View Poll Results: Leonardo DiCaprio's type?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

1 3.85%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

8 30.77%
  • IEI (INFp)

1 3.85%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 3.85%
  • LSI (ISTj)

3 11.54%
  • SEE (ESFp)

9 34.62%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

1 3.85%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

2 7.69%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leonardo DiCaprio

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the videos seems pretty much ego ..... Mostly .... I can also see what i think is hidden agenda as he describes past events and circumstances. Mannerisms and attitudes most closely resemble ESI individuals i know ... so i think i'll go with that as much as it surprises me. In the past and for no particular reason (perhaps the boyish charm) i'd always assumed he was IEI.
    ILE

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    Based on his expressions and VI (expressions including speech, verbal metrics, etc) I type him as Ti ESTp.

YouTube - Interview - Leonardo DiCaprio

I will attempt to describe his actions without VI (admittedly, he is not someone I've thought about in detail):

He is very intense in expression. He can be calm and even soft-spoken, but he retains an intensity and focus (personally, that is something that annoys me. Its very dry and unnerving). He seems attracted to dramatic and serious roles in film (Not only that, but he plays those roles rock solid). He's energetic, active, I think we can agree on Ep temperament. Doesn't constantly pause and ruminate on what to say (like I'd expect an Ip), discussion seems to come fluidly and easily. Can begin talking about a subject and elaborating on it with ease (perhaps not a trait of socionics, but instead of being a trained actor).

I'd say the movies he is chosen for and/or attract him are very very very very Beta or at least Ni/Se (these are movies I can enjoy somewhat, but totally lack a cohesiveness that I want. They make some points pertaining to Ni interactions that I find redundant and dry. Its like the movies take themselves too seriously, plus I fucking hate the mafia lol).

Mob movies, thrillers, epic romances, gritty dramas, etc.

So why would you say he is ENFp? What about him makes you think Delta?
    Enfp was a shot in the dark, I really dont know what he is.

I ruled out SLE, I actually dont see that intensity you talk about. He comes off pretty 'nice'...He doesnt have that 'spark'/edge. I saw this interview he did with Matt Damon, where he was being a flaming douchebag to DiCaprio. Dicaprio got visibly angry as the interview went on, however DiCaprio seemed to swallow it & tried to keep the interview going. DiCaprio kept up a polite facade through it. His reactions/demanor in this interview as response to Damon confirmed in my head that he can not possinly be SLE. I would also disagree that he plays his roles rock solid(aside from one or two). He seems inside his head. He does have a fludity in speech, but its in a very controlled way(not typical of an SLE). I figured he was an intuitive because I havent really seen much Se coming from him..and he talked about the wild imagination he was when he was younger, coupled with a bunch of insecurities he has now(hes shy in public, openly admits hes afraid of death and doesnt like how he looks). SLE just doesnt fit

I can see SEE/EIE/IEI as possibilities
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ability to keep calm like that and exhibit micro bodily control is so Se related.

Se is not all over the place screaming and foaming at the mouth. Thats just external anger. The tight control and precision is Se-ness.

Also its only stereotypical views that are blocking you from seeing SLE at this point. Being shy in public or having an imagination is not outside of the reach of SLE's.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at DeCaprio, I would have said Se SLE. Watching him, I'd say Ti SLE. No doubt.
    Wond'ring aloud, How we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset, My hand in her hair. We are our own saviours, As we start both our hearts, Beating life Into each other. ~Ian Anderson

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I adore him. I would love for him to be SLE or SEE =D

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePirate View Post
    Enfp was a shot in the dark, I really dont know what he is.

I ruled out SLE, I actually dont see that intensity you talk about. He comes off pretty 'nice'...He doesnt have that 'spark'/edge. I saw this interview he did with Matt Damon, where he was being a flaming douchebag to DiCaprio. Dicaprio got visibly angry as the interview went on, however DiCaprio seemed to swallow it & tried to keep the interview going. DiCaprio kept up a polite facade through it. His reactions/demanor in this interview as response to Damon confirmed in my head that he can not possinly be SLE. I would also disagree that he plays his roles rock solid(aside from one or two). He seems inside his head. He does have a fludity in speech, but its in a very controlled way(not typical of an SLE). I figured he was an intuitive because I havent really seen much Se coming from him..and he talked about the wild imagination he was when he was younger, coupled with a bunch of insecurities he has now(hes shy in public, openly admits hes afraid of death and doesnt like how he looks). SLE just doesnt fit

I can see SEE/EIE/IEI as possibilities
    in this paragraph, you analyze an Fe dynamic... you considered enfj for yourself?? there is no way in hell you are enfp dude.

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    in this paragraph, you analyze an Fe dynamic... you considered enfj for yourself?? there is no way in hell you are enfp dude.
    Ive gotten people thinking Im enfj/esfp only on here, however people who know me IRL who are into socionics see Im an enfp without a shadow of a doubt. Other then posting up pictures/videos, Im more then willing to go with any inquiries/questions to help solidify my type.

@Archon..I know it isnt, but coupled together, along with the other stuff Ive mentioned..it just seems highly unlikely that a SLE would fit.

Although, maybe youre right and I have been misguided by misconceptions.

In either case, not enough information has been provided to prove his type, indefinitely.
    Last edited by thePirate; 06-17-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Looking at DeCaprio, I would have said Se SLE. Watching him, I'd say Ti SLE. No doubt.
    "No doubt?" Excuse me while I vomit all over you.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti sp/so 7w6

in this quote he sounds like a bad version of some pretentious IEI: "You can either be a vain movie star, or you can try to shed some light on different aspects of the human condition." - there's "aristocracy" written all over that attitude
    Last edited by silke; 08-03-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE-Ti E7w6 sp/so

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is this guy an SLE Ti subtype, or what?

Great SLE catch phrases and markers here:

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worth the 8 minutes.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi, 3w4, So/Sp.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE 7w6

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

now I think he's ISTJ

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE Si is obvious very sexual
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I bet you say that about all the cute men

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    I bet you say that about all the cute men
    Lol no he lives in the next city over from me and he went to the same high school as me
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

SEE-Fi

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never got where the Fi characterization was coming from. SEEs just use pretension differently. Ti-SLE E3 so/sp
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol no he lives in the next city over from me and he went to the same high school as me
    ...you went to school with Leo?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your dual ISTJ. Hence, he seems sexual.

Check other ISTJ in my signature and they may be similar. At least nice and give you trust.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Your dual ISTJ. Hence, he seems sexual.

Check other ISTJ in my signature and they may be similar. At least nice and give you trust.
    Nah! I'm great with LSE

You However seem SLE
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaein View Post
    ...you went to school with Leo?
    He's older than I am
    Three of my cousins did. We all went to the same school. John Marshall High school in Los Feliz
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Nah! I'm great with LSE
    The easiest way to check am I right about what types you like - to look at my ISTJ examples. May be then you'll ask your boyfriend to grow moustaches.
    Christian Bale, Robert Patrick, Julian Sands, Ethan Hawke, Stellan Skarsgard ... - same type as DiCaprio.

You However seem SLE
    +1 version to my collection.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    The easiest way to check am I right about what types you like - to look at my ISTJ examples. May be then you'll ask your boyfriend to grow moustaches.
    Christian Bale, Robert Patrick, Julian Sands, Ethan Hawke, Stellan Skarsgard ... - same type as DiCaprio.

+1 version to my collection.
    Very helpful!

I'll check it out when I'm relaxing
    -

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always seen him as SEE, similar enough to me to relate, wierd enough to be alienated by titanic (also, he basically destroyed my chances at sex when i was 13 - 17 so i kinda detest him )

ENFJ could be too, but SEE feels better to me.. might be wolf of wallstreet inspired.

(unrelated: who saw, and has an opinion on The Big Short, feels much more Delta to me than wolf of wallstreet).

peace

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'd also go with SEE-Fi, not even particularly heavy on Se. His facial expressions (not the ugliness), especially when he was young, remind me of my boyfriend, and I'm pretty sure I'm not dating a SLE. And I can't stand Leo either ftr.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't see Fi. SLE-Ti sp/so.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get SEE vibe from him.

TIM
    ILE ENTp-Ti
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks more gammish then betish to me. And also looks like my conflictor. I have good eye for my conflictors

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: ESxp
    Last edited by lavos; 03-16-2018 at 01:43 AM.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just had a flash and realised he is SEI

probably 6w5

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see any evidence of extraverted sensing. I think he is EIE.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE
    Last edited by hellohellohello; 11-11-2023 at 04:56 PM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I typed him SEE before, but today I think ILE>IEE.

He has an impulsive personality, judging from his described behavioural problems on various occasions.

I think his interest in ecology and marine biology from a young age could suggest a NT or NF focus.

He seems to have low levels of neuroticism (high emotional stability) judging from his report of rarely getting emotional (crying or angry), might be a weak argument for him being a logical type too.

His habit of breaking up with girlfriends before they reach the age of 26 possibly suggests he's not an ethical type either.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://youtu.be/yClVlc_niac?si=9zCrgB0OcPsoJsWe

BETA NF

The best thing about acting is that I get to lose myself in another character and actually get paid for it. It's a great outlet. As for myself, I'm not sure who I am. It seems that I change every day.

INTROVERTED INTUITION

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's called "Psychological Types" for a reason, not "Take Everything I Act Like/Say As Gospel Types"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12