Thread: Socionics explanation for Freudian psychoanalysis?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics explanation for Freudian psychoanalysis?

At some point in my past I went through Freudian psychoanalysis sessions, and they were an almost total waste of time. The therapist's questions and very occasional analyses were almost always either obvious, or irrelevant, or simply wrong.

Yet, to this day I still hear from people who recommend it, after having experienced it. Which baffled me.

I then realized that the two people I personally knew who were keen on psychoanalysis were ESFj. Who, as I know, need to relate events for their dual INTj to analyse.

Can it be that this is what's behind Freudian psychoanalysis -- the therapist works as a sort of "dual" for types with weak , most obviously ESFjs and ENFjs, but perhaps also ENFps, ESFps, ISFjs, INFjs?

In a very simplistic interpretation, the origin of Freudian psychoanalysis is the low number of INTjs in relation to ESFjs?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I buy this, to some extent. I've always been able to effectively psychoanalyze myself, and my therapists often find it confusing when I come to them, sometimes already self-diagnosed, and always confident about what my problem is, looking to them only for solutions. I find that the Freudian psycholoanalysts I've been party to were never able to tell me anything that I hadn't already thought of.

Besides, I don't believe in identifying people by their neuroses. I think Jung's work comes much closer to successfully mapping the human psyche.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend constantly accuses me of taking the psychoanalytical approach to people. I don't really know what he means when he says that. I never studied it, and barely even made it through the first few pages of a general summary of it.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionics explanation for Freudian psychoanalysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    In a very simplistic interpretation, the origin of Freudian psychoanalysis is the low number of INTjs in relation to ESFjs?
    Is this a question or a statement?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Expat: So, are you saying that there several duals for one type. That makes a lot of sense to me rather just being limited to one person. Some types get along and others just want to kill eachother. A lot of the types are in the middle with negative and positive outcomes, but even duals will have some negatives of course or it won't work out.

This thread makes me wonder if it is possible to discuss Jung's theory on a session. Also, to debate the psychologist on matters and explain your theories and what you interpreted based on your knowledge.

I'll probably ask the psychologist what his type is.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Socionics explanation for Freudian psychoanalysis?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Is this a question or a statement?
    It is a suggestion. I don't mean INTjs and ESFjs only, as I mentioned in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    @Expat: So, are you saying that there several duals for one type. That makes a lot of sense to me rather just being limited to one person
    That is not what I'm saying at all. I used INTj/ESFj as the best example, but I mean duality where and perhaps also is concerned.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    My friend constantly accuses me of taking the psychoanalytical approach to people. I don't really know what he means when he says that. I never studied it, and barely even made it through the first few pages of a general summary of it.
    anndelise, I think that's related more to your Ne - maybe in conjunction with Fi - the ability to see right trough people. INFps also do that, in their case Ni with Fe

i have been coming across freud as of late. i like d. l. smith's analysis in particular. looks like if we don't only use freud for micro/individual/personal analysis , he exposes interesting concepts for capturing zeitgeist elements and whatnot #unsure #loveshomunculism #spring2016