Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IEIs/INFps expressing their emotions: repress or explode?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heretic 007 View Post
    As introverts they hold extroversion hidden in public. I seen and according to many sources they act like wild dramatic mad people around their close circle of people.
    Emotional stability is independent of type.

Also, "introvert" is a misleading word because I've met so-called introverted types who didn't seem to be, and so-called extroverts who were very withdrawn (unsure of themselves?). I think that internally-referenced people such as myself tend to exhibit more their externally-referenced components when in public; at work, many may even mistaken me for an extrovert (or at the least, a very engaged person) only because it's a job requirement. I've never gotten dramatic even amongst family although I've met a few ESIs and ILIs who went off the charts. It's only in safe, unstressed, familiar territory that our true natures can be observed; however, when observers are introduced, it is likely no longer familiar space so are observations valid. Also, much of what we observe is comprised of behaviour resulting from accumulated baggage that's not type related.....

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Not only is externally-referenced functioning more observable, it's often brought to the fore by Ips and Ijs when in unfamiliar situations.
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 12-05-2019 at 02:20 PM.

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Emotional stability is independent of type.

Also, "introvert" is a misleading word because I've met so-called introverted types who didn't seem to be, and so-called extroverts who were very withdrawn (unsure of themselves?). I think that internally-referenced people such as myself tend to exhibit more their externally-referenced components when in public; at work, many may even mistaken me for an extrovert (or at the least, a very engaged person) only because it's a job requirement. I've never gotten dramatic even amongst family although I've met a few ESIs and ILIs who went off the charts. It's only in safe, unstressed, familiar territory that our true natures can be observed; however, when observers are introduced, it is likely no longer familiar space so are observations valid. Also, much of what we observe is comprised of behaviour resulting from accumulated baggage that's not type related.....

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: Not only is externally-referenced functioning more observable, it's often brought to the fore by Ips and Ijs when in unfamiliar situations.
    Model G for example says that introverts are more extroverted at close distance. I think extroverts usually close themselves from others when it comes to intimacy.
    Measuring you right now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12