TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sleep / lack there of - and how it affects personality outpu

t

I'm noticing that certain aspects of my personality are very dependent on how much sleep I've gotten, or at least the shift in them in regards to my level of sleep

If anyone has similar experiences or thoughts on this, I'd like to hear them.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to life.
    asd

Creepy-pokeball

Adequate sleep usually means a more suitable mood and less irritability.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I haven't got enough sleep I'm annoying and cranky all day My mood is directly dependent on the amount of sleep I get...some other types/people can handle sleep deprivation better I've noticed.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I don't get enough sleep I'm...sleepy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If I don't get any sleep, I become extremely annoying to those around me and even myself. Irritability is the right word...
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-

If I don't get enough sleep I tend to be extremely hyper and/or irritable. That's pretty much it.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    If I don't get enough sleep I tend to be extremely hyper and/or irritable. That's pretty much it.
    Ditto.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I'm tired out only my first two functions are working... but I don't get any of their good sides, only the negative stuff and the drawbacks. Same thing if I'm depressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm sleepy, I get much more outgoing. I also get very silly and laugh at stupid things. I was exhausted a meeting at work and they kept talking about the "hook" for a new marketing campaign and there were "captains" for the committees and I kept picturing captain hook and trying not to giggle. Then I told my co-worker, who also started almost laughing (he was also tired). I'm actually sleepy right now, otherwise none of this would be funny to me at all. If you've laughed at any of this, you're probably very, very tired.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I don't get enough sleep, I find it harder to talk to people very much, so I tend to stay away from conversations and just keep things short or just smile or something. When I get enough sleep again I become more talkative and cheerful
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I'm sleepy, I lose all my remaining Se. With as little as I already have, I end up looking much like a drunk. I swear, I bump into every single thing I possibly can and still keep to the laws of physics. My subconscious seems to go out of its way to find things for me to bump against, and then, when there are no more left, conjure them up psychokinetically.
    My body's thermostat goes out of function, and poor me needs enough clothes to look like a snowball in order to keep slightly warm-ish.
    I lose some of my self-control, and start actually voicing my gripes. And there are many of them. I usually supress them, but not when I'm sleepy.
    After a while, my eyes refuse to stay open. I have to remain on constant vigilance, lest they sneak shut on me.
    The musculature in my back eventually decides that it's a time of famine, and shuts down in order to preserve energy.
    My head decides that it would be wicked fun to have my two brain hemispheres have a kickboxing match.
    I start rambling. Which confuses people, since they get silent when they're tired. Not me. It's when I babble on that it's time to go to bed.
    Finally, I collapse in a hysterical fit of laughing over everything that happens and, presumably, fall asleep right where I lay.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The level of sleep doesn't affect my mood in general, but there could arise changes in behavior. I could be more friendly, feel good about myself and even initiate contact with people (which I don't normally do), but I can also be slow and cranky, avoiding communication etc... My mood varies regardless of how much sleep I get anyways.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.