12 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UDP is INTj?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UDP is INTj?

I never really believed that he could be INTj. I have never got the INTj vibe from anything he has said. What do you think?

UDP, no offence and I'm not trying to start a war, but lets get this sorted out asap.

I think that most of the alleged INTjs in this forum really are of this rare type. Just think about it - how often do people really search for a way to categorize the way people act. Who would like to think that everything you do can be described with four letters that predetermine how you feel about the world and what makes you tick. Who would be willing to agree that you are not unique, but simply part of a complicated system...

From all the different INTjs, UDP just doesn't fit the group.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-pokeball

Poor UDP. I'll vote INTj for ya.

Default Re: UDP is INTj?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Just think about it - how often do people really search for a way to categorize the way people act. Who would like to think that everything you do can be described with four letters that predetermine how you feel about the world and what makes you tick?
    Pretty good summary of socionics.

On UDP:
    I voted middle ground... more on the basis that I do'nt really know UDPs type. It's much harder to type based on someone's typing (pun intended). If I met him in real life, perhapse I would be sure of myself... maybe I shouldn't have voted... but it was just so tempting. You know how those buttons are.

PS. I DO think I can successfully rule out types online. There are quite a few types the UDP is not... so I guess I did give a pretty straight answer... but its the same answer I would have given for most people because I wouldn't ever be sure until I meet them. Some people are OBVIOUSLY NOT what they think they are, but I don't think UDP fits in that category.

Enough rambling... that was supposed to be a post script, not a script.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never really believed that he could be INTj. I have never got the INTj vibe from anything he has said. What do you think?

UDP, no offence and I'm not trying to start a war, but lets get this sorted out asap.

I think that most of the alleged INTjs in this forum really are of this rare type. Just think about it - how often do people really search for a way to categorize the way people act. Who would like to think that everything you do can be described with four letters that predetermine how you feel about the world and what makes you tick. Who would be willing to agree that you are not unique, but simply part of a complicated system...

i think sometimes he is an intj, other times he seems more analytical or experimental then that. other times he writes frantically as if being chased by someone.

intj's try to pack everything needed in a small package, but he has seperate post boxes everywhere. he writes as much as an INTJ though, but seems less organized in this manner. his writing pattern seems to change often as well.

i'm curious what his scores say. i think he's a mix of something else, and when under different types of stress he flips his style. i tend to do that as i borderline things sometimes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to interrogate him first. But I'm kind of the belief that if someone reads a profile and finds it fits them better than the others, than who am I to dispute that.

Eventually they may change their opinion, but until they are, I'm willing to believe them unless I see something really contrary in their personality that just is leaping out at me.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Poor UDP. I'll vote INTj for ya.
    much obliged....

But save your pity for someone who enjoys empathy, and just vote what you think is best
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain more deeply what you mean here. As in, how I do or do not fit into what you stated above

PS: hmm.... well maybe later.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

My vote is for LII...

Wow, that almost sounds like me, except I would say people are unique despite type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i vote intj. mhmm... how can I say it... his personal culture is just different? It annoyed me a lot at first too. He changed his behavior here for awhile but when you guys didn't respond he reverted to more caustic behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_INTJ
    intj's try to pack everything needed in a small package, but he has seperate post boxes everywhere. he writes as much as an INTJ though, but seems less organized in this manner. his writing pattern seems to change often as well.
    Sometimes I purposly leave out information with the intent of posting it later. I do this because sometime I feel my post might be too long. People are more likely to READ a short post (rather than skim a long one). If the short post doesn't leave them asking more questions, then a long post wasn't worth it in the first place. On a side note, I usually try to go back and edit longer posts to make them more clear. Lastly, I can't spell for shit, but that was completely irrelevant.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Wow, that almost sounds like me, except I would say people are unique despite type.
    I can agree with you. It all really depends on how high up you want to view a person. Typology summarizes the fundamentals of how people interact with the world. But when you look at someone close up, you see the details of their life. This is what distinguishes us from eachother.
    INTj

Creepy-

Was Kristiina trying to describe INTjs there?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    UDP = INFp
    Hahaha, not a chance! He doesn't go to nearly enough lengths to explain himself in his posts for a start...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    i vote intj. mhmm... how can I say it... his personal culture is just different? It annoyed me a lot at first too. He changed his behavior here for awhile but when you guys didn't respond he reverted to more caustic behavior.
    I've observed this too, although I'm still not entirely convinced of his INTj-ness. He's got a little more oomph, a little more (not to offend anyone) color than most of the INTjs I've seen here, and isn't nearly as analytical/critical.

I guessed ENTp, logical sub at first, but he doesn't seem preoccupied enough by the "serious image" to be one, and has some of the INTj angst, so for me it seems like a toss up between EN(T)p and I(N)Tj.

I don't see the Fe from him like I do from other INFps (Baby, Kelly, Isha, etc.); he's a little too cold. I'm pretty sure he's a thinking type: not concerned with others enough to be Fi, not giddy/happy enough to be Fe.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I was sceptical of his self-typing at first, it slowly became clear to me how much of an LII her really is; I'd first doubt other's supposed INTj self-diagnosis than his.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    UDP = INFp
    Are you trying to be funny?

FP is an insult.
    To anyone, in my opinion. Especially me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on VI and your writing style, I'd say you are SLI since you look like, and write like, an ISTp I know.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Creepy-pokeball

Possible.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I highly doubt the INTj - too wanna-be obnoxious, negative and certainly too much pointless talk (how much more non-INTj can it get, people! Look at how other INTjs here write! In addition, I don't know ANY INTjs in real life who are this pretentiously obnoxious and I know a few).

But ISTps are not obnoxious, so I doubt UPD is ISTp.

ENTp is my guess.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he has to be alpha IMO
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-pokeball

I dunno. Id act like an ass, too, if people were talking about me in front of me without acknowledging me as present...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intj
    lol

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    he has to be alpha IMO
    \|/ "ALPHA" is in my sig for a reason

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently observing something in my personality which might have ties in with this thread, or this subject. Or perhaps it is better to say that this thread ties in with it. When I can explain it better I'll ask you all what you think

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    I highly doubt the INTj - too wanna-be obnoxious, negative and certainly too much pointless talk (how much more non-INTj can it get, people! Look at how other INTjs here write! In addition, I don't know ANY INTjs in real life who are this pretentiously obnoxious and I know a few).

But ISTps are not obnoxious, so I doubt UPD is ISTp.

ENTp is my guess.
    How dost thou condescend-
    Shall I count the ways?

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ENTps are so pointless"
    SEE

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    "ENTps are so pointless"
    :wink:

That did sound like ENTp-bashing, but it was a serious attempt at typing!

UPD, does this make you cringe????

If not, you are not ENTp!

/me dances the typing dance around a flower
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shields POLR and runs for cover*
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-pokeball

"I seek to make my posts more pithy."- UDP

Promises, promises

"That's just it; this isn't real life. I certainly don't treat it like that. "-UDP

Thank you for saying that. I wish everyone could realize that from all posters. I realize that what Im going to say isnt your direct meaning but I was talking to someone else earlier this week and I realized that at least 50% of what I type (letters, not people...) is assimilated from online lingo/other online people. This is very much the same as culture in verbal language I think---just more on the netizen level.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think the internet is a bit of a problem for me sometimes. I took a year off the internet to save money and to unplug. I discovered I can paint! I was also making more money because I was actively taking on more contract work etc.

The internet at home requires I have more free time i.e. allows me to procrastinate from real world stuff.

I'd much rather be sitting here than doing my dishes, hence why my dishes are always behind.

I am far more aggressive online than I am in real life. I definately argue more with people in forums etc. In real life, I often don't find the arguments worth it and walk away. Its never because I don't think I can't win though. I just chose my battles carefully.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like interacting over the internet. Cuts away alot of the bullshit that people do in real life to make you like them. I think you can see what a person is like on the inside when you only see what they say. I know it takes away alot from the way people perceive me, but on some level, I'm glad, because they give me insight into the kind of people they really are by their reactions.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Thank you for saying that. I wish everyone could realize that from all posters. I realize that what Im going to say isnt your direct meaning but I was talking to someone else earlier this week and I realized that at least 50% of what I type (letters, not people...) is assimilated from online lingo/other online people. This is very much the same as culture in verbal language I think---just more on the netizen level.
    I've noticed that too, a uniformization of the expression, ewww (in a paranthesis said that is for sure smth I wouldn't say normally, the eww addition) hihi, but you know what I mean

and about UDP

well, he might be INTj, getting over the pointless talk level.

from the INTj uncovered profile http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj2.htm

If there were a Weirdness Olympics between all 16 types then INTj would be an unbeatable gold medallist. In fact INTjs are so weird that they do not just appear weird to people who don't know them well but to other INTjs as well.
    I have to say this is SO true. I don't think INTjs actually look-a-like each other that much, as far as the writing style here on forum It's not a criterion to say who is INTj and who is not. So, I'd say people, don't be confused about that. (as myself was and still am)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact INTjs are so weird that they do not just appear weird to people who don't know them well but to other INTjs as well. This is because INTjs take little or no notice of what other people think. What they think themselves is much more important for INTjs.
    You left out some good stuff in that miniquote; the next sentence-

I really don't care what other people think of me. It is more imporant of what I think about myself.

"I think, therefore I am" once said Rene Descartes, clearly delighted about the fact that he can think. But what he really meant was "I stink, therefore I am" since INTjs can often deprive themselves of a good bath and can happily live in a pigsty when nobody watches. They miserably fail to understand the basic needs of their bodies and therefore do not address them as a first priority. This goes for food and sex too. But do INTjs enjoy tasty food and sex? Sure, when you stick it under their nose. And what do they do to have plenty of fine food and meaningless sex? Precisely nothing. The latter one could be explained by the fact that by default INTjs are socially handicapped. Combined with their closely guarded fear of intimacy this makes it pretty hard for INTjs to get laid, resulting in many INTjs being either virgins or remaining celibate for a long time.
    Yeah, that's true. I haven't taken a shower since yesterday morning, but I've can still make myself prsentable. I've learned how to feed myself, sort of, but mimally so. I do like to keep my room relatively neat, just because it makes things easier. But if I have too much stuff, then I don't take the time to organize it all usually, just what I need. I do like tastey food most of the time, and I do have a sexual appetite. But I've always been able to keep both in control; my mind has had more influence then my other head, so to say. But I'm not going to deny that I am a horny 18 year old male at times. I put no special emphasis on seeking to have sex with a girl, though, although I do appreciate physical beauty in women.

Marked with inability to clearly read people's true disposition towards themselves, INTjs compensate for it with their acquired ability to piss people off. This is rather a defensive than an offensive mechanism. It works on the principal that an angry person has very little control over their emotions and therefore cannot suppress their true feelings, which often prevents the truth from coming out. INTjs normally do not apply this principal to anybody unless they are unsure. So as long as you are true and sincere with an INTj you should be fine.
    Bravo. mostly

Something you can't deny is that INTjs are pretty adept at many things but one thing INTjs are really good at is at over-tightening the screws, whether it is said in a metaphorical or a literal sense. Having a natural inability to judge amounts and distributions of forces often leads them to overdo things. If you ask an INTj to design a good chair to withstand the weight of one adult, when it is finished it will probably withstand the weight of one adult elephant.
    "well you said you wanted something sturdy!"

Note: this also applies to sex, somewhat. There is somewhat of a desier to do "an excessively good job", though there is still the internal "yeah that feels good" aspect, too.

Finally, if you hear a sarcastic remark from an INTj you should know you are on dangerous ground i.e. you said something stupid. To continue in the same direction would be unwise. However if you want to enrage an INTj all you need to do is to make the same stupid remark over and over again but more importantly you have to stand by your words, i.e. show that you really mean it... Why would anyone want to do that?
    Yeah, I've been that way here. Sometimes people don't catch it, either, because I say it so straight, and they just kind of keep going in that direction anyway. People here are very amusing in that regard...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading your last post UDP, I say your deffinitly INTj. Because if your not,....then Im probally not either. Which of course isnt true
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    You left out some good stuff in that miniquote; the next sentence-
    Well, that's very INTj-ish of me also. I did that deliberately, cutting the text that I believed was not relevant to \the point I was trying to make

PS and I'm still confused about you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so too, we're not unique, as people just like to believe. The more I see it, it just makes sense that we are made in series, just like those clothes in a factory. Not the fancy clothes of the famous designers, just some cheap clothes. But then of course every cloth probably has it's uniquenes in that it has a slight deviation from the original pattern after it was made the cloth, and that just might give us the illusion we are unique
    But in fact everrything in nature it is made in series, animals, plants, humans, everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast