Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imogen Heap

I say

5w4 sx/sp

Si ISFp

(she reminds me of bjork in style)

quotes:

I do really silly dancing. I love dancing, but I'm not cool when I dance. It's not about my moves, it's not about how cool I am, it's not about how slick I look on the dance floor, it's about having a great time.

It's been so amazing. I've always struggled with this barrier that I felt like I'd had up until blogging came along. Just one comment from somebody really sparks something in me. It doesn't need to be this huge war between me and the listeners anymore. I really thrive on that.

I'm interested in creating a little sound world for songs, really crafting it, building it, and making it like a little doll's house with little things inside it, staircases and rooms and everything kind of relates to everything else. I've never seen it as drums, bass, guitar and vocals in very separate spaces.

Everything stems from real experiences but I do also have a very vivid imagination. A song lyric gets easily carried away with itself and can end up somewhere I'd never have predicted.

I feel like I've grown up a bit. I'm a bit more confident, and I've been reading more, and I've had a little more time to myself. I went on this writing trip to gather my thoughts about where and who I am in this world, and why we're all here.

I just love crafting and shaping sounds. Actually, many of the sounds that I work with start off as organic instruments - guitar, piano, clarinet, etc. But I do love the rigidity of electronic drums.

My biggest asset is not cash - it's a large, growing, devout fanbase.

So many venues are owned by these various different ticketing and promoting people, and they're all in bed with one another. It's no secret over here.
    Last edited by silke; 07-14-2015 at 02:35 AM. Reason: updated links
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been a fan of hers for a while and I think you're probably right!

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought EII, although she does talk in an awful lot of symbolism.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Imogen Heap

what type do you think she is? I'm going to say LII.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm idk.

I originally thought Si ISFp, or maybe even INFp, but someone brought up that she might be Delta.

I think she's irrational though and probably Ip. ISXp for now.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's very reasonable to say she's in an / quadra.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Pretend like it's the weekend Banana Pancakes's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think XII. Her music is very Si valuing and pleasant but it feels like it's barely there. Not enough Fe to really get me pumped.
    ILE-Ti
    6w7 sx/sp (low level of confidence)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I "follow" her on Twitter and she seems soooo Ne to me. But she also looks EXACTLY like my LII friend.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blatant SEI. There is another thread about this somewhere.
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think IEE, or ILE. she's definitely a type with Ne.
    asd

Creepy-male

She's as untypable as me. Jeez.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae View Post
    ILI 5w4

look at the content of the lyrics
    Skipping beats, flashing jeeps
    I am struggling
    Daydreaming, been sitting, the corner cafe
    And I'm left in bits, recovered tectonic, trembling
    You get me everytime

Why'd you have to be so cute
    It's impossible to ignore you
    Must you make me laugh so much
    It's bad enough we get along so well
    Say goodnight and go
    Yeah, I can definitely see an ILI saying this.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

SEI makes sense
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Introvert sounds right.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

she seems IEE>SEI but Idk

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi

adding in: sp/so
    Last edited by silke; 07-14-2015 at 01:25 AM.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-Fi but I'm open to other types for her, especially SEI and IEI and EII. She talks a lot about failed or failing relationships in her music, which would be more IEE-Fi. But she's pretty gentle and beautiful and professional and apple-shaped and the quality of her music is so high and she seems to make such good usage of Ti and is so good with sequencing; so IEE doesn't fit well. However, her writing style is somewhat similar to the writing style of someone who typed themselves IEE-Fi and her movements are pretty sharp like those typical of an IEE. And she seems to value Si but then many IEI can give the impression that they value Si over Se (IEI-Ni are often foodies and love colors and art and novelty and require and enjoy a lot of leisure, it's almost like many IEI value Si, Ne, Ni, and Se equally, although silke's avatar doesn't make him look like he has great Si).

Before I started learning about socionics, I used to think she was an ENTP (as I thought Jefferson was and still do and that he was an ILE-Ti), the MBTI is a much more difficult, less well-organized, and less stable system so I came up with really retarded typings that changed all the time for some people, although I still thought ENTPs were the most feminine type (ever since I was young, ENTPs and ESTPs were the types I was most sexually and physically attracted to and emotionally I guess, and to some INFPs and ENFJs, but not attracted to nor pursuing INFPs and ENFJs like I tried to establish physical relations with type 8 sx/so ENTPs and ESTPs) and that and me being unhappy with my excessive masculinity were parts of why I had tricked myself into thinking I was one for quite sometime; then I really concluded I was an idiot and realized I'm not an ENTP.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had some major doubts about IEE. She's an SEI. I'm listening to Details, and she couldn't be an IEE (as I understand type IEE). Both the lyrics and quality of Psychobabble indicate IEE is very unlikely. And IEE's aren't capable of sustaining their attention on making that high quality of work, at least not to the level that SEIs are. I'd say she's an ILE-Ti before IEE (I had thought she was an ENTP, as per one of the mental models I had of that type, under MBTI). She seems more Ti-HA (to understand) than Te-HA (to know).

She's one of my very favorite musicians, both the way she and her music sound and well, she's a truly amazing, intelligent, original, creative, beautiful lady.

BTW, sorry I'm such a pervert; I mean no harm.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta extrovert

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's not super easy for me to choose between IEE or SEI (simply because Ne/Si valuing is crystal clear, and she definitely seems to value Ti over Te, and Fi vs Fe is difficult to figure out, but she seems slightly more Fe-valuing than Fi-valuing; I really don't know how SEIs do relationships, she's mentioned a lot of problems which would seem IEE but I don't know if SEI are similar... some of her visual work, earrings, photos, album artwork isn't anywhere near quite as high quality/beautiful/great as all of her music is, but then some of her dressing is great).

I've never really doubted anyone's type like her's; still, I'm leaning 75% SEI/25% IEE.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She is SEI, no way is she IEE.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She and Marilyn Manson are my favorite musicians.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE just aren't as good with systems as she is and never anywhere near that original. IEE are generally pretty traditional, conformist, predictable, and unimaginative; Imogen Heap is the opposite of all of those.

I don't think an IEE could ever create an original song that actually sounded great, so I feel like an idiot for ever being open to that she might be an IEE-Fi.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've changed my typing for one of my favorite musicians back to IEE-Fi. That's because 1) she has some aggressor romantic vibes (listen to psychobabble in Frou Frou Details or research the lyrics and she made a video where she said she got rid of boyfriend), she's not a caregiver, and she's not infantile (the Fi subtype is more aggressor) and 2) the Fi subtype is better coordinated, more original, has a darker vibe less stereotypical "Delta harmless" vibe, and 3) she and the Fi subtype actually is good with technology and machines, can work through physical systems and reality well and can navigate well through theories unlike the Ne subtype. 4) SEI doesn't really fit, I think she's more Ne base and Fi valuing because she talks about her relationships a lot and a lot of her relationships are about what she wants which would indicate aggressor. 5) she's aggressive sometimes more like an IEE would be than SEI would be and she has been pretty assertive, she's quick to go after what she wants. 6) she cites a lot of other musicians as influences, that's more of an Fi thing than Fe thing. 7) she doesn't need much help coming to conclusions that's an IEE-Fi thing more than an SEI thing. 8) Delta NF Fi subtypes can mimic and work with the other 3 quadras well.

She definitely seems to favor Ne more than Ni, so IEI is a bad typing for her, she's definitely not a victim in romantic style. She's not an EII, she asks for and gets what she wants out of many people which is an IEE-Fi thing. Isn't critical or judgmental like an EII and she had several boyfriends before she got married. She has the Ep temperament femininity (well, specifically, the ILE-Ti, SLE-Ti, SEE-Se, and IEE-Fi femininity, the other Ep subtypes aren't as physically energetic or as random or as good at manipulating or as fast w/o missing details).

The poor spatial logic, poor coordination, gruffness, moralism, collectivist mindset, traditionalism, being a know it all, poor anger control, assuming everything, and poor visual perception is pretty much limited to the IEE-Ne subtype. But most IEE are the Ne subtype, just like most LSI are the Ti subtype (even though I've met and observed many, many Se subs but haven't known any Ti subs personally) and most ESI (at least among whites and northeast asians) are the Se subtype and most ILE are the Ti subtype (Ne sub is rare, although they seem even rarer to me because of where I've been and they don't catch my eye as easily as the Ti subtype, Ne subtype doesn't have the flair for drama or mental and physical quickness that i enjoy that excites me that the Ti subtype exhibits).
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-H. Reinventing and creating “normal sounds” and making it into music (Ne). Her values (Fi) is rooted in seeking Si. She takes the impressions of the sounds of her childhood home and creates it as a way for her to express (Fe) her inner feelings (Fi).

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-C in this.

I prefer her Frou Frou stuff because it sounds more “normal” but this one is very compelling.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    IEE-C in this.

I prefer her Frou Frou stuff because it sounds more “normal” but this one is very compelling.
    damn.. thats effing cool! Her place/house is kinda interesting as well. Not my kind of music tho.
    Last edited by SGF; 02-03-2021 at 09:36 AM.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She’s really brilliant! I don’t like Ne, but that’s because it’s childish and fragmented but when it’s harnessed in a constructive manner where it tries to gain balance from Si development, Ne is responsible for most of the world’s innovation and create some of the most amazing sensory impressions. I like mainly Si sort of music, because it sets a relaxing state and I’m naturally excitable so having harmonic, mellow music is more desirable. Of course, it’s not necessarily what everyone wants but very unique sounds.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
    She’s really brilliant! I don’t like Ne, but that’s because it’s childish and fragmented but when it’s harnessed in a constructive manner where it tries to gain balance from Si development, Ne is responsible for most of the world’s innovation and create some of the most amazing sensory impressions. I like mainly Si sort of music, because it sets a relaxing state and I’m naturally excitable so having harmonic, mellow music is more desirable. Of course, it’s not necessarily what everyone wants but very unique sounds.
    its the other way around for me I'm naturally way too chill and I need excitement and stimulation. When I get bored and fall into a routine I feel like I'm stuck and get depressed lol. Always need external excitement to shake stuff up. Chill Si music is too boring.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    its the other way around for me I'm naturally way too chill and I need excitement and stimulation. When I get bored and fall into a routine I feel like I'm stuck and get depressed lol. Always need external excitement to shake stuff up. Chill Si music is too boring.
    I get more people coming from that POV than mine. They need to get injected with something to stir them up. I like some of the most very Fe music... like disco and Nu-disco because I like to dance as a form of exercise. Si music definitely isn’t something to dance to or really do much except unwind in bubble bath and chill.

Likes being asked questions Relina's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Ne 7w6 sx/sp 748
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody else thought ESI/ISFj? Something about her struck me as a conflictor. What tips do you guys recommend for someone new to VI?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think she’s SLI sx-first.

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-IEE or C-EIE
    She has these typical Ne-Fe eye expressions but seems more intense than most IEEs and more chaotic than most EIEs.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The reason I said she might be SLI is because I see very strong Si in the way she moves. Si types exhibit a graceful, gently deliberate way of moving their bodies, as opposed to Se types, who seem to want to beat the hell out of the world.

Now, 4D Si can be found in types SLI, SEI, ESI and LSI, and of of those types, I don't see the Ti logic of LSIs, nor the strong Fi of ESIs, and she doesn't activate my "Conflictor Warning" system, so that leaves SLI.

I will admit, she seems to be projecting sex signals about 1000X more than any SLI that I've ever seen before, but I've probably never met an SLI sx-first, either.

So the sex projection is an anomaly, but apart from that, she seems to fit my idea of an SLI most closely.

*EDIT*
    I watched another video of her and she seems Delta as hell. I could see why some people think she's IEE, but she's an introvert and I prefer to think that she's channeling a Dual because.........problems. Unmet needs, her primary functions weren't working for her, etc.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She’s like the deltiest delta ever. Also introverted.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    The reason I said she might be SLI is because I see very strong Si in the way she moves. Si types exhibit a graceful, gently deliberate way of moving their bodies, as opposed to Se types, who seem to want to beat the hell out of the world.

Now, 4D Si can be found in types SLI, SEI, ESI and LSI, and of of those types, I don't see the Ti logic of LSIs, nor the strong Fi of ESIs, and she doesn't activate my "Conflictor Warning" system, so that leaves SLI.

I will admit, she seems to be projecting sex signals about 1000X more than any SLI that I've ever seen before, but I've probably never met an SLI sx-first, either.

So the sex projection is an anomaly, but apart from that, she seems to fit my idea of an SLI most closely.

*EDIT*
    I watched another video of her and she seems Delta as hell. I could see why some people think she's IEE, but she's an introvert and I prefer to think that she's channeling a Dual because.........problems. Unmet needs, her primary functions weren't working for her, etc.
    I think she's sexy, but what sex signals does project? What do you mean by sex signals?

Anyway, I still go with my typing of IEE-Fi for her. They tend to be good with technology (better than the intuitive subtype) and very unpredictable and emotionally hurt (more than the intuitive subtype). The IEE-Ne isn't as random or constantly going into new things like the IEE-Fi does. Same with ILE-Ne and ILE-Ti, ILE-Ti is much more unpredictable varied in what they do and say, which is good IMO.

Anyone who has seen her reddit posts and knows what IEE-Ne are like knows she's also more pleasant, more open/polite to all strangers than the Ne subtype is. The Fi subtype isn't as judgmental, just like the LSI-Se is more open-minded and less judgmental than the Ti subtype.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me, it's between IEE-Fi and SLI-Si. SLI was mentioned, and I'm open to that but she'd be the Si subtype. Si subtype is often soft spoken. I've often wondered whether she could be an ethical type though, especially an IEE, because she's so good with technology and is good at sequencing (actually sometimes she gets really incoherent, but not in her music).

In her first album, she was actually quite angry. IME, Deltas tend to be the most reactive, least emotionally self-controlled and often vengeful... they seem the most violent IMO. I'm not saying they're bad, and LSIs are Beta and some LSIs lack self-control, but anyway...