Thread: INTjs and frames of reality "being in touch w/real worl

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs and frames of reality "being in touch w/real worl

..... this is a shamble of a thought, but....

I remember when I was younger, and didn't differentiate as much between myself and everyone else. Yet..... I somewhat feel myself losing that.

Typical "alienation" stuff I guess, but.... sometimes I really have to remember how I come across to the world, and sometimes I'm just completely oblivious. I guess I'm just having a "sentimental moment" here or something, but it's strange. The more I'm growing older and more into my personality type fully, or perhaps I am just becoming more aware of who I've been all a long (which may very well be the case).... the more this aspect of my life is changing, the more distance I see.

But I don't want to lose it completely, in that...... I don't want to venture too far off into the woods without being able to see the path of the road.

I am wondering, though........
    If there will be a time where I will have to go further away and not be able to see the road anymore. Or also, if I should come back closer to the road. It's just something I'm considering at this moment.

Sometimes I feel like..... if I loose sight of 'reality' or the common, popular version of what is going on in the world, then all my hopes of real communication will be lost. And while I don't like communicating, I...... I'm feeling that if I'm on the verge of making a discovery or something, it won't be any good if I cannot describe myself to anyone else.

So it's like......

Sometimes I try to ...... observe culture so that I can understand people more, like some sort of social reconnaissance. ...... Like...... I want to leave some sort of a trace, just incase I find something useful when I'm searching in the deep dark woods. If I find something valuable or useful, and there is no way that I can trasmit information of my discovery, then what good is it?

I don't know, I cannot articulate this very well.......

but....

anyone else ever feel notions like that?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTjs and frames of reality "being in touch w/real

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    ..... this is a shamble of a thought, but....

I remember when I was younger, and didn't differentiate as much between myself and everyone else. Yet..... I somewhat feel myself losing that.

Typical "alienation" stuff I guess, but.... sometimes I really have to remember how I come across to the world, and sometimes I'm just completely oblivious. I guess I'm just having a "sentimental moment" here or something, but it's strange. The more I'm growing older and more into my personality type fully, or perhaps I am just becoming more aware of who I've been all a long (which may very well be the case).... the more this aspect of my life is changing, the more distance I see.

But I don't want to lose it completely, in that...... I don't want to venture too far off into the woods without being able to see the path of the road.

I am wondering, though........
    If there will be a time where I will have to go further away and not be able to see the road anymore. Or also, if I should come back closer to the road. It's just something I'm considering at this moment.

Sometimes I feel like..... if I loose sight of 'reality' or the common, popular version of what is going on in the world, then all my hopes of real communication will be lost. And while I don't like communicating, I...... I'm feeling that if I'm on the verge of making a discovery or something, it won't be any good if I cannot describe myself to anyone else.

So it's like......

Sometimes I try to ...... observe culture so that I can understand people more, like some sort of social reconnaissance. ...... Like...... I want to leave some sort of a trace, just incase I find something useful when I'm searching in the deep dark woods. If I find something valuable or useful, and there is no way that I can trasmit information of my discovery, then what good is it?

I don't know, I cannot articulate this very well.......

but....

anyone else ever feel notions like that?
    Agreed. What do you feel alienated from on a habitual basis, The main road has many aspectss, which ones are far way from you *thanks
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-pokeball

Well, by the theory, Ni's will feel the most alienated. Ti at least has a basis in societal structure so I imagine it isnt as bad in relative contrast.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. What do you feel alienated from on a habitual basis, The main road has many aspectss, which ones are far way from
    I'm assuming you left out "you"
    as in:

the main road has many aspects; which ones are (you) far away from?

If that is incorrect, please clarify.

To answer what I have stated above....
    Generally how other people think. I notice that a lot of people are more emotional - in terms of how they think and consider things- than I am.

But also, ...... the logic systems that people use.... in general..... are....... ...... I don't know. I am not sure if it is better to say my own is more modern and newer, 'advanced', or if I should call the others' more outdated and ...... "typical", so to say. But I'm not thinking differently just to be different, it's because of the type of thoughts I have. People seem to be very... .narrow in terms of what they think. I think INTjs are very good at global thinking, universal thinking, thinking on large scales. Perhaps some sort of mega Extrroverted thought process, I don't really know.

But I'll try to stay on topic..
    I believe, personally, that I've also had a more rare kind of upbringing in my family. I do not think that I had a bad upbringing, though I was into self pity at one point in my life. But things have changed a great deal since those days. I'm still a young kid, but it seems like a long time ago. At the very least, it was between 1/9 and 1/8 of my life ago, which is a long time in terms of proportion. Anyways... my upbringing was different in..... not only do I activly seek different aspects and angles of a sitaution or problem, but I actually HAVE seen them in my life. I have seen what it is like to live in the city, good cities and bad cities. I have lived in more rural areas. I've been in suburbia. I've been in trailor parks. I don't think a lot of people have experienced that sort of diverstiy, and seen/interacted with (or more so observed for me, I geuss) the different peopoe who are native to those situations.

However, I still feel that if I were..... if I had lived in the same place for all my life, I would still have a lot of the same qualities I do have now. I will not deny, though, that I may not have become an INTj, I'm not sure. I have not concluded for myself yet if I believe personality types are "from birth" or if they are developed over time. I'm leaning towards the later.

So with all this diveristy in my life, I am noticing one thing in particular, for myself. And I believe this may relate to some of my outspoken ness (especialyl for an INTj). I think I've had more "life experience" than most people. Well, ....... I'm not the only one who thinks that. Several people, in family and out of family, have said that I am that way - taht I have seen more than most people my age. Now, I know a lot of kids see a whole lot of things these days, so I do not really think I am alone in that aspect, at least not completely. However, I think I've had a stable enough environment (yet one that also had enough ... instability in it to keep me on my toes, so to say), and generally, the appropriate time to consider and reflect things. And I've had a good relationship with my father, who guided me with questions and thought process when I was younger, I think... but that's another story.

What the life experience comments are directed at is what I am seeing here, in college. A lot of the people here seem like children to me, and I cannot take them seriously, especially in terms of being an adult. But then again, some adults I cannot take seriously, so in all reality the gap isn't so great as I have made it seem here in this paragraph. But the point is...... there is something..... I don't know..... it's easy to say "maturity", but something to that effect.

ALso........ the independence factor. This is huge.
    It's not really good or bad, just like I don't want to lable anything else as good or bad, though I am well aware that I have pained all of my comments thus far with very positive colors. As far as independence goes, I realize I am incredibly indpendent. All the time I see fellow students doing things with other people, and I'm just not compelled in such things. I go places that I find practical or useful to me, but otherwise keep to myself,and thus have mimum relations. I talk to people in class, and am trying to establish "working relationships" - I have not so many problems there, although some class set ups are not so favoroable for discussion for me.

Continuing with independence, though... I've never really realized how independent I was until this last 6 months. Here at college, I can be almost completely independent, because I don't have any ties, and essentials like food, shelter, and clothing are already here and within my reach. I jsut have to make sure I eat and sleep. But so many people, like my room mate, do things just to do it with other people. It's not really appleaing for me to do things like that. I'm going to information fairs and expos to see if there are clubs or anything that I am interested in, and I probably will take those up if I find them. But in general, I don't enjoy socializing, and going to bars is completey out of the question

I cannot stand beer and parties, either, so that is kind of..... "away from the beaten path" of the college student, etc.

Hmm.....

that is a lot for now, but I enjoyed writing for this bit. There are other things I am sure, but athat is what came out. Hope it;s helpful for you. If you ahve any other questions about...well I guess I can only speak for myself... I'll be happy to answer, most likely, unless it's something I don't want to talk about- but you'll be able to figure that out from my response, most likely.

Specifics are thebest
    Though I get the whole "yes, I'll offer a vauge question or statement, and let the answerer determine the paremeters, and in doing so he will reveal more about himself", etce etc etc etc etc etc etc and so on and so fourth, etc etce tec etc etce etc.....................

blah blah blah.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm probably quite a bit older than you UDP but here goes. At various times in my life I have been completely stunned to find out that others don't think like I do. And I mean REALLY stunned.

First time I was about six years old and I realised that other people couldn't see the problem with blocking supermarked aisles with trollies. They did it because they thought it was normal.

In my late teens I couldn't understand that if action X would give result Y people were surprised when Y happened. The shock was that they couldn't see that X gave result Y and I could.

In my twenties, being more assertive, I started pointing out that if you did X you were going to get Y, good or bad. People still did X but now Y was my fault because I knew what would happen. I call this the Cassandra effect (look her up).

Much later on I was told that my dad was having some blood tests. Took me about 3 seconds to work out leukemia. How do you tell that to the family? I didn't. I just withdrew. Boy did I feel guilty when he died.

About 5 years ago I had some industrial psychology profiling tests. During the debrief I mentioned the Cassandra effect and the psycologist asked me to explain. When I told here she immediately closed down on me and said "I can't help you with that you need to see someone else". I thought YES! I've found another one! Since then I've found lots of INTJs. Incidentally the rest of the managers were typed as fluffy (woolly headed) extroverts so I said "I'll get my coat on the way out". They said "no, no, we need all types" They lied.

Only recently I found that no-one sees projects as I do but by now I should know better. If I had seen the pyschologist earlier the world would have made a lot more sense and I could have exploited it better.

Go for it sunshine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. What do you feel alienated from on a habitual basis, The main road has many aspectss, which ones are far way from
    I'm assuming you left out "you"
    as in:

the main road has many aspects; which ones are (you) far away from?

If that is incorrect, please clarify.

To answer what I have stated above....
    Generally how other people think. I notice that a lot of people are more emotional - in terms of how they think and consider things- than I am.

But also, ...... the logic systems that people use.... in general..... are....... ...... I don't know. I am not sure if it is better to say my own is more modern and newer, 'advanced', or if I should call the others' more outdated and ...... "typical", so to say. But I'm not thinking differently just to be different, it's because of the type of thoughts I have. People seem to be very... .narrow in terms of what they think. I think INTjs are very good at global thinking, universal thinking, thinking on large scales. Perhaps some sort of mega Extrroverted thought process, I don't really know.

But I'll try to stay on topic..
    I believe, personally, that I've also had a more rare kind of upbringing in my family. I do not think that I had a bad upbringing, though I was into self pity at one point in my life. But things have changed a great deal since those days. I'm still a young kid, but it seems like a long time ago. At the very least, it was between 1/9 and 1/8 of my life ago, which is a long time in terms of proportion. Anyways... my upbringing was different in..... not only do I activly seek different aspects and angles of a sitaution or problem, but I actually HAVE seen them in my life. I have seen what it is like to live in the city, good cities and bad cities. I have lived in more rural areas. I've been in suburbia. I've been in trailor parks. I don't think a lot of people have experienced that sort of diverstiy, and seen/interacted with (or more so observed for me, I geuss) the different peopoe who are native to those situations.

However, I still feel that if I were..... if I had lived in the same place for all my life, I would still have a lot of the same qualities I do have now. I will not deny, though, that I may not have become an INTj, I'm not sure. I have not concluded for myself yet if I believe personality types are "from birth" or if they are developed over time. I'm leaning towards the later.

So with all this diveristy in my life, I am noticing one thing in particular, for myself. And I believe this may relate to some of my outspoken ness (especialyl for an INTj). I think I've had more "life experience" than most people. Well, ....... I'm not the only one who thinks that. Several people, in family and out of family, have said that I am that way - taht I have seen more than most people my age. Now, I know a lot of kids see a whole lot of things these days, so I do not really think I am alone in that aspect, at least not completely. However, I think I've had a stable enough environment (yet one that also had enough ... instability in it to keep me on my toes, so to say), and generally, the appropriate time to consider and reflect things. And I've had a good relationship with my father, who guided me with questions and thought process when I was younger, I think... but that's another story.

What the life experience comments are directed at is what I am seeing here, in college. A lot of the people here seem like children to me, and I cannot take them seriously, especially in terms of being an adult. But then again, some adults I cannot take seriously, so in all reality the gap isn't so great as I have made it seem here in this paragraph. But the point is...... there is something..... I don't know..... it's easy to say "maturity", but something to that effect.

ALso........ the independence factor. This is huge.
    It's not really good or bad, just like I don't want to lable anything else as good or bad, though I am well aware that I have pained all of my comments thus far with very positive colors. As far as independence goes, I realize I am incredibly indpendent. All the time I see fellow students doing things with other people, and I'm just not compelled in such things. I go places that I find practical or useful to me, but otherwise keep to myself,and thus have mimum relations. I talk to people in class, and am trying to establish "working relationships" - I have not so many problems there, although some class set ups are not so favoroable for discussion for me.

Continuing with independence, though... I've never really realized how independent I was until this last 6 months. Here at college, I can be almost completely independent, because I don't have any ties, and essentials like food, shelter, and clothing are already here and within my reach. I jsut have to make sure I eat and sleep. But so many people, like my room mate, do things just to do it with other people. It's not really appleaing for me to do things like that. I'm going to information fairs and expos to see if there are clubs or anything that I am interested in, and I probably will take those up if I find them. But in general, I don't enjoy socializing, and going to bars is completey out of the question

I cannot stand beer and parties, either, so that is kind of..... "away from the beaten path" of the college student, etc.

Hmm.....

that is a lot for now, but I enjoyed writing for this bit. There are other things I am sure, but athat is what came out. Hope it;s helpful for you. If you ahve any other questions about...well I guess I can only speak for myself... I'll be happy to answer, most likely, unless it's something I don't want to talk about- but you'll be able to figure that out from my response, most likely.

Specifics are thebest
    Though I get the whole "yes, I'll offer a vauge question or statement, and let the answerer determine the paremeters, and in doing so he will reveal more about himself", etce etc etc etc etc etc etc and so on and so fourth, etc etce tec etc etce etc.....................

blah blah blah.
    Ok, this is a little bit creepy, what you just wrote fits every asspect of me perfectly. I too have lived in big citys, small citys, multiple trailer parks, nice full sized homes, I also lived in the country, and rural areas. And Im in college and realinzing how independent I truley am.

This might be completley off, but is it possible that a certain type of upbringing will produce an INTj thus making most INTj's have similar histories?
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    Well, by the theory, Ni's will feel the most alienated. Ti at least has a basis in societal structure so I imagine it isnt as bad in relative contrast.
    that's right, because N (intuition) is a perceptive function, while T (thinking) is a judgemental function

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bits
    I'm probably quite a bit older than you UDP but here goes. At various times in my life I have been completely stunned to find out that others don't think like I do. And I mean REALLY stunned.

First time I was about six years old and I realised that other people couldn't see the problem with blocking supermarked aisles with trollies. They did it because they thought it was normal.

In my late teens I couldn't understand that if action X would give result Y people were surprised when Y happened. The shock was that they couldn't see that X gave result Y and I could.

In my twenties, being more assertive, I started pointing out that if you did X you were going to get Y, good or bad. People still did X but now Y was my fault because I knew what would happen. I call this the Cassandra effect (look her up).

Much later on I was told that my dad was having some blood tests. Took me about 3 seconds to work out leukemia. How do you tell that to the family? I didn't. I just withdrew. Boy did I feel guilty when he died.

About 5 years ago I had some industrial psychology profiling tests. During the debrief I mentioned the Cassandra effect and the psycologist asked me to explain. When I told here she immediately closed down on me and said "I can't help you with that you need to see someone else". I thought YES! I've found another one! Since then I've found lots of INTJs. Incidentally the rest of the managers were typed as fluffy (woolly headed) extroverts so I said "I'll get my coat on the way out". They said "no, no, we need all types" They lied.

Only recently I found that no-one sees projects as I do but by now I should know better. If I had seen the pyschologist earlier the world would have made a lot more sense and I could have exploited it better.

Go for it sunshine!
    bits, I know exactly what you mean, but that is not related with type. It's a human being perception distortion mechanism. It's what in sociology is called the false consensus mechanism . All people tend to think that their behaviour, actions and judgements are more similar with others that they actually are in reality.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Er, I don't know about that Apex. I've lived in big cities, small cities, little towns, out in the country, real houses, mobile homes, apartments, a camper on the back of a pickup truck, a storage shed in the middle of a construction site, a tent, my car, a fraternity, and a dorm room. I think that about covers it. I could live pretty much anywhere and be happy, and I think that's one thing I have in common with INTjs, is that neither of us are too caught up in worrying about creature comforts. We have fewer "needs" and even fewer wants than most people.
    Another interesting thing is that for me, and Im not sure about UDP, I had lived and been to all those places by the time I was 15. Infact when I was 15 I had moved about 16 times, or something like that.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

I love the country, too. Im a huge believer in that we need more space to breathe and be free but Im a fruit like that so... I dislike being in an inner city for too long. I get anxious. Anyways, Im sorry you had to move around so much as a kid =(

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apex
    Er, I don't know about that Apex. I've lived in big cities, small cities, little towns, out in the country, real houses, mobile homes, apartments, a camper on the back of a pickup truck, a storage shed in the middle of a construction site, a tent, my car, a fraternity, and a dorm room. I think that about covers it. I could live pretty much anywhere and be happy, and I think that's one thing I have in common with INTjs, is that neither of us are too caught up in worrying about creature comforts. We have fewer "needs" and even fewer wants than most people.
    Another interesting thing is that for me, and Im not sure about UDP, I had lived and been to all those places by the time I was 15. Infact when I was 15 I had moved about 16 times, or something like that.
    That's interesting. The same is actually true for me -- I didn't live in my car until college though. For grades K to 12 I counted once -- I went to 12 different schools. I moved several times during some years, so that doesn't quite equal a new school every year, but close.

I much prefer living in the country, with natural beauty surrounding me than in a city though. Us kids loved it when we lived in the mountains of Colorado in a tent. We'd go fishing everyday, and play in the woods and it was great. Living in the storage shed was kinda cool too actually. That was in California. My sister and I would go climbing all over the houses that were being built, daring each other to do stupider and stupider things until my mom found out. Good memories.
    There is still a working theory that people are born into their types. It's nature, not nurture. It makes sense. I don't think that loud obnoxious people who have the genes to give birth to one loud obnoxious baby, would have the ability to raise him/her into an INTj if they traveled (moved) a lot. You're just looking at a huge coincidence. I had moved twice when I was 10, but I don't think it had any effect on my type.

And UDP, I really would comment the topic as well, but to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't really think you're alpha, because it shouldn't be so difficult for me to understand you. I'm just unable to follow your text. I have never gotten the INTj-vibe with any of your texts. I sometimes think that you are INFj or ISFj, because the text of a NT should be better structured and more logical, not so much a typical chit-chat on paper. BTW! Is English your first language?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

There is still a working theory that people are born into their types. It's nature, not nurture. It makes sense. I don't think that loud obnoxious people who have the genes to give birth to one loud obnoxious baby, would have the ability to raise him/her into an INTj if they traveled (moved) a lot. You're just looking at a huge coincidence. I had moved twice when I was 10, but I don't think it had any effect on my type.
    That would be assuming a single factor out of a multitude of factos and it is still an assumption of everyone involved in total (Im sure one can easily find the statistics of babies born per day).

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae
    I love the country, too. Im a huge believer in that we need more space to breathe and be free but Im a fruit like that so... I dislike being in an inner city for too long. I get anxious. Anyways, Im sorry you had to move around so much as a kid =(
    I'm not sorry. Some moves were harder than others, but we had lots of adventures on the way, and the weirder places we stayed were not for long, a temporary landing spot on our way. And I do have lots of good memories.
    It wasnt hard adjusting at all? Or did you just get used to it as the only know way of life at that time? And would you consider it difficult now?

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

And UDP, I really would comment the topic as well, but to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't really think you're alpha, because it shouldn't be so difficult for me to understand you. I'm just unable to follow your text. I have never gotten the INTj-vibe with any of your texts. I sometimes think that you are INFj or ISFj, because the text of a NT should be better structured and more logical, not so much a typical chit-chat on paper. BTW! Is English your first language?

#1 - when I write something in a very stream of conscious way, I really don't care how it looks, and I don't really even think about it, nor do I want to go back and change it sometimes. I don't follow typical conventions of how most people post, but when I am typing, it seems right for me, in how I separate things. But what comes out on paper does look different then most, granted. I've never really cared what my hand writing looks like, and my first post is a good example of this, because it is like me sketching quickly notes about something - which I was implying when I said "This is a shamble of a thought".

#2 - you have no idea what i'm talking about.....
    Okay, well, I'm not surprised. Can you consider the concept I am speaking of? Or is it comlpletely out of your .... ability to understand or see?

#3 - you don't think I'm alpha, because you don't understand me...
    ........ Is this more that you just don't understand me, or that you don't think I'm alpha? Do you ..... not understand some quadras? As for myself, I can at least grasp at what other types/quadras are saying, and at the very least get an idea of their motivations. I am tempted to turn this question back on yourself, as you are a self proclaimed: "INTj with many ISTj traits". What specifically don't you understand? I find it interesting that you have no idea what I am talking about, when so many other people here seem to understand some parts of it.

I sometimes think that you are INFj or ISFj, because the text of a NT should be better structured and more logical, not so much a typical chit-chat on paper
    Do you (open to everyone) really think I'm an INFj? as in this link - http://the16types.info/types-INFJ.php ? I'm being serious. Same for ISFjs and the description for that type on that site, or any others.

#5 "chit chat"
    I have devloped a writing style that is very conversational. I find, especially here, it is more true to my audience and myself. I'm not going to write papers with every post, because it's just not that valuable to me - I don't really care. If I'm writing with a real intention, then things change. But I see no reason to write the same way all the time and for every situation.

#6 English is my first language. Is it yours as well?

#7 could you fllow my text in this post?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to oldham

INFj:

INFJ Computer Function Analysis
    Oldham Style: Sensitive

Basic Pleasure
    acceptance

Basic Fear
    rejection

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1 - when I write something in a very stream of conscious way, I really don't care how it looks, and I don't really even think about it, nor do I want to go back and change it sometimes. I don't follow typical conventions of how most people post, but when I am typing, it seems right for me, in how I separate things
    you're a p rather that a j, according to what you just confessed here =)

And I can understand what you're saying, that's why I think you're ENTp
    a fellow alpha. big hug =) It's ok don't be afraid to admit it

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's second on my "you are most probably this type" list. So I can see why people are often confused by it.

But i mean, we all could pick apart each others posts and say "hey, this makes you this or that". I don't really fit solidly into any of the slots, I don't think. INTj seems the best fit for me...............

*forshadowing something*

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out alpha gamma conflicts.......

and whatever teh case, maybe I should just be called Mr. Alpha.
    ALPHA male?

I'm not going to say I don't have any ENTp qualities.
    I'm not going to say everyone doesn't ahve any ENTp qualities, for that matter.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sometimes think that you are INFj or ISFj, because the text of a NT should be better structured and more logical, not so much a typical chit-chat on paper
    Do you (open to everyone) really think I'm an INFj? as in this link - http://the16types.info/types-INFJ.php ? I'm being serious. Same for ISFjs and the description for that type on that site, or any others.
    i have to say me too. your writing (speaking?) style reminds me a great deal of someone i know, who is not INTj. or any of the alphas. i don't know enough to know what he is exactly, but i know what he is not.

on the bit about INTjs being brought up similarly, i had a pretty stable childhood, location-wise. moved once, but didn't have to change schools. didn't make a difference to my type. i mean, if you think about it, your type is supposed to be how you take in information and how you process it through various functions. where one has lived, or how many times you've moved only changes the sort of information received, not really how you process it, barring trauma, maybe.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like someone to explain the difference with.

caring how your type looks on the internet
    vs.
    caring how you appear in the real world

This isn't a loaded question, it's a real one.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs.

...Ah... on the internet... well... type shows more on the internet. In real life, an INTP and an INTJ can be friends very easily. They can hang out, share perspectives, and when they have disagreements they can just agree to disagree. I have a good relationship with my INTP cousin this way. Of course, whenever the conversation turns to future enterprises and perspectives... we turn away from that, because things start taking an unpleasant turn.

The internet is extremely public. An idea can be expressed to thousands of people in a very short timeframe. Including new processes and ways of doing things. Naturally, this brings perceivers and judges into constellation with each other. (I'm using the Jungian concept of constellation here: "a force's actions strengthen the prominence of its opposite") The same holds true, of course, for the thinkers and the feelers, the introverts and the extroverts, the sensors and the intuitives. Neither side lets the other go unchecked.

In particular, most all of my critics have the common trait of being intuitive perceivers. (mostly introverted) I get along pretty well with the rest, although some of them will by their nature tend to jump on a bandwagon... and that's always a problem.

I think it's important when posting on the internet, to remember that you will have enemies of your own view. Those who do nothing don't make enemies; those who try to effect change, constellate the opposing side. Ronald Reagan once said of the Republicans, "We are change." Odd statement for an arch-conservative to make, but of course, change means different things to different people. One man's trash....

But you will also have allies. I've learned the hard way: seek them out and affirm their trustworthiness, or you will soon find yourself surrounded and dejected.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs.

i don't get it. it's the same to me, i think.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirana

vs.

i don't get it. it's the same to me, i think.

No no no, you all misundertood:

"Type" as in
    this here, my typing. My words. My word and sentence structure.

How you write on paper, or online
    vs
    How your appearnce is in the real world

For instance

INTjs are supposed to have orderly, logical type, right?
    Yet they are sloppy or uncaring dressers

How does that correlate?