Thread: INTjs: strong need for autonomy ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTjs: strong need for autonomy ?

Do you think INTJs can do well when they get autonomy in their field ?DO they have a strong need for autonomy ?
    INTJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean a certain degree of independance when it comes to a job then Id say yes. At my old job I had a bit of independance on how I was able to get my job done and I loved it. Of course more responsibility came with that as well but I like that too.
    "Knowlege is not very far" - Flaw's Worlds Divide
    "When you're taught through your feelings" Lacuna Coil's Swamped.
    "To see the world in a grain of Sand" - Blake
    "A little non-sense now and then is cherished by the wisest of men"

INTj, INTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: INTJ's stong need for autonomy ?

Quote Originally Posted by joseph2505
    Do you think INTJs can do well when they get autonomy in their field ?DO they have a strong need for autonomy ?
    it depends on what the job is, and what the decisions have to be made. ideally i rarely ask for help. mostly because i don't trust the other person or their abilities. as long as i'm trusted i can do wonders. and though human contact is important, i can usually get more done when i'm alone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have strong need for autonomy and I can see why other NTs would like it as well.

The trust thing is probably key here. I don't trust other people to do the same job I would on a project. Other people require more specific instructions and I do so much on the fly and think as I do it, that its a pain the arse to give someone else instructions...quicker to do it myself.

Having someone senior to me giving me stupid instructions which I can see are innefficient makes me unhappy in my work environment. I just prefer to be given a project and be able to control all aspects that of that project in my own way.

Even if I'm not personally screwing something up, I feel a responsiblity to fix it....and yes, I do tend to overwork myself because of it.

I just wish more people were able to solve their own problems and think independently. Too many sheep in this world and not enough competant hearders.
    Polly
    ENTP

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hm, yes. i hate being made to do stupid things, like people making me do something that no longer has relevance because the reason for it no longer exists. among other things. i figure if i have a lot of autonomy, it eliminates the bulk of these problems. and if not, then i'd at least have the freedom to let off steam without having people breathe down my neck.

my job has a not-bad degree of autonomy, considering. it keeps me sane.