Thread: Instinct stackings: sx-last

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Sx last gives you people like me and Expat.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

And sx-first gives you crazy people like Gul

Actually, /threadjack. I like Nick's way of looking at sx, but I want to add that I don't think the radar pings are necessarily conscious.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post

Actually, /threadjack. I like Nick's way of looking at sx, but I want to add that I don't think the radar pings are necessarily conscious.
    radar pings?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    sx-primaries will always have a 'pushing toward' energy about them IMO -- it's part of the polarizing attraction/repulsion manner of going about things. Like, I'll always feel this pulsating awareness of my 'state' as it relates to my environment and the various things in it. By focusing energy on any given thing, a reaction will occur, which I will register in order to 're-shift' the state -- for better or worse. Everything occurs like that, and it feels like a constant throbbing of stimuli that can be pursued, pushed, discarded, whatever.
    This makes it sound very conscious and directed to me. Like, hitting a button to get a radar sweep.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Righteous upholders of the delta aristocracy

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    radar pings?
    He's referring to the momentary 'feelings' of attraction/repulsion that occur with sx-primaries (see my previous description). I agree that they're not all conscious -- that would be overwhelming -- but I still think the significant ones are, or at least the ones a person cares to focus on. I feel like I always know which are relevant for me, and act on them accordingly.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes it sound very conscious and directed to me. Like, hitting a button to get a radar sweep.
    Well, it's like, whatever you happen to focus your energy on will naturally cause a reaction, to varying degrees. So, it is like a radar scanning, in that sense: the drive is to find the most powerful "ping," and the scanning is constantly occurring, to gauge various stimuli for their respective relevance ('charge').
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Hmm. Could you say that sx lasts seem like an energy sink to those who aren't sx last? As in all energy gets absorbed and dissipated by them, sunk, and gone, while with other instintual variants it's reflected by or creates a positive feedback loop, increasing feedback between the two? Yes, or no? Is that what's being said?
    Yeah. Pretty much.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ew.

lets talk about so instead.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-Diana

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes I do think this happens.

I would prefer someone who is so/sx or sx/so. The sp would turn me off a bit.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question, re the comment about best compatibility between identical stackings. Do you (you in general, not anyone in specific) think that compatibility between non-socionically favorable types increases enough to be nearly favorable if of aligned instintcual stackings? What about between favorable socionics relationships - could a clash of stackings cause less favorable relationships between them? What do you think?
    I think either case is plausible. For example, I've always gotten along extremely well with christy_b (who is Ne-INFj), and it was clear that the "common ground" with us was being sx 4s. Now, this isn't the only case of that; there are gammas I have communicated well with in this regard, etc. And yes, even if the two people are duals, an instinctual incompatibility will affect things. The respective drives will grate on the individuals over time. Instincts feel more fundamentally experiential, so the way you'll relate to people in that regard has more to do with your native disposition towards things. Socionics is just about clarity of information communication... so yeah.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    yes I do think this happens.

I would prefer someone who is so/sx or sx/so. The sp would turn me off a bit.
    I almost wonder sometimes whether an sp/sx or sx/so would annoy me more. Ultimately, I still think the primary instinct compatibility is more significant.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost wonder sometimes whether an sp/sx or sx/so would annoy me more. Ultimately, I still think the primary instinct compatibility is more significant.
    People say I'm sp/sx soo...you can check your level of annoyance towards me
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree. Interestingly, many guys I've been attracted to in the past (including my husband) are sp/so.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-male

At least, externally, do sx tend to just sort of pop up out of nowhere *really close* to you?

Brill did this, and an ILE from school too (and he's the hyper-focused, not very sociable type too).

EDIT

Brilliand is no longer sx-first, lol. Never mind.

The question still stands, though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question, re the comment about best compatibility between identical stackings. Do you (you in general, not anyone in specific) think that compatibility between non-socionically favorable types increases enough to be nearly favorable if of aligned instintcual stackings? What about between favorable socionics relationships - could a clash of stackings cause less favorable relationships between them? What do you think?
    It makes sense to me that it would be a factor. I don't know that all three stackings need to be aligned necessarily. I sort of think that for someone like me who is so-last, I would benefit (and have indeed benefited) from being with someone who is so-second. My husband is good at pulling me off the couch and getting me a bit more involved. Which is good for me. But I do think that for the primary stacking, it's better to be alike and that stackings can have an affect either way. (making positive socionics relations worse or worse ones better)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    People say I'm sp/sx soo...you can check your level of annoyance towards me
    Not too high

And I do think you're a pretty good exemplar of that stacking (along with starfall).
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Intimate relationships never have played a pivotal role in my life. I tend to think the whole marriage thing is overrated.
    My intimate/interpersonal relationships are pretty much everything in my life. As long as I have that I am perfectly happy with whatever happens.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wynch View Post
    Actually, I can attest to this to a certain extent. Except for me I tend to be socially-oriented. A veritable social butterfly if you will. But I get claustrophobic of intimate space. I struggle to develop close relationships because if people get too close too quickly I start pushing away in a need to protect my intimate space.

BP is also so/sp and he's expressed similar sentiments. We call it Scorched Earth policy. Social Social Social - INTIMATE!!! - Nuke everything.
    why does sx-last have so much trouble in the intimate space? how do they make friends if they are so frightened of getting personal?

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With sx-lasts, I would say if it's hard to get to that point of deep connection and they are clearly awkward with that, and don't get past guardedness. With sp firsts not showing intense emotions outwardly. Not very good at conversation when it goes into the getting-to-know-you stuff, especially with sp/so. With so/sp, there may be a group orientedness but a pushing away when trying to get to that deeper level.

I actually am an sx last... There was one sx-dom who described sx last in an sp/so sno matter how many times you talk to an sp/so, the feeling of distance never leaves. I personally wasn't entirely conscious of this until it was pointed out, and it may appear that way to an extreme sx-dom. It's hard for us sx-blinds to know what's missing from us variant wise unless someone with an opposite blindspot, or is extreme in our blindspot points it.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

yea if someone feels like they have no "sex appeal" to them they're usually sx last. its pretty basic. unfortunately everyone's confused about the sexual instinct because of certain enneagram teachers who have tried to remake the sx instinct to "intimacy instinct"

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lack of hoes

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Lack of hoes
    Actually the fuckboi stereotype is very SX-last.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by persimmonism View Post
    Actually the fuckboi stereotype is very SX-last.
    seems more sx-second. Sx-lasts aren’t charming enough on a one on one level to hook anyone

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx last trait: I spend a lot of time thinking about whether it’s socially or relationally appropriate to reach out/send feelers or approach someone that I like instead of just doing it. I have all of these rules in my head that are routinely broken by Sx types who can just follow their whims and vibe with whoever they want as long as they're receptive
    Last edited by Averroes; 10-02-2022 at 12:00 AM.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Averroes View Post
    Sx last trait: I spend a lot of time thinking about whether it’s socially or relationally appropriate to reach out/send feelers or approach someone that I like instead of just doing it. I have all of these rules in my head that are routinely broken by Sx types who can just follow their whims and vibe with whoever they want as long as they're receptive
    Don't take this the wrong way but I notice you seem to attribute traits that you have to being sx last/ because you think you're sx last. Not everything is enneagram. There are so many other factors that go into why people act the way they do.
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but I notice you seem to attribute traits that you have to being sx last/ because you think you're sx last. Not everything is enneagram. There are so many other factors that go into why people act the way they do.
    Ya, I agree with this completely, that the auras and channels of personality expression and force of charm are covered in gizmos everywhere across the clock!!
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12