Thread: INTj's type of humor - what is funny for LIIs?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default INTj's type of humor - what is funny for LIIs?

What sorts of things do LII's find funny? Assuming we actually do have a sense of humor?

Some stuff I like:

Monty Python
    The Onion
    The Simspons

Technical/nerdy type humor, such as How to prove all odd numbers are prime, Prime and odd numbers or my avatar

Some puns. It really depends. Some are great, some are just stupid and not funny.

I don't find most slapstick funny
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Demetri Martin, Jon Stewart and Greg Giraldo are very funny LIIs.
    I also like Stephen Colbert and George Carlin.

a quick list of funny movies:
    Idiocracy, Spaceballs, Hot Fuzz, Life of Brian, Team America, Office Space, Borat, Shaun of the Dead.

Some slapstick is good if it's done right. How to Lose Friends and Alienate People was a slap sticky kind of movie and I liked it.

As for my own sense of humor; some people don't get my jokes, but there are plenty of people that do so I'm not too concerned. I try not to let my jokes get too obscure, but if I'm with someone that gets all the obscurities then I can really let loose.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liek Seinfeld.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find humor in random, though almost sarcastic, comments that kind of give light to the situation, or when people say funny things while not being a poor sport, even though they're in an uncomfortable situation. Take Carl Bratonanonaluski from Aqua Teen for instance. That kind of satire just cracks me up. But everyone tends to think I'm Alpha LII, that's why I'm posting here. Can't say I like what you guys are posting that much, although Seinfeld is cool.

Basically random sarcasm based on an ongoing situation, not just something given out of the blue. The situation has to build up before anything can be funny.

I also like humor where strange moods are present, take Tim and Eric Awesome Show for example. Awkward things, again based on an ongoing situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I find humor in random, though almost sarcastic, comments that kind of give light to the situation, or when people say funny things while not being a poor sport, even though they're in an uncomfortable situation. Take Carl Bratonanonaluski from Aqua Teen for instance. That kind of satire just cracks me up. But everyone tends to think I'm Alpha LII, that's why I'm posting here. Can't say I like what you guys are posting that much, although Seinfeld is cool.

Basically random sarcasm based on an ongoing situation, not just something given out of the blue. The situation has to build up before anything can be funny.

I also like humor where strange moods are present, take Tim and Eric Awesome Show for example. Awkward things, again based on an ongoing situation.
    I think pure randomness is Ni related.
    I saw Orgazmo, and when they were talking about how the sidekick would never use his "hamster style" karate again. My friend (an ESE) didn't get it. There's nothing to really get, it's just random and anticlimactic. I mean, being random is great and everything--it just gets old after a while. That's why I got tired of Family Guy and South Park. I love when a joke comes together and makes sense.
    The saddest ESFj

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. South Park is Alpha
    2. Randomness is definitely NOT Ni related. Drawing indirect associations between things or just substituting one thing for another to create ingruity and "prove" existential meaninglessness is Ne all the wayyyyy. Its like pure hate on Ni.

I'd say Monty Python is classic Alpha NT humor.

Specifically LII? Thats a tough one and probably with alot of variation.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    1. South Park is Alpha
    2. Randomness is definitely NOT Ni related. Drawing indirect associations between things or just substituting one thing for another to create ingruity and "prove" existential meaninglessness is Ne all the wayyyyy. Its like pure hate on Ni.
    Yea well then I definitely prefer Ti humor with Ne somewhat subdued.
    The saddest ESFj

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Archon about Ne, but not about my kind of humor. I'm kind of picky about random humor, especially how it doesn't necessarily have to be satirical all around, but it has to have the essence of satire (like when someone doesn't speak in that tone, but they're supposed to), and it has to be sort of evilish or witty, like someone's getting pwnt, but in a totally you wouldn't expect that or even notice it sort of way, or usually you wouldn't even consider it as a joke but part of the subtle flow of things, hence most people wouldn't notice it or laugh. Python's kind of like this, but I don't know, my kind of humor is hard to describe.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a wide variety in the types of humor I like. I like random humor as well as satirical humor. Usually, something that I consider clever. Some of it is random, innocent humor but my humor does have an edge/dark side.

Some things I consider funny are

Kids in the Hall

Monty Python

Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Futurama/some Simpsons

Planet's funniest animals
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?