Thread: poor at generalizing, is this an INTj trait?

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are these INTj traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    Do you think this suits INTJs :

Suspiciousness, ideas of reference, illusions; "cognitive slippage," a disturbing sense of discontinuity with respect to time and person; tendency to misinterpret: reacts to symbols, to possible meanings, rather than facts; poor at generalizing from one situation to another analogous one; concreteness, and humorlessness; conviction of unlikeablity (Stone, pp. 2719, 2221, 2725, 2726).
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are these INTj traits?

Suspiciousness, ideas of reference, illusions; "cognitive slippage," a disturbing sense of discontinuity with respect to time and person; tendency to misinterpret: reacts to symbols, to possible meanings, rather than facts; poor at generalizing from one situation to another analogous one; concreteness, and humorlessness; conviction of unlikeablity (Stone, pp. 2719, 2221, 2725, 2726).
    Lots of question...
    Suspicious?! what do you mean? I don't think that the government is a huge conspiracy or anything... I don't believe most of the things I hear, but the word "Suspiciousness" can be interpreted in a hundred different ways... Horoscope is usually more accurate.
    ideas of reference - I have no idea what you meant here. I asked a English language student who usually has the answer... She had about 5 before I stopped her. "Depends on the context, elaborate please," she said.

/---/
    I looked up "cognitive slippage". I found where you got the text from. http://www.ptypes.com/schizotypalpd.html Now it makes more sense. No, I don't think the description fits me. Even despite the fact that I might feel kinda like this when I feel really bad (bordering depression).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you. Do you like to travel a lot in different coutries, cultures, etc?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like to travel. I always over-pack. Otherwise I will miss something that I would have at home (body lotion or a mirror or...)

But I do interact with people from different countries, cultures, subcultures... I have always been the person who knows someone "interesting". I love to find out more about them. I used to write with some people from the other side of the world, but lately I fill that need by coming to this forum. Enough culture for me.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are these INTj traits?

it depends on your definition of suspicious. as i tend to be rather observant of things, have an intuition about something, and see patterns and trends well - then yeah, i can see if something is out of place or not. then speculate what it can be.

illusions are a state of mind - i see places i've never been too, and experience emotion with people i create - but they aren't illusions. or are you talking about pulling a rabbit from my hat?

i'll have my hypnagogic moments from time to time, so i guess i could be out of reality from time to time. but it also depends on the noise level in the room.

again, misinterpret is also a frame of mind. where some people understand what was said, i read the face, hear the voice inflection, compare to how they usually speak, and from there listen to what they said. i would then interpret it in my own way.

facts can be irrelvant. just because there are no cars crossing the road, doesn't mean you shouldn't look both ways before you cross. you only see facts. i don't know for a fact that it will snow. but based on patterns from past years - that around this time of year it in fact snows. so by using that formula, i will get the shovel, salt, etc, now when it's nice - instead of right before the storm - like the fact seekers do.

i'm a quick study, i understand things pretty well. it might take just a touch longer, however i tend to know things better than others in the same amount of time. however when it comes to people - it's the opposite.

humorless - no. as i can use puns, or other plays on words. funny examples, comparisons, observations, etc. i joke all the time. i however don't find the usually things funny, and i won't laugh if it's not funny. so from their point of view, i'm humourless. more so i don't smile much, and people simply assume that if you don't smile, your not fun. and my funny is often vulger to other people. and yet other people have a tendency to explain to me that they were only joking with me when they say something so obviously stupid.

unlikable - maybe. i assume people don't like me, mostly because i don't really like them. it may simply be something from childhood. where even people that called you a friend turned out to be someone against you later on. i also tend to upset people to gauge who they really are. too many hide behind false masks - i like to see the real them. so i usually poke until bitten, just to see who they really are. i don't hang out with anyone - and can appear well, i guess aloof. personally if i have no reason for being there, i won't be there. unless pushed to do so, and even then i'm reluctant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd like to travel. anything cute and photogenic - italy, france, greece, germany, new zealand, ireland, scottland, etc - all the back roads and suburbs. nothing in the city.

but i hate air planes, and i wouldn't do it alone. so i guess i'll have to wait for someone special, before going somewhere.