Thread: Accepting Producing Functions, any difference?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Accepting Producing Functions, any difference?

I am surprised that there is no Accepting, Producing difference in observable behavior of people. Does anyone know if there are separate descriptions for Accepting and Producing ? How would this translate to two people interacting?
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure "producing" means anything beyond in subjection to the more primary function of the ego block.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I kind of agree with Kaido that the acccepting functions are always turned on, while the producing functions are not always turned on and have to be turned on in order to solve a problem of some sort.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this explination. However if this is true, than the information metabolism model needs to be updated. Unlessed by turned off, you mean, temporarily unconcious, rather than actually deactivated. The more information we can egt from observations of thse functions, the closer we willbe to making a new, more accurate model.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well as far as I know, being INTP intuition and sensing are always turned on in an omnipresent way. And they work in harmony with each other, if I didnt know about the sensing vs intuition dichotomy created by Jung I wouldnt be able to tell that they are two different things. It seems that, however Im absent minded and even though Im aware of my physical sensations, im not aware of them in detail or totallity. It seems that if I were ISTp, I would be, but my sense of abstraction would be less present in my concsioussness, even though I would still be consious of it most of the time. It seems like the details of the third fucntion are like an omnipresent voice which either doesnt speak as loud and clearly it could, or appears fragmented(yet omnipresent).

As far as thinking and feeling are concerned I dont use them all the time- it seems I use either one or the other. I either Im intellectual and analyzing something, or Im feeling an emotion or im in some afftecive state.

In conclusion, I think the first and third functions work all the time, at the same time, and the second and fourth functions work all the time, but not at the same time, either one is working, or the other is.

Im overclassifying a little bit, because its always a bit more fuzzy than that in my mind but thats more or less how it appears to me as far as I can tell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems to me that the odd functions are always on and the even functions are variable.

Also affective states are not F.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok let me revise what i said. All four functions are always on, but you can vary the intensity of the 2nd and 4th functions more than you can the 1st and 3rd functions, the latter two having more stable intensity.

The reason I said that is because all four functions have to be on all the time, at least to a certain degree, if they werent the judging types would have unconscious blackouts where they stop perceiving physical sensations.

Pedro: If affective states are not F, what are they?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F is to affective states as the eye is to visible objects the eye doesn't create the objects it sees it merely sees them. In the same way F sees/regulates affective states but it is not them.

Also I meant Functions 1, 3, 5, and 7 are always "on" while 2, 4, 6, and 8 seem to oscillate.