Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which type falls for cons?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    We now pause for a useless fact:

When I first saw this thread, I read the topic as: "Which types falls for CONE?"

You may now continue.
    Me too. I often think every word closely related to it, such as "come", is my own name.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    We now pause for a useless fact:

When I first saw this thread, I read the topic as: "Which types falls for CONE?"

You may now continue.
    Me too. I often think every word closely related to it, such as "come", is my own name.
    so the movie "cone heads" - has a new meaning?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope Expat gets to read my response to his post.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to start a thread about how much I actually love Rocky despite my little "attack" on him earlier.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanum
    I don't know if it's necessarily so. Do people "crave" their dual-seeking function? I think that it is more of lacking it, than actually wanting it desperately. If it is manipulation, I would think it has more to do with overpowering your role function. Even though I have as a dual seeking function, I wouldn't see myself being conned by someone using , since I will automatically try to avoid it and initially distrust with . However, I could definitely see myself being manipulated by someone who manages to make me undervalue my . It would leave me submissive, rather than aggressive, when confronted with my 4th function ( PoLR).
    By "craving" I meant that people desire to feel the dual-seeking function in others - that's why it is the dual-seeking function.

By I meant not its use in a direct, aggressive way, but in the sense of I-will-say-what-I-have-to-to-get-what-I-want.

And I meant that only in the sense of being conned by ESTps in particular, I think other types will be vulnerable in other areas.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    all i will say is that intjs can be pretty damn thick sometimes. i know mystic said the other day something like (and I note similar properites in other intjs including myself) "most people put up a facade which in my opinion is quite difficult to differentiate fromt their true personality." perhaps we should say that all types are likely to be fooled by people with their their suggestive but that certain types abuse this property more than others?
    I support such statement. That is actually so true for me also. After a while I realize how people really are, but not from the start. Maybe because of an idealistic view on relations, that I expect them to be some way which they finally turn out not to be. Not necesarily I wouldn't have the capacity to see, but I keep this hope that all people have good intentions and consequently continue to be disappointed.

Creepy-

I feel like being different so I'm going to approach this from the other direction...

Assuming said conman/bullshit-artist is an ESTp, the types least likely to fall for their crap are the dominants. We tend to know exactly what they're up to (and this can be applied to other types and their duals/semi-duals).

In that light, perhaps types with in the super-ego block are morely likely to fall prey to the ESTp schemes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Expat wrote:
    By "craving" I meant that people desire to feel the dual-seeking function in others - that's why it is the dual-seeking function.
    Consciously or unconsciously?

By I meant not its use in a direct, aggressive way, but in the sense of .

And I meant that only in the sense of being conned by ESTps in particular, I think other types will be vulnerable in other areas.
    I can see how the 'I-will-say-what-I-have-to-to-get-what-I-want' attitude combined with accurate knowledge of manipulation could make an effective conman.

Are most conpeople ESTP's? I could see other types do it under desperation.

Creepy-

There are conmen of any types... ESTps are probably just the ones who get away with it. They say everything with absolute certainty, you need to be quite confident in your own knowledge or perception to pick them up on it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I hope to start a thread about how much I actually love Rocky despite my little "attack" on him earlier.
    No need for that... I just thought your words were a little too extreme.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fever
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    fever wrote:

as for an estp i've observed.....well, they've got their hands behind their backs and a smile on their face!

lol, what does that mean?
    i mean i always feel that they r trying to get something on me so they can justify themselves in what they do and also in case they decide not to like me.

i'm just speaking from my own experiences so that does not mean all ESTPs. i really don't know any female ESTPs and u seem pretty cool Kraus! it may seem like i am generalizing a lot but i really do not mean to offend u.

Kraus u r like ESTPs, but not all ESTPs r like Kraus

and it's the same as

Fever u r like INFJs, but not all INFJs r like Fever

our perceptions of certain types are often reflections of our experiences with one or two people of that particular type.... so if things don't go well with this type, we seem to base our perceptions on just these few experiences which could cause problems in future experiences with a completely different person with this same type instead of keeping a fresh view of the "individual".
    Your saying that we are one unique person despite how much a personality might make us behave or think. I always felt that way.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ishy: bullshit. you know what they're doing but go along with it anyway. you're lame that way ( people)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We do suck, don't we?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.
    ENTp

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    @ishy: bullshit. you know what they're doing but go along with it anyway. you're lame that way ( people)
    This is true... I don't know why, though

At least there are no *real* surprises.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    I think the type most likely fooled by an ESTp is probably an ESFj. While they can carry a charade on with other types it won't be long before eventually they are found out. They'd have to keep a psychological distance from anyone intuitive especially.
    That hasn't been my experience. The first reaction of my ESFj then gf, upon meeting my ESTp office colleague, was to say "such a poseur, he was putting up a show trying to impress me" and she made similar comments when meeting an ESTp acquaintance of mine. I can't imagine my ESFj mother falling for an ESTp con man. I think they can spot their lack of very easily.

I know some INTps who can tolerate them quite well too but I'm not sure why.
    They're semi-duals. But I haven't seen that work in practice for those types.

I know ENTjs see through them as quick as ENTps.
    On the spot.

Expat wrote:
    Consciously or unconsciously?
    I'd say more unconsciously.

I don't know if most "professional" con people are ESTps and of course other types could also do it. I think ESTps are probably the type for which acting as a con man on a daily basis - even without being a "professional" one - comes most naturally. as first function backed by and with PoLR - the recipe for a con man.

On INFjs, I was just thinking that they'd probably not be easily conned by their conflictor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That hasn't been my experience. The first reaction of my ESFj then gf, upon meeting my ESTp office colleague, was to say "such a poseur, he was putting up a show trying to impress me" and she made similar comments when meeting an ESTp acquaintance of mine. I can't imagine my ESFj mother falling for an ESTp con man. I think they can spot their lack of very easily.
    Now that I think about it more you are probably right. My ESFj mother would have odd suspicions about some people that were right on cue. I just don't always listen to her suspicians...actually, I block out a lot of what she says lol.

I'm trying to think of type of two who I know have been close friends for years with ESTps.....I 'think' they were ESFps. They were both messy I remember that. They actually reminded me of me in some aspects so was kind of suprised how loyal they were to her.

One positive attribute about the ESTps I knew were they did a lot of things for people (more than I would) but it was kind of weird. She would offer to do something for someone and do it, then tell other people but make it sound almost like the person was using her. But it was like she was begging to be used at the same time. At first, I thought she was one of the most generous people I knew but then I saw that generousity had a price tag.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One positive attribute about the ESTps I knew were they did a lot of things for people (more than I would) but it was kind of weird. She would offer to do something for someone and do it, then tell other people but make it sound almost like the person was using her. But it was like she was begging to be used at the same time. At first, I thought she was one of the most generous people I knew but then I saw that generousity had a price tag.
    Over-active hidden agenda - "to be loved".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12