Thread: I'll never doubt myself again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'll never doubt myself again...

I'm sorry for the hassle, guys, but I have to go back to being an INTp. I've taken the Socionics Type Assistant again, just to remove all doubt, and it gave me INTp, again. Don't worry, that's not the only reason. I'll explain my reasoning in full detail later. This is just something I have to do in my eternal search for my soul.

Seems like I'll never get anywhere in life, because I doubt myself so much...so lost...

(Doesn't that clinch it?)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I'll never doubt myself again...

I'm sorry for the hassle, guys, but I have to go back to being an INTp. I've taken the Socionics Type Assistant again, just to remove all doubt, and it gave me INTp, again. Don't worry, that's not the only reason. I'll explain my reasoning in full detail later. This is just something I have to do in my eternal search for my soul.
    Never say never, Cone. According to Jung, personality type could be just a mask people wear, the "True Self" maybe hidden somewhere deep inside our unconsciousness, therefore personality type changes during different stages of life - the further you will dig into your unconsciousness, and bring it into consciousness, the more "balanced" you'll become, and accordingly, while you practice this "balance" (consciously or unconsciously) within different situations of life, your type may change too!

So, "doubts" give us food for our soul.

No, I don't mean you need to change your type again tonight!
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*
    The ENTp Chinese Roast Duck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Jung based personality types off of regularities he noticed in the insane at first. If you go crazy and are still displaying your type I'm not sure how much deeper you could go until you find your true self.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    Actually Jung based personality types off of regularities he noticed in the insane at first. If you go crazy and are still displaying your type I'm not sure how much deeper you could go until you find your true self.
    Yes, Pedro, Jung probably did. But he also wrote about the typical change of "types/masks/behaviours" during mid-life crises (at average age of 36) for normal people, plus the possible life long changing if one would continue searching for the "Self" (the process of "Individualization").

Don't know if I am up to the point here.

By the way, there is an interesting website about Personalty Types and Possible Personality Disorders. This may have nothing to do with what you said, I am just putting it here as a reference, assuming you maybe interested in it:

http://www.ptypes.com/correspondence.html
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I'm kind of sceptical about how much one person can develop. Certain things Jung wrote were kind of mystical and I think his theory of complete individuation comes from that mysticism and is not really based on actual substantial material.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hum....

I like most Jung's theories, well, better than Freud's. I have seen number of of "mid-life" crises cases with my own eyes, which coincide with Jung's theories. I have also seen a professor here in HK in Philosophy who actually did change his T function to F by conscious effort (of recalling unconsciousness into consciousness, mainly by analyzing his own dreams - one of Jung's branches of expertise)... and so on...

So I can't deny there there is some good truth in Jung's theories.

But then, just wait until you are 36! hehehe... just kidding...
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um firstly I would question your understanding of T and F. What do you mean he changed it? How? Secendly, Jung said the goal was not switching functions but complete individuation so you use T and F as needed but one is not dominant over the other inherently. Thirdly, I do not doubt that midlife crises exist or that functional development exists I just think functions develop in relation to one another so if you have dominant T you probably will always have dominant T. Just some thoughts...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have noticed this too, but there are always the "little things" that give them away. You probably won't see it unless they are very close to you.
    Hi, Transigent,

Which "little things" are you refering to?
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    They can act smiley, emotional, concerned, etc. much of the time, but during stress points, or even in charged environments, the clench-jawed, brow-furroed, T will still be apparent.]

That is, they can do all the F stuff, but it is not like they do it without thinking like a "true" F would.
    Got it, interesting.... I think you're probably right, after thinking about it.
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*