Thread: Mia Farrow

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by silke; 12-03-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: updated links
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, IEI.

Married for a time to Sinatra, an older SLE. (Did she marry him when she was a teenager?)

Was into the Maharishi and all of that horseshit.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think she's a Fi type. ESI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

EII she's a hard core humanitarian...Darfor. my identical
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Romance style probably infantile
    Idolized older men

I don't know Frank's type but I would say Woody was more of a dual to her than Frank and it lasted way longer. I don't know any of their types but she doesn't feel IEI to me.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ia_farrow.html

Mia Farrow was 22 years old when LIFE magazine ran a seven-page cover story on the actress in May 1967. She was married to Frank Sinatra (he was 30 years her senior, and the marriage lasted less than two years) and at the time was best-known for her work on TV: she was a regular on the classic prime-time soap opera, Peyton Place. But LIFE’s decision to feature the young Los Angeles native proved prescient; within a year she was receiving raves for performances in several prominent films — including the Roman Polanski horror classic, Rosemary’s Baby — and would go on to a decades-long career as an award-winning actress and an outspoken, fearless campaigner for human rights.

[Most recently, of course, Ms. Farrow has been in the headlines primarily due to renewed accusations by her adopted daughter, Dylan, that Woody Allen sexually abused her when she was a child, at a time when Allen and Ms. Farrow were in a long-term relationship. Woody Allen has always denied the charges; Ms. Farrow has never wavered in her support of Dylan's claims.]

As portrayed in that long-ago cover story, meanwhile, at a time when one of the keenest annoyances in her life was that people sometimes confused her with Twiggy, Mia Farrow seemed to have it all — youth, beauty, talent and not a little mystery. As LIFE wrote:

There are these positive statements you can make about Mia Farrow: she is 22; she weighs 99 pounds; she is 5 feet 5 1/2 inches tall; she has less hair than Ringo Starr; she is annoyed that people in London mistake her for Twiggy; she is married to Frank Sinatra.

Beyond such unarguable specifics lies her shapeless world — a place of surmise so fascinatingly complex and maddeningly naive that Sinatra could fathom it only by marrying into it. And ever since the surprising match was made the public has been stuck on the nagging question, “What is Mia Farrow really like?”

The feature goes on to paint a picture of a whip-smart, self-deprecatingly funny daughter of Hollywood (her mother was the famous actress Maureen O’Sullivan, her dad was Oscar-winning writer and director John Farrow) — a woman barely out of her teens yet worldly enough to say of her superstar husband, Sinatra: “He’s an artist. He’s groovy, he’s kinky and — above all — he’s gentle.”

Read more: Mia Farrow: Rare and Classic Photos of a Young Actress on the Rise | LIFE.com http://life.time.com/icons/mia-farro...#ixzz365MDKzmR
    She seems more extroverted to me.

I want a big career, a big man, and a big life. You have to think big - that's the only way to get it... I just couldn't stand being anonymous.

Last edited by Aylen; 06-30-2014 at 05:31 AM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Frank is her conflict SLE
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Frank is her conflict SLE
    What makes you think that?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

She looks Ni base in all her younger photos, moreso IEI. It's only as she's gotten older that she's starting to look like a Si valuer. I'm inclined to go from her younger days.

vs.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Yeah, beautiful eyes and her earlier pics she does have like a mystical quality. I am not confident in VI though. I just can't imagine a real introvert would say this:

I want a big career, a big man, and a big life. You have to think big - that's the only way to get it... I just couldn't stand being anonymous.
    I know a lot of people don't consider Marilyn Monroe an IEI but after reading just about everything I could on her when I was younger I am sure she is. She had so much anxiety about being in the public eye that she stayed fucked up just to be able to do it. Mia's energy seems to come from outside her though. Like she is energized by others. She surrounds herself with people. Adopted so many children and I am not sure how an introvert would deal with all that chaos. I am just exploring some of the concepts and not trying to knock anyone else's typing.

As of February 2014, Mia Farrow has thirteen living children (four biological, nine adopted) and nine grandchildren.[51]
    And she's an activist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mia_Farrow

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Yeah, beautiful eyes and her earlier pics she does have like a mystical quality. I am not confident in VI though. I just can't imagine a real introvert would say this:
    Funny, she does VI as IEI when younger and EII as older

I know a lot of people don't consider Marilyn Monroe an IEI but after reading just about everything I could on her when I was younger I am sure she is. She had so much anxiety about being in the public eye that she stayed fucked up just to be able to do it. Mia's energy seems to come from outside her though. Like she is energized by others. She surrounds herself with people. Adopted so many children and I am not sure how an introvert would deal with all that chaos. I am just exploring some of the concepts and not trying to knock anyone else's typing.
    I also think Marilyn is IEI.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't let VI trump how she behaves ... Fi.

That quotation about not being anonymous could be rooted in something other than extraversion. Like parroting ideas or expectations from other ppl in her life, including her Hollywood mother and father.
    Last edited by golden; 11-27-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The pod people think she's EII.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi, Fi, Fi ... her activism, her adopted kids, ...

I used to think ESI, but now EII seems more plausible.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2006/jan/29/2

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes, EII..

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I am so happy and pleased that finally most forum members are now able to recognize and correctly type that is not based on contrived stereotypes
    -

TIM
    9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My guess would be EII too.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    In that case, I'll stick with IEI. Yes, VI-wise she does look like one of those unhealthy Si-mobilizing types that look like they are starving from anorexia. But the healthy persona expressed in her youth tells a different story...
    -.-
    -

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post

And she's an activist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mia_Farrow
    Come to think of it, I don't know that EIIs with large families. I know a handful of them, yet, all have purposely limited families because they want what they can handle. However, if you have unlimited budget for family help, house cleaners, nannies, chauffeurs and private schools, you might view if differently from a normal person. Maybe.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gut instinct for Mia was always IEI. Could be wrong though.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI-Fe so/sp

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I am so happy and pleased that finally most forum members are now able to recognize and correctly type that is not based on contrived stereotypes
    Didn't you say she's EII and, right after, mention she's a hardcore humanitarian? And this forum is horrible at typing.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Didn't you say she's EII and, right after, mention she's a hardcore humanitarian? And this forum is horrible at typing.
    Do you think she's IEI ?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can she not be infantile?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Do you think she's IEI ?
    Oh no, I don't know her or have much of an opinion. Just pointing something out.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly From Wally World View Post
    Oh no, I don't know her or have much of an opinion. Just pointing something out.
    Oh,ok. I still think she's delta NF.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's a shame women like this have to age

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

She is EII I read her autobio...it's all Fi
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII to the max

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    EII to the max
    <3
    I'm so glad that someone else other than myself can see it
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: ) Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind on her typing

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

beta F. more for INFP

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watched some parts of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FRd99oSpk

I agree with EII.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mia Farrow - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a LII-Ti 1w2 acquaintaince that is similar to her.