Thread: The most confident I type?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The most confident I type?

Is there one I type that is supposed to be more confident than the rest? If so, why/how. To be honest, I think confidence is somewhat independt of types, but that's another story for another time. The question I'm asking all of you is if you think that any I type stands out as confidence. Not neccesarily a social confidence, but more so, a courage kind of confidence, etc. "Balls", guts, etc. That sort of thing.

post away
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

istp

EDIT: istjs often lack confidence because they are supceptable to limiting beliefs
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends entirely on the person
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would say istj as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp (Just a guess, I don't know much about the other types)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isn't ISTp. I adore my husband, but he kind of needs me to be his little cheerleader. He is really talented and smart but lacks self-confidence. From what I've read, that's pretty common among ISTps.

Sorry Rocky.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky
    It isn't ISTp. I adore my husband, but he kind of needs me to be his little cheerleader. He is really talented and smart but lacks self-confidence. From what I've read, that's pretty common among ISTps.

Sorry Rocky.
    Is it possible that you confused MBTI ISTP with Socionics ISTp? They are different types I believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by wym123
    INTp (Just a guess, I don't know much about the other types)
    LOL Just thow a temper tantrum around an IxTp and see how confident they are so not.

Do the same around an ISTj, and they will hit you for being dumb.
    I don't think so... do the same around me and if I am sufficiently provoked, I can say a lot of stuff that will attack your self-esteem and make you feel like a worthless idiot. I believe other NT types can do the same because Intuition allows them to see people "behind the scenes" and Thinking, especially Introverted Thinking, allows them to pinpoint flaws. This is why you do not want to provoke NTs over their self-control threshold, they can get revenge in a way that matters, and they can probably use their Thinking to justify their actions surpressing all guilt.

In any case, I think what you said has nothing to do with self-confidence.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The most confident I type?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Not neccesarily a social confidence, but more so, a courage kind of confidence, etc. "Balls", guts, etc. That sort of thing.
    Regarding that particular kind of confidence UDP meant, I stick with ISTj.

@Rocky: I know what you're saying. ISTj's need to have no doubts is of course a form of lack of confidence, and if you do manage to weaken one of their cast-in-stone beliefs they get really shaken and look totally lost. But I don't think this is what UDP meant.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

many of you have said ISTj.

Why, or how so?

I looked it up on the 16 types description... something to do with the sense of duty/loyalty aspect, or what?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, just imagine somebody who happens not to be a worthless idiot screaming in your face and throwing a huge emotional tantrum.

They aren't going to hear you, duh, and what you say will just enrage them more.
    The fact that this person can appear screaming in my face, throwing a huge emotional tantrum is already something that I can attack. By the way, don't expect me to fight back by screaming equally loudly or being just as emotional. That's not my style and that's certainly not how NTs do it. And if they are the kind of person that does not listen, well, there has to be a reason for that and it is sometimes very easy to figure out (our Intuition is just useful like that). But of course, if the person is really just emotional and just doesn't listen, then I will be content to know that this person will screw up in life somewhere and sometime soon and when it happens will be there saying, "Don't feel bad, your personality is so screwed up that you deserved it anyway!" or something more specifically crafted to attack their self-esteem. Do it enough time and I can assure you, it will sink in. And of course, enragement is a weapon too.

I have never actually gone this far because I am not easily provoked but I have gotten a glimpse of how I act during the "evil" moments of my life and can easily extrapolate from there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CuriousSoul: UDP specifically asked about the most confident I type. If we'd talk about all types, than I'd have to say ESTp or ESFp, too.

Why, or how so?

I looked it up on the 16 types description... something to do with the sense of duty/loyalty aspect, or what?
    That sense of duty/loyalty thingy is from Oldham rather than socionics, anyway I have observed that in most ISTjs. I think it's a consequence of PoLR with role function.

The "guts, courage" kind of confidence you mentioned is usually associated with , which is the creative function of ISTjs. Types with as base function would be ESXp, so not IXXx.

ISFjs also have as creative function but although they can also have guts they are also less consistent in that than ISTjs from my observations.

However, as Rocky also mentioned, ISTjs can be very lacking in confidence as to questioning their own beliefs. From this point of view, INTjs are much more confident. It all depends on what you mean.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oops

The most confident introverted type curious.
    Oops, forgot to turn on my brain. Erroneous post deleted.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transigent, you make it sound as if emotions are actually highly valued in the real world. This is certainly not the case. Being emotional can be disastrous for you job and for you relationships. High emotions usually entail the loss of self-control and in general, it is not welcomed. This is a fact that I can easily use.

EDIT: I just realized that you were talking about making fun of the person about his or her emotions. That's not what I meant.

Some do, if they sense that is your weakness.
    Using emotions to fight emotions is um... idiotic. I would rather use specially crafted words.

Most people aren't blessed with the chronic overthinking needed in order to take this as an actual insult. Especially for it to hit at an emotional level.
    Most people will not take the hit after one comment but after a few situations and a few comments, they will feel the effects of it. It has been scientifically demonostrated that the human brain is just wired for inductive reasoning no matter what your thinking style is or how smart or stupid you are. That means, given a repetition of a few events, your brain just automatically "catches on" whether you are thinking about it or not and when that happens, the comments will then begin to take effect.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    @CuriousSoul: UDP specifically asked about the most confident I type. If we'd talk about all types, than I'd have to say ESTp or ESFp, too.

Why, or how so?

That sense of duty/loyalty thingy is from Oldham rather than socionics, anyway I have observed that in most ISTjs. I think it's a consequence of PoLR with role function.

The "guts, courage" kind of confidence you mentioned is usually associated with , which is the creative function of ISTjs. Types with as base function would be ESXp, so not IXXx.

ISFjs also have as creative function but although they can also have guts they are also less consistent in that than ISTjs from my observations.

However, as Rocky also mentioned, ISTjs can be very lacking in confidence as to questioning their own beliefs. From this point of view, INTjs are much more confident. It all depends on what you mean.

Yeah, I know what you mean, especially in regards to the last paragraph.
    With so many INTjs (supposed, and also, not neccesarily on this site), talking about how they are depressed and unconfident about things, I was beginning to wonder about things like this. I think I could see an ISTj being confident or unconfident, and most types for that matter, including INTj.

I wonder....... how foolish it is to associate confidence with types. Perhaps it would be better if I said it like "which I types have the best chances of becoming confident, and, why/how so?"

Yes, I pulled the loyalty/duty thing form the Oldham description on the 16types decription pages.

Hmm, perhaps this general word of confidence is too vague to get a decent answer from. If I think of something better, or more specific as to what I'm thinking of, I'll let you all know. The thoughts are appreciated, non the less.

Using emotions to fight emotions is um... idiotic. I would rather use specially crafted words.
    Not everybody is that way, as you know. Those people could just as well call you cold, or heartless or insenstive, and they'd write you off. I know - I've been there.. (as I'm sure many have)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I disagree with ISTJs being confident in general, and Im in a pretty good postition to judge since I have three of them in my family. Granted I have little intimate knowledge of my grandma and uncle but my mom is not a very self confident person. Its true ISTjs have but it really isnt anything like in ESxPs, its alot more restarined and limited to the tasks they happen to be carrying out.

I would say IxxPs appear more self confident in general than IxxJs, but thats just me. Im not sure if its any one type, but maybe perceiving just gives more spontaniety in social behavior for some reason.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introverted Types

@ Cheerio
    I agree, ISTJs usually have a public/work role that often gives every indication of high confidence, but once you get close to them (like in a family) they are anything but confident. ISTJs are confident about the things they know, but not otherwise.

@ flower
    The most confident introverted type. Same mistake that I made.

Having thought it over I have discovered that the most confident introverted type is actually ISTP for males and ISFP for females. Especially at young age the gender roles do actually play quite a large role in how easily the different types can adjust to society.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Introverted Types

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    I agree, ISTJs usually have a public/work role that often gives every indication of high confidence, but once you get close to them (like in a family) they are anything but confident. ISTJs are confident about the things they know, but not otherwise.
    That is a very good point, valid for ISFjs too. But the problem is that they often think they know something when they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSoul
    Having thought it over I have discovered that the most confident introverted type is actually ISTP for males and ISFP for females. Especially at young age the gender roles do actually play quite a large role in how easily the different types can adjust to society.
    I agree with that empirically, but would there be a functional explanation?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol! I think perhaps there is a split in between quadras on the J/P axis that produces such attitudes. Like the Ps see the Js as condescending and know-it-alls, kind of like the Js are saying, "hey, your life sucks, let me make it better for you!"

/off-topic
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's like you're a big ball of ESFp/ISFj antivenin or something.
    My comment was originally meant at ISTjs, as CuriousSoul mentioned; I added ISFj as an afterthought.

i'm just going holy CRITICISM! tell me ONE THING, expat, that you actually like about ESFps/ISFjs.
    As I told you via PM, because I did not want to get too personal in the open forum, my most consistent male friend of the last 13 years is an ISFj ethical subtype, and the only woman I was 100% sure I wanted to marry in my entire life was an ISFj sensory subtype.

I have no agenda to bash ISFjs; since they are one of the types I know best, I feel comfortable to offer comment on them. Perhaps my Gamma makes most of my comments seem negative.

About ISFjs, I like your willpower and focus, your dedication to getting the job done, your modesty (in terms of not bullshitting about yourselves), your competence at work, your loyalty to friends, your appreciation of my tendency to be opinionated about things. And other things.

About ESFps, I like their improvisation skills and strength of will during a crisis, and their imperviousness to obstacles.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFps aren't often inclined to improv, i don't think.
    Actually I think ESFps are very good tacticians. They suck in longer-term strategy, but good in short-term tactics. I mean also on the battlefield.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

it's like you're a big ball of ESFp/ISFj antivenin or something.
    Well, ESFps and ISFjs are really sucky people.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*hiss* at Cheerio.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most confident I type is simon cowell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

Although some might say he's an ENTP. :wink:

EDIT/// but I have no desire to debate his actual type.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He entertains the shit out of me. I think he's an ISTj though. I may be wrong.