in scenarios than clear roadmaps. Imo better would be to say something like "you're very active in the moment", or something.
    Thank you. I'll work on it.

I think you really described ej there and not ep.
    Check out this post for the other temperament descriptions.

SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I just have a problem with the Spontaneous label. I'm not sure I prefer people who are considered 'Spontaneous', ya know? And it's obviously based on a half-truth if it can't be applied to everybody with the type. It's an interesting perspective, but I'd just re-word it a little differently.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I think I'd add something about flexibility, maybe multitasking? (is that a general EP-trait?), and open-mindedness.
    As for multitasking - Holographic, I think.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Energetic, upbeat, gives a charge or energy to others. I agree with all those other things you said I just don't really see the spontaneous thing much?
    I'm not sure what else to name it... "Impulsive" sounds too negative, and "Irresponsible" is even worse.

Seriously though, if you have any other suggestions, I'm open to them. "Energetic" and "Energizing" won't really work because a lot of them won't relate since they take their energy for granted. "Upbeat" isn't really true of all of them, even though it's quite true for many.

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    What is energy expressed if not rational, based on reason of other's expectation? It's not necessarily impulsive, but definitely abrupt and peculiar. There is obviously more communication problem, because of rejection of plans, traditions. The person isn't bad at communicating necessarily, but just prefers to be more original. Naturally decides that biorhythms, or entirety of their state, get the first say. For irrationals, rules are there to be understood but then personalized, so your EP is going to test the limits a lot. EJs are there to understand the rules so they can have greater motivation to apply them. EPs motivation is used to find shortcuts or new ways, which is the same for all irrationals, its just that the EPs express that more so externally. So there is going to be a lot of awkward nonsensical tension from the perspective of the rational and the rational will take it to heart, but the irrational typically ignores it once it proves unworthy and moves onto another attempt.
    *ahem*

You're IEI.

btw, IJ's are the ones who are more focused on "the rules" (whether they follow/agree with them or not), not EJ's. EJ's are primarily goal directed and proactive.

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I love the description, Joy. And I LOVE spontaneous!! (this is your facebook quiz?)

(Yes, I've decided to come out of retirement for a stint, so I posted my facebook quiz here.)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    +1

Srsly, spontaneity is what I do. They don't call me the Wildcard for nothing.
    I really cannot think of a better term (thus far) than Spontaneous. I think most EP types value spontaneity and appreciate partners who are flexible enough to go along with it. The only other idea I have is "Fun", but that doesn't really fit with the theme (the other options being Proactive, Steadfast, and Easygoing).

A little goofy, but other than that, quite good.

Yes

Very true when young and without responsibilities, not AS true anymore.. Also, I naturally plan ahead a bit more than my ILE husband, who's always completely without control... maybe because of farsighted/carefree dichotomy? Still, it can pass, as I'm definitely more this way than most people, compared to life situation.

Yes

Yes

When I want, I am damn good with follow through. Not sure I agree with that part. I never give up. This sounds Ne>Se, imo.

It's true that I start things, and don't always finish, but it's not because I'm not "good" with follow through, it's because I can't do everything, and prioritize differently.

Yes

The "spontaneous" part is definitely true for me.

I think I'd add something about flexibility, maybe multitasking? (is that a general EP-trait?), and open-mindedness.
    idk, multi-tasking seems more related to ADD, extroversion, and gender than EP? Not really sure.

Open-mindedness is defined differently by different people, depending on their values, so I'd rather not use it in a temperament description.

The descriptions are more of a "natural tendency" than a "this is how you are!" type of thing.

How do you feel about the word "goals"? I specificially put it in there for the Obstinate types like SEE's who get an idea in their head and don't give up on it until they've accomplished it. It seems like for them, "Life is a joy ride... but there's one stop I definitely have to make along the way."
    SEE

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I haz link to test?
    Easy Day

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*ahem*

You're IEI.
    Well yeah of course. That explains why I'm on the internet!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read it as "short-term goals", so it doesn't bother me, but I don't have (m)any long term goals. I hate the "what will you do in 5 years" question. :wink:
    I hate that question so much. my husband used to tell me I should make a 5-year plan.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the only real issue I have with this is the "living in the moment" sentence. I think it would be better worded something like this:

"Because you prefer to live in the moment, you avoid getting bogged down by considerations of the future. Some may see this as irresponsible, but you simply prefer to address problems as they come."
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Creepy-male

Why not rip off the Russians and call EP "Mobile"?