Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
Results 361 to 400 of 401

Thread: Explain your PoLR with examples thread

  1. #361
    Northstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    1,364
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I think my father is an SP8, which I suppose is not fundamentally incompatible with LSE, since Se is 4D still, and Si makes more sense with Sp. him being an 8 and Turkish can make him seemingly SLE.
    I agree this is very plausible. 4D Te figures out the logic of actions of people just as they do with inanimate things, so they will know exactly what button pushing causes what reaction typically. The difference is that LSE have ignoring Ti and polr Ni and little interest in figuring out what exactly is going on "inside the box" to cause these reactions. Instead, they will get frustrated if something suddenly doesn't make sense because it breaks the established action pattern. LSE can't stand irrational and illogical actions of others, SLE are more understanding because they're irrational themselves and like to figure out what exactly causes what using Ti.

  2. #362
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I agree this is very plausible. 4D Te figures out the logic of actions of people just as they do with inanimate things, so they will know exactly what button pushing causes what reaction typically. The difference is that LSE have ignoring Ti and polr Ni and little interest in figuring out what exactly is going on "inside the box" to cause these reactions. Instead, they will get frustrated if something suddenly doesn't make sense because it breaks the established action pattern. LSE can't stand irrational and illogical actions of others, SLE are more understanding because they're irrational themselves and like to figure out what exactly causes what using Ti.
    Yeah, I do think my father is really an LSE now. I had originally typed him LSE, but a bunch of people thought he was an SLE, and then he is an E8 and is a volleyball coach, and the way he expresses his anger is sort of Se-like.. But I think my original LSE view is correct, and it really is just him being an 8 that makes him look SLE, and then as @LemurianLo pointed out, he is Turkish and that culture is very beta. He grew up there.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  3. #363
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It also explains why my relation with him is so horrid. I am the only Ni leader of my entire family, and they all feel threatened by it, since it is their PolR function. I am "too powerful" in a subtle way for them that they cannot fathom, and it just to them feels "worthless", because they do not see to its usage and it is poor in them.

    My sister can be an LSE her own self too.

    I am actually what the family needs, though, since I defy with my ability focus on grander scheme and ability to anticipate course of things playing out, the perpetuated cycle of abuse.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  4. #364
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My father is quite literally, an economical genius. He came to America all alone at 18 to escape his own abuse, he got his way all the way up to a Master's in business, started to get his PhD.. And he has made multi-million from owning volleyball club (and is the head coach and competes at national level). He knows how to strategize and market himself.. And then he does value a lot of Si things, like having higher quality wine and dine which my ESE mother is very fond of..

    Te-Si fits the bill in spite of his anger that is borderline sociopathic, and his also need to exert force and engage in Se endeavor.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  5. #365
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @Braingel

    That person was probably LSE with a IEE therapist, making them activity partners. Activity therapy usually works very well in my experience- the best therapist I ever had was a LSI really- so no wonder he thinks that. The Te veneer of therapy is just that though, a veneer. He'd most likely feel the same way about his life and how it's improved if he talked to the person on the street instead of inside a therapy office- if he would allow himself to do so. You have to 'hit the Se pavement' to do that though- and non-Se valuers are incapable of that, bless their little hearts.

    I like IEEs as friends- but they are god awful at being my therapist. Most professional regular basic bitch Te therapy is just chockful of IEEs it seems though lol. Like 95% IEEs... (I'm exaggerating maybe- but at least 80% in my experience)
    I can agree with this, given he talks about what has empirically worked for him. Also, he saw that it worked in his own self, so he thinks it must work for others, and since Te likes go by what is measured and "psychotherapy" is measured "well" in terms of what clients often perceive as it being helpful, he thinks it is only way. Sad and narrow-minded. I have been more helped by an LII-Ti, oneI talk to online, than any crappy, shoddy therapist I ever have had. I think the benefit may also be good, but the issue is that it can be harder to implement their feedback, and it is a bit harder for me, and I do ignore some of what he says, but he has helped me a lot, it just took longer for it to seep in, since my Ni wants to ignore his Ne and my Ti is not as strong as is, his own.

    As I before had said, sitting on a couch for one hour a week ain't going to do jack shit. Your environment and what is around you is far more of imprecate, and also of course, exploring realms within. Psychotherapy is placebo and you can have good friends who are jut as effective as a therapist, and then you can have shitty therapists who make things worse, just as some people in your life may give bad advice. The only thing that has a benefit over psychotherapy is that it is one-sided and you are not expected reciprocate. Which can be helpful and help one to feel less pressure. You do reciprocate with money I suppose, but I man emotionally of course.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  6. #366
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think massage therapy is more effective than psychotherapy in all honesty, unless it will endlessly trigger trauma (with touch) and you need first surmount that triggering. But it also can be healing to expose to that and tackle the traumatic trigger eventually when at certain stage of recovery. Equine therapy and massage therapy are therapies that can actually help you to gain something from that you cannot just get relationally. And there is such thing as somatic psychotherapy.

    https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-ab...-psychotherapy
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  7. #367
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    I think massage therapy is more effective than psychotherapy in all honesty, unless it will endlessly trigger trauma (with touch) and you need first surmount that triggering. But it also can be healing to expose to that and tackle the traumatic trigger eventually when at certain stage of recovery. Equine therapy and massage therapy are therapies that can actually help you to gain something from that you cannot just get relationally. And there is such thing as somatic psychotherapy.

    https://www.goodtherapy.org/learn-ab...-psychotherapy
    Perhaps equine therapy can be preceding the massage therapy, to process physical sensation on a horse and at your own rate, and learning how to feel safe in your own body and with another force that is not human and lacks ability to in a conscious, emotional way (since horses only can out of instinct, harm) harm you. It exposes you to movement and then how your body moves may evoke certain emotions that maybe resemble the physical position or movement your trauma was in, and being on the horse is processing that in a safe way to relive that in a way that is another movement, and you are seeing as it moves, it is not traumatic.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  8. #368
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even the first "therapists" in our time, were really just ordinary people who had no methods to help anyone heal, and they by observing, cultivated the shills. All you need do is really, observe someone to see what will help them, and also, some patience, compassion and insight of knowing what will work given the timing in what is present and what is best for that time of presentation.

    They literally would not have any studying available and literally just had go by their own insight and observation. The founders of psych, the first ever to attempt counsel that had “formality”. But what different is a therapist from one who is keen observer of man, and who has insights to apply to help from what he/she observes?

    Sure, many gave the wrong approach, but today more is known, and even the working methods today would have required observation and insight.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  9. #369
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Even the first "therapists" in our time, were really just ordinary people who had no methods to help anyone heal, and they by observing, cultivated the shills. All you need do is really, observe someone to see what will help them, and also, some patience, compassion and insight of knowing what will work given the timing in what is present and what is best for that time of presentation.

    They literally would not have any studying available and literally just had go by their own insight and observation. The founders of psych, the first ever to attempt counsel that had “formality”. But what different is a therapist from one who is keen observer of man, and who has insights to apply to help from what he/she observes?

    Sure, many gave the wrong approach, but today more is known, and even the working methods today would have required observation and insight.
    Yeah true. When I go see my therapist she says "what's wrong?" I tell her nothing really! But my kids are refusing to to go to school! It's stressing me out. She then asks me some questions about how my kids won't go to school. She's only dancing around my anxiety, as I see it. Love the ILI skeptical my approach....

    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  10. #370
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,229
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Yeah true. When I go see my therapist she says "what's wrong?" I tell her nothing really! But my kids are refusing to to go to school! It's stressing me out. She then asks me some questions about how my kids won't go to school. She's only dancing around my anxiety, as I see it. Love the ILI skeptical my approach....

    I feel really bad for you, @chriscorey. Kids think they know everything and they are little sociopaths.

    My first impulse was to say "Maybe your kids need a Sabbatical. A year off with no support from their family. "How to survive on their own with the knowledge that they have right now.""
    Who needs school, anyway?

    But of course, that's a terrible approach. They are really asking for more attention. "Who cares about me enough to give me discipline and the care I need?"

    They are kids. They can't really ask for what they don't know how to get. All they can do is to refuse this and refuse that.

  11. #371
    Moharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post


    I want Yuri to come through the screen, save me and forever live off with him and venture for rest of our lives and slay injustice right by one another, in different way.

    In that clip, he (Yuri) definitely is SLE-Ti (the anime), and Flynn (blonde guy), LSI.

    He is such an Fi PolR in the movie (where he cries and does not know how to feel)..

    And his 8 is so apparent:


    Him in the video game:


    He may be LIE-Ni by the video game... But overall if you look at his archetype, SLE fits him most. And he probably is an 8w7 in the movie but 8w9 in video game.. If he is an 8w9 SLE, to may make his Se look more subdued, hence he looks superficially gamma. And he absolutely is an Sp. There are some times he looks very HA Fe in the video game as well, though...

    What do you think @Tim? Do you think SLE or LIE? (By video game)
    The guy in the game look SLE to me (a little bit soft compare to normal SLE). LIE in a social situation is more "follow the social rule" and more serious - their Fe sometime make you feel "fake". And when they feel more comfortable, they begin to talk about businesses, ideas, how to improve things... workaholic type of people.

    Here is a clip I believe LIE vs SLE talk...


  12. #372
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moharu View Post
    The guy in the game look SLE to me (a little bit soft compare to normal SLE). LIE in a social situation is more "follow the social rule" and more serious - their Fe sometime make you feel "fake". And when they feel more comfortable, they begin to talk about businesses, ideas, how to improve things... workaholic type of people.

    Here is a clip I believe LIE vs SLE talk...

    I think the softness is his wing 9 in his 8. Combined with SP variant.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  13. #373
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The LIE and Se talk is not availed, by the way. The frequency of your energy, feels very similar to a guy named Sunyata I am close with.. Not anything you said, literally just the energy, I cannot very well explain this.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  14. #374
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I feel really bad for you, @chriscorey. Kids think they know everything and they are little sociopaths.

    My first impulse was to say "Maybe your kids need a Sabbatical. A year off with no support from their family. "How to survive on their own with the knowledge that they have right now.""
    Who needs school, anyway?

    My kids think the can gather knowledge with-out school.. .

    But of course, that's a terrible approach. They are re ally asking for more attention. "Who cares about me enough to give me discipline and the care I need?"

    They are kids. They can't really ask for what they don't know how to get. All they can do is to refuse this and refuse that.

    My kids show their butts to education.. the insist they can teach themselves.. They insist they're smarter than the teachers and therefore it's a a waste of time. I'm so tired ...
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  15. #375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    My kids show their butts to education.. the insist they can teach themselves.. They insist they're smarter than the teachers and therefore it's a a waste of time. I'm so tired ...
    Kids are smarter than 'grownups' in many ways. Have you tried sitting down with them to explain your concerns without power dynamics at play? Maybe they can help you. Also, there seems to be an increasing number of parents who try alternative ways of raising kids.

    I don't agree with @Adam Strange's characterization of kids as psychopaths. Maybe 'sociopaths' is closer to what he wants to communicate i.e. people who have not been conditioned.

  16. #376
    Moharu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    TIM
    ILI? - Ne?
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    The LIE and Se talk is not availed, by the way. The frequency of your energy, feels very similar to a guy named Sunyata I am close with.. Not anything you said, literally just the energy, I cannot very well explain this.
    The link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MazYDnmaU

    What about the Sunyata guy? :v

  17. #377
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,229
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    My kids show their butts to education.. the insist they can teach themselves.. They insist they're smarter than the teachers and therefore it's a a waste of time. I'm so tired ...

    Well, there's nothing like a real life test to reveal a system's weaknesses. But not all prototype airplane test pilots live to an old age.

    I sympathize, though. I remember raising my son, and I don't think I could have done it as a single parent. But even with two parents, he did not turn out the way I hoped he would. I attribute that to the fact that whatever discipline I tried to impose was negated by my ex-wife, who said "He doesn't have to study. He'll be fine."

  18. #378
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,229
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Kids are smarter than 'grownups' in many ways. Have you tried sitting down with them to explain your concerns without power dynamics at play? Maybe they can help you. Also, there seems to be an increasing number of parents who try alternative ways of raising kids.

    I don't agree with @Adam Strange's characterization of kids as psychopaths. Maybe 'sociopaths' is closer to what he wants to communicate i.e. people who have not been conditioned.

    Yes, I think they are sociopaths, almost by definition. They feel no responsibility to other people; only to themselves. An adult's job is to socialize them.

  19. #379
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Kids are smarter than 'grownups' in many ways. Have you tried sitting down with them to explain your concerns without power dynamics at play? Maybe they can help you. Also, there seems to be an increasing number of parents who try alternative ways of raising kids.

    I don't agree with @Adam Strange's characterization of kids as psychopaths. Maybe 'sociopaths' is closer to what he wants to communicate i.e. people who have not been conditioned.
    You are so swweet and so rights... My kids are not psychopaths, they both care about their friends and society. They ignore my advice. They think they're better than school and i can't convince them otherwise.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  20. #380
    BandD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    AB-IEI-Ni
    Posts
    12,796
    Mentioned
    504 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Braingel

    Well therapists are trained in how a bunch of institutions interact with each other which I strongly believe is a Te valuing thing. They'll often bring up some Te institution thing that I didn't find relevant to what I'm trying to talk about, but they insist on bringing it up for some reason. Usually because they are a IEE who wants me to be a EII. It's often less about the individual(s) & their Ti identities. If you value Te I think you might respond to it better/more for that reason. Why the LSI therapist worked for me is she didn't trap me into some sort of Te box like the other ones tried to- that's the best way I can explain it. It's not that she coddled my neurosis or didn't challenge me or anything - that would annoy me too. She was still 'tough' (therapists are almost always assholes- they kinda have to be though or they wouldn't be able to do what they do. You don't wanna absorb other people's shit too much. Compassion > Empathy.)

    btw I think your sister is also a Te valuer and good at Te too. =/ She has those Te woman eyes lol. I'm sorry. It is probably best if you learn to keep a good distance with them and the more you get your own life together the easier it will be to deal with them as psychological issues come out a lot more in close quarters with somebody. ((sorry I like giving you advice so much but I am an older IEI and that's what we do. =D)) Even conflictors can get along well if both know how to keep their distance and establish firm business-like boundaries. But subtype plays a large deal with that too. I get along with LSE-Si a lot better than LSE-Te.

  21. #381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    They think they're better than school and i can't convince them otherwise.
    Have they told you what exactly it is that makes them want to stop being there?

    Edit: @chriscorey
    Why do you have to convince them that they are not better than school?

  22. #382
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Have they told you what exactly it is that makes them want to stop being there?
    They hate their teaches they hate their school.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  23. #383
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post
    @Braingel

    Well therapists are trained in how a bunch of institutions interact with each other which I strongly believe is a Te valuing thing. They'll often bring up some Te institution thing that I didn't find relevant to what I'm trying to talk about, but they insist on bringing it up for some reason. Usually because they are a IEE who wants me to be a EII. It's often less about the individual(s) & their Ti identities. If you value Te I think you might respond to it better/more for that reason. Why the LSI therapist worked for me is she didn't trap me into some sort of Te box like the other ones tried to- that's the best way I can explain it. It's not that she coddled my neurosis or didn't challenge me or anything - that would annoy me too. She was still 'tough' (therapists are almost always assholes- they kinda have to be though or they wouldn't be able to do what they do. You don't wanna absorb other people's shit too much. Compassion > Empathy.)

    btw I think your sister is also a Te valuer and good at Te too. =/ She has those Te woman eyes lol. I'm sorry. It is probably best if you learn to keep a good distance with them and the more you get your own life together the easier it will be to deal with them as psychological issues come out a lot more in close quarters with somebody. ((sorry I like giving you advice so much but I am an older IEI and that's what we do. =D)) Even conflictors can get along well if both know how to keep their distance and establish firm business-like boundaries. But subtype plays a large deal with that too. I get along with LSE-Si a lot better than LSE-Te.
    Well I be damned. I am an Ni base in an entirely Ni PolR family.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  24. #384
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    They hate their teaches they hate their school.
    Can’t necessarily blame them. Our educational system is garbage. Maybe what they need is a charter school that fosters their interests (arts, sciences), or try and have them home schooled with school district and they go to that teacher’s house (but ensure the teacher is trustworthy). Ensure they are not being bullied. Maybe request a teacher switch..

    Reward them for going to school, and make their lunches more special. Idk.. I’m no parent. If they have challenges like ADD, maybe get them IEP, and then they can be allowed accommodation and wear headphones in class and listen to music. Can have fidgets in hands.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  25. #385
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post
    Have they told you what exactly it is that makes them want to stop being there?

    Edit: @chriscorey
    Why do you have to convince them that they are not better than school?
    They think that they're capable of learning everything outside of school. Because internet.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  26. #386
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you have the money to get them a video game they really want, it can be a good incentive. Charter school and home school in teacher’s home should be free. Alternatively, have them home schooled online, unless your house is small and you need breaks from them. But they can go to a coffee shop or something.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  27. #387
    Adam Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Posts
    12,229
    Mentioned
    1236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    They think that they're capable of learning everything outside of school. Because internet.

    Maybe they're right. Ask them to pay rent.

  28. #388
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I become a parent one day and my child refused a going to school, I’d figure out the core reason why they do not want to, listen to them and validate their feeling, and then look at the best option from there that fits the exact reason of why they do not want to.. Bullied? Switch school. Not challenging enough? Home school, charter or if older, GED. Don’t like being around others? Home school or online school. If things repeat, have them assessed for issue and then knowing my child, put them in the care that is most appropriate and then study and learn about that condition.

    You need try resolve the issue with a matching mean that counters the issue, and validate their feelings, and reinforce their will to go and carry on.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  29. #389
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Maybe they're right. Ask them to pay rent.
    Good idea
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  30. #390
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Now I'm going to explain how I deal with my PoLR

    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  31. #391
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Good idea
    Before my ILE friend sent me that book, years ago I sent him this clip

    He talks computer science and I talk art.
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  32. #392
    chriscorey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    TIM
    ILE-pars pro toto
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

    -Carl Jung

  33. #393
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,914
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    If I become a parent one day and my child refused a going to school, I’d figure out the core reason why they do not want to, listen to them and validate their feeling, and then look at the best option from there that fits the exact reason of why they do not want to.. Bullied? Switch school. Not challenging enough? Home school, charter or if older, GED. Don’t like being around others? Home school or online school. If things repeat, have them assessed for issue and then knowing my child, put them in the care that is most appropriate and then study and learn about that condition.

    You need try resolve the issue with a matching mean that counters the issue, and validate their feelings, and reinforce their will to go and carry on.
    Well that’s some Fi there lol yes sometimes kids need mental health days
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  34. #394
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Well that’s some Fi there lol yes sometimes kids need mental health days
    Yeah I don’t completely spit out Fi, which is how I know I am not an EIE, which ignores Fi. But I definitely in no way ignore Fe, so EII cannot be. If I would be another type, IEE would be it, but... My Te is worse than Ti.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  35. #395
    Baqer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    TIM
    ILE-D
    Posts
    349
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Well that’s some Fi there lol yes sometimes kids need mental health days
    If that's Fi I guess I'm an IEE

  36. #396
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,914
    Mentioned
    664 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Yeah I don’t completely spit out Fi, which is how I know I am not an EIE, which ignores Fi. But I definitely in no way ignore Fe, so EII cannot be. If I would be another type, IEE would be it, but... My Te is worse than Ti.
    I wasn’t retyping you. You seem IEI to me
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  37. #397
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    I wasn’t retyping you. You seem IEI to me
    Yeah, I know, but a lot of people think I am EIE, lol, I was just saying
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  38. #398
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Literally almost everyone on sedecology types me as EIE, but IEI has gained its tracking, mostly after I met Stugg (LIE-Ni), and also met an SLE and ILE in person.

    Stugg is basically the king of typology, so most everyone listens to him on PDB. All the E6's just look up to him, but he is shrewd.
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  39. #399
    The Chosen Prophet. Braingel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    TIM
    IEI-Fe So4w5, 461
    Posts
    2,238
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in my head; not society.

    Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (But Zelda's incarnate too).


  40. #400
    Pokemon Episodes 13 Mystery at the Lighthouse RaptorWizard Mew2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    140 Wired for Battle Bunny Lugia XD001 Gray Fox Mt Battle Scholars Garden Pokemon Macroversal Tourny
    TIM
    Shingo Bill Sabrina
    Posts
    1,817
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post


    I want Yuri to come through the screen, save me and forever live off with him and venture for rest of our lives and slay injustice right by one another, in different way.

    In that clip, he (Yuri) definitely is SLE-Ti (the anime), and Flynn (blonde guy), LSI.

    He is such an Fi PolR in the movie (where he cries and does not know how to feel)..

    And his 8 is so apparent:


    Him in the video game:


    He may be LIE-Ni by the video game... But overall if you look at his archetype, SLE fits him most. And he probably is an 8w7 in the movie but 8w9 in video game.. If he is an 8w9 SLE, to may make his Se look more subdued, hence he looks superficially gamma. And he absolutely is an Sp. There are some times he looks very HA Fe in the video game as well, though...

    What do you think @Tim? Do you think SLE or LIE? (By video game)
    Wow, all of this fantasy and super extraordinaire violence and frenzy of the ascended plateau to myth making and frivolous petals of midnight is so similar to those fire emblem videos in the random thought thread with these dialogues of whirling fine aspects of exotic voyages through theaters and timelines of ancient origins in a detached and separate world of gems and frolicking through meadow after gravity crushing deluge that the Atlantean fables are singing glass barriers to open the gates to every possible world!!
    unstoppable destruction (webstarts.com)
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...logy-articles)
    Kara (the16types.info)
    My Wish to own Silph Co came true!!*
    Pokemon is somewhere fun over the Rainbow emblazoned by the Power of Forever. The clouds soar and the island escalates a Meganium petal dance tempest blizzarding ashes and sunshine. Evanescence sparkles glistening auroras of mirth and high frequency channels embarking with the winds of new beginnings. This magical adventure turns on at the dawn of time in 2000. Ceremony and enchantment dazzle the world with colors galore. Mania and extravagance shape shift and transform into the greatest show on earth, the evolution of Pokemon
    Slowking Typhlosion Scizor Sandslash Hitmonlee Alakazam

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •