Thread: ISTp-ENFp duality bad experiences

Hybrid View

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    And the reverse for SLIs, then?
    Well, fwiw I say sometimes not always. It depends on the individuals outlook also, I suppose that with what one person views as a strength, another views as a weakness. Confidence and such things, ability to use ones talents.
    I've tapped my inner 9 and meditated away the need to respond with anger to most things (read: entered the unhealthy levels of dissociation), but I agree with being needlessly physical in the past.
    Your inner 9? Is that an enneagram thing you refer to?

Being needlessly physical: maybe you should re-visit it once or twice for old times sake Na seriously, glad to hear you're in a better place if that's what or where you wanna be.(lol, when i'm saying that i'm tending to think of the physical places I want to be rather than spiritual, existential or life places for some reason atm).

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    well but ENFp guy also felt extremely bad after he beat guys up, very guilty. But he felt he had to.
    Yeah I agree this ENFp guy I knew would get angry pretty easily, so I suppose we're in the line of what's a type and what's an anger management issue. But I do think he would get angry at least in part from being related to ENFp. Like you say though about the guilt thing, he would get really guilty about it and spend a long time looking to apologise and find peace in himself. I used to tell him that he was getting angry over nothing and that it was only doing himself some harm. I think he also felt insecure about being an F type and a male, at least in part because his family were all T types, which was silly really I think.

So I suppose typical gender stereotypes can have it's affect on some people, like a female ISTp may think that they should somehow be able to understand emotions more, at least emotions through the lens of some F function.

But really, there's been times in the past when I've thought to myself that I wish I could understand the intricicies of some emotive situation better (work politics sometimes in the past for instance), and also that I would find that Fe atmospheres not being so difficult to deal with at times.

It's life and all that though..and what am I talking about again? lol

Maybe it's just about maximising ones own talents, like I mentioned earlier, what seems like a weakness to one is a strength to another, depending how it's used or a persons own personal take on it-whether positive or otherwise and such.
    It could be tough to be a guy ENFp, but then again they are usually really good w/ girls and have a lot of friends, so could be worse...a lot of them seem to be somewhat crafty lawyers or IT consultants. But then again, I guess the little mermaid was ENFp. I can definitely identify with that. Not sure if the guys can. But maybe Flounder was also ENFp and I think he was a guy.
    Yeah exactly. I should say that I don't think i've ever met an ENFp i've flat out disliked though, maybe I was a little strong with my dickhead wording earlier haha.

SSmall on the forum is one of many cool ENFp males, I think he's pretty much how you describe them with lots of interest from opposite sex and many friends and a cool job traveling to different places.

Re the little mermaid, haven't really thought about those typings. I should have a think and come back to it!

Creepy-male

*threadjack*

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Your inner 9? Is that an enneagram thing you refer to?

Being needlessly physical: maybe you should re-visit it once or twice for old times sake Na seriously, glad to hear you're in a better place if that's what or where you wanna be.(lol, when i'm saying that i'm tending to think of the physical places I want to be rather than spiritual, existential or life places for some reason atm).
    I'd love to, but I seem to have been cut off from my emotions somehow. Who knows \:

(And yes, enneagram. I blame everything on the enneagram )

I think he also felt insecure about being an F type and a male, at least in part because his family were all T types, which was silly really I think.
    Actually, come to think of it, I've seen this a bit in ESEs. I'll look into it!

So I suppose typical gender stereotypes can have it's affect on some people, like a female ISTp may think that they should somehow be able to understand emotions more, at least emotions through the lens of some F function.
    That's why Socionics and -leadings exist o;

I mean, it's not like we have a real purpose or anything.

But really, there's been times in the past when I've thought to myself that I wish that I would find that Fe atmospheres not being so difficult to deal with at times.
    Because you have to deal with them?

Maybe it's just about maximising ones own talents, like I mentioned earlier, what seems like a weakness to one is a strength to another, depending how it's used or a persons own personal take on it-whether positive or otherwise and such.
    Someone's been reading The Socionist again

Yeah exactly. I should say that I don't think i've ever met an ENFp i've flat out disliked though, maybe I was a little strong with my dickhead wording earlier haha.
    Wait, you don't dislike me?

Goddamnit.

Re the little mermaid, haven't really thought about those typings. I should have a think and come back to it!
    Good luck!

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Gulanzon View Post
    *threadjack*

I'd love to, but I seem to have been cut off from my emotions somehow. Who knows \:
    Meaning in general or are you alluding to being a logical type in socionics?
    (And yes, enneagram. I blame everything on the enneagram )
    Haha. There's always a scapegoat.

Actually, come to think of it, I've seen this a bit in ESEs. I'll look into it!
    What did you find?!

That's why Socionics and -leadings exist o;

I mean, it's not like we have a real purpose or anything.
    Exist to serve me do you mean? Well if that's the case, there's a lot of Ne dominant slackers around where I am.

Because you have to deal with them?
    Yes. Primarily for work situations. Some people i've dated in the past have been Fe egos. The second one can be fixed of course by not or by stopping dating them. I rarely find things to be quite as easy as black and white though, at least as far as that's concerned.

Someone's been reading The Socionist again
    Haven't read it in months. It's possible Rick has alluded to something similar though.

Wait, you don't dislike me?

Goddamnit.
    Would you like me to dislike you?

Question for you: what would be worse for you; being disliked, being liked or someone or some people having no opinion of you what so ever?

Good luck!
    Thank you. How kind hehe.