View Poll Results: DOES THIS SOCIONICS TEST WORK???

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

0 0%
  • NO

0 0%
  • 88 100.00%

Thread: DOES THIS SOCIONICS TEST WORK???

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DOES THIS SOCIONICS TEST WORK???

Choose ONE of the four sections below that describes you the CLOSEST (OVERALL). Once you have chosen a section, choose ONE of the four descriptions in that section that describes you the LEAST WELL.

SECTION A
     Detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control. Description 1 (ENTj)
     Explorative; light-hearted curiosity; optimistic; focused on interests; interested in ideas; usually upbeat; detached curiosity. Description 2 (INTp)
     Goofy; don’t reveal inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude. Description 3 (ENTp)
     Unrestrained optimism; like movement; energetic; opportunistic; like to test limits. Description 4 (INTj)

SECTION B
     Strong tastes and preferences; enthusiastic and forceful about likes and dislikes; socialites; emotional involvement; reflect values of community; large emotional range. Description 1 (ISFj)
     Soft, helping; gentle smile; touch naturally; comfort oriented. Description 2 (ESFp)
     Flair, playfulness; socialites; physical centre of attention; hands-on involvement in world around them. Description 3 (ISFp)
     Concerned about proper behaviour; stand their ground; hard to convince; conservative views and methods. Description 4 (ESFj)

SECTION C
     Wacky, goofy, dreamy; clown; interested in people’s inner life and where people are going with their emotional life. Description 1 (ENFp)
     Alarm, dramatism, restraint; purposeful emotions and involvement. Description 2 (INFj)
     Gentle but have firm principles; demonstrate positive attitude; willingness to share your world. Description 3 (ENFj)
     Playfulness; bit of irony; acceptance; frivolous; warm curiosity about people and relationships. Description 4 (INFp)

SECTION D
     Forceful; demanding of others; go-getter; not easily intimidated; ready for battle. Description 1 (ISTp)
     Tough, controlling, serious, decisive, tough-minded, disciplined, mistrustful; stand their ground. Description 2 (ESTj)
     Always busy with projects; practical and sceptical; action oriented; professional; active involvement. Description 3 (ISTj)
     Soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; emotionally cool. Description 4 (ESTp)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations.
    I think you could actually be into something.
    At least for me it seems to make sense that the ENFJ description fits me least well, choosing between the INFP and INFJ descriptions was not that easy, though now that I think of it other people would more likely have chosen INFJ as my type. It would be nice to hear what others think, you could put up a poll maybe?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get it - the descriptions are wrong ... Like the ESTp one is the actual ISTp one, perhaps I'm just retarded ...?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I don't get it - the descriptions are wrong ... Like the ESTp one is the actual ISTp one, perhaps I'm just retarded ...?
    Don't worry about how the test works. Just follow the instructions and see if the results of the test are accurate.

DOES MY TEST HELP YOU TO ACCURATELY DETERMINE YOUR TYPE?

See which description describes you least well and see what type is mentioned at the end of that description. The type mentioned should be what your type is.

Give it a go!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    lol?
    Are you just joking? If not please say why the test does not work.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well designed! Thats amazing how you broke it down like this. If you were to make some sort of electronic version of this, do you think it would be possible to break each section down into one description, and then for part two show the 4 sub sections. So that overall you only have to choose from for simple things twice. This is very optimized! Awesome!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

curious, are you saying the infp/infj descriptions fit you the best or the worst?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Clarification

I am saying that the ENFJ description fits me the worst - and therefore my type is INFJ. See the original type descriptions on this page:
    http://www.geocities.com/tommylove9000/moods.html
    (ILE Intuitive-Logical Extratim = ENTP, etc)

I thought earlier that I was INFP since I tested as INFP, and it was not that easy to judge which type description fits me the best. I was saying that Hugo's idea seems to me to be quite brilliant, it may actually be easier to tell what you are definitely not, than to choose your own type between the neighbouring types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finding your type.

Look, what's the filling of your life, the Programm funktsion, if it's

- it's to love and admire everione
    - it's to be loved by someone
    - it's knowing much usefull things
    - it's getting new understandings
    - it's becoming perfect
    - to believe into something
    - it's seing your self as powerfull and meaningfull to others
    - it's being healthy by spirit and by body

Here's the Model A functional analisys of INTJ; , by me.

The Programm. Life's meaning is to make new logical understandings; the logical progress.
    The Creative Function. You have to grow others into more perfect human beings and to make others feel them selfs usefull by your ideas.
    The Role Function. You like to love someone, but at the same time feel as if someone elsse should show it self wanted to be loved by you.
    The Fear. Fear of being seen by others as powerfull and also having fear of feeling yourself as a person of great importance; at the same time wanting ,that others, with out big deal quietly think, that you are improtant.
    The Suggestive Function. Gives it self to a controll of the feeling, that someone is loving and admireing you and searching for people who show love toward INTJ.
    The Activity Function. For having a good mood for work, needed is good psychological and psysical health and wanting others to create this for it self.
    The Controll Function. Supporting others, when they feel them selfs weak by this function, with usefull practical knowledge and know- how.
    The Standard Function. Without big deal, showing to others, what to believe and, when to believe.

Here's my functional analisys. Please give me feedback in your postings. If you find it accurate, I can make the description of the type, you want it to have.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slava (at school)
    ... do you think it would be possible to break each section down into one description, and then for part two show the 4 sub sections.
    Possibly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kaido21
    Please give me feedback in your postings. If you find it accurate, I can make the description of the type, you want it to have.
    Are you referring to my test or something seperate from my test?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something ellse. These are my thoughts, i've made by analizing some ideas given to me by socionics.com+ some material in Estonian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I can't ranslate some of that stuff. There is a lot of it and my skills are not so good to be a translator.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Program function

Quote Originally Posted by kaido21
    Finding your type.

Look, what's the filling of your life, the Programm funktsion, if it's

- it's to love and admire everione
    - it's to be loved by someone
    - it's knowing much usefull things
    - it's getting new understandings
    - it's becoming perfect
    - to believe into something
    - it's seing your self as powerfull and meaningfull to others
    - it's being healthy by spirit and by body
    It seems that Hugo's test might not work that well after all, maybe it could be improved somehow? There are many problems with type descriptions, they easily become definitions of the types; e.g. this person is obivously too different from most representatives of this type, etc. On the other hand typing based on "analyzing the functions" is also fraught with difficulties as there is no proper methodology, and few people even bother to follow the arguments.

Typing based on intertype relations is still controversial and due to the difficulties of typing other's, the rather too vague character of the intertype relations and above all individual differences unrelated to socionics types, the reliability of this method seems rather dubious - having said that it seems that a most beautiful female ISFP appears to have a bit of a crush on me, further confirming the correctness of my typing. Lucky me! Of course it could be just a clever trick to get me to help her, but for the sake or her smile...

Kaido's model certainly has potential and it seems to be at least to large extent correct, but it too is far too oversimplified. The order of the functions defines the type, but the way the functions are developed and the way they make themselves known does not seem to regularly follow the clear-cut pattern layid out here. It also gives an unrealistically one-sided idea about the first function, it can be filled with most different content, and it is also the "unshakeable foundation" as socionics.com put it, and people can impose it on other's, lead other's with it, and even be very critical with their program function. Somehow all these and many other qualities should be incorporated into "the ultimate socionics test" - which I am sure you will soon invent...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    According to Hugo's dealio I am ENTP
    You have stated that the result of the test for you was ENTp. This would mean that you are least like an INTp in Section A of the test. This also means that you have more similarity to an ENTj than an INTp. This means that you are not an INTj (in accordance with socionics). If you are an INTj you should have more similarity to an INTp than an ENTj (according to socionics).

Please say why you have been tested as an ENTp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where does "socionics" say that quasi identicals are more similar than contraries? i would think contraries to be more similar because their functions take on the same psychological roles (active will - authority - neurosis - phobia), just flipped between conscious and subconscious.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trey
    where does "socionics" say that quasi identicals are more similar than contraries? i would think contraries to be more similar because their functions take on the same psychological roles (active will - authority - neurosis - phobia), just flipped between conscious and subconscious.
    I could go into detail, but even if you look at the names "quasi identical" and "contrary" will give you a clue to why I say what I say. Read the descriptions of the two intertype relations on socionics.com and you will see what I mean. Hence INTp and INTj have more similarities, and INTj and ENTj has less similarities.

Here is a section from www.geocities.com/tommylove9000

Mirror partners help each other to see the other half of the outer world, Quasi-Identical partners help each other to see the other half of the inner world and Contrary partners help each other to see the opposite side what one partner usually cannot see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chose the ENTP one because it resonated with me more than the INTP one the INTJ one seemed completely off and the ENTJ one sounded like an INTJ but not quite.
    I hope you understand that in the test you are supposed to select the descritpion that is least like you, not most like you.

Also, it is important not to fragment the descriptions but to consider them on the whole.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can set up the test as 8 "How would you feel" questions.

to be loved = "How would you feel if your friend made a new friend?"
    a) indifferent b) somewhat bothered c) jealous, but i'm not gay

to be healthy = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to be perfect = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to understand = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to be wealthy = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to believe = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to know = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

to love = "..."
    a) ... b) ... c) ...

Then another question to figoure out which of two it is. In fact you can make many different tests and then use them to narrow in on the type. I bet type and number selection and color selection correlate. so the more of those questions you design the more you can narrow it statistically. You can ask about favorite colors maybe (if that correlates), some values, some what would you do's. ie... Which one fits you best?

ESTp - "I'm a stud and the world revolves around me"
    ISTj - "I can make anything work"
    ENTp - "I can come up with a solution for anything"
    INTj - "I'm brilliant and you'd better bow to my genius"
    ESTj - "I am in control"
    ISTp - "I do everything right"
    ENTj - "I am all-powerful"
    INTp - "I am all-knowing"
    ESFp - "I am the most glamorous"
    ISFj - "Nobody has better taste than I do"
    ENFp - "I have the most enthusiasm"
    INFj - "I have the most sensitive conscience"
    ESFj - "Everyone likes me and wants to be like me"
    ISFp - "Nobody can get along without me"
    ENFj - "I can teach anyone anything"
    INFp - "I have the best intentions"
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slava, isn't that from a personality type jokes website?

INTp - "I am all-knowing."

Well, I am, aren't I? :wink:

Your INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, hello all knowing one ... Yeah its from there, but I find this list to be very accurate.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that as closest and best... stupid comments extracted my humble apologies.

*proceeds to remove foot from mouth*

Also, clever mechanism as everyone seems to know WHO THEY AREN"T rather than who they are.
    Now I have to say that INTJs most definitely ARE slow on the uptake. More generally I would say that there is a clear trend that if ethical types do not understand something right away, they go through the information once again, read the instructions and quickly see where their colocutor is coming from, but with logical types again:
    -I do not understand this - therefore you are obviously stupid. It is impossible that my logic would ever fail me.
    (Well, a bit of overstatement I know, but there clearly is a pattern.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all things must pass