Thread: Duals not understanding each other

Creepy-

Default Duals not understanding each other

But that's ok!

I don't know if he'll ever understand my existential crisises (sp?) and I don't know if I will ever understand his lack of curiosity with things that don't lead to a tangible goal... but these little mysteries really do make life interesting. Besides, where is the fun in a relationship if you can't give each other odd looks every now and again?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inability to understand...... h mm..............
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    hmmmm?

You never say anythign directly, do you?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband doesn't understand my moods or what causes them.

I don't understand how he can be so relaxed and calm in even extreme situations.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dual doesn't understand why I am so optimistic,

and I do not understand why she is so pessimistic.

Overall, it's a nice balance, even if probably both feel a bit like the other is naive in his approach to life.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    hmmmm?

If I had something to say, I would say it.

There's no fuzzyness about that, is there?

My response to that post was

"hmm.........."

If there were any more that I wanted to say, I would have said it.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We want you to say more.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, UDP, you average around 28 posts per day. That's much worse than Joy ever was.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    But they understand enough to know that you see it as something important, and they naturally help you out by taking your mind off the problem.....which was the only REAL problem in the first place!
    LOL! This has truth in it! Too funny. I get pissed that he doesn't understand how to help me figure shit out, but then when I stop and listen to him...I learn that I was totally overanalyzing shit and THAT was the problem. It's aggravating because I don't want to STOP analyzing, i want an answer to all my questions. But the answer is to get out of the endless circle of thoughts. Geez. LOL. Addicting thoughts suck ass. So illusive.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UDP has like a thousand posts, but almost nothing was said.
    There's nothing for me to discuss.

However, I have been using this forum a lot lately, and I think I will be weening myself off from it.

The reason why I don't say anything in my posts is because I have nothing to say, and primarliy use this forum as a substitue for mimial socializing, and passing the time, too. Honestly, there really hasn't been a subject that I've felt like I need to get wholeheartedly involved in.

It's good practice, though, in that I can learn how to make bullshit conversations with other people, both here and there. Superficial conversations are entertaining for a while, but if I get into them too much, I realize that I really start to get warped... Nothing aginst the forum, though. To be honest..... things are at last beginning to pick up at school, so I wouldn't be surprised if I started posting less and less. I'll try to get a box of tissues for everyone, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especailly the pair. The "Action" and "Time for Action" is one of the most interesting things I have seen so far in socionics to date.
    Oh, I'd love to hear your observations. Please share.

Creepy-

I think the thing about duals (or actually good relationships) is that the other person views your "serious problems" as something that isnt' really that big of a deal. But they understand enough to know that you see it as something important, and they naturally help you out by taking your mind off the problem.....which was the only REAL problem in the first place!
    I have the most horrible sense of deja vu (have you said this before somewhere else on the forum?).

Anyway, that totally makes sense

hmmmm?

"hmm.........."

I thought I perfectly understood him. Allow me to clarify (correct me if I'm wrong):

UDP is skeptical if ishysquishy is seing her dual. Since he is only skeptical and not 100%, he made a somewhat vague statement so nobody could hold him to anything if he was actually wrong. He did at least diplay his reasoning behind his half hearted argument, "Inability to understand..."

BTW: Transigent, I think you're first post was an excelent description of one of the qualities of a dual relationship (ie. taking your mind off your problems).
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by BlendieOfIndie
    I thought I perfectly understood him. Allow me to clarify (correct me if I'm wrong):

UDP is skeptical if Transigent is seing her dual. Since he is only skeptical and not 100%, he made a somewhat vague statement so nobody could hold him to anything if he was actually wrong. He did at least diplay his reasoning behind his half hearted argument, "Inability to understand..."
    He wasn't responding to Transigent...

Creepy-aurora_faerie

I don't understand anything and I'm going to stop trying to pretend to understand.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm?

"hmm.........."

UDP is skeptical if ishysquishy is seing her dual. Since he is only skeptical and not 100%, he made a somewhat vague statement so nobody could hold him to anything if he was actually wrong. He did at least diplay his reasoning behind his half hearted argument, "Inability to understand..."

BTW: Transigent, I think you're first post was an excelent description of one of the qualities of a dual relationship (ie. taking your mind off your problems).

Whatever the case.......

You're not wholely wrong.... but you certainly aren't correct in this assumption of what I said. But I don't fault you; no one really could know what I was talking about.

The most siginficant reason for my post was...
    I was considering times in the past when I had trouble understanding someone who could be my dual (the trouble of understanding was actually mutual). ....Made me consider if that person was my dual or my opposite. But it's not important to this thread, so I didn't get into it

Even now I haven't told you all the whole story, and I have no inclination to do so.

Creepy-

Whatever the case.......

You're not wholely wrong.... but you certainly aren't correct in this assumption of what I said. But I don't fault you; no one really could know what I was talking about.

The most siginficant reason for my post was...
    I was considering times in the past when I had trouble understanding someone who could be my dual (the trouble of understanding was actually mutual). ....Made me consider if that person was my dual or my opposite. But it's not important to this thread, so I didn't get into it

Even now I haven't told you all the whole story, and I have no inclination to do so.
    Thanks for the elaboration, UDP. I get agitated when people say things and don't explain them, but I appreciate even the most minimal explanation.

I think duals can seem almost as far apart as your conflictor, the difference being that you actually appreciate their strengths.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    I am not so sure if one does not appreciate their conflictor's strong points or at least some of them. I think it might be true (as the relations of conflict descriptions say) that people often find their conflictors very interesting.
    I agree with you but I don't think it's to the same extent as with the dual. Plus with conflictors it's relatively easy to get caught up in hostility (which somewhat diminishes appreciation).

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    No, I do not think that one would appreciate a conflictor as much as a dual, not in the long term anyway. However, I think at least for the first couple of weeks or months with a conflictor, a relationship can be quite good. I think trouble gradually rather than suddenly engulfs a conflicting relationship. The opposite seems to be true of dual relationships which can start out quite badly but gradually improve with the dualization process.
    That's something I definately agree with.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "dual" sounds interesting already.

I know I could never be an ESFj, even if I wanted to

But maybe that's the whole point, no?

UDP is skeptical if Transigent is seing her dual. Since he is only skeptical and not 100%, he made a somewhat vague statement so nobody could hold him to anything if he was actually wrong. He did at least diplay his reasoning behind his half hearted argument, "Inability to understand..."
    He wasn't responding to Transigent...
    Yeah, sorry. I got the names mixed up when I was posting. I thought I went back and changged it, but I must have missed one.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF