Last edited by silke; 10-25-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love her. someone type her please.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Don't know who she is, so don't know what she's like. But my guess based on those pictures would be INTp.
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say either ILI or SLI.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I thought IxTx, and\or a type 5.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's awesome. I think she's a good example of a female LSI. Sort of like an emotionally healthier, more mellowed-out version of Henry Rollins. Although I could see INTp as well. (Compare: Bob Dylan.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this is going to make any sense, but just based on the photos, she gives me a Maria sort of vibe.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, her music either tries too hard and ends up sounding dilettantish--like a goth girl who dropped out in 11th grade, poured over an old copy of "A Season in Hell" and took us all along for the ride--or else, it's just kinda boring.

She rode that Bruce Springsteen cover for all it was worth. (Springsteen is Delta ST, IMO.. Just based on looks... I haven't seen interviews, and I cannot stand most of his music.)

All of this is by way of saying, I have no idea what type she is. Hah. Just had to get that off my chest.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I don't know if this is going to make any sense, but just based on the photos, she gives me a Maria sort of vibe.
    i can see it. tbh i hate her music, but i can see definitely where you get the resemblance.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She used to talk to other rock stars. In her head.
    That was when she wasn't famous. I'm calling for IEI.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ENTj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INFp, e5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my favorite. Some energetic, poetic, and heretic personality is the kind she possess.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems IEI.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Bump.
    I still don't have any solid opinion on her type. Her lyrics are very -like (but perhaps this is true of a lot of musicians), she seems both introverted and extroverted...?

TIM
    SLI-N 9W1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess based on one interview is ILE

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-LSI area

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Patti Smith

I just read an article about how the Pope chose Patti Smith to perform this Christmas at the Vatican.

Thoughts?

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think her lyrics are very -heavy but she's always been a puzzle for me. Someone who I probably shouldn't mention suggested SEE I think on the fly in the chat when I mentioned her some time ago. This is a previous thread where a wide selection of types were suggested: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...91-Patti-Smith

She is probably quite similar to Jim Morrison in my mind (although I know a lot more about Patti Smith): I assumed JM was IEI without really knowing anything about him before finding the common opinion was SLE. He was an individual who was known for spontaneous and "spontaneous" generation of new lyrics\poetry in performances, who went between punchy and mesmerising performances. (I don't necessarily think that she has the same type as JM though).

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the link! Im intrigued now as to how the Pope chose her (if it's just because they met and got along) and how typing might have potentially played into that. Just seems somewhat random otherwise.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the Catholic Church more than most organisations is well-suited to make such connections. Maybe it was because she did some music for the movie Noah (although they may possibly have found that movie problematic), or maybe it's just because she's been around for forty years and eventually got asked?

I wonder if she could be IEI like her hero Rimbaud probably was ? I can't remember why I thought ILI as more likely before - it was probably because her music tends to be more descriptive and less emotive than comparable people (even when describing emotive events - she is more detached, although she still has great passion and energy etc.). I also wonder about ESI - because that is a typing that often escapes me - although I see no evidence of -dominance whatsoever.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

she reminds me of both Charlotte Gainsbourg and Lou Reed for some reason ... she ain't super-simplistic, but her music is not my wavelength

I sort of type her E5w4 Fi/Te (e.g. ILI) or LSI/LII.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm currently thinking EIE. I've also considered ESI. Most other suggestions suggested by others on the forum I can also see the rationale for: it's difficult for me to have any solid opinion, as I've said before! If she is an atypical type (for a musican, or a 'famous' person in general, or for her gender), or if there is that possibility, it may complicate matters.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Seems a negativist EJ type, but I would go with LSE > ExE for her, sx/so.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is my final guess...
    Last edited by Jake; 10-26-2016 at 05:22 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was curious too, because I always thought she must be the exact same type as my friend. Here's my friend's music video, she looks a LOT like young Patti Smith, and her photo shoots have the same vibe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uncCqxH_8
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE ?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bits of her bio: moved to New York when she was 18/19, to try become famous. She had had a baby but decided for adoption so that she could do her stuff. She arrives in New York without many skills, and with a handbag that contains books of poetry (Rimbaud); she befriends Mapplethorp and the 2 inspire each other to write and make art. They hang out in all the cool places, rent a room in the artsy hotels of New York to be close to the artists, eventually she starts making music. Fast forward, she meets her future husband, a musician whom she tours with and in a couple of years they move to the wild deserted places in the US, live in a motel with their kids, just making music and working, out of the show-business.

Maybe LIE.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    Bits of her bio: moved to New York when she was 18/19, to try become famous. She had had a baby but decided for adoption so that she could do her stuff. She arrives in New York without many skills, and with a handbag that contains books of poetry (Rimbaud); she befriends Mapplethorp and the 2 inspire each other to write and make art. They hang out in all the cool places, rent a room in the artsy hotels of New York to be close to the artists, eventually she starts making music. Fast forward, she meets her future husband, a musician whom she tours with and in a couple of years they move to the wild deserted places in the US, live in a motel with their kids, just making music and working, out of the show-business.

Maybe LIE.
    That seems a bit more irrational over rational would you say? I know 2 women who are so like her in their speech it's crazy, one I typed as ILE but maybe I'm wrong. I though she seemed NE dom in the interview, apologised for going off on tangent etc. But definitely not IEE, more grounded and not so quick/jumpy. But I do see these moments of Fe in her, same as in my friend.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure, I'd say there's very little irrationality in her... she was pretty damn sure where to go and what to do. She still is.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Patti Smith - ESTP - Zhukov

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaaaat? Why does everyone type her as a logical type? That doesn't make any sense. Delta NF

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol to add to the clusterfunk, ESI looks possible
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she is ENTp Ne subtype, strenthening her Fi a bit and making her lean to IEE. But she explains her thought process better than IEE, is less emotional about her ideas and jumpy, and just more "articulate", for want of a better word (confident in her ideas and not needing to reach/prove her thoughts).

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI-Ni 5w4 so/sx

I've already cracked all the discernible VI patterns for each type and subtype--End Stop.

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/ili-ni/

Ni/Te converts inner worlds into new modes of thought...in the case of an artistically inclined person, these new modes of thought typically architect new genres, in Smith's case, the fusion of poetry and rock....the architecture of her own unique genre breaks down into...wait for it....new modes of thought.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... I can see that... 'tis funny coz I was looking for the socionics typing for PS and found this. Patti is TeNi in there too, and I was like "yooo I'm the queen of typing I knew it!", then I looked for that reference on the16types, because who's even Rod Novichkov and the other one? Never heard of them before... so I found this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-typing-method lol... that book is extreme anyway, I'm afraid some people round here might have read it, they behave alike...

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

mb ILE

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    My guess based on one interview is ILE
    I had thought that at first too but she really looks like the Filatova LIE type

• NT women and some men tend towards lifelong skinniness
    • In the mentioned interview, she easily talks about global and local shifts, could suggest dynamic
    • Eclectic manner of dress suggests weak, maybe PoLR, Si

Watching a longer interview could firm up scattered impressions

I only like music that screams 'abandoned' (in either sense of the word); otherwise I'd be her biggest fan. Pity she hasn't had a thrash metal phase

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Her lyrics are very -like (but perhaps this is true of a lot of musicians),
    I don't think so; listening to rarefied music one could forget that most lyrics are sort of anodyne. Facile, bled-to-death lyrics aren't type-related, in fact they've formed in a crucible of hostility towards higher-order cognition whose several facets the eight IEs are supposed to represent--good ideas hacked to bits so they'll be digestible by the greatest quantity of people. In fact, to reduce ennui-related suicides in the songwriter profession, rumour has it they're all being written by AI these days.

she seems both introverted and extroverted...?
    Ambiverted could indicate dynamic (dynamic types shift themselves to accommodate either people (Si) or events (Ni))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast