Thread: Happy Valentine's Day Fellow Alphas (not just the INTjs :P)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Happy Valentine's Day Fellow Alphas (not just the INTjs :P)

Here it is Valentine's Day. Well I'm not going to be alone tonight but I don't have that lovey feeling that Valentine's Day brings out.

I work in a mall so all day I see ballooons, flowers, etc. Even if you have a date on Valentine's Day, its not the same as being in a relationship.

To all those in a relationship, I wish the best of hugs and cuddles with your someone special. To those who aren't, I feel your blahs.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're not going to be alone tonight? What's that supposed to mean
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Happy Valentine's Day Fellow Alphas (not just the INTjs

Quote Originally Posted by Polly_G
    Here it is Valentine's Day. Well I'm not going to be alone tonight but I don't have that lovey feeling that Valentine's Day brings out.

I work in a mall so all day I see ballooons, flowers, etc. Even if you have a date on Valentine's Day, its not the same as being in a relationship.

To all those in a relationship, I wish the best of hugs and cuddles with your someone special. To those who aren't, I feel your blahs.
    Better than being in an ending relationship.

No great surprise, he didn't get me anything.
    Entp
    ILE

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valentine's Day is stupid. I refuse to honor it unless the person I am with wants to, but even then, we shouldn't need superficial holidays to feel close.

Creepy-pokeball

Exactly

Creepy-Diana

Default Re: Happy Valentine's Day Fellow Alphas (not just the INTjs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    you're not going to be alone tonight? What's that supposed to mean
    I have an ex who is also a cuddle buddy, we watched a movie together and ordered in pizza.

We're not what you would call valentines though.

So sorry to hear Blaze, ya got my msn gf
    Polly
    ENTP

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Diana and Polly. Shit happens I guess.

But you know what? This is gonna make me even stronger and more genuinely me than I have ever been. This is a great growth opportunity and a chance to live a different kind of life. Who knows what could be in store for me.

It's going to be OK.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me Valentine's Day just means it's my son's birthday. My baby is SIX now! *feels old* I don't generally hold much regard for holidays, and Valentine's Day is no different. I'll bet 70% of the roses sales throughout the year are on Valentine's Day. I'll bet a large portion of the candy and jewelry sales coincide with Valentine's Day, too. Fucking greeting card holidays... Valentine's Day isn't as bad as Sweetest Day though... that shit is just irritating. Getting flowers or whatever on some random day means 100 times more than getting them on a day that you're "supposed" to get them. I did, however, get drunk last night. Eh, whateva.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy Birthday to your boy Joy

But you know what? This is gonna make me even stronger and more genuinely me than I have ever been. This is a great growth opportunity and a chance to live a different kind of life. Who knows what could be in store for me.
    You are so right. I took 2 years to really figure out who I am and what "I" want to work on. I feel so much like I've grown and its not nearly as scary as I had myself convinced it was.

I've had my ups and downs but the scrapes and bruises were worth it. Each one showed me what I have inside me but its also shown me my weak areas.

My weakest is taking care of me for me. There are a lot of things I let slide that I shouldn't without someone else relying on me. Its actually all made me a lot more introverted as well. I'm still unsure if its a good thing or a bad thing, time will tell.

I used to be super enthusastic about relationships but I've had so many failed ones that I'm a little scared to get into another one. I'm doing ok on my own, and I'm tired of rebuilding after things don't work out. I know part of my problem was poor choices though so I'm a lot more picky now, probably too much so.

A big part of me wants to though but there is still a lot of apprehension there. I'm hoping to just meet someone that will melt that all away.
    Polly
    ENTP