Thread: The type most likely to cheat in a relationship

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe this thread has been done a few times in the past. Its always amusing to watch the accusations fly.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Se leading *might* be more likely to cheat. I think it has more to do with other factors.

I know an SEI who would never cheat, no matter how badly he wanted to, because he's extremely conflict-averse to the point of almost feeling sick when he thinks about doing something wrong or rocking the boat in any way. He would feel way too guilty to cheat. And being that uncomfortable is hard for SEIs. lol
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Me, me! My type is!!
    Hehe, just kidding. Just thought it'd be nice to have something in the thread besides 'I would never cheat and I'm such and such a type.'
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat View Post
    With Fi types I think they may cheat if the relationship is crap.. where the Fe type will cheat at like a retarded little party or something.
    This seems like it might make sense as far as the reasons a person valuing Fi or Fe might cheat, but I don't think it answers the question of whether one type is more likely to cheat than another.

I'd rather just end a bad relationship than cheat on the guy - for one thing I would feel really guilty about it; for another, I don't see any reason to carry on with something that isn't working. If someone is cheat-on-able, he's dump-able.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by songofsappho View Post
    I'd rather just end a bad relationship than cheat on the guy - for one thing I would feel really guilty about it; for another, I don't see any reason to carry on with something that isn't working. If someone is cheat-on-able, he's dump-able.
    everybody says this but keep in mind that if you have an entire life built with someone including kids, friends, infrastructure, that's going to be a lot harder to just dump her/him than the temptation of having something secret on the side. Of course I'm NOT advocating this! It's a horrible idea! Just pointing it out that it's easier said than done, in some situations. (I think you were talking about a more casual boyfriend/girlfriend thing though?)
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never cheat, but have hooked up with a few people who have significant others...lol. I won't put up with a cheater either. Screw that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    I'd never cheat, but have hooked up with a few people who have significant others...lol. I won't put up with a cheater either. Screw that.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheaters! ISFp, ESTp, ESFp, ISTp and ENFp
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Cheaters! ISFp, ESTp, ESFp, ISTp and ENFp
    Hmm... that's each irrational ST and SF - why only one irrational NF?

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by cracka View Post
    Yeah. I've hooked up with a few people with sig others as well. I'm not sure if it's entirely the right thing to do, but then, I've done it when i'm single. Also, I don't play for Chelsea or drive for Formula 1, i'm just an ordinary guy, so I can hardly pick and choose

When it comes to being in a relationship, I don't put up with the cheatahs. You can "spot" a "cheatah" a mile away. Groan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think that it's easier to cheat for S people and maybe not only cheat but have some sexual contanct with people they do not feel attached to.
    I've been thinking about it for some time and that's just how it goes with my friends. N people are more idealistic, I'd say. And S find it easier to divide sex from feelings. My ESFj and ESFp friends cheated on their significant boyfriends which none of my N friends did.
    I'd say N people are more prone to be 40-year-old virgin.
    I think cheating is not that type related but finding it easy to have some sexual contacts IS. And so the story goes .

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    I still think that it's easier to cheat for S people and maybe not only cheat but have some sexual contanct with people they do not feel attached to.
    I've been thinking about it for some time and that's just how it goes with my friends. N people are more idealistic, I'd say. And S find it easier to divide sex from feelings. My ESFj and ESFp friends cheated on their significant boyfriends which none of my N friends did.
    I think cheating is not that type related but finding it easy to have some sexual contacts IS. And so the story goes .
    In a general term yes, but depending on how you say to what is meant to be said, these stuff cause big controversy.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forgetmenot View Post
    In my experience yes this is probablly true. Sensors are more sensual, they have less reservations about hooking up in general. I could argue that they are more focused on the physical and sex in general. Still theres plenty that dont cheat and plenty of N types that do. Yes sensors tend to get laid more than intuitives, ive also seen this trend. I know an ESFp guy who to my knowledge doesn't and wouldn't cheat on his girlfriend. They broke up a month or so ago, so he slept with 5 girls over the three day weekend. Then they got back together again.

Still, i also know an ENFp girl who has a young child at home and still lives with his father and she recently cheated on him (kissed another guy on a few occasions). She claims she is unhappy at home..

The more i think about it anyway, the more i think about the idea of cheating as being a purely human concept. Animals dont really care about cheating. Its just sex. We are very attatchment focused, and of course from an evolutionary perspective it makes sense for humans to want to stay with the same partner so child rearing is more successful.

*Im putting on my flame suit after this post*
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin