Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What is your "dual" like?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I agree. Nothing says romance like bagels.
    LOL nicely put together!
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-Cyclops

My dual if it's a female is probably one of the few people that I can be bothered with in a long term relationship. If it's a male dual, which would for me just be friendship, I find them to be a little.. temperamental is perhaps the word, and a bit too different at times. Of course these are generalisations but it's typically true. I think sexual attraction is a real cementer for psychological compatibility with someone who's similar but yet so different like a dual.

For same sex friends, I usually find my activator a better match than my dual. Probably because we are both introverts so our general approach to activities and social groups is more similar.

ESTj's as friends have usually been the ones who've encouraged me to broaden my horizons, with our similarities but their comparatively more extraverted tendencies.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone meets a male ISFp-Fe with a brain, let me know.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

God, I'd love a dual with a brain we could share between us.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    God, I'd love a dual with a brain we could share between us.
    Your prayers have been answered, friendo!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww NUMBERS <3 so freaking cute and so freaking Beta.

I'm finally gonna attempt my best at answering this very difficult question. I actually avoided this, dunno why. Trying to write it w/o bias or anything so here goes --

My dual is someone who is passionate. I think that's the most important thing for me. Passion to me is intensity, it's like... someone that is down for the most random things, adventures and the like... w/o a second thought. It's also an inner chasm filled with the je ne sais quoi that I feel from certain people that I meet, a very select few, mind you.

When I look at my dual, I wanna feel like... with this person, anything and everything can be accomplished. I want to be merged with them, entirely. I want to feel every drop of emotion that they have... I want them to pour it all over me. A torrent of emotion...

That being said, my dual obviously cannot be entirely 'logical' persay... they are ruled by their hearts, not their minds. I don't want anything hidden, emotion wise. I want to feel the depth of it all.

My dual should be able to sweep me away, make me forget about worries... anxiety and other such things. They should be able to calm, to soothe a high maintenance person like me. Preferably, they should be a rock for me to lean against. Yet that rock should also have a softer side.

Blah. I think I want a hybrid INFp-ESTp.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    my dad.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually they can be quite smart, and when years of Fe seeking turn you into a dumbass, their Ti seeking has been absorbing info the whole time, which they remember pretty well, and suddenly they're smarter than you.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Banana Pancakes View Post
    Actually they can be quite smart, and when years of Fe seeking turn you into a dumbass, their Ti seeking has been absorbing info the whole time, which they remember pretty well, and suddenly they're smarter than you.
    Really?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?
    ya rly, I never expect it either

Of course this is learned intelligence vs natural intelligence, but you'd be surprised how much SEIs can know.
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya rly, I never expect it either

Of course this is learned intelligence vs natural intelligence, but you'd be surprised how much SEIs can know.
    Any examples?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any examples?
    Oh hai!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    Oh hai!
    bad example
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

herro

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bad example
    You make Bee sad :'(

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stay alive dolphin

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    I've realized my ideal person (marriage and whatever) is someone who is very open, tender, protective, but also democratic and able to let me be independent. They need to respect my need for space, have a life of their own, but be cool with us sometimes sharing each others lives some of the time. Must have a good sense of humor, be forgiving, demonstrative with love, warmth, and affection, allow me to stand on my own two feet, pursue my own interests and vice-versa, and allowing me to occasionally be in the more dominant position, but only on occasion. I like someone who is warm but aggressive in love matters. Someone who wants to possess me in love (while separating that mentality from things not related to the romantic games/chase) while appreciating my hard to get nature. Needs to understand I love them despite me not being very overt about it (since I am extremely shy and unconfident and uncomfortable with expressing my feelings.) and not assuming I don't care about them.

Needs to hold his own, be strong for himself without depending on me but admitting weakness on other areas and being open to my general observations. Should appreciate a depth of vision, even if it is only on my part, and should appreciate my sense of humor. Must not be emotionally, verbally, or physically violent in any way. Needs to have a sense of decency, morality, and must be pretty clean cut (no drunks, addicts, etc) and should have his own quirks but nothing too out there if it conflicts with social and interpersonal behavior. Preferably is someone who is not out for the sex and is not going to pressure for a family because I'm not really interested in producing spawns.
    Hmmm...perhaps I should consider ILI or LIE as my type.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    The question is not whether or not Bee is smart. She most certainly is. The question is rather, why does she insist on hiding her little light under a bushel basket. Or, how much provocation does it take for her to explode into revealing her intelligence.

<3

It takes a fair amount of provocation. I tend not to focus on my own needs, and that usually includes establishing my intelligence to others. I'd rather focus on keeping everything running smoothly within my group/environment. Four things can provoke me to the point where I'll snap out of this behaviour and react with a quick and hopefully intelligent response (to mobilise):

- Provocation disrupting the atmosphere of the group that nobody else can/will deal with
    - Physical injury requiring quick response
    - Emotional attack on myself that somehow sneaks under my tough exterior (not common)
    - Helping someone to see different perspectives and regain direction when they are feeling lost.

Otherwise all you'll see is tomfoolery and good times really
    If I spent all of my time proving how great I was to everyone else, I wouldn't have time to actually be helpful and supportive of others any more. In relation to myself that seems somehow greedy/morally perverse. I'll leave that sort of thing to the natural problem solvers (i.e. Alpha NTs) and focus on my strengths in keeping harmony, support and emotional balance when and where I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about hidden agendas is it's a basic desire of the person (in the case of SEI, Ti). They have a hard time achieving it at times, but over time they learn better ways of using it. Duals would certainly help both in providing their own Ti and a comfortable environment for the SEI to use hers. Eventually SEIs will start to surprise you with their depths of knowledge and observational powers.

In a similar way, my bumbling efforts to inspire Fe are often a higher priority to me than demonstrating the things I'm naturally good at (Ne/Ti). So in theory I could eventually become more loveable and fun than an SEI Of course they'll still naturally be better at it, but I would exercise learned patterns and behaviors to affect Fe more.

Dual seeking should be similar, but it's more unconscious and doesn't seem as easy to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Khola View Post
    You make Bee sad :'(
    oh come on, you should know I'm joking. there's a tongue face and everything. Bee is smart everyone.
    ILE-Ti

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart enough to Fe fool you

<3 (I knew you were joking)
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456