Thread: Multiple Simultaneous Conversation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Multiple Simultaneous Conversation

I was speaking with some women and the ENFP was speaking like you just described and an ISFP was following all of it. They were both paying attention to other conversations going about in the room while I was totally lost with the conversation right in front of me. The ISFP told me (an exaggeration to be sure) that ALL women can carry on multiple conversations at once. I've seen them do it to 5 women talking at the same time and each hearing everything that is being said. Do women have this capability (on the average) and if so does it correlate to socionics types?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the kind of converstation. If it's small talk then you can listen to more than one at a time. If it's got complexity or depth, then you can't. At least I can't.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- is thought to be a women's trait, and is why people can't focus on just one thing. They hear everything! Thats what ADD is all about . I hate when people say crap about somethign being a women's trait.

I really think everything in america is based on the ESTj, and them being the ideal man. Thus their duality would posses traits of the INFj. , weaknesses being , thus feelings and intuition would be thought as women traits, and logic and practicality man traits.

-Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks for posting.

@Slava what does that picture have to do with anything?

Also, there are lots of old movies where the "practical" woman (usually in the old West) saves her pie in the sky head in the clouds husband from being duped especially by other conniving women. It seems to be an ISFJ woman and an ExNx man.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Also, there are lots of old movies where the "practical" woman (usually in the old West) saves her pie in the sky head in the clouds husband from being duped especially by other conniving women. It seems to be an ISFJ woman and an ExNx man.
    Well, you've got your "traditional woman" stereotype:
    and your "modern woman" stereotype:

Hey, I use that razor! Mainly because I like to spend as little time and trouble on stuff as possible. Hmm...Maybe the name fits then.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slava what does that picture have to do with anything?
    Schick Intuition is a specifically women's razor. If you heard the (offensive to male intuitives) commercial on the radio u'd prob be offended too. Long time ago was the women's trait because people liek tomake themselves pretty, but I guess the whole metrosexual thing and mtv made it not gay to be ESTp and ESFp.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it has been proven that women have considerably more developed linguistic skills then men, so I suppose it is safe to say that the the majority of women are more skilled at processing conversations due to their superior linguistic skills in comparison to men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say majority, what does that mean? How many standard deviations is the bell curve shifted? If its small, then that statement wouldn't be accurate. there is always a winner in any comparison, by how much, is the important part. you can't balance a needle on its tip.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sfu.ca/~dkimura/articles/verbmem02.htm

That is one example I've heard this a lot and it is not really disputed. The question is does this correlate to type at all?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forty-four women and 41 men, matched for programme of study, were paid undergraduate volunteers. The same subjects participated throughout all the tests described below.
    Maybe theres just a correlation for guys vs girls smoking weed (or other drugs) in an undergraduate setting. Older peopel should be used for this. I have seen how these college experiments are done. The participants try to get done as fast as possible and don't really follow instructions. Theres also a disproportionate amount of N/S women vs. N/S men. Btw, what kind of school was this study done at? If a technical school then most of the guys are gunna be engineers or what not and the girls most likely plucked from liberal arts majors.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No idea i just googled it. I was too lazy to look for all the real studies there have been several major ones done however.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default America the Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I would still go with ENTJ culture. Accroding to Dmitri Lytov who knows all about "fundamental stereotypes":

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri Lytov
    There may be a problem. It seems that you sometimes confuse socionic definitions and Myers-Briggs definitions, they are somewhat different. And the most important, ENTj in socionics is absolutely not the same as in MBTI. According to MBTI, ENTJ is an intellectual dictator, like Napoleon. According to socionics, he/she is a quick, practice-focused, chasing for new opportunities intellectual.
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=154&highlight=entj

I think The Real American Man is in many ways close to the ideal of the All American Cowboy. The kind of Real Man who will not suffer slights lightly, but will pursue his enemies to ends of the earth, bringing criminals to justice no matter what it takes. A man who sharply rejects all evil, and having caught the vile offenders, says to the bad guys: "We'll see you get a fair trial and a fair hanging." A kind of man who can go through some pretty hard times, but in the end always thinks:
    "I get knocked down
    But I get up again
    You're never gonna keep me down."

- and with vengeance. A classic ENTJ Victim Culture, in my opinion.

And naturally his partner is the ISFJ woman the kind of "good girl" who values friendship very much and does not forgive treason. However, she is not constant in love before marriage, because considers impossible to keep on relations that are exhausted. She does not like those who are incapable of loving. She regulates relations not as much by words but by voice tone and expressive look.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why is intuition thought to be a women's trait then? and practicality a man's trait?

but will pursue his enemies to ends of the earth, bringing criminals to juctise no matter what it takes.
    Hahahaha, thats funny, one of my ENTj friends got arrested for impersonating a police officer. He was pulling people over with his modified car, and issuing tickets :-). Some people actually ran from him, and he chased them down. ENTj's do seem more like cowboy types even now. They speak like one, dress sorta like one, in rough clothes, and value justice. But I think the modern man is the ESTj, based on my first statement. Times change.
    -Slava