10 62.50%
  • ISFp

5 31.25%
  • IxFp

1 6.25%

Thread: Cross-type?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Default Cross-type?

Could I be IxFp cross-type (cross sensory-intuitive) like tcaudilllg suggested a while back in my "ISFp or INFp" thread?

And what about now, after most of you have heard more from me, ISFp of INFp? I honestly could see myself being ISFp, and I think maybe it would be more apparent if I were more mentally healthy. ??? I'm not sure. Which is why IxFp sounded interesting.

How do you view the future? Do you sometimes worry that things may not unfold in the best way? When worrying about the problems of the future, do you somtimes have to take a step back and remind yourself that things will always be changing, and that you really don't know how htings will be like in a month? A year? Ten years? Does time seem to creep up on you, like you just don't know how to plan properley for things in the distant future?

If you were driving in a car with someone, and you were giving them direction to get some place, and you were pretty sure you knew how to get there, would you feel comfortable in giving them directions (turns, landmarks, etc...) in advance? Or would you wait until could get a good view of your surroundings (finally knowing exactly how to go when you can see it)?
    I do worry about things unfolding badly in the future, but sometimes I just stop and don't care. It sort of goes on and off. Time doesn't seem to creep up on me no.

I'd wait until I could get a good view of my surroundings, but I'd give a general description including certain streets and landmarks they will see later on.

And one more thing, I also wrote this about INFps, and Ishysquishy agreed, does it sound like you?

Quote:
    Ishy, my impression of an INFp is like this. They like to tell you that you are annoying them when they really enjoy it. Like, if someone was to pinch an INFp, or slap their but, they make look cold and say something like, "Stop it!", but you can tell that they really enjoy it. They don't like to admit it to other people that they enjoy these sort of "physical pleasures" because sex and things like that are held very secret to them.

Yes I'd like it, but I don't think I'd pretend not to like it? Sex isn't much of a secret to me either. >_> I enjoy it and if I feel comfortable enough to talk about it I will. Although, I don't HAVE sex or any type of sexual encounters including kissing with just ANYONE.

Umm, being touched by strangers is a big no no. I get VERY uncomfortable, angry even. But my friends, I lurve it. Guys or girls, makes no difference so long as I'm comfortable with them. Butt slaps are fun. Massages are excellennnttt. Hugs are nish I like being tickled but I hate it too , and I enjoy being teased But I also enjoy doing the teasing

I think ISFps tend to be more suggestible and passive than INFps. Both desire attention, but I think ISFps are more open about it (unless they're self-marginalizing at the time), whereas INFps like to get it in more imaginative ways. Both enjoy art, but I think ISFps are more likely to draw or paint while INFps are more likely to be musicians or actors. I think INFps are more elegant while ISFps are more down to earth and attentive. Those are just my observations.
    I'm no good at music. I paint and draw <3. I'm not very elegant at all, or graceful. I'm a terrible dancer and I trip all the time and walk funny. But I'm not very down-to-earth most of the time either =/ I day dream when I'm in a not-so-fun situation, but if I'm in a good situation I'm think I am extremely down-to-earth because I like my surroundings. I am open about getting attention although I do like it when I get it in imaginative ways but that requires a lot of effort.

I think these are pretty good observations. Also, INFps are less susceptible to mood swings than ISFps. But as for being passive -- ISFps are "passive" in the sense that their mood tends to reflect that of their environment, unlike ESFps who try to impose their mood on their environment. But ISFps are not "passive" in the sense of lacking , which they don't. ISFps are far more comfortable about exercising authority over others than INFps.
    I have A LOT of mood swings! But I may have a mood disorder so I'll have to hold out on this one. (Doctors on Monday) MY MOOD TOTALLY REFLECTS MY ENVIRONMENT that sort of what I just said in the last paragraph. I'm weird about excercising authority, I'd prefer to not have to but when I do it its okay.

I think ISFps definitely want harmony and dislike conflict, although they will get into full mode once conflict has started - all the more so since they will be annoyed at the other person who, in their view, spoiled the harmony in the first place.

O_O Yes Harmony ftw!!! Conflict sort of excites me though, even if I don't like it. =/ It's better than being bored I guess >_>

I don't like being ignored most of the time. Sometimes...I get in this really self suffcient mode where it doesn't matter. If I get attention I freaking love it but if I don't Im extremely content with being with myself. Like I said...I may have a mood disorder of some sort so this is sort of hard to figure out.

K...well, thats about it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

No I am IxFp!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think you were ISFp, but after getting to know you better, and especially after our conversation last night, I totally believe you're INFp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I used to think you were ISFp, but after getting to know you better, and especially after our conversation last night, I totally believe you're INFp.

lol

Creepy-

You seem IEI to me, but I'm not entirely closed to the idea of you being SEI.

How are you at looking after your health?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you sometimes take your aggression out on someone or something that didn't deserve it? Like, if you were annoyed or frustrated with something back there, but you finally "let it out" later?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Do you sometimes take your aggression out on someone or something that didn't deserve it? Like, if you were annoyed or frustrated with something back there, but you finally "let it out" later?

I let out my aggression by wrestling with boys in a non-sexual way. Or, I will verbally abuse people in a way that makes it look like I'm kidding. I'm just getting all the curse words and negativity out. It probably also comes out during sexual activities. >_>

How are you at looking after your health?
    Umm, *shrugs* I don't get sick very often, and I try to maintain a healthy weight. I take vitamins when they are available, but sometimes I don't feel like taking them and skip a week or so. I'm pretty clean body wise, lol. (my room is messy, check out the workspace thread to see what my computer area looks like lol)

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting that although no one (before me) has voted for the IxFp choice, the other two sides are cut down the middle, with equal votes for INFP and ISFP.

Since realizing the existence of crosstype, it has occured to me that different lines of thought must exist to describe the remaining differences between people. Furthermore, the relationships of well developed/individuated 2nd functions with the first functions bears some need for further analysis and appraisal. When the 2nd function is capable of consciousness (after the archetypal "shadow" phase is completed; e.g., the battle within oneself) then it can assist the 1st function by deducing the subjective intentions of others. (if not their actual thoughts) This realization enables three forms of either external (if the 2nd function is extroversion) or internal (if the 2nd function is introversion) affirmation: positive, neutral, and negative. These appear to correspond to perceptions of alignment, even beyond appearances of similar values between people. Even thought people may have similar values, if they are of differing alignment then they will perceive each other's perceptions of those values as either neutral to their own interpretation (if the alignments are neutral to each other) or harmful. (if the alignments are negative to each other)

This is what it means to have a -very- well developed 2nd function: you can look to others for affirmation of your thoughts and opinions, and consciously look for support amongst people of your own alignment. (and protect yourself from people of the neutral and negative alignments) I'm actually thinking there must be real research being done on this in socionics right now.... What I'm communicating here, are that there are lines of intuition, -gut- feelings that are shared between everyone of similar alignments. Transcending the alignment barrier is extremely exhausting and very pricey, it appears....

But in reference to this thread, the point I want to make is this: that aurora_faerie and Joy are of neutral alignment to me, and that's why they can't read into everything I'm saying about crosstypes. If someone of their own alignment were to identify the existence of crosstypes, then they would agree with it. Ditto for the "other side". (the negative, or shadow, of my view)

How does one go about proving a point that is independent of alignment? Of context?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Yes the way you explain cross-typing isn't very clear to me but I sort of get the jist of it. Actually, most of socionics is sort of blurry to me, I only have jists of things. When I want to understand something more I ask someone like Joy or discojoe and they normally are able to explain it to me in ways I can grasp easily. discojoe does it better, but that may just have to do with how he knows me better and how I think. Who knows.

Uhm, I don't feel like any of my functions are very developed at all. I am pretty confused because I will relate to ISFp for a while then I change moods or something and I relate to INFp all the way.

*shrugs*

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Despite all my votes for INFp...........I'm still thinking IxFp.............-_-

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just want to be a cross-type because they're really, really rare and you want to feel extra-special. Admit it!
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

I'm a cross type!

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    You just want to be a cross-type because they're really, really rare and you want to feel extra-special. Admit it!

i didnt know they were rare

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone

i didnt know they were rare
    I'd like to think they are! My xxFx friend disagrees...

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all just here because we're messed up.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-pokeball

...and the SJs are out to get us.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    We're all just here because we're messed up.

::nods::