Thread: Which type is the most self confident?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Which type is the most self confident?

I've heard various things in the past, so I figure I'll ask all of your opinions here.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp, ENTp, ENTj, ISTp, ESTj, ESFp, ENFp

It's mainly about being healthy. Any type can have self confidence, and any type can be very insecure and unconfident. The above types are, IMO, also the most dangerous when insecure.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

entps have a phony type of self confidence that is easily broken in my opinon. entjs too but it is less apparent and you can get at them by making them question themselves though the smarter ones see through this. i think i would go with estj although with them it can easily become over confidence that does not see how deeply they have mired themselves in trouble

Creepy-

Probably ESTj. ESTp can look self-confident but their hidden agenda can make them overly sensitive and all-too-easily crushed on occasion (whether or not they show it).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Probably ESTj. ESTp can look self-confident but their hidden agenda can make them overly sensitive and all-too-easily crushed on occasion (whether or not they show it).
    here it goes:

INTP -- no.
    INTJ -- yes: twice. unless they are ugly, in which case they think they are ugly
    INFP -- no: twice.
    INFJ -- no.

ISTP -- no.
    ISTJ -- yes.
    ISFJ -- no: three times.
    ISFP -- no.

ENTP -- no. The front verifies this.
    ENTJ -- yes.
    ENFP -- no: two point five times.
    ENFJ -- no: three times.

ESTP -- yes.
    ESTJ -- yes.
    ESFJ -- no.
    ESFP -- no: twice.

That leaves:

INTJ -- yes: twice. unless they are ugly, in which case they think they are ugly
    ISTJ -- yes.
    ENTJ -- yes.
    ESTP -- yes.
    ESTJ -- yes.

My order:

INTJ: they are confident at what they can do. and are aware of what they can't. But its a weird confidence, but they are they most confident, IMO.
    ENTJ, ESTP
    ISTJ
    ESTJ

I have a thing for confusing socionics ENTj and ESTp.. so I'll compensate.
    thing.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting to see how other people interpret confidences in types
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any type can be confident in themselves. However, the characteristic of confidence itself is best seen in the xxxx type: the providentiary. The providentiary draws its confidence from humanity as a whole, and is therefore sustained by the endless triumph of the race to survive against all odds.

I've heard a providentiary spout this stuff to my face before. It's a belittling experience that makes you feel almost evil for doubting the "eternal triumph" of the human collective. The way out is to remember that you too are a part of that collective, and perhaps without you it won't survive. Remember, the intuition that humanity is doomed stems from a belief that it cannot survive without you!

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    Interesting to see how other people interpret confidences in types
    I agree. So many arenas of confidence.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of ENTps with inferiority complexes where they have a front of confidence that is see through or easily shattered, but I think it's the ENTp optimism that makes the healthy ones self confident. Sure, I may get down on myself when I'm late for an important appointment, when I don't complete a project on time, or when I can't find something I need... but there is nothing anyone can say that makes my confidence or self worth falter. The insecure ENTps are so outrageous that they create this stereotype with inferiority complexes and compensatory narcissistic personality disorder.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The insecure ENTps are so outrageous that they create this stereotype with inferiority complexes and compensatory narcissistic personality disorder.
    ...I'm gonna have to question that assertion.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Which type is the most self confident?

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I've heard various things in the past, so I figure I'll ask all of your opinions here.
    it depends on your definition of confident. i'm confident on anything in know how to do. i know many things, i've forgotten some. and if i forgotten some, i would review to be confident in them again. i do things without thinking much, mostly because i've either done them all in my head, or i simply know how to do it.

however i'm less confident in social matters. people, girls, relations, etc - that i'm the opposite in.

but the rest, i know what i'm strong at, and know what i'm weak at. and i'm always patching holes, and reinforcing the bridge of things that i know.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Any type can be confident in themselves. However, the characteristic of confidence itself is best seen in the xxxx type: the providentiary. The providentiary draws its confidence from humanity as a whole, and is therefore sustained by the endless triumph of the race to survive against all odds.

I've heard a providentiary spout this stuff to my face before. It's a belittling experience that makes you feel almost evil for doubting the "eternal triumph" of the human collective. The way out is to remember that you too are a part of that collective, and perhaps without you it won't survive. Remember, the intuition that humanity is doomed stems from a belief that it cannot survive without you!
    the xxxx type, which is the providentiary seems like a super human to me. Probably only part of 0.1% of the population or less. Are cross-types smarter people and more successful people due to their balanced nature.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg

the xxxx type, which is the providentiary seems like a super human to me. Probably only part of 0.1% of the population or less. Are cross-types smarter people and more successful people due to their balanced nature.
    Smarter and successful are relative terms. It may not make sense for a person to desire living as the "best hobo they can be", but minds who are moved by the unconscious often have irrational aims. There are just as many successful basic typed people as there are successful crosstyped people. The difference is how many -other- people see them as such.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Having a hard time staying attached to reality and a mood disorder are probably the key points that make me less self confident. If I'm on an upper and keep myself active and doing things I feel very self confident. If I'm on a downer and confined to my house where I worry away at my computer, I start to question how important/real/effective I am. In other words if I don't feel connected to others and/or nature I don't feel very secure in myself. I can go for a little while without the connection but too long....and I over flow.

End ramble.

Creepy-

Aurora you sounds like an INxp :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    The insecure ENTps are so outrageous that they create this stereotype with inferiority complexes and compensatory narcissistic personality disorder.
    Oh, you didn't tell me you HAVE met my former boss

Addition: oh yes I forgot...

ISTjs often have an aura of self confidence so they might be my pick. But often they think too much of themselves so it is kind of "false" self confidence. Not entirely based on reality. So I don't know if it counts.

ESTps yes..but their fear of rejection sometimes make them lose their "cool" and confidence. Same might apply to ENTps.

ENTjs sometimes have this "I'm superior in whatever I do" thing but I guess it is partly a public face and as intuitives they actually realize they have weaknesses and even doubt themselves at times.

I don't think ISTps have self confidence in a "I'm superior physically/mentally/..." kind of way but often they have "Even though I'm not the best I can find a way to beat all the odds and claim the victory" kind of confidence. Confidence in "survival" no matter how bad the circumstances or something. This might be just stubborness though...

Ok I won't do this to all types...so I summarize..Lack of N is often a good boost of confidence. You have no means to see what a loser you really are Lack of E and F makes you care less about other people's bashing and criticality of you. With T you can always find a logic/viewpoint to justify your ideas. j people are like a train that runs towards a goal with great energy and confidence. So ISTj is my choice ISTj mirror ESTp in this context is like a ISTj with an exploitable weakness (hidden a) and comes in second. And INTj might be third..some people made good points about them but I'm not sure...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    entps have a phony type of self confidence that is easily broken in my opinon. entjs too but it is less apparent and you can get at them by making them question themselves though the smarter ones see through this.
    It's called Compensatory Narcissism.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Ok I won't do this to all types...so I summarize..Lack of N is often a good boost of confidence. You have no means to see what a loser you really are Lack of E and F makes you care less about other people's bashing and criticality of you. With T you can always find a logic/viewpoint to justify your ideas. j people are like a train that runs towards a goal with great energy and confidence. So ISTj is my choice ISTj mirror ESTp in this context is like a ISTj with an exploitable weakness (hidden a) and comes in second.
    With this logic, an ESFp would be the least confident, I assume?

I don't think ISTps have self confidence in a "I'm superior physically/mentally/.

exactly ESTps are the most confident in this sense, like "I'm superior phisically/mentally", because of and respectively
    hint..,hint :wink:

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFps are prone to BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), which is characterized by distorted self-image and intense self-consciousness. So yeah, I'd say ESFp is probably the least self-confident, but they can put on a damn good show.

ENFjs are also really self-conscious, especially about their taste and physical appearance (Look, I can pinch an inch!).
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...so if ESFps are hyper-aware of their own existence as a person with a body and a soul, an intense self-conciousness (i wonder how would that actually feel), INTjs are the opposite in that sense - the most detached from their phisical existence, and when we do become aware it becomes pretty frightening a persepctive

eh, nevermind that rambling...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I won't do this to all types...so I summarize..Lack of N is often a good boost of confidence. You have no means to see what a loser you really are Lack of E and F makes you care less about other people's bashing and criticality of you. With T you can always find a logic/viewpoint to justify your ideas. j people are like a train that runs towards a goal with great energy and confidence. So ISTj is my choice ISTj mirror ESTp in this context is like a ISTj with an exploitable weakness (hidden a) and comes in second.

I've just realized I made a mistake

the ENFps are the least confident following XoX's reasoning

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba

I've just realized I made a mistake

the ENFps are the least confident following XoX's reasoning
    Well my logic isn't flawless :wink: I might well be wrong about the effect N has on confidence. I also didn't stricktly follow my logic while ranking the most confident types being 1)ISTj, 2)ESTp, 3)INTj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I won't do this to all types...so I summarize..Lack of N is often a good boost of confidence. You have no means to see what a loser you really are Lack of E and F makes you care less about other people's bashing and criticality of you. With T you can always find a logic/viewpoint to justify your ideas. j people are like a train that runs towards a goal with great energy and confidence. So ISTj is my choice ISTj mirror ESTp in this context is like a ISTj with an exploitable weakness (hidden a) and comes in second. And INTj might be third..some people made good points about them but I'm not sure...
    I guess you were partly joking there, but I don't think confidence that ISTJ would have, reasoned the way you did, is very admirable kind of confidence. It sounds like it mostly consists of stubborness and inability to take into account conflicting viewpoints to one's beliefs. But maybe any confidence is good confidence.
    ENTP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Full House
    I guess you were partly joking there, but I don't think confidence that ISTJ would have, reasoned the way you did, is very admirable kind of confidence. It sounds like it consists of stubborness and inability to take into account conflicting viewpoints to one's beliefs.
    I guess the formula is something like stubborness + ignorance + narrow mindness = confidence of iron I'm not claiming ISTjs are like this (at least they are rarely ignorant )

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamicism
    My confidence level is pretty high, though I can be a bit inconsistent. My comes out in roaring bursts and I can be ultra-self-assured for awhile. Anyone that knows me thinks I'm the most confident person in the world. But that can fall away and I'll go into periods of abject insecurity and lacking of self-esteem. I hide out during those periods because I'd be humiliated if anyone ever saw me without confidence.
    That sounds familiar.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...