Thread: Socionics and Religion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics and Religion.

Has there been any researches done on this field? It should have a lot of potential. I, for example, have such idea, that we have the idea of an ideal woman in our psyche and that ideal woman is also related do your mother and your suggestive function, the 5th function and your activity function, your 6th function, having normal functioning, but not dual around you, are the sources of feeling of Gods Love around you. Love is feminite in mens psyche and having that feeling as if you are experiencing the love of Higher force is related to SUPERID , you are dualising and also to a feeling, what you got when you were very young and related more closly do your mother, your God is relalated do love and through this also do your dual. Perhaps the period, when you were not born, which should be the state, from where the idea of an Heavenly Kingdom came from. When having nondual dualisation, info into your 5th and 6th functionm can make you experiencing the feeling of harmony and it gives you the idea of an utopic harmonious society, which is somehow related do your quadra, people in my hypothesis can create an fantasy of their quadra, without knowing it or never expreiencing it, and we all have this desire do build that quadra as an example of ideal society. It should have something do to with Groffs matrixes.I wrote messy way, but I hope that someone could understand my ideas. If you did not understood , please ask questions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the devil is a metaphor for ExTp's.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava (at school)
    I think the devil is a metaphor for ExTp's.

Aren't you entp??
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An intresting point. In Constantine, what I recently saw, the Devil was ENTJ. Like Bill was in ''Kill Bill.''

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read Shaw's "Man and Superman"

Shaw was a brilliant author. There you have shaw ENFp(probably) or ENTp, not sure, vs. the devil, probably ENTp or even ESTp(and jewish) i'm not jewish and am ENTp, but i feel that there are alot of well known jewish ENTp's. There seems to be a correlation between social location and certain types' ability to succeed in given environments. Really, think about it and look at the biographies of many of the well known ENTp's. I am not imagining this. There are perhaps profound "archetypal" implications.

what i just said may sound strange, but seriously, look into it. it will settle in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting. Jews are from Israel and Israels Ethnosocionical type is ENFp. It's one of the reasons, why WWII started, cause Germany is ISTj and between the Germans and the Jews, there is the Relation of Conflict.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, I supervise germany! I'm a jewish ENTp btw. I guess I'm the most devil type you can get . So watch out. I think the bible is just a metaphor though; a guide to life. So basically its saying... Watch out for those ENTp's and ESTp's they want love and they will tempt you in many different ways in order to feel love from you. And this is what selling the soul is all about I guess. I noticed that my ESTp friend treats people how he wants but somehow is able to make up for it in such a way that he keeps his friends. They are essentially selling their soul for whatever he compensates with. ENTp's and ESTp's are also totally emotionless (I believe I actually developed relational ethics to some extent, because of my strong desire to self improve.) and can do evil for the sake of it. For example an ESTp I know would steal from his own friends, or not tell them about a cop on the road as they are coming to his house. So the metaphor definitly works out. As far as all the negative traits of the jewish people, I have a feeling that they stem from jewish ENTp's. I feel as if many jewish people have boosted ego functions but lack in their weaknesses and the one devoid of ethics really stand out (though smart). But we can all improve.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really interesting. Jews are from Israel and Israels Ethnosocionical type is ENFp. It's one of the reasons, why WWII started, cause Germany is ISTj and between the Germans and the Jews, there is the Relation of Conflict.
    Isn't that interesting? I'm a Jewish ISTp (I'm confident of my type now.) So Israel's my duality type? What's that supposed to mean?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can have meaningful sex with it. If you figure out how to do that. Jk

I think its based on popular values. So like here in america they value things that ESTJ's and ENTJ's value. There they would value things your duality values, which is also your own values in a way.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Isn't that interesting? I'm a Jewish ISTp (I'm confident of my type now.)
    Welcome to Delta. We seem to be taking over this board soon.
    So how about it then, can you recognize yourself in the aggressive, black-haired, six-foot-five hunk of ill-mannered manhood called Gil Bryden?
    oldforumlinkviewtopic-24.html

What gave you the final sense of confidence to change your type?

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    So Israel's my duality type? What's that supposed to mean?
    And Finland is your identical type, maybe you would enjoy life over here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female ESTp's have a piercing stare. ESTp's try to be emotional by they end up sounding like they are gay. Cause when ever they practice emotion they add a joking tone to it or a lisp, but they seem to enjoy using emotions. They don't really consider others though.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Finland ISTP, Sweden INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    This ethnosocionics stuff reminds me of a song called "Arizona" where Arizona finds out New Mexico has been cheating on him with California so he gets drunk and ends up in a fist fight with California. Also, I saw a video clip that mocked Finland that I always meant to share with you CS. Maybe I should go have meaningful sex with France.
    Do you know Monty Python?

Finland
    Chorus: Finland, Finland, Finland.
    The country where I want to be,
    Pony trekking or camping,
    Or just watching TV.
    Finland, Finland, Finland,
    It's the country for me.
    Verse: You're so near to Russia,
    So far from Japan.
    Quite a long way from Cairo,
    Lots of miles from Vietnam.
    The country where I want to be,
    Eating breakfast or dinner,
    Or snack lunch in the hall.
    Finland has it all.
    Verse: You're so sadly neglected,
    And often ignored,
    A poor second to Belgium,
    When going abroad.
    The country where I quite want to be,
    Your mountains so lofty,
    Your treetops so tall.
    Finland has it all.

Repeat: Finland, Finland, Finland.
    The country where I quite want to be,
    Your mountains so lofty,
    Your treetops so tall.
    Finland has it all.

Fade: Finland has it all...
    http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/62...Python/Finland
    (See if you can download it for free somewhere, I am too lazy now)
    http://www.mp3.com/tracks/1141467/dl_streams.html
    (Possibly here)

I think there is actually something to this ethnosocionics stuff, but it has nothing to do with how common different types are, but rather about the general social norms and values. Like how do you approach strangers, what kind of topics are expected and what are sure ways to kill off a conversation. How do you organize a meeting, what are relations at workplace like, how is work organized, etc... What things are valued in society, how the values are expressed. What are the normal styles of approaching the opposite sex, dating, intimacy...

Think if everybody was an INTJ, what would a country look like? In America these ethnosocionics things may sound rather exaggerated, but in Europe we have such a patchwork of small and often surprisingly different countries each with their own set of peculiarities. Finland and Sweden are both predominantly Lutheran Scandinavian countries, and Finland was even a part of Sweden for some 700 years, yet when Finnish and Swedish companies have had corporate mergers, it has become abundantly obvious that many customs and practises are completely different. One example that has often been mentioned was that in Sweden you always first organize meetings between management and employees to explain the need to reforms and set up a committee where the management and worker's representatives discuss the issues, and because of the legislation and strong trade unions businesses have to pay close attention to employee's opinions. Then when "the best practise" has been established you should follow it quite closely. In Finland again this has not been customary, and generally workers expect that the boss knows best, and too much discussion is just confusing. Then you just ignore the instructions that do not seem sensible or practical to get the job done.

Socionics says that Finland is an ISTP culture and Sweden an INTJ culture, it could be the case, Swedes tend to be very open to all new intellectual fads, whereas Finns tend to be far more skeptical and practical - and as INTJ is Benefactor to ISTP, Finns have traditionally been rather envious of prosperous Sweden, a nation that has not even been at war since 1809, whereas Swedes in the past used to rather look down on poorer and rather uncultured Finns. There have been quite detailed studies on all kinds of cultural differences, now I am just quoting some rough patterns out of memory. I cannot remember that much now, but keep your eyes open, you will notice the ethnosocionics differences better when you know what to look for.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The country where I quite want to be

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Anyway, I do like Monty Pyton and I'd never seen that before Go to this website and hit "Video Moments" then scroll down to the bottom hit the little # 9 and watch the clip "Conan Hates My Homeland" to see a funny little segment about the "greatness" of Finland.
    "Conan, I hate my homeland too."
    I remember that episode. It was quite an event in Finland, we are not used to such a publicity. I think there was originally a sort of student prank competition that to get Conan to mention Finland people should send postcards to Conan O'Brien, and Finns knew we had made it when Conan showed that big sign saying: "Sweden Sucks!"

This site has a pretty good comparison of cross-cultural differences, written by natives so all the prejudices are exceptionally accurate:
    http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/1906/cultr09.html

Rudolph the Reindeer is Food
    -And let no one tell me otherwise. He tastes good.
    http://www.helsinki.fi/~jolaakso/finntest.html