Thread: The relationship between mobilizing and suggestive functions

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The relationship between mobilizing and suggestive functions

I think I recently had an epiphany about the relationship between the mobilizing and suggestive function in relationship to Dual interaction (especially in the context of an individual's fixation on the mobilizing function (as explained by Expat's Pathetic Hidden Agenda article, or sort of): we try to reach the state determined by our suggestive function, but this is not provided by your dual directly. Instead, you dual solves the issues related to the mobilizing function, which takes away the need for putting energy into it, or allows you to stop worrying about it, which allows you to reach the state of the suggestive function (in case it's introverted) or provide the energy to act from the suggestive (ETA: was "mobilizing ") function (in case it's extroverted).

Now this nothing more than an idea I'm thinking about, not a final conclusion.

Let me elaborate this with an example: an IEE feels the need to know something (is it A or is it B, is a the right way or B, how can I be sure?), but his Ne makes him see many different possibilities and he can't decide himself. He will ask his dual for the answer, and probably accepts this answer without question, feeling certain it is the right answer. Now he can stop worrying, and reach that state of relaxedness and mental balance he's looking for (and not because the SLI makes him a tasty dinner ).

So what does this mean for each type? Some of these I'm more confortable about than others:

• IEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.
    • SEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.
    • SLE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.
    • ILE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.

• SLI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to express your creativity.
    • ILI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will have willpower. Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • IEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will have willpower. Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • SEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to express your creativity.

• LSE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will love. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.
    • ESE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will understand. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • EIE: If I have willpower, I will understand. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • LIE: If I have willpower, I will love. our dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.

• EII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to reach perfection.
    • LII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • LSI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • ESI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to reach perfection.

Feel free to make constructive suggestions or improve on these descriptions.

ETA: I clearly have more problems with descriptions for rational types than irrational types
    Last edited by consentingadult; 01-16-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Well, I'm an IEE and that hit the nail right on the head. Being engaged to an SLE (my super-ego pair) those are some of the most fear-filled moments. When i'm having some panic attack about some cosmic question (why am i here, what does god want from me) or about some concrete question (what the hell shirt should i wear??), and he has no input. why? because he doesn't know the answer. Because he hates me and doesn't want to answer me? no. Because he doens't like BSing. If he doesn't know, he says, "i don't know". He doesn't try to guess or hypothosize. Fortunately for my sanity, my best friend of 23 yrs (I'm 25) is an SLI She'll answer me in a second. And I rarely to never question her responses. They do calm me. Even if something somewhere in me is saying "she has no idea what she's talking about", my mind just seems to accept them. And I can move on, calmed.

I wonder how this manifests itself for him... Being an SLE, do I not tell him I love him enough because of me Fi? Hmmm. lol. Thanks for this insight
    ENFP * IEE *

"You don't have a soul. You have a body. You are a soul."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think he/she is pretty accurate, whaterver it is.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmmm.

Yaysh.
    The end is nigh

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like a lot of these.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    i like a lot of these.
    Thank you! Do you happen to have suggestions for those you like less, or just point out those? I'm dying for input
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ej thinkers are the most awkward because I do not think that they need to 'mobilize' their 6th function in order to realize their 5th in the way you described. That is, I do not think they need to be creative or have willpower to love. I think these may be more accurate:

LSE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will be able to find love. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and be able to love.

LIE: If I have willpower, I will be able to find love. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and be able to love.

I'm not sure that those are any better.

The rest are excellent: they make sense and have a lot of implications. I like.
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Greeter View Post
    The Ej thinkers are the most awkward because I do not think that they need to 'mobilize' their 6th function in order to realize their 5th in the way you described. That is, I do not think they need to be creative or have willpower to love. I think these may be more accurate:

LSE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will be able to find love. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and be able to love.

LIE: If I have willpower, I will be able to find love. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and be able to love.

I'm not sure that those are any better.

The rest are excellent: they make sense and have a lot of implications. I like.
    Sounds good!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE: If I have willpower, I will understand. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.

I am not sure if willpower will help me to understand. it helps me to stop procastinating, move active, and i certainly agree that LSI will realized what I want and needs to accomphish Ti+SE. I definity like the "so you stop worrying and come to understanding of reality." becuase I know that just with Introvert intuition without SE is something that's completely "in your head" without actual DATA or Reality(SE) to back it up. you don't get the facts right and your mind is just reaching conclusion without being relevant to the real world. that is how SE helps my NI. I would like to think SE as collecting imagery data and then storing it into your mind.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    EIE: If I have willpower, I will understand. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.

I am not sure if willpower will help me to understand. it helps me to stop procastinating, move active, and i certainly agree that LSI will realized what I want and needs to accomphish Ti+SE. I definity like the "so you stop worrying and come to understanding of reality." becuase I know that just with Introvert intuition without SE is something that's completely "in your head" without actual DATA or Reality(SE) to back it up. you don't get the facts right and your mind is just reaching conclusion without being relevant to the real world. that is how SE helps my NI. I would like to think SE as collecting imagery data and then storing it into your mind.
    I wouldn't know exactly about EIEs, but by now I realize that when I say "If I have willpower" it does not necessarily be have to be yourself that needs to get the willpower, it can also be (probably even more likely) that you 'have it' by proxy. If you have someone who does the Se-stuff for you you no longer have to worry about it. Is that what you are in effect saying about your own experience?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    I wouldn't know exactly about EIEs, but by now I realize that when I say "If I have willpower" it does not necessarily be have to be yourself that needs to get the willpower, it can also be (probably even more likely) that you 'have it' by proxy. If you have someone who does the Se-stuff for you you no longer have to worry about it. Is that what you are in effect saying about your own experience?
    Nevermind what I said, you are right about the moboilzing, sugesstive function being work together to get full result from your dual. I just think that willpower should be replace by SE in general. but it does make alot of sense what you are saying.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Nevermind what I said, you are right about the moboilzing, sugesstive function being work together to get full result from your dual. I just think that willpower should be replace by SE in general. but it does make alot of sense what you are saying.
    yeah you're right, the descriptions need to be expanded to catch all aspects of an information element. That is something that will need to grow over time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• SEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.

• SLI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to express your creativity.
    Interesting ... this could possibly describe a very intense, on-again-off-again relationship of mine. She was always asking my input on practical matters, and almost begging for my approval of (and, necessarily, assistance in) ever-expanding plans. I was always basking in shows of affection from her, especially since I don't see myself as very creative and the times we'd collaborate stand as the times I felt most creative in my life. But we'd burn each other out, badly ... thus the OAOA.

I'm still not entirely sure of her type, but the most likely are SEE, ESI and ESE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

I think I recently had an epiphany about the relationship between the mobilizing and suggestive function in relationship to Dual interaction (especially in the context of an individual's fixation on the mobilizing function (as explained by Expat's Pathetic Hidden Agenda article, or sort of): we try to reach the state determined by our suggestive function, but this is not provided by your dual directly. Instead, you dual solves the issues related to the mobilizing function, which takes away the need for putting energy into it, or allows you to stop worrying about it, which allows you to reach the state of the suggestive function (in case it's introverted) or provide the energy to act from the suggestive (ETA: was "mobilizing ") function (in case it's extroverted).

Now this nothing more than an idea I'm thinking about, not a final conclusion.

Let me elaborate this with an example: an IEE feels the need to know something (is it A or is it B, is a the right way or B, how can I be sure?), but his Ne makes him see many different possibilities and he can't decide himself. He will ask his dual for the answer, and probably accepts this answer without question, feeling certain it is the right answer. Now he can stop worrying, and reach that state of relaxedness and mental balance he's looking for (and not because the SLI makes him a tasty dinner ).

So what does this mean for each type? Some of these I'm more confortable about than others:

• IEE: If I know (be certain, be perfect), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you what you need to know, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.
    • SLE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and will know when to act.
    • ILE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.

• ILI: If i can love (admire, trust, respect) someone, I will have willpower. Your dual will accept your love, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • IEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will have willpower. Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    • SEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will be creative (express my talents). Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to express your creativity.

• LSE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will love. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.
    • ESE: If I'm creative (express my talents), I will understand. Your dual will unleash the creativity in you, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • EIE: If I have willpower, I will understand. Your dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and come to an understanding of reality.
    • LIE: If I have willpower, I will love. our dual will realize what you want to accomplish, so you stop worrying and feel love for someone.

• EII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to reach perfection.
    • LII: If I feel at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you how to be balanced, so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • LSI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will be loved (admired, trusted, respected). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to respond to love.
    • ESI: If I know when to act (be less impulsive, capable of planning), I will know (be certain, be perfect). Your dual will tell you when to act (do your planning), so you will have the energy to reach perfection.

ETA: I clearly have more problems with descriptions for rational types than irrational types
    These are awesome! I can see the IEE one being accurate for me. It goes against the idea of the mobilizing being producing and the suggestive being accepting, however. Perhaps one needs an initial influx of energy through the mobilizing before one can produce it on their own; otherwise it would remain somewhat dormant. What do you think?

eg. if the ILI is given love/respect/admiration, then that would give them willpower, as you said, and later they'd express love/respect/admiration for others which would continue to give them willpower.

Maybe this is how the psyche develops. The dual ends up "charging" the mobilizing, like a spark plug on a dead car engine, and then the whole thing would work at a higher energy level with or without the dual's presence. More dual input- more of a charge. Could explain the magnetic attraction of duality. It could work very much like a electrolytic battery.

And the extent to which one receives mobilizing input would be the extent to which they'd serve their own suggestive needs, when away from their dual. So an ILI who is regularly given love and respect, would have much more willpower than one who has not, even when surrounded by Fe (and other incompatible) egos.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConcreteButterfly View Post
    These are awesome! I can see the IEE one being accurate for me. It goes against the idea of the mobilizing being producing and the suggestive being accepting, however. Perhaps one needs an initial influx of energy through the mobilizing before one can produce it on their own; otherwise it would remain somewhat dormant. What do you think?

eg. if the ILI is given love/respect/admiration, then that would give them willpower, as you said, and later they'd express love/respect/admiration for others which would continue to give them willpower.

Maybe this is how the psyche develops. The dual ends up "charging" the mobilizing, like a spark plug on a dead car engine, and then the whole thing would work at a higher energy level with or without the dual's presence. More dual input- more of a charge. Could explain the magnetic attraction of duality. It could work very much like a electrolytic battery.

And the extent to which one receives mobilizing input would be the extent to which they'd serve their own suggestive needs, when away from their dual. So an ILI who is regularly given love and respect, would have much more willpower than one who has not, even when surrounded by Fe (and other incompatible) egos.
    I had completely forgotten about this post. Anyway, nowadays my opinion is that it actually works quite different:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...stive-and.html

So basically what I'm thinking now, is that your dual takes care of your suggestive function, and this in turn takes the strain of the mobilizing function, making it function more effectively. It is still possible to arrive at the needs of the suggestive function through efforts of the mobilizing function, but that is not as important or effective as the other way around. In the end, the reduced spending of energy on the Mobilizing, shifts focus of activity to the ego functions, which is better for the individual in the first place.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I had completely forgotten about this post. Anyway, nowadays my opinion is that it actually works quite different:

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...stive-and.html

So basically what I'm thinking now, is that your dual takes care of your suggestive function, and this in turn takes the strain of the mobilizing function, making it function more effectively. It is still possible to arrive at the needs of the suggestive function through efforts of the mobilizing function, but that is not as important or effective as the other way around. In the end, the reduced spending of energy on the Mobilizing, shifts focus of activity to the ego functions, which is better for the individual in the first place.
    Do you still think this way?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[*]ILE: If I'm loved (admired, trusted, respected), I will be at ease (relaxed, physically and mentally). Your dual will tell you they love/like you, so you stop worrying about it and feel balanced and relaxed.
    I find myself identifying with this one the most.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I didn't read them all yet but this:

IEI: if I understand (a system, the rules), I will have willpower. Your dual will make sense of reallty for you, so you will have energy to get motivated.
    This sounds like a miserable existence without challenge or freedom to think for myself. My motivation in this case would be freedom from someone who told me how to find meaning and make sense of my reality. I don't think that my previous duals made sense of reality for me or even attempted to other than helpful practical tips. They did help me make sense of some other things but we did it together. If anything they took care of or reminded me (sticky notes work) to take care of practical day to day stuff I am useless at (remembering to pay bills on time) and let me explore my inner world. I can see them as being able to ground me where others can't and make me feel really present in my body and aware of my outer senses. Se does move me to act without thinking sometimes. Just do, don't think.

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say here though. Maybe I am taking too literal. I have been extinguished.

Edit: I see you have revised your ideas. carry on...

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not really.

*** If I know exactly when and how to invest in something that has high potential for profit, I am "perfect".***

-- concrete situation: I tend to follow several "threads" at once when I notice something is profitable. If it brings me money right now, it's cool. Someone like my father (LIE) is able to sense which "direction" has more long-term worth and can perfectly organize work/plan everything step-by-step to reach a final goal (which can be fairly distant in time). I'm not as good as him in this respect. Needless to say he's pissed off even now when he notices I do what he claims to be "wasting time&energy just for some fast cash" instead of focusing on one solid path only.
    Last edited by Amber; 03-17-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I

now that I remembered it ... fdg's description in this old thread of mine was pretty spot-on for Ni HA (+ or - Te):

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-Hidden-Agenda

The way I personally prefer to understand the concept of "Ni hidden agenda" is a request for Ni creative (which is going to be different if given by EIEs or LIEs). So, a request for either a quick synthesis of potential trends in the objective world, in order to act upon them and reap material profits to share among your community (this would be LIE-ESI), or a request for an idiosyncratic position which can potentially be supported by the group/society of reference, in order to create a new social system based on these "unexplored wishes" (this would be EIE-LSI).

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, but it has a problem, in that you downplay the dual's Lead. The way it's stated seems to say that as long as you have your HA you're allowed to use your suggestive. But what of mirage. Your dynamic doesn't acknowledge this. At least in relation to OP. otherwise it's actually pretty solid.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if the post above was about what I wrote ... my Mirage notices cultural values (or stuff that can bring popularity) rather than "objective profit". I know an EIE-Ni who was in a "supervising" position in relation to me (think "mentor"). We used to agree on many things, but to me it seemed he always considered people's opinions over facts. So I would mostly get Ni "predictions" and advice on "the right moment to do something", but the focus was a bit different. Te base with Ni is more like "Wait some more time before you buy that car, because the prices are too high now and by some trends I see, a bit later they will fall." or "That niche is new and there's very high demand on the market; few people have the necessary training. It can be a good source for profit on the long run." or "If you want X, you should first get Y done and then mind other things." That's Te, so I didn't downplay the dual's lead. I don't necessarily associate Te with "knowledge" (as the OP said) ..or it depends, there are many kinds of knowledge.
    Last edited by Amber; 03-18-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone just gave me a like for the first posts in this thread. Now, eleven years later, I hold a different opinion:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...stive-and.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Someone just gave me a like for the first posts in this thread. Now, eleven years later, I hold a different opinion:

https://mavericksocionics.blogspot.c...stive-and.html
    I don't know, dude. Your first opinions seem to be pretty good.

For example, regarding your comments on the Duality that I know best, the ESI-LIE duality, you were pretty spot-on.

For ESI, you said:

I've been talking to ESI's more and more, and while I haven't met one in real life that I connect with well, the interactions have all been me planning to get together, and the ESI's asking me to do the planning.

Regarding myself, an LIE, you said:

I've been thinking long and hard (running Ni simulations, so to speak) about what life with a Dual would be like, and what I need from a Dual, and the answer that I'm seeing is that I want someone to give me ethical advice on the various courses of action that I'm considering. I have no trouble figuring out the nuts and bolts of how to do things, but I have a lot of trouble figuring out why I should or should not do things. In other words, I can plan the things I want to accomplish, but I'd like someone whom I trust to decide which plan is best. Which one to implement.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange: perhaps it is a matter of semantics and it all comes down to the same thing.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry

I hate my dual on paper, but irl I want to fucking stab my dual and then kick their mutilated body down the hill that’s on fire because of the gender reveal party explosion. I see them as servile, worthless dogs. Emotionally manipulative and shit for brains (if you could even say they have a brain they certainly don't use it). I don’t want some star-struck, pathetic thing randomly worshipping me out of the blue just so I’ll save them from their delusional black hole from making them collapse onto themselves. No thanks. IEI is unstable, delusional, overly romantic, self-inflicting victim hood which augments their self-importance. They have virtually no tangible accomplishments to warrant their over-bloated sense of specialness. I can't even compute the scale of delusion it takes to overestimate your own importance so much. The fact that they take NOT being all important as a blow to their ego is even more ludicrous. It's best never to put so much of your weakest parts into another person.

That's why I think Duality is overrated and I vehemently reject the romantic overtones
    . I appreciate somebody who can help me with Ni (ILI) or Fe (SEI) but not both. We would never understand each other because of the subconscious expectations. Whereas with Semiduals & Mirages, you know everything doesn't fit, and have the opportunity to examine your own weaknesses and learn to manage them. It's best when you have SOME outside help with your superid from more than one person, and the rest is up to you. Anything else is codependent shit (perfect because IEI wants to trap SLE). Even if Duality works, and that's a big IF, the helpfulness is still overrated. Yes, it may help you "integrate," but the results are inferior to when the integration occurs via more than one relationship in your life. One person can never be enough. It's wrong and shitty to expect that you're all important or that somebody you care about is.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't know, dude. Your first opinions seem to be pretty good.

For example, regarding your comments on the Duality that I know best, the ESI-LIE duality, you were pretty spot-on.

For ESI, you said:

I've been talking to ESI's more and more, and while I haven't met one in real life that I connect with well, the interactions have all been me planning to get together, and the ESI's asking me to do the planning.

Regarding myself, an LIE, you said:

I've been thinking long and hard (running Ni simulations, so to speak) about what life with a Dual would be like, and what I need from a Dual, and the answer that I'm seeing is that I want someone to give me ethical advice on the various courses of action that I'm considering. I have no trouble figuring out the nuts and bolts of how to do things, but I have a lot of trouble figuring out why I should or should not do things. In other words, I can plan the things I want to accomplish, but I'd like someone whom I trust to decide which plan is best. Which one to implement.
    I think LIE can effectively learn Fi from EII and Se from LSI. Duality is overrated. The ethical type blindly worships the logical one but there isn’t any real exchange between them. Just overreaching expectations that one person completes the other. That’s pure fantasy.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hibiscus View Post
    IEIs aren't known for their egos (big ego is most associated with high Se).

Whenever I have a dual around it's more like they serve me. Also I've been a lot more intelligent than every dual I've met and they seemed to know it too. My main challenge with duality has been finding a high IQ SLE. I definitely have never worshiped anyone. I admire people who can meet my very high standards. Some SLEs tend to do this better than most people.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bruh! Lowkey accurate af for the EII LOL. I feel like I been saying that for years. I would just like to add, if I feel at ease I can be productive and get my damn actual work done. If I don't feel at ease I end up procrastinating doing something to feel at ease. There was an LSE online giving advice on procrastination and they said "You procrastinate because you're stressed, give you self a small break and get back at it." I felt kinda dumb because that advice seemed so simple obvious and like I knew that already but had denied it my whole life.

LSE one is funny 2 because the LSE girl I had a huge crush on always seemed to get back into her hobby of photography when she had a boyfriend. Thanks for this list man.

Funny 2 because the ILI I was in a relationship with made a 24 hour drive to have the relationship.

I like this list.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

whoah 2009 when we were so young and naive and idealistic and thought there was somebody out there for us like a cute little puzzle piece. but congrats if that happened to you.

I have a lot of willpower anyway, regardless of how well I understand the rules or not (that's what gets me into trouble at times!) I guess I do prefer if a SLE can explain something Te or rules-ish to me in a non condescending or non-patronizing way. Because we often come to a similar agreement on if it sucks and to just avoid it or not. And if not, I am open to reconfiguring my vantage point for them.

How I experienced duality working in real life in a concrete way is that often an Alpha or Delta would ask me to 're-do' something (like a logical real world assignment or whatever) that wasn't up to their standards. But my dual would tank for me and then say 'leave him alone, he did his best can't you see that. Get over yourself you asshole' etc. and I appreciated that very much... although them asking me to re-do it didn't offend me per se, I don't want to repeat some dumb logical thing to appease somebody else really, that annoys me- so them doing that for me was appreciated. At the same time though, a SLE will get pissed at you if you don't try at all.

And I gotta say, I mean it's not like I want to fly under the sunset with every SLE I see lol sometimes duality just works well like this for friendship/acquantainces relationships in the real world it's not always so extreme. I often have the urge to gossip about people with them though.

TIM
    LIE 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    I hate my dual on paper, but irl I want to fucking stab my dual and then kick their mutilated body down the hill that’s on fire because of the gender reveal party explosion. I see them as servile, worthless dogs. Emotionally manipulative and shit for brains (if you could even say they have a brain they certainly don't use it). I don’t want some star-struck, pathetic thing randomly worshipping me out of the blue just so I’ll save them from their delusional black hole from making them collapse onto themselves. No thanks. IEI is unstable, delusional, overly romantic, self-inflicting victim hood which augments their self-importance. They have virtually no tangible accomplishments to warrant their over-bloated sense of specialness. I can't even compute the scale of delusion it takes to overestimate your own importance so much. The fact that they take NOT being all important as a blow to their ego is even more ludicrous. It's best never to put so much of your weakest parts into another person.

That's why I think Duality is overrated and I vehemently reject the romantic overtones
    . I appreciate somebody who can help me with Ni (ILI) or Fe (SEI) but not both. We would never understand each other because of the subconscious expectations. Whereas with Semiduals & Mirages, you know everything doesn't fit, and have the opportunity to examine your own weaknesses and learn to manage them. It's best when you have SOME outside help with your superid from more than one person, and the rest is up to you. Anything else is codependent shit (perfect because IEI wants to trap SLE). Even if Duality works, and that's a big IF, the helpfulness is still overrated. Yes, it may help you "integrate," but the results are inferior to when the integration occurs via more than one relationship in your life. One person can never be enough. It's wrong and shitty to expect that you're all important or that somebody you care about is.

Now, this could be cliche', but what you describe sounds more like an EII rather than a IEI. thats the thing about conflictors, they always feel like a near miss. IEI is supposed to be aloof and always looking for a stronger partner. EII is the love sick puppie that puts their love on a pedestal.

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chillaxe View Post
    Now, this could be cliche', but what you describe sounds more like an EII rather than a IEI. thats the thing about conflictors, they always feel like a near miss. IEI is supposed to be aloof and always looking for a stronger partner. EII is the love sick puppie that puts their love on a pedestal.
    Hard to tell with online ppl because a lot of EIIs believe themselves to be IEI but even then, both have Se in the gutter. EII hates Se and seeks to moralize it, whereas IEI wants Se to protect them. I’m drawing from my real life experiences with IEIs and they do worship and try hard to connect with me by relying on me to defend them. I don’t mind being relied upon to tackle down others but I get really tired of it and cannot have much exposure to that Ni victim mentality. Teaching someone to grow a spine year after year is really exhausting.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchYourWeave View Post
    Hard to tell with online ppl because a lot of EIIs believe themselves to be IEI but even then, both have Se in the gutter. EII hates Se and seeks to moralize it, whereas IEI wants Se to protect them. I’m drawing from my real life experiences with IEIs and they do worship and try hard to connect with me by relying on me to defend them. I don’t mind being relied upon to tackle down others but I get really tired of it and cannot have much exposure to that Ni victim mentality. Teaching someone to grow a spine year after year is really exhausting.
    Too many emotions coming from IEI also exhaust SLE but that has a real purpose to it which is to "freeze" them. So.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Too many emotions coming from IEI also exhaust SLE but that has a real purpose to it which is to "freeze" them. So.
    It’s something like an avalanche but before the actual event happens, there’s gradual sliding. This is what “freezes” SLE because they know it’s coming but can’t really stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk