Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are INTjs really weird?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are INTjs really weird?

reading something from some other thread - it stated INTJ's are weird. i've heard of people calling me weird, as i'm trying to be more extroverted.

anyway, does anyone else think INTJ's are weird? and in what way? is there something we're doing that causes other's to think that? besides asking lots of questions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: are INTJ's really weird?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    reading something from some other thread - it stated INTJ's are weird. i've heard of people calling me weird, as i'm trying to be more extroverted.

anyway, does anyone else think INTJ's are weird? and in what way? is there something we're doing that causes other's to think that? besides asking lots of questions...
    I think others think we are weird simply becasue our normal behavior can be seen as different and confussing.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... not everybody can be on the same level

If I were to use a base level of thinking, I'd say other people are weird too; I'm weird to them, they are weird to me, etc. But really, it's all relative.

I'm "weird" because I took a shower at 4:30 pm Friday night and I'm about ready to go to bed, and it's 11, and I'm a college student (the norm would be drinking and partying since .... well last night, sort of). But I don't really care. I was ready to go to bed, but I remebered I should eat something, so I'm energized for a little bit now

Oh yeah, one weird thing is the contradiction of
    being antisocial, independent, and having strength of character. At least in my instance. I mean, when I meet people conversation goes on about me, and they say "oh, so you're shy?" when I talk about being a more reserved person... but it's more true that I just don't like socializing like everyone else does. I'm not unconfident about things, I just don't like the same things that others do. etc etc etc....
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much what UDP and Apex wrote.

As has already been mentioned before, all XNTx types tend to be seen as "weird", where I think that INTjs are more likely to this. and to be concerned about this. Probably because of how their PoLR is manifested - as a strong desire for independence backed by an unwillingness to be confrontational.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I talk about being a more reserved person... but it's more true that I just don't like socializing like everyone else does. I'm not unconfident about things, I just don't like the same things that others do. etc etc etc....
    I pretty much feel the same way but I feel a need to put those around me at ease so tend to be a more outgoing chameleon but its outgoing in the deed, I'm not actually connecting with them. There are only a few I really connect with and when I do, I'm down right excited. It just doesn't happen very often and I'm not great at putting a lot of effort into my friendships.

I am trying to get out more though, I know its good for me even if I don't really want to do it in the first place. Once I'm out, I usually have a good time.
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think INTjs are really weird, more or less because they come across as highly rational and other stuff that's just weird.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I think INTjs are really weird, more or less because they come across as highly rational and other stuff that's just weird."

At the price of our passion.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least you don't do really stupid stuff like I do.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do stupid stuff, it's just that the stupid stuff I do isn't "stupid."
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "I think INTjs are really weird, more or less because they come across as highly rational and other stuff that's just weird."

At the price of our passion.
    Yeah, in general. Unless I'm passionate about a cause or somethng I find interesting. But not like hitrionic, dramatic, "gooey" stuff

I think, also, because there is imagination in this rationality, this seriousness. The layers, the contradictions. I don't read shakespeare like Picard does, but I have my own fantasies, my own stories that I like and recite from in my own way... but at the same time, I like hard science, and I'm fridgid and cold in general, etc.

So I think that element of contradiction adds to the weirdness, too.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes INTjs are weird For me because their decision making process is so overly analytical and totally internal that it manifests in external behavior I can't sometimes understand (and INTjs are not interested to explain it). So for an outsider observer like me they just do strange things even though for them all those actions must be perfectly logical.

It is like when I go to a bar with my INTj friend sometimes he is friendly and social and we chat for a long time and it can be really fun. Sometimes he just suddenly comes to a conclusion he is wasting his time and he should leave and leaves in the middle of a conversation or something. To me that is weird I can never sort of trust him because I can't understand his decision making process at all. Ok my real life INTj experiences are mostly based on this person so I might draw wrong conclusions

I could also add that their interests don't seem to be mainstream so that would make them statistically weird or something

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think INTJs are wierd. I like how my INTJ friend is very confident in her logical conclusions -- she doesn't vacillate the way I do. I like how she's always thinking, so what she says is usually interesting and not a waste of meaningless words. I guess I could see how she might seem cold to some people, but she doesn't seem that way to me. She's kinda bubbly underneath it all I think.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weird is nice :wink:

wee wee

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am weird. At least I feel weird among typical regular people. There are so few people that I understand and I don't blame the rest of them - I think it's because I'm different.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon, there's no such thing as weird

Hooray, Hooray for weird!!!!!
    watch out, get out of the way

back.off

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think how some types might find them weird for different reasons.

But I can also picture some types feeling jealous or intimidated by them. Other types just at a loss to relate to them. I can picture more insecure or limited people actually picking them apart (behind their back ofcourse).

Personally, I think I'd really like an INTj from everything I've heard about them. I know some suspected INTjs but I'm not sure. They are pretty shy and don't make enough eye contact to initiate a conversation sometimes.

When I do get them going though we have great conversations.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once you learn how to use what you've go, being any type, I imagine, is pretty cool. I mean, I know my stengths and weaknesses and therefore see in advance where the gaps are; socionics has helped me with this, because instead of thinking (wow, I'm a loser, or, wow - how come this is different for me than everyone else?), I can realize that it is a manifestation of my personality type. I'm not using my type as an excuse, but for the betterment of understanding, etc.

I think ultimately the lables of "favorable" or "unfavorable" are completely up to the individual. It takes some work (perhaps more for some than others) to become truly comforable or confident 'in yourself, being yourself'. (This is different from an overall self confidence). Perhaps it is more a self acceptence, of who you are and what your pros and cons are. Of course every person is going to have an area of weakness. But that doesn't mean you have to define yourself through that weak area. Etc etc etc.

So I see that a lot of this is going back to perspective... hmm...
    A thesis of mine, from senior year, seems to be coming back up frequently . I guess it was a good one

Well said... all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Yes INTjs are weird For me because their decision making process is so overly analytical and totally internal that it manifests in external behavior I can't sometimes understand (and INTjs are not interested to explain it). So for an outsider observer like me they just do strange things even though for them all those actions must be perfectly logical.
    I don't mind explaining myself. I just have a hard time explaining myself. I feel like my mind is a cloud... everything is fuzzy, but I completely understand it. Translating the cloud into communication can be very difficult. Perhapse this give the impression that I don't like explaining myself. I actually can really enjoy helping someone with a math problem (or the related)... but I never know if I'm being helpful.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    Yes.

They are pretty shy and don't make enough eye contact to initiate a conversation sometimes.
    Interesting. Sometimes I'm afraid I make too much eye contact with people. Especially strangers on the street. Everytime I look into a passer-bye's eyes, they are usually the first to look away. Don't ask me why.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    They are pretty shy and don't make enough eye contact to initiate a conversation sometimes.
    Interesting. Sometimes I'm afraid I make too much eye contact with people. Especially strangers on the street. Everytime I look into a passer-bye's eyes, they are usually the first to look away. Don't ask me why.
    I avoid eye contact only when the other person intimidates me. That usually happens with people who look very criticizing or mentally strong and not friendly. They could be really perfect-looking and quiet (probably thinking why my hair-pin doesn't match my sweater or something) or original-looking and opinionated. At other times, I am more likely to look in the eyes compared to the typical Estonian. So Polly G, maybe it's just you. :wink:
    And when I see strangers (waiting for the bus, observing passer-by's) I tend to look in the eyes way too often. I want to know more about them... They seem intriguing. I want to see into their souls.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An INTJ friend of mine is usually good at making eye-contact. Except when you're talking to her about something she finds interesting. Then her eyes glaze over. Literally. She stares at the wall, her face a total blank. No eye contact at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    An INTJ friend of mine is usually good at making eye-contact. Except when you're talking to her about something she finds interesting. Then her eyes glaze over. Literally. She stares at the wall, her face a total blank. No eye contact at all.
    Well, does the fact that she's looking all around bother you? I'm asking because I do the same especially in class when the professor is talking I am rolling my eyes all over the place, and seem that I'm not listening when in fact I am very attentive

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said... all of it!

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I don't mind explaining myself. I just have a hard time explaining myself. I feel like my mind is a cloud... everything is fuzzy, but I completely understand it. Translating the cloud into communication can be very difficult. Perhapse this give the impression that I don't like explaining myself. I actually can really enjoy helping someone with a math problem (or the related)... but I never know if I'm being helpful.
    i guess it's kind of like that. when i think about something, it's in chunks, a little in the future, a little in the past. like winding a tape back and forth. this relates that if i did this in the past then this will happen in the future.

example: i'm going on vacation what do i bring: where will i be going? what would i mostly likely need? what's the worst that can happen?

from those elemements - location is the tropics. it might rain, it will be warm. a hat, sunblock, bug block, scam block. extra money? passport? need to get pass port, put that on list. need camera - what lenses? what bag? will it fit? do i have to take it off at any time? practice doing that. is everything easy to find? will i need a reflector? take pictures of things in my mind, will i use that reflector? have i used it? no, i'll never use it leave it home.

i might need an umbrella, rain hat, rain coat, cover for my bag, camera, etc. lens wipes, etc. place for pamplets, and a place to hold the pamplets for future scanning.

what will i shoot? look it up online, look at aerials, look at other people's photo's, etc. plan for those shoots and what to carry on those days.

etc, etc, etc, i plan like this for everything i do. at any one moment i'm living in the present, past and future - but relating to the future the whole time. for this example i just lived a part of my vacation even before i knew what it looks like. when i go on the trip there are no suprises, i've seen it all, i just have to replace what is reality - with what is not reality. often they mix.

so i guess it's this approach that confuses people. calling us weird. because their idea of a vacation is to toss a camera, sunblock (maybe), and towel. then go. i think that's weird. many tell me that i should have a sense of adventure - don't i like supprise? no, i don't. i like to know that i used my time in it's best form. i would hate to think that i would go all that way just to find out i missed something totally cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.

for a long time i never looked anyone in the eye. not sure why, just never did. now, i look right at them - hopefully not psychotically. i use the pupiliometrics system to see if they think i'm attractive - no one yet

otherwise i'll try to read their eyes. i just find it hard to talk to people.

typically eye contact lasts about 1 second or less. longer if your a girl. if you like someone it's 3 seconds or more. longer than that, you may be a threat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Well, does the fact that she's looking all around bother you? I'm asking because I do the same especially in class when the professor is talking I am rolling my eyes all over the place, and seem that I'm not listening when in fact I am very attentive
    it depends on your thought process. i think in pictures. i usually can't pay attention to visual, my eyes blur over. an engineer i know does this. looks like he's not paying attention, but in fact is. usually my eyes will simply relax like i'm staring off. however i still might not be hearing everything, because i have to generate the pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for a long time i never looked anyone in the eye. not sure why, just never did. now, i look right at them - hopefully not psychotically. i use the pupiliometrics system to see if they think i'm attractive - no one yet

typically eye contact lasts about 1 second or less. longer if your a girl. if you like someone it's 3 seconds or more. longer than that, you may be a threat.
    I was the same way with not looking in peoples eyes, now its almost a habit. Although when I look at girls in the eyes I usually look away quickly cause I dont want them to think Im some kind of pervert.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did I mention in this forum about psyching out dogs by staring them down?

Quote Originally Posted by Apex
    I was the same way with not looking in peoples eyes, now its almost a habit. Although when I look at girls in the eyes I usually look away quickly cause I dont want them to think Im some kind of pervert.
    I know what you mean... not just with girls, though. Once I have eye contact, I'm like, "what do I do now." Am I supposed to smile? Nod my head? What? When should I look away? I never know how I am "supposed to act". Its weird that I even feel like I'm supposed to act in a certain way.

Sometimes when I do make eye contact with someone (a stranger), I might think about it for a minute or two. The stranger continues on with their life while I rehash a moment that lasted 1 second. To make matters worse, I even acknowledge that the moment is completely unimportant. Sometimes that is what I think about. My mind takes it upon itself to analyze the shit out of tiny things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_intj
    example: i'm going on vacation what do i bring: where will i be going? what would i mostly likely need? what's the worst that can happen?

[snip]

etc, etc, etc, i plan like this for everything i do. at any one moment i'm living in the present, past and future - but relating to the future the whole time. for this example i just lived a part of my vacation even before i knew what it looks like. when i go on the trip there are no suprises, i've seen it all, i just have to replace what is reality - with what is not reality. often they mix.
    Whoa, dude. Do you really ask yourself all those questions?
    I hate planning for trips. I like thinking about the trip... but not thinking about what I am bringing.

so i guess it's this approach that confuses people. calling us weird. because their idea of a vacation is to toss a camera, sunblock (maybe), and towel. then go. i think that's weird. many tell me that i should have a sense of adventure - don't i like supprise? no, i don't. i like to know that i used my time in it's best form. i would hate to think that i would go all that way just to find out i missed something totally cool.
    Here's when people get confused:

You start talking about going on vaccation.
    Other person makes a comment.
    Meanwhile, you just had a long daydream about what you are bringing.

All of a sudden you start talking about how you never use the reflector for your camera.

My ideas follow a logical progression in my head. However, when I am explaining my logic, I tend to skip several steps thinking that everything in between is obvious. Sometimes this discredits my argument before I even finish. Although, sometimes I do jump to conclusions too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I've tried it, and it has never worked.
    INTj

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    It confused me. She wasn't even looking around - she looked as if she was miles away and grumpy. It looked like she was bored to tears by what I was saying. So I usually changed the subject. In actual fact, of course, she was very interested in what I was saying, so interested that she sort of shut down her body language in order to gain more processing power for her internal CPU. My changing the subject felt to her as if I were "interrupting her", which she resents. She showed her resentment quite frankly. That was even more confusing. If someone seems terribly bored and gets more and more resentful, the last thing you'd think is that they're all rapt attention and would love to go on talking to you.

Whenever we were in a larger group, it wasn't a problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate planning for trips. I like thinking about the trip... but not thinking about what I am bringing.

sure, doesn't everyone? you have to know what to pack. i do it for everything i do.

All of a sudden you start talking about how you never use the reflector for your camera.

My ideas follow a logical progression in my head. However, when I am explaining my logic, I tend to skip several steps thinking that everything in between is obvious. Sometimes this discredits my argument before I even finish. Although, sometimes I do jump to conclusions too fast.
    everything is still logical. when i explain things - it's like explaining a dream. you remember the last chunk that happened. then think about it how did i get to this part of the dream? then go back another chunk. so it goes backward forward>BACKWARD - then forward again. like skipping in reverse while doing the moonwalk forward.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure, doesn't everyone? you have to know what to pack. i do it for everything i do.
    I always overpack so I'm really critical about what I take with me. I imagine my rainy day and my sunny day there (starting from the wake-up and finishing with going to sleep.) "then I will brush my hair... with a HAIR BRUSH!" And when I'm finished, I will have certainly overpacked despite all my efforts to minimize my habits.

everything is still logical. when i explain things - it's like explaining a dream. you remember the last chunk that happened. then think about it how did i get to this part of the dream? then go back another chunk. so it goes backward forward>BACKWARD - then forward again. like skipping in reverse while doing the moonwalk forward.
    Yeah, the same thing happens to me. Sometimes it's very annoying. I might get a REALLY good and original idea. It's completely logical. It fits all the facts. I feel the adrenaline. It's exiting, I re-do the logic behind it. It still fits and then I tell it to Erkki (the INTp I live with. It's about time I use his name ). I quickly blurt out the point of my genius idea. "People evolved from the aliens, who live in the bottom of the ocean!!!" My eyes flash and I'm really happy. (I had that exact idea about 2 years ago.) ... He is amused and asks me to explain the details. All I remember is that they look like people but they have big eyes (less light) and brownish green skin (camouflage amidst all the moss.). The rest of my huge logic had already become unimportant because I had already used it and got to the next level of thinking.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I am an INTJ, I do believe I am at least weird. Most of my friends think I am ready to kill someone or something. This then freaks out everyone they tell so everyone thinks I am ready to kill someone.
    I think, therefore I am

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I know what you mean... INTJ = unlikely to suffer fools gladly. Is this fairly typical of all INTJs?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course it is. it's quite often that i hate an idiotic action more than an intentionally cruel one. incompetent people should sit tight and shut up so as not to derail the rest of the world. we have enough to do with fixing up intentional crimes and mistakes, we can certainly do without unintentional ones.

but of course this is a view borne by INTjs, who tend to have an incredibly accurate sense of what they know and don't know, can do, can maybe do, and can't do. i must accept that most people have no idea of their knowledge and capabilities, or lack thereof and must be more tolerant.

and yes. i am generally considered weird by anyone who has ever come across me and actually spoken to me or regularly seen me around. i do this thing where in a conversation, if something was mentioned that sparks off a train of thought that i sense is important to finish, even if the conversation has turned away from the topic, internally i'd still be finishing the thought, and then suddenly say something about the conclusion. and my friends or family would go 'huh? oh, you're still thinking about that?' i also tend to skip steps when explaining things. that's why i make a lousy math teacher. it took me years to learn to break down my thinking steps to smaller steps so that i can explain my ideas and conclusions to others. sometimes i end up being surprised that the steps can be broken down further at all. it's like bounding up the stairs two at a time. if it's a habit, you aren't aware that you're going over two steps in one stride.

i have a separate set of toiletries for travelling so that the chances i'd forget something basic is dramatically reduced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a separate set of toiletries for travelling so that the chances i'd forget something basic is dramatically reduced.
    best to have a backup. some people don't understand. they are so supprised to find out that when we came from plane with clothes in our carryon. we had extra medical stuff as well. we were tagged as smart. i thought it was comon sense.

every one of my bags has something for bee stings or bandaids, etc. people say i worry too much - but when they need something, here i am...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana
    i have a separate set of toiletries for travelling so that the chances i'd forget
    something basic is dramatically reduced.
    I keep enough supplies in my trunk to live. Clothes, sleeping bag, external frame backpack, non perishable food (ramen), etc. I am ready to go at all times... as long as I drove to wherever I am.
    INTj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now, i look right at them - hopefully not psychotically. i use the pupiliometrics system to see if they think i'm attractive - no one yet

could you explain about pupiliometrics? or link a page? I'm looking for data on it presently; I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I've tried it, and it has never worked.
    Yes, what you described about the logical progression, but leaving parts out..... and thus the confusion on others behalf - that happens quite frequently. In many forms. It could be, also, when shifting back and forth between multiple concepts, relating them to one thing, or vice versa. Actually, I bust on a subordinate neighbor friend of mine in this way... I relate simpleton concepts like, him being fat, or "your momma" jokes, over and over again, from all different angles. Or by interjecting words into sentences that he is saying before he finishes them, so as to make a humerous remark, especially if it is related to a them or concept for that moment, or one we've established as funny, or whatever it is for that time period, etc.

As for dogs, you've got to look at them, and then move your body, head. Once you've scared the dog once, it's easier. At first, though, you have to somewhat threaten it with a quick, jerking movement. Afterwards, you can just stare it down, depending on how easily broken in the dog is, etc. Sometimes it is ineresting - to see what different reactions you can get out of animals through eye contact.

My cat... he does the same thing with me, with eye contact. I enjoy our eye battles, heh heh heh.....

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

of course it is. it's quite often that i hate an idiotic action more than an intentionally cruel one. incompetent people should sit tight and shut up so as not to derail the rest of the world. we have enough to do with fixing up intentional crimes and mistakes, we can certainly do without unintentional ones.

but of course this is a view borne by INTjs, who tend to have an incredibly accurate sense of what they know and don't know, can do, can maybe do, and can't do. i must accept that most people have no idea of their knowledge and capabilities, or lack thereof and must be more tolerant.

and yes. i am generally considered weird by anyone who has ever come across me and actually spoken to me or regularly seen me around. i do this thing where in a conversation, if something was mentioned that sparks off a train of thought that i sense is important to finish, even if the conversation has turned away from the topic, internally i'd still be finishing the thought, and then suddenly say something about the conclusion. and my friends or family would go 'huh? oh, you're still thinking about that?' i also tend to skip steps when explaining things. that's why i make a lousy math teacher. it took me years to learn to break down my thinking steps to smaller steps so that i can explain my ideas and conclusions to others. sometimes i end up being surprised that the steps can be broken down further at all. it's like bounding up the stairs two at a time. if it's a habit, you aren't aware that you're going over two steps in one stride.

Yes, I can relate to all of that.

On a slight tangent to your 2 steps at one time metaphor........
    Has anyone ever contemplated running to classes, etc? (more so at a college campus). I've done it a few times. It gets me there faster, and I don't like to talk to people, and walking is sometimes pitifully slow. I'm going to bring my bike up here, too. It's one of those time efficiency things.

On the same note, I do enjoy walking pleasantly to class at times, because the campus is very pretty...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a separate set of toiletries for travelling so that the chances i'd forget
    something basic is dramatically reduced.
    I keep enough supplies in my trunk to live. Clothes, sleeping bag, external frame backpack, non perishable food (ramen), etc. I am ready to go at all times... as long as I drove to wherever I am.

Contingency planning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast