Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    thank you.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ISTjs are easy to tell apart from ESTps. ISTjs are reclusive and slowly pull you into their little bubble. ESTps have this expansive energy.
    The other night I was walking and I felt like this boom presence, and I could tell it was an ESTp, I didn't need to look up to clarify. ESTps have this high energy, high impact, full on sexual energy - it's invigorating and intimidating. ISTjs have this far more subtle sexual energy, it's like they simmer, it's aggressive yet calming and stable. (actually no, I take it back, they are intimidating in a sexual way too; I think this is probaly an IEI thing... lol).

Also they appear very different, it's not until you get deeper into the ISTj that you see how opinionated and 'tough' they are. ESTps are upfront, you know what they want. ISTjs are closed off and only show you what they want you to know. ISTjs come across as polite and friendly, you can't always tell what they think or feel. ESTps are like crazed, bouncing off all over the place, or just sit back and watch but the intensity never leaves them; their easy to read, whatever they feel; you will feel it too.

IEIs and EIEs are more similar I guess. IEIs are often weirder and have better dress sense :tongue:. Lol, that's my shallow analysis...
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinki View Post
    I think ISTjs are easy to tell apart from ESTps. ISTjs are reclusive and slowly pull you into their little bubble. ESTps have this expansive energy.
    The other night I was walking and I felt like this boom presence, and I could tell it was an ESTp, I didn't need to look up to clarify. ESTps have this high energy, high impact, full on sexual energy - it's invigorating and intimidating. ISTjs have this far more subtle sexual energy, it's like they simmer, it's aggressive yet calming and stable. (actually no, I take it back, they are intimidating in a sexual way too; I think this is probaly an IEI thing... lol).

Also they appear very different, it's not until you get deeper into the ISTj that you see how opinionated and 'tough' they are. ESTps are upfront, you know what they want. ISTjs are closed off and only show you what they want you to know. ISTjs come across as polite and friendly, you can't always tell what they think or feel. ESTps are like crazed, bouncing off all over the place, or just sit back and watch but the intensity never leaves them; their easy to read, whatever they feel; you will feel it too.
    I appear nicely in the middle.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

IEIs and EIEs are more similar I guess. IEIs are often weirder and have better dress sense :tongue:. Lol, that's my shallow analysis...
    of course dinki would never relate everything to sex

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    of course dinki would never relate everything to sex
    lol

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol . I didn't have anything else remotely helpful to add...

Right in the middle like how Ezra ;]?
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuslove View Post
    I often get told, "For someone so cute, you're really fucking weird." It usually happens about three months after I meet someone. A lot of the time it's because I let slip something slightly perverted.
    Lol
    Yeah people often say roughly the same thing to me .
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump. I love this thread.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I actually see what you mean.
    i noticed that too; but i doubt my observations too much, but since someone else said it, yeah; i see that too.

definitely with the LSI and SLE as well.

also, i think a good way of telling the difference is that when a rational beta states something, the way they get their point across is usually very clear... as where the irrationals tend to really ramble, and speak in chunks. but in the end their point or idea is developed, but in a less consistent manner.

its like... subtle but equal and solid additions to the portraying of their idea (rational) versus smoother but inconsistent in "size" additions (irrational)

basically, irrationals jump around and tend to ramble more than rationals.

let's see how people nitpick at that.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gotta bump this thread again cause it's so great!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    bump. I love this thread.
    Haha, same! And I never answered dinki!

Right in the middle like how Ezra ;]?
    Well, now you know You're always saying how I am "not like other SLEs" because I'm more toned down, restrained, I give a shit etc.

THAT'S TI SUBTYPE FOR YA BBZ

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    lol, a random ESTp was staring me down with that look today.
    Ahhhh, I never realised all those girls I was giving that look to were actually IEIs and they were massively into me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Yup, Ti sub is the best!!! (although I guess it's not supposed to be, for me, if I'm Ni sub. but on the other hand, if I'm EIE-Ni, Ti-SLE would be better than Se-SLE... whatevah!)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, same! And I never answered dinki!

Well, now you know You're always saying how I am "not like other SLEs" because I'm more toned down, restrained, I give a shit etc.

I was also talking about the ti subtype, bbz. Maybe you're SPECIAL.

Ahhhh, I never realised all those girls I was giving that look to were actually IEIs and they were massively into me.
    -
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Awwwww thnx bbz, lUV y4z <3333333

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, Ti sub is the best!!! (although I guess it's not supposed to be, for me, if I'm Ni sub. but on the other hand, if I'm EIE-Ni, Ti-SLE would be better than Se-SLE... whatevah!)
    You think you're an EIE? Nahhhhh, you're an IEI!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You think you're an EIE? Nahhhhh, you're an IEI!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, found this site today. First time poster. Go easy. lol

Im an IEI and my older sister is an EIE. One total difference between the two types ive noticed is EIE's dont like to have conversations about nothing. The abstract qualities you see in the IEI's eclecity of weird, arent expressed by the EIE. EnFj's seem to be more practical, and interested in things that they can apply. Infp's i noticed seem to be intrigued by things they can analyze and break apart into their heads to draw the nourishment from later whenever the intuition pops.

TIM
    IEI-Ni; e54 so/sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VixenDogFox View Post
    John Lennon might not be EIE and Dave Matthews might be SEE.

Just some thoughts...
    I actually think Lennon is a LIE (with Yoko, an EII) and Matthews a SEI (lots of not-so-subtle instrumentation, i.e. obnoxious saxophones, various horns, extra singers and only drags out performances out twice as long as need be rather than ten times as with the Boss, king of the monkey SEEs).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Aside from temperament, which can be misleading in Socionics, especially for Betas, (e.g. ENFjs and ISTjs can seem irrational; ESTps can look rational, and INFps can be extroverted,) how do you tell the two beta NFs and beta STs apart?

Which characteristics, have you noticed, give a particular Beta type away?
    I was discussing this connection with my LSI friend and the distinction comes down to risk taking; he said he is highly adverse to risk and taking risk, which interestingly he admires in his SLE friend. Especially, risk taking in the financial sense of the word or investment sense of the word.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from temperament, which can be misleading in Socionics, especially for Betas, (e.g. ENFjs and ISTjs can seem irrational; ESTps can look rational, and INFps can be extroverted,) how do you tell the two beta NFs and beta STs apart?

I find it highly unlikely that an LSI seems irrational - why do you think this? Likewise with SLE; only superficially do they. As for extroverted IEIs, I see where you're coming from, although it tends to be pretty obvious after a while.

The LSIs I know are hyperrational. They tend to have this kind of smooth coolness about them, and they know it. They're confident. Some of them are relatively slow, visibly methodical thinkers, but they're all clear and systematic. Good company, and good in discussion. When the conversation is on a topic in which they're interested, they tend to get quite excited - you can hear it in their voices; sometimes more excitable than an SLE.

"Restraint" or "quiet" (at times) SLEs like myself are clearly not rational after a few days observation.

As for Beta NFs, EIEs tend to just spring up to me - the Fe is REALLY obvious. Anyone I'm mysteriously attracted to I tend to view as IEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I find it highly unlikely that an LSI seems irrational - why do you think this? Likewise with SLE; only superficially do they. As for extroverted IEIs, I see where you're coming from, although it tends to be pretty obvious after a while.

The LSIs I know are hyperrational. They tend to have this kind of smooth coolness about them, and they know it. They're confident. Some of them are relatively slow, visibly methodical thinkers, but they're all clear and systematic. Good company, and good in discussion. When the conversation is on a topic in which they're interested, they tend to get quite excited - you can hear it in their voices; sometimes more excitable than an SLE.

"Restraint" or "quiet" (at times) SLEs like myself are clearly not rational after a few days observation.

As for Beta NFs, EIEs tend to just spring up to me - the Fe is REALLY obvious. Anyone I'm mysteriously attracted to I tend to view as IEI.
    AHHHH; you're driving me nuts...for goodness sake you're LIE type.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Good justification there, Maritsa, you useless individual.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, Ezra is not LIE.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, every word of this is true, ime.
    Yes, usually the more restrained ones are Ti-subs. They can be pretty unpredictable.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Yes, usually the more restrained ones are Ti-subs. They can be pretty unpredictable.
    So can you.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Good justification there, Maritsa, you useless individual.
    You love her.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You want him so badly.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So can you.
    that's what I've been told. :wink:
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

that's what I've been told. :wink:
    come on aim

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You want him so badly.
    I have someone else in mind to want.
    -

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I'm sure you have many in mind.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Fuck you.
    nah you're not my type.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You love would do her.
    Fixed.

You want him so badly.
    She does.

come on aim
    lol

mercutio?

I'm sure you have many in mind.
    Absolutely.

Fuck you.
    That's hot. Keep it up, and discojoe will join me to roast you.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

That's hot. Keep it up, and discojoe will join me to roast you.
    I don't want mercutio...what do you mean by roasting me?
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want mercutio...what do you mean by roasting me?
    Urban Dictionary: spitroast

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI: immovable rock.

SLE: con artist

EIE: drama queen

IEI: poet

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    SLE: con artist
    I resent that.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I resent that.
    You know, Ezra, Se ego doesn't mean being mean and a jerk, it means statics of objects.

Maritsa, Ezra is not LIE.
    Yes he is.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-08-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    -

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, Ezra, Se ego doesn't mean being mean and a jerk, it means statics of objects.

Yes he is.
    LMAO @ you maritsa get over yourself

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LMAO @ you maritsa get over yourself
    That's a funny thing that you should tell me Ezra...no seriously...it's obvious as hell that you and I aren't very good relations...you telling me to get over myself is very Gamma ish....

What is the purpose of me getting over myself?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast