Thread: Give me some ideas what information this is related to?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Give me some ideas what information this is related to?

i always think to myself "WHY HE DID THIS" not "how he did this"
    when you starting to look
    at why's
    you notice much more
    its much deeper
    than you actually see
    somebody can act flirty
    and there is the reason why he is like that
    maybe he is not a big flirt in general
    somebody can act depressed
    and be totally happy
    but why he acts this way?
    Give me some ideas what information this is related to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi? It may depend on the context.
    IEE Ne subtype

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    Fi? It may depend on the context.
    why static?

what is being described is dynamic?

Mood, motive, change

Why is it ethics of relations, Attraction, repulsion?

Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship.
    Last edited by mu4; 07-17-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"WHY HE DID THIS" not "how he did this"
    Relation
    Object
    understanding the (...) nature (...) of personal relations
    However, like i said, I'm not sure.
    IEE Ne subtype

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    Relation
    Object

However, like i said, I'm not sure.
    It's ethical I think, but relation?

The why being suggested I don't see as attraction or repulsion.

"somebody can act flirty
    and there is the reason why he is like that"

"somebody can act depressed
    and be totally happy"

"but why he acts this way?"

Is the context something like this? I don't see any qualities described below being shown.

Fi is responsible for understanding the quality, nature, and proper maintenance of personal relations; makes moral judgments; and aspires to humanism and kindness. Fi has a strong understanding of the social hierarchy and how people feel about each other, their attitudes of like or dislike, enthrallment or disgust, repulsion or attraction, enmity or friendship.
    But other qualities are being shown. Words are being used to describe, "Flirty, depressed, happy".
    Last edited by mu4; 07-17-2009 at 12:32 PM.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni and/or Fe.

To rephrase: instead of "why did he do this?" think "What was his goal in doing this?" or "What internal state at that moment caused him to behave in such a way?"
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds mainly to me
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Sounds mainly to me
    What relationships/attraction/repulsion is being discussed?

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    What relationships/attraction/repulsion is being discussed?
    It is the relationship between, or the linkage of the speculated motivation of certain actions of a person other than yourself to what it actually is. It seeks to understand a motivation that is foreign to oneself, but open to accepting it once it is understood. The person who tries to and succeeds in understanding the foreign motivation (and accepts the rationale) feels a deeper sense of bond through a sense of emotional discovery.

Edit: Another example would be gaining an understanding of an action that is foreign to oneself, but is perhaps more skeptical of its rationale. Repulsion comes when the rationale does not fall in line with their code of ethics. Hence, the motivation might be understood, but it does not satisfy the person's ethics.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It is the relationship between, or the linkage of the speculated motivation of certain actions of a person other than yourself to what it actually is. It seeks to understand a motivation that is foreign to oneself, but open to accepting it once it is understood. The person who tries to and succeeds in understanding the foreign motivation feels a deeper sense of bond through a sense of emotional discovery.
    The bold is not being verbalized, you're reading into it a bit and I think thru your own ego elements.

As far as as how motivations(emotions) are recognized and discovered verses assessment of closeness, likes and dislikes, it is described as thus below.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki fe
    Extroverted ethics is generally associated with the ability to recognize and convey (i.e. make others experience) passions, moods, and emotional states, generate excitement, liveliness, and feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki fi
    Introverted ethics is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing.

Also, these types convey emotions in terms of how they were affected by something (such as "I did not like that"), rather than an Fe approach that would describe the object itself without clear reference to the subject involved (such as "That sucked").

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bold is not being verbalized, you're reading into it a bit and I think thru your own ego elements.
    What I'm saying is that the motivation itself to understand another person's motivations is largely to compare it to one's own code of ethics or standards. I was simply trying to respond to why the process is done in the first place (to understand so that we can either appreciate the gain in knowledge and empathy or gain clarity of the rationale to better be able to compare with an internal ethic -- to which it can either be accepted or rejected).
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    760 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Another example would be gaining an understanding of an action that is foreign to oneself, but is perhaps more skeptical of its rationale. Repulsion comes when the rationale does not fall in line with their code of ethics. Hence, the motivation might be understood, but it does not satisfy the person's ethics.
    Understanding something that is foreign to oneself.

This seems somehow more object oriented, the object being the foreign object that is not oneself. And the perception of that internal fluctuation within that person.

Where as is described as internal as well as a field and the distance between two people as assessed by oneself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All that stood out to me is that it sounds almost exactly how Merky posts. Blunt but tentative, jumping around but impatient to get to the point. I wondered if you took just phrases out of a larger dialogue?

ETA: It also just occurred to me that it looks like it was lifted out of an AIM chat or something. I've noticed people tend to communicate in chat very differently than otherwise ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Understanding something that is foreign to oneself.

This seems somehow more object oriented, the object being the foreign object that is not oneself. And the perception of that internal fluctuation within that person.
    This is why I think what is in the OP is static in nature. The thing that is being analyzed and understood is an "object" called "the motivation".

Where as is described as internal as well as a field and the distance between two people as assessed by oneself.
    Right. The processing of the understanding is a rather internal process. You are relying on your own intuition and experience to build and recreate something that you initially do not understand. The closer you can get to recreating the actual object and its primary building blocks, the more understanding you start to gain from it.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that it is Ne valuing and weak Ni, and directed toward compensating for weak Ni; with Fe in the ego somewhere.