Thread: The type most likely to cheat in a relationship

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I still think that it's easier to cheat for S people and maybe not only cheat but have some sexual contanct with people they do not feel attached to.
    I've been thinking about it for some time and that's just how it goes with my friends. N people are more idealistic, I'd say. And S find it easier to divide sex from feelings. My ESFj and ESFp friends cheated on their significant boyfriends which none of my N friends did.
    I'd say N people are more prone to be 40-year-old virgin.
    I think cheating is not that type related but finding it easy to have some sexual contacts IS. And so the story goes .
    In my experience yes this is probablly true. Sensors are more sensual, they have less reservations about hooking up in general. I could argue that they are more focused on the physical and sex in general. Still theres plenty that dont cheat and plenty of N types that do. Yes sensors tend to get laid more than intuitives, ive also seen this trend. I know an ESFp guy who to my knowledge doesn't and wouldn't cheat on his girlfriend. They broke up a month or so ago, so he slept with 5 girls over the three day weekend. Then they got back together again.

Still, i also know an ENFp girl who has a young child at home and still lives with his father and she recently cheated on him (kissed another guy on a few occasions). She claims she is unhappy at home..

The more i think about it anyway, the more i think about the idea of cheating as being a purely human concept. Animals dont really care about cheating. Its just sex. We are very attatchment focused, and of course from an evolutionary perspective it makes sense for humans to want to stay with the same partner so child rearing is more successful.

*Im putting on my flame suit after this post*
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ lol.
    i know an SLI and an IEE who have cheated on their BFs on a few occasions. The SLI feels more guilty about it, I think.
    I really doubt there's a correlation here, though, for some reason, I'm having a hard time picturing a cheating EII or ESI.
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    ^^^ lol.
    i know an SLI and an IEE who have cheated on their BFs on a few occasions. The SLI feels more guilty about it, I think.
    I really doubt there's a correlation here, though, for some reason, I'm having a hard time picturing a cheating EII or ESI.
    actually I can picture enneagram 7 easily cheating than the enneagram One(where i just read a description how they would almost never cheat and always so prefect and do the right thing with the people they love). I can't see an EII or ESI cheat either, I could however see ENFp/ESFp do so especially the Enneagram 7. so all in all and I hate to say this becuase so many people are against it, THAT IT IS TYPED RELATED. but it doesn't not mean 100% that XXXx will cheat and XXXx will not or enneagram #.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think any person in any relationship in the world is vulnerable to cheating if they're not getting something that they want out of their relationship - physical or emotional. That something may even be completely unrealistic. Depends on the person. Either they realize that their partner isn't perfect and figure out how to solve whatever it is (socionics might actually come into play there with their ability to communicate what's going on), or they rationalize their affair by believing that their current situation is unworkable.

People are vulnerable in different ways. Some people would be more vulnerable to their physical senses, but other people would be vulnerable to a powerful mental or emotional connection. Provide enough of the 'right' opportunity, a belief that your partner can't or won't communicate with you (might or might not be true), and heap on some grudges you've been holding over his head (things he 'should' know)...and you end up cheating on him.
    IEE

Creepy-Cyclops

OK, I'm going to sound like a sap or something similar here, but I haven't cheated on a partner. I guess the closest I came to actually going behind someones back, was when I was 19 or something and having a snog with some girl at the dancing, proceeding to finish the relationship with my partner that same weekend anyway (it was already over as we both knew before that point.)

So I dunno, in a relationship I haven't had problems were the girl doesn't want to have sex, we seem to be able to balance it out with each other. Maybe if I was in a relationship where I wasn't getting any at all then I would go with someone else, but then I think I'd need to like the other person physically and emotionally, so in that situation I'd be considering (and probably would) leave my other half anyway.

I suppose it becomes more difficult when there are children involved, but then, i'd like to think if I got to the stage of having a family with someone, that we'd be able to work that sort of shit out.

Although, I see people going behind their partners backs so often, and then when you ask people if they would, just about all of them say "definately not." So statistically at least some of them are lying. I've sometimes wondered if i'm the only person who even puts a value in being faithful. I dunno, it might even be something to do with me wanting to establish and maintain the good feeling I get out of my Fi hidden agenda being fufilled, with some sort of loyalty-connection thing.

Maybe I should experiment more with this two timing thing, maybe I am missing out on a lot of fun..

@Jessica, ugh, am I starting to talk about my life now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    OK, I'm going to sound like a sap or something similar here, but I haven't cheated on a partner. I guess the closest I came to actually going behind someones back, was when I was 19 or something and having a snog with some girl at the dancing, proceeding to finish the relationship with my partner that same weekend anyway (it was already over as we both knew before that point.)

So I dunno, in a relationship I haven't had problems were the girl doesn't want to have sex, we seem to be able to balance it out with each other. Maybe if I was in a relationship where I wasn't getting any at all then I would go with someone else, but then I think I'd need to like the other person physically and emotionally, so in that situation I'd be considering (and probably would) leave my other half anyway.

I suppose it becomes more difficult when there are children involved, but then, i'd like to think if I got to the stage of having a family with someone, that we'd be able to work that sort of shit out.

Although, I see people going behind their partners backs so often, and then when you ask people if they would, just about all of them say "definately not." So statistically at least some of them are lying. I've sometimes wondered if i'm the only person who even puts a value in being faithful. I dunno, it might even be something to do with me wanting to establish and maintain the good feeling I get out of my Fi hidden agenda being fufilled, with some sort of loyalty-connection thing.

Maybe I should experiment more with this two timing thing, maybe I am missing out on a lot of fun..

@Jessica, ugh, am I starting to talk about my life now?
    Oh please don't "experiment w/ the two timing thing"!! The world needs at least a handful of people who are still loyal and not cheaters!! I think people who cheat are really not able to be that close to another person, so they prob feel they don't have much to lose. But if it's possible for someone to actually feel something strong for another person, I don't see why anyone would risk that. It's too rare of a thing to lose.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    Oh please don't "experiment w/ the two timing thing"!! The world needs at least a handful of people who are still loyal and not cheaters!! I think people who cheat are really not able to be that close to another person, so they prob feel they don't have much to lose. But if it's possible for someone to actually feel something strong for another person, I don't see why anyone would risk that. It's too rare of a thing to lose.
    Have you never needed something purely for physical reasons?