Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are INTjs really weird?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default are INTJ's really weird?

Someone spoke about the failure of INTJs to understand people. I used to think this way, but I realised-please see my post on emotion intelligence-that I did understand people, but that I didn't in the sense that, I can predict what a person is going to do, I know what kind of person someone is just after meeting them, I could write a whole book on some people, yet, at the end of the day, knowing say, that this girl is going to sleep with that wash-out, I'll still think "Why?" It is not so much a a lack of understanding as a feeling that someone is breaking all the rules of logical thinking, taking a way that makes no sense. It is like playing chess, you know he's going to move to g7, which will wreak his position, but you don't quite understand why he would do a thing like that.

Are INTJs weird? No, the rest of the world is mad!

I think self-confidence is inherent in the INTJ but simply needs to have its sphere of influence extended. Even when in doubt, sometimes, it is better to crush it than take a step back. It is a question of stepping on the fire or falling into the ravine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    now, i look right at them - hopefully not psychotically. i use the pupiliometrics system to see if they think i'm attractive - no one yet

otherwise i'll try to read their eyes. i just find it hard to talk to people.

typically eye contact lasts about 1 second or less. longer if your a girl. if you like someone it's 3 seconds or more. longer than that, you may be a threat.
    could you explain about pupiliometrics? or link a page? I'm looking for data on it presently; I'm interested.
    google should have it. it's where the pupil dialates when the person is attracted to you. it's not accurate, but it's something. i spelled it wrong:

http://www.google.com/search?num=100...etrics&spell=1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd certainly consider myself to be weird, where weird means "different from the norm" and nothing more.

Example: I was at a small conference at a hotel. They were going to take us to a nice restaurant from 6-8pm (it would be free food, and an opportunity to network with the other attendees). But I had been very tired the past couple of days, and I didn't feel like spending 2+ hours just on eating, so I skipped out.
    INTJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12