Thread: ILEs-ENTps quoting from TV Shows

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILEs-ENTps quoting from TV Shows

I bet some of you have noticed this before. Some ILE's absolutely love to quote various Tv shows they have watched.

There is one i see quite often and hes always including Simpsons quotes or Futurama or 1 of a billion other shows he seems to have stored away. He also tells stories about the funniest parts in these shows. Its a quality i dont mind at all, except his stories are normally not overly funny because i kind of would have had to have seen the show myself.

He is really obsessed with this canadian show called Corner Gas. He often asks people if they want to watch it with him hehe. Ive watched it a few times and i did enjoy it. I think the main character could be ESE.

Carry on..
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp's and Ne INTj's seem to be up on pop culture (INTj to a lesser extent).

Its cuz we like making associations and the more material the better. Its particularily fun to relate things to eachother even if they're totally incongruous.
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pshh. Everyone else thinks they're incongruous.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger, this is actually one of the first things I noticed about Richard (isfp) when we first started talking to each other. He'd pop off some random quote from some show. Of course, I wasn't familiar with the shows, so it took a long time before I grasped what was going on. Now that we watch most of the same shows, I can sometimes get the reference. I still have no idea what, if anything, triggers those random quotes.

Some of them he'll repeat regularly....they're like his favorites.
    Others will go through spurts of on/off.

I see it as a type of trivia game, to see if I can 'name that scene'.
    Even better is if I can give the next line of it.

(Needless to say, I suck at it, but it's still fun.)

Creepy-male

I see SLIs doing it too.

I think it's just "that sound reminds me of this sound!"

And then you're operating on an association chain that's very long and very fast, much like lightning.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not the type who goes around quoting shows though. Like the types who always say the same shit over and over again that seems to never get old. Like, do you like fishsticks?

No no. I'd drive myself insane by doing that. Others seem to do that, like this one ILI I used to work with, and I never catch on, nor really care to understand what he's going on about. I think he likes it because he "knows" what show its from, and other's don't. It makes sense if they ask one of their friends if they watched x on TV last night, and they said no, then that person would stand right in front of them and repeat and laugh at the show quotes over and over just to rub the idea of "you need to fucking see this" in there face. Where I wouldn't find the actual material all that funny. I'd understand why they think it's funny. Kids seem to do that all the time, and in my head I'm like "yeah, that shit was on last night. I saw it so you don't need to repeat it to me. Not that funny." But then something like family guy, that's always on every second of TV, those diologues will be in the back of my head, and I'll reprocess them once they're repeated to me by someone else, and after a few minutes I'll laugh at it, usually to myself. If the material has a somewhat ambiguous style, I take a possible perspective on it and logically think it through even though it may not be the correct one. So it can take up to a minute, or I'll give up and get it a few days later.

I do this kind of stuff with one friend, only once in a while, but it's just that one friend. If there were a whole group in discussion about a show and quoting "funnies" I'd feel simply unable to express myself when it was my turn to quote something. I'd have a feeling of the discussion getting to personal. LOL. But also a feeling of conformity. Also a feeling of "alright I need to make a comment about this humor, because there are a lot of people here and it's my turn to talk" and of course the only thing I can think of is, "yeah that's hella funny, isn't it?" I would never make a big deal out of why it isn't funny, since expressing humor isn't something I value.

Maybe it's just because I'm a Ti subtype... I feel that humor should be kept secret. When my dad tries to make me laugh, I'm just like "Shut up. I'll laugh at things as they naturally come, damn it." Even in a big discussion, it won't be such a big deal if they come up once.

I think it's one of those "ego" tendencies. Although I value Ne over Ti, Ti is in a strong enough state to where it's values are again redefined to where I can keep the humor to myself. Like how every time you get a new piece of knowledge, you will redefine your thoughts. Same idea with humor. "It's not logical to express this television, seeing as the only way you'll laugh at it is if you watch it."

It wouldn't be fair to say I'm superior to most people in logic, and I most certainly am not saying I am, but this idea just seems right to me. And since it was conceived by my strongest function, it makes sense for me to go along with it. Again this is just top of the mind stuff. There is no rule I could or couldn't live with. Insanity isn't all that bad.

Creepy-bg

step #3: Profit!

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy step 2

Step #2: ??????
    The end is nigh

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no. It's all about step #1. It's what I live for!

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very big on reference humor to the annoyance of other people. x3 Being able to relate everyday things with movies, books, games, and TV shows. Whatever I'm currently obsessing over. It could be a ne-thing. It doesn't always necessarily have to be a direct quote, but just shoehorning references to fictional worlds, whenever my strange mind makes the connection. Other than this, I don't have much else of substance to ad to the conversation...

Like calling those little pom pom key chains tribbles. x3 I can't see them as anything else.

I can't help but associate vultures, raptors, other birds of prey, or some theropod dinosaurs with Skeksis.

Or the Chamberlain's catchphrase, and how often it comes up in everyday life...

Restraining myself from making Steven Universe references in geology class. Relating things in Minecraft and Dwarf fortress to that. Or relating real-life buildings, structures, bridges, etc, the materials they are made out of to the things you can make in Minecraft.

Just to name a few... x3
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?