Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enneagram Tritypes - what's your tritype?

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yay, I made my first constructive post since returning!
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wb amigo
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trytype this!!

KC 135
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8-6-nothing

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-5-9 imo.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Couple thoughts...

3-7-8 trifixes...tritypes...whatever are very rare...a triple aggressive has energy to burn. The only real life examples I can think of are AHHHnold the Governator and Michael Jordan.

4-7-8 seems to be the most popular but I haven't seen one on here yet.

For discipline reasons I try to keep the thinking center part of the trifix limited to thinking style(tight loose suggestible dogmatic squirrely etc), the heart center part to do with self-image(how much of an outsider you assume yourself to be, how much other-directed vs self-directed etc) and the gut center part to be more your presence/relational style...the balance of power during engagements with others.

Creepy-male

Default Tritype

Anyone heard of this?

What do you think about this?

Enneagram Tritype

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think my tri-type is 5-4-9 (all withdrawn types). 5-4-1 is also possible.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    I think my tri-type is 5-4-9 (all withdrawn types). 5-4-1 is also possible.
    I think I am 8-5-4 or 5-8-4

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know a site with tritype descriptions?
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Does anyone know a site with tritype descriptions?
    Nope I searched high and low for tritype descriptions

this is all I came by, which is great if your a one, but not so much for others

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type One

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idk how it works, but maybe 6-5-4 for me or maybe somehow 6-5-3, but i relate 4>3.

I like the (dis)integration stuff though 3->(6)->9.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tritype is the best Etype out of each section(there's a more official word, but I can't think of it).

head: 567
    gut: 891
    heart: 234

So, to figure it out you pick one out of each group and put them in order. I'd probably be 5-1-3.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    tritype is the best Etype out of each section(there's a more official word, but I can't think of it).

head: 567
    gut: 891
    heart: 234

So, to figure it out you pick one out of each group and put them in order. I'd probably be 5-1-3.
    The idea is actually quite perceptive, wouldn't it make sense that every person has part of themselves governed by Their Head, Their Heart, and Their Gut.

Each person has a dominate strategy (Head, Heart, or Gut). However when people fail to produce results with their dominate strategy they fall back to the next strategy and the next strategy.

Also the combination of the three can explain differences between people of the same type, since each tritype will bring about different elements...

Really if you consider adding wings to each tritype you see that everyone is developing all parts of their personality its just that people use a dominate strategy and have a dominate focus as to how to approach their life. People also have alot of other strategies they will commonly use and some strategies they rarely will use and won't concern themselves with.

I don't take type to seriously but I know I typically rely on 9,8,1,5, and 4 strategies alot and 2,3,6, and 7 strategies very little ==> I spend alot of time detached from reality in one way or another so I can relate to 5, 9 and 4. When I am in reality though I prefer to act out like an 8 and produce results, but when that fails I retreat to acting like a 9,4, and 5... I'll take some time to revitalize myself by being 9, Take some time to analyze my circumstances like a 5, and take some time to reflect and be creative like a 4... then I go back out to reality and act like an 8. I also identify with the 1 for different reasons that are complex to get into.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am a 9-5-2
    I withdraw a lot, but then I bounce back and I'm really friendly and outgoing and all that bullshit, but then I get really worn out and withdraw again.

@archon
    You gotta pick one from each triad! you can't have 6 and 5, they're both from the head.
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm I guess 5 doesn't really fit at all--not nearly as much as I thought it did.

I'm a 9-6-2
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh okay then.

Well I guess 6-4-1 ...?

But i dont relate to the gut triad much.
    The end is nigh

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    oh okay then.

Well I guess 6-4-1 ...?

But i dont relate to the gut triad much.
    Well the bottom line for the gut triad is how you deal with anger/rage.... so I would think unless your going to tell me you've never experienced anger that you have a part of you that is from that triad.

8's act out their anger/rage to produce results (at best productive results, at worst destructive)

9's repress their anger/rage to preserve inner harmony (at best making them self-sacrificing idealists, at worst making them detached)

1's use their anger/rage to drive them to discipline themselves (at best making them righetous and upright, at worst making them rigid and obssesive)

It's not hard to see from that distinction why the 8 acts so challenging, aggresive, assertive, leader like, and competitive, and the 9 acts so idealistic, detached, and reserved, and the 1's so disciplined, rigid, and objective.

Best of all you can play this scenario out for all the types; Heart Triads are based on making measures to deal with shame and Head Triads are based on making measures to deal with Anxiety/Dread. Every type has their method and tri-types means you as a person prefers one method for dealing with each "ailment" (Anger/Rage, Anxiety/Dread, Shame) and that each method can produce a result which is favorable and unfavorable. For example 8's can be vengeful, destructive, and barbaric at worst but be heroic and magnamimous at best -- makes sense they are either the angry control freak who wishes to be respected or they can be the leader who uses their anger to spearhead an impetus for change. Either way even if the enneagram is bullshit their is alot of useful information in it.

I figured out I am a 9w8 9-5-4 and not an 8... I am not nearly as assertive to be an 8 but occasionally I am paradoxically assertive but then withdrawn, but mostly I am detached like a 9, not being fully present and experiencing life at all moments. I tend to deal with anxiety by understanding things in a very 5 way, investigating things to try to draw out underlying principles, and I am like a 4 by dealing with shame by searching for great meaning in my life. I've also noticed a very latent emerging secondarly wing in 1 and I don't identify with 6,7,2,or 3 much which makes sense.... 9 has two wings in 8 and 1 and then I have the 5 and the 4 from tritypes.... so bam it works theoretically also.
    Last edited by male; 09-12-2009 at 06:18 AM.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... I guess I'm 4-7-9. Do you order them in order of what most significantly influences your personality? And is there anywhere I can find some information on this besides spending ten bucks?
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a decent article on tritype/trifix:
    Enneagram Tritype

Tritypes become significant when using your main type does not seem to work. In socionics, we might say they're using their super ego.

My main type is 9. I try to keep the peace, I'm easy going, I don't want to rock the boat. When it comes to accomplishing goals, that can't solve every problem. Sometimes I need to engage people, build up an alliance of sorts, reach out to people for assurance, and all the things a 6 would do. When talking fails, but there is still a desire to get things done, my eye starts to twitch and I just effing do it. Or, if I have to impress people, get up in front of people, be friendly and inviting, I switch to E2. E2s are really friendly, helpful, and can get things done. In socionics I would equate that to my LII flipping to ESE. It's that dramatic of a change, and it really wears me out.
    The saddest ESFj

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds interesting; thanks for the link. After reading it, I think that the tritype could also been seen as using the superid as well. The example of the type 8 with a 4 in his/her tritype thing sounds very Ni-seeking SLE to me. So in socionics terms, when I act 7ish I'd be drawing on my 7th function to dream up crazy possibilities and potentials, and when I act 9ish I'm drawing on my 8th function to smooth things over and work social niceties. Yuck. I hate doing that, even though I do it all the time (if there were people who didn't know me very well but knew enneagram, they might type me as a 9 as I tend to be very calm and peacekeeper-y as a default in social situations where I'm in uncertain footing).
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's another one:
    Personality Types: The Enneagram Tritype

You really have to understand your own type and instinctual variants before you go on to learn your tritype. I thought I was a 5 for the longest time before I did some real research. LII does not always equal E5.
    The saddest ESFj

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lucid: Yeah then I think 6-4-1 works.
    The end is nigh

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz View Post
    I think I am 8-5-4 or 5-8-4
    That would be me my bipedalled friend...

~Marcello~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8-7-4, I really think this is my tritype, although a lot of people say I have a strong 5 component, I'm a fairly convinced I made my way to disintegration in point 5, people see this as an explanation to my rationality, even though I'm undoubtedly an 8.
    Last edited by Sharrum; 10-20-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    "I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." - F. W. Nietzsche

"To what extent can truth endure incorporation? That is the question; that is the experiment." - F. W. Nietzsche

"Genius is a will-o'-the-wisp if it lacks a solid foundation of perseverence and fanatical tenacity. This is the most important thing in all of human life ..." - Adolf ******

"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower" - Adolf ******

"Kindness is a mark of faith, and whoever hath not kindness hath not faith." - Prophet Mohammed

"The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways — I to die, and you to live. Which is better God only knows" - Socrates

- ESTp - Se subtype - 8w7 sx/so

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    idk how it works, but maybe 6-5-4 for me or maybe somehow 6-5-3, but i relate 4>3.

I like the (dis)integration stuff though 3->(6)->9.
    Get some 7.

Creepy-male

Jake, your avatar is gross.

Creepy-male

I am actually 5-4-8 :: 5w4 :: sx/sp

Thought 8 was further up there because of the sx/sp... but really I act more more 5/4, people think of me as introverted/intelligent/creative more than they think of me as decisive/physical/aggresive ... and I think that matches, but I still got some traits of the 8... it just develops slower.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I´m new here. I´ve met Socionics through the Enneagram.

My Enneagram type is 1w9 sexual subtipe; I am fairly sure my tritype is 1-3-7.

btw, i´m ESTp/SLE on Socionics.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    Hi, I´m new here. I´ve met Socionics through the Enneagram.

My Enneagram type is 1w9 sexual subtipe; I am fairly sure my tritype is 1-3-7.

btw, i´m ESTp/SLE on Socionics.
    Welcome, try saying hi in the introduction section of the forum

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    Get some 7.
    It'd be a nice change to be 6w7 or 7w6...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolanzon View Post
    Jake, your avatar is gross.
    I'm sorry.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nope I searched high and low for tritype descriptions

this is all I came by, which is great if your a one, but not so much for others

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type One
    5 has one too.

Personality Types: Enneagram Tritype Descriptions: Type Five

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

5-3-8: more ambitious, competitive and assertive than others, these Fives stand out through their leadership abilities. They are rather good at managing people and know how to employ their powers and competencies in order to obtain an effective result. Pragmatic, goal-oriented and driven, but also a tad arrogant and egotistical, they know how to influence a situation to their advantage. And yet, although they are proficient in authority positions, others can find them quite unsympathetic and self-interested, with very little interest in people who cannot be of clear use to them.
    typical subtypes: social, sexual, balanced wings
    similar tritypes: 5-8-3, 3-5-8, 8-5-3
    flavours: self-confident, pragmatic, hard-working and narcissistic

Creepy-male

Yea I am probably either 5-4-8 or 5-8-4... but the descriptions on their seem a little negative towards this tritype.

I dunno I may have to rethink my type or consider a different description.

Creepy-male

bump

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol... for a short time I thought I was an SLE

I guess my tritype would be 1-4-7

anyway tritype is kind of different from traditional enneagram because you really cannot have one predominant type then... or can you? I guess it´s much more sober to say that if we have 3 types, then there´s no purpose in giving any of them dominance over the entire psyche. Each one will have dominance in its own triad.

Creepy-male

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne View Post
    lol... for a short time I thought I was an SLE

I guess my tritype would be 1-4-7

anyway tritype is kind of different from traditional enneagram because you really cannot have one predominant type then... or can you? I guess it´s much more sober to say that if we have 3 types, then there´s no purpose in giving any of them dominance over the entire psyche. Each one will have dominance in its own triad.
    it works like a ladder, the first type is your Main type and dominates the most, the second type is your secondary type and dominates moderately, the third type is your third type and dominates the least... each type is selected from a triad to express the type that dominates the most in that triad.

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Cool.

Never given much thought to "tritypes," but based on these, I'd say I'm most likely a 5-3-9, although 5-9-3 is not a bad possibility either.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4/6w7/8w7 here.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it works like a ladder, the first type is your Main type and dominates the most, the second type is your secondary type and dominates moderately, the third type is your third type and dominates the least... each type is selected from a triad to express the type that dominates the most in that triad.
    I've heard that the second and third part of your tritype is determined by you're first.

Types 7 and 8 will have image types third. 4 and 5 have gut types third. 1 and 2 have mental types third. 9, 3, and 6 don't really have a second and third type. Instead the other types in their tritype are basically equal.

This has to do with 4 and 5 being withdrawn and having sacrificed their instinctual nature, 7 and 8 being aggressive and having sacrificed their image consciousness and 1 and 2 being compliant and having sacrificed their inquisitiveness. Something like that.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast