View Poll Results: what is the type of Stephen Colbert?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 22.22%
  • LII (INTj)

1 11.11%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

2 22.22%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 11.11%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

1 11.11%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

3 33.33%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stephen Colbert

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No. Not a confirmation. Honestly EII are not apt for that kind of a show. We can't speak like that. He seems extravert. I can't listen to any of his works so I can't tell for sure. Khrushchev INFP can be any type in socionics. There's no even conversion
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You don't think I'm EII? I don't disagree with some of your points
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE final typing
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I watched10 seconds of the video and finalized the type. Ej temperament in fluidity with certain order is clear. Watch his hand gesture as he says "we chop wood all day long" that's dynamic talking so you can ex out all thestatic types. Caregiver Fe wants his kids to think of him as a sincere man. I have a fever so I cant go into it more.
    -

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE is not a bad typing. Reminds me of Danny Tanner. Certainly not intuitive imo.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    Colbert apparently talked about the MBTI on his show recently and scored as an INFP when he took it. So he's a
    Socionics INFj if he typed himself correctly.

http://flavorwire.com/540287/stephen...rsonality-type
    If the MBTI test scores as "Judging" versus "Perceiving" rather than in terms of functions, I don't see how your type conversion works.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm the only one who thinks he's LIE

Between him and Jon Stewart:

Stephen Colbert is the straight-laced NT nerd (Tek Jansen, etc.) who employs a high level of personal organization. With a lot of goofy energy, yes... but IMO the high, purposely directed energy just solidifies the EJ typing.

Jon Stewart is the scatter-brained, oafish EP type.

EDIT:

I just saw this picture attached to the LIE description at socionics.com

entj.gif

LIEs can be goofier than people give them credit for.
    Last edited by xerx; 10-02-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Creepy-bg

types of his sketch/improv buddies amy sedarais and paul dinello?

also,

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A huge number of people I know are INFPs in MBTI, and socionically speaking they range from ESTp to ISTj to ENTp and ENFj and INFj and beyond. Often my friends are free thinkers, heavily into the arts and literature, and that seems to be enough to make them MBTI INFp types.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    If the MBTI test scores as "Judging" versus "Perceiving" rather than in terms of functions, I don't see how your type conversion works.
    It works on the basis that the MBTI considers INFP to be Fi-Ne. Socionics would consider that to be INFj.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Delta.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncivilized View Post
    It works on the basis that the MBTI considers INFP to be Fi-Ne. Socionics would consider that to be INFj.
    MBTI tests measure dichotomies I vs. E, S vs. N, T vs. F and J vs P. Judging and Perceiving are defined the same in both systems, and so are the temperaments. Functions are defined somehow differently, so you get a strange mixed type descriptions. Tests are not always reliable, since this person is clearly not IEI or EII. You cannot simply convert types from one system to another, either follow ("believe") MBTI or follow socionics, cause both are not correct at the same time, there are a bunch of contradictions - probably from (mis)interpreting Jung in two different ways.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE make eye contact in speech and they are not as animate or loud.
    -

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Hahaha wtf. That one of the last things I'd label him as. He seems far too out there for the shy, awkward, grumpy, mystical INFP deer creatures.

I always thought he was SEE or something.
    Ikr? I thought maybe he was poking fun, but with a screen showing INFP: sensitive, loyal, creative, and what not, it doesn't really make a good joke.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's IEI actually! He loves Beta NF music.. It's just his persona he's putting on..

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think he's rational and introverted but LII-Ne subtype.

LII's can be pretty goofy and gregarious, more so than ILEs. ILE are more attention seeking vs gregarious and when you really get to know them you see that they're very deliberate people(fitting their causal deterministic cognitive style).

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Mu on this. I think he is definitely LII. He really reminds me quite a bit of Bill Nye, and it's interesting how his real personality has come out on his late night show. His humor and style seems a lot closer to Conan O'brien (ILE) than any of the other hosts of late nights.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Very characteristic of Ne HA humor. Extracts seemingly obvious from external but you can not deny impressively creative Si (very wealthy data bank of sensory experiences). It has absolutely no Ni. Just point me the jokes where time aspects comes to surface.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I cracked up at this: You are so tune in what you really are... and people love you because of that. Totally off the the mark. Even I can tell you that. INFP... MBTI testing in these days is not even BS it is worse. But we love it because of that.

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is chameleonic and enigmatic, great at changing how he comes across to others in a way that feels believable. However it is difficult to find out much about the real person and their own positions from his shows. Instead, he becomes what he needs to be to suit his show, being disagreeable as part of a character, or else seeming to be entirely on the side of the person he is interviewing. At the same time, he seems entirely aware of the act he puts on. His humour is often deliberately rude or faux-aggressive, and he knows how far he can go with his act without ever going too far for a guest.

I feel this points well to IEI.
    Founder & President of World Socionics Society
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/worldsocionicssociety

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Colbert - ESFP - Napoleon

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's really all over the place, which speaks to VS cognition. Fe valuing and probably an extravert, so ESE. Fe valuing because he supports positive emotional environments - he mentioned how when he was young, all he wanted to do was make his mom laugh. Si valuing in that the things he really enjoys tend to have a homebody quality, such as D&D.

Jon Stewart is probably an Alpha NT, which explains why their friendship has lasted so long despite the transience of their professional lives.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen Colbert - contact LSE

John Oliver (EII) has appeared on his show numerous times. Delta rational dyad

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably ENFp or ESFp. He's not rational.
    Probably ESFp. He's Fi for sure.

My reasoning is he's solidly explaining my reasoning for making an out of character emotional post about this mail in crap.

But yeah, he's currently asking Republicans to stop Trump from running the mail in crap, and to dump Trump and going ham in this video. Yeah it's nice, but what will it do?
    https://youtu.be/TeSiJmLoJd0

I'm watching this. It's good.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123