Thread: INTjs and success

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs and success

Do INTjs usually achieve their dreams?

Most people have goals in life. Some give up in the first rough-spot, some drag themselves through storm and wind until they get what they want. It depends on the character. I've always considered INTjs to have quite a lot of willpower and determination. Now I'd like to put it to test, so I want you to share your experience and/or knowledge.

Of all the INTjs you know, how many have been successful people with good income or at least a prestigious job of their choice ???
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTjs and success

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Do INTjs usually achieve their dreams?

Most people have goals in life. Some give up in the first rough-spot, some drag themselves through storm and wind until they get what they want. It depends on the character. I've always considered INTjs to have quite a lot of willpower and determination. Now I'd like to put it to test, so I want you to share your experience and/or knowledge.

Of all the INTjs you know, how many have been successful people with good income or at least a prestigious job of their choice ???
    i don't have any actual dreams. most are fantasy based. where things happen, the goal - but the lead up is never there. like we are married, live in a house, etc - but i don't know the meeting part. the part that i need to know now.

the small things - buying a car, camera, computer, etc. then yeah. i learned how to build a computer in month, got the stuff and built it.

as for jobs - no. i suggest things, they take it, without giving me compensation in any form. people use me mostly. and since i'm not one to toot my own horn, i don't sell myself very well.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it would depend on what the dreams are!

if it's one of those dreams that depend on hard work, ingenuity, well, basically dreams that can be earned kind of thing, then yeah, sure. i would think a lot of INTjs become successful in the generic sense of the word. personally, i've always had my pick of universities, schools, and i had a relatively easy time getting a job, but i shouldn't push my luck... but i put it more due to natural abilities rather than sheer hard work and determination. i seem to get more with less trying.

but if the dream is based on luck, like finding the right person and settling down, well, that's not so straightforward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to get into one of the top engineering schools in the nation to study Astronautical engineering and on top of that get accepted into the AFROTC with a scholarship. So I guess up to right now Ive been succesfull. But as Kirana said it can also depend on what kind of dreams.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

People tell me all the time that I'm going to be successful. I never have a response. I actually don't really like it that much when people tell me that. What do they mean, "youre going to be successful"?? They're saying I am going to meet their standards of success. What are their standards of success? My standard of being successful is being happy... at least that's what I think. How do they know if I'm going to be happy?
    ... but I'm in a bad mood right now, so whatever...
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2581

Hmm... it appears other INTjs have similar feelings about not succeeding...
    Of course I didn't say anything about fear of failure in my last post, but that is the root of a lot of my bitterness about people saying I'm going to be successful. Other peoples expectations only add to my burden. My expectations of myself are high enough, I don't need other people's, too.
    INTj
    "... the present is too much for the senses, too crowding, too confusing, too present to imagine" - RF

Creepy-

What gets to me is that I ........ don't have a major goal or thing I want to shoot for. I'm endlessly cycling through options, but I can't seem to find something good enough yet. I've come to realize, though, it will either be in hard sciences, or perhaps some sort of managing thing (my future that is). But.... I can't really make a sound decision yet because I don't know what it is. I'm not through with establishing my means for success.. ......... I'll leave it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    What gets to me is that I ........ don't have a major goal or thing I want to shoot for. I'm endlessly cycling through options, but I can't seem to find something good enough yet. I've come to realize, though, it will either be in hard sciences, or perhaps some sort of managing thing (my future that is). But.... I can't really make a sound decision yet because I don't know what it is. I'm not through with establishing my means for success.. ......... I'll leave it at that for now.
    I basically decided that I will be happy doing anything that challenges me. I need to be creative. Thus anything in the engineering field works... which is what I am going to do. However, I always have these dreams about doing other things... especially physics. I have already started something though, so I'm going to finish it.
    INTj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no will power nor capability to acheive that which I desire, lest the means to doing so require only little attention on my part to be implemented sufficiently.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."