Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Types and Quotes

This isn't necessarily related to only deltas, but, it's something we could talk about. Basically, post things that you see as being socioincally relevant - or instances in real conversation/interaction where you think socionics comes through in a clear way. There are some moments where I say "wow, this really exemplifies...." - do you have the same? I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, and some things from today finally led to it happening.

Holiday gatherings may yield some quotes, like they did for me, today.
    -----------

A Family Gathering:

The SLE of the family is known as the trouble maker. He tickles kids and swears. He's very good natured, but he's definitely dominant and likes to influence other people.

I noticed for the first time a growing affinity from the SLE, who is an older 40+ uncle in the faimly, and an EIE who is in middle school now- the SLE's nephew. There was a very Beta moment at one point - the EIE was remarking about how he didn't like much of his family (playfully) ((also - most of his family is alpha/delta)). He said, jokingly, that he would disown everyone -- everyone but the SLE, who was "cool". The SLE and EIE have known each other for along time, but this was the first time - the first family gathering - where the EIE seemed overtly drawn to the very strong of the SLE; it was interesting to see.

Later on, the same EIE was commenting about one of his other cousins. The daughter of the SLE happens, actually, to be EII. (She's EII 9w1, and until the last few years has been extremely shy and rarely spoke, even though she's now in elementary school). I don't remember what, but, the EIE made a remark about the EII in passing: "I don't like her, she doesn't talk to me, doesn't smile at me, and doesn't let me hug her. She's not nice to me". The EIE was definitely making remarks about the EII not valuing his , not being receptive to it. Keep in mind, these were sort of just passing remarks, and not meant to be hurting, just a rather honest reaction ((which is good to look for in typing people)). Remembering, perhaps, I think someone told the EIE to sit next to an EII for a photo, or something of that nature, and so this led to his response - a declaration of why he didn't want to sit next to the EII.

I engaged in some discussion of current events with an LSE later on, and some other events of the evening were taking place - hectic things, some family drama. The quote stuck in my head of his is: "That's why I just try to keep my life boring". This LSE is a Te subtype 1w9 sp. He kind of exemplifies, in his life, a very "conservative" lifestyle - in terms of the choice of his spouse (an ESI he knew growing up, which was an obvious and safe choice), and his lifestyle and occupation. Anyhow, his remark about keeping his life boring was one version of being an LSE, and I thought his own words captured very well his general persona - which is extremely "safe". He takes risks, and he's still capable of kicking ass, but, he's very content with a small town way of life, and his family. During a somewhat tumultuous situation that night (family member in a hospital), he spent time reassuring people. Later (rather boringly, to most, I assume), he explained some of the new features in his home - how the unorthodox fireplace works, and his new robot vacuum cleaner.
    Last edited by UDP; 12-29-2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: changed "now" to "new (robot vacuum cleaner)" in the last sentence
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting observations. Though I think that's somewhat of a harsh remark and overall attitude you said the EIE has towards his Contrary. From an intertype-dynamics perspective their issues should not be as much concentrated on Fe imo.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Though I think that's somewhat of a harsh remark and overall attitude you said the EIE has towards his Contrary. From an intertype-dynamics perspective their issues should not be as much concentrated on Fe imo.
    Harsh or not, it's what he said. I don't think he outrightly dislikes her, but, I clearly get the sense that her resistance to his large preference bothered him, and he was kind of feeling a little snotty and lashed out in that moment.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Harsh or not, it's what he said. I don't think he outrightly dislikes her, but, I clearly get the sense that her resistance to his large preference bothered him, and he was kind of feeling a little snotty and lashed out in that moment.
    Yeah, I understand, it just sort of sounded like a really big deal the way you said it. I also find it interesting how that sort of thing sticks out to you, as an Fe roleR, and EIE's super-ego.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't necessarily related to only deltas, but, it's something we could talk about. Basically, post things that you see as being socioincally relevant - or instances in real conversation/interaction where you think socionics comes through in a clear way. There are some moments where I say "wow, this really exemplifies...." - do you have the same? I've been thinking about making a thread like this for a while, and some things from today finally led to it happening.

Holiday gatherings may yield some quotes, like they did for me, today.
    -----------

A Family Gathering:

The SLE of the family is known as the trouble maker. He tickles kids and swears. He's very good natured, but he's definitely dominant and likes to influence other people.

I noticed for the first time a growing affinity from the SLE, who is an older 40+ uncle in the faimly, and an EIE who is in middle school now- the SLE's nephew. There was a very Beta moment at one point - the EIE was remarking about how he didn't like much of his family (playfully) ((also - most of his family is alpha/delta)). He said, jokingly, that he would disown everyone -- everyone but the SLE, who was "cool". The SLE and EIE have known each other for along time, but this was the first time - the first family gathering - where the EIE seemed overtly drawn to the very strong of the SLE; it was interesting to see.

Later on, the same EIE was commenting about one of his other cousins. The daughter of the SLE happens, actually, to be EII. (She's EII 9w1, and until the last few years has been extremely shy and rarely spoke, even though she's now in elementary school). I don't remember what, but, the EIE made a remark about the EII in passing: "I don't like her, she doesn't talk to me, doesn't smile at me, and doesn't let me hug her. She's not nice to me". The EIE was definitely making remarks about the EII not valuing his , not being receptive to it. Keep in mind, these were sort of just passing remarks, and not meant to be hurting, just a rather honest reaction ((which is good to look for in typing people)). Remembering, perhaps, I think someone told the EIE to sit next to an EII for a photo, or something of that nature, and so this led to his response - a declaration of why he didn't want to sit next to the EII.

I engaged in some discussion of current events with an LSE later on, and some other events of the evening were taking place - hectic things, some family drama. The quote stuck in my head of his is: "That's why I just try to keep my life boring". This LSE is a Te subtype 1w9 sp. He kind of exemplifies, in his life, a very "conservative" lifestyle - in terms of the choice of his spouse (an ESI he knew growing up, which was an obvious and safe choice), and his lifestyle and occupation. Anyhow, his remark about keeping his life boring was one version of being an LSE, and I thought his own words captured very well his general persona - which is extremely "safe". He takes risks, and he's still capable of kicking ass, but, he's very content with a small town way of life, and his family. During a somewhat tumultuous situation that night (family member in a hospital), he spent time reassuring people. Later (rather boringly, to most, I assume), he explained some of the new features in his home - how the unorthodox fireplace works, and his now robot vacuum cleaner.
    I read the whole thing and i think you are a very understanding and a well thinking guy inside your head. maybe that's why they always refer UDP with charisma.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I very much enjoyed your post UDP. I found it both clear and insightful.
    I would like to write some observations about a recent social experience I had, after reading your post I will attempt to keep it as clear as possible.
    It's more observation to start with, should be some quotes at the end.

I had gone out for a drink with two friends, an LSE and an LII, myself being IEE.

To add some context the LII had in his youth, some issues with being treated badly by women.
    A few years ago another friend of his suggested to him that he was too nice and should treat women a little meaner to get them to like/love/respect him etc.
    My friend had always described his friend as an "alpha male", I had never met this person.
    He has now been going out with an SEI for about two years, he has very little time for her and in my opinion treats her less well than he should.
    In my opinion her confidence suffers from his attitude towards her and the consensus amoungst our mutual friends is that they do not have a healthy relationship.

Anyway...back to what was for me a curious and enlightening moment.
    The three of us were having a drink, when a friend of the LII spots us and comes over to join us accompanied by his girlfriend.
    I was paying particular attention to everyones interactions, as I was still at this point uncertain as to whether the LII, was LII or ILE
    Well to cust down a very long story to just a long one, the friend was SLE and she was IEI and of course, he was the one that gave my friend the advise that seemed to be so damaging and contrary to who he really is.

Nearly time for some quotes...well paraphrases...After the SLE and the IEI left, I started talking to my friends just to confirm or reject my observations.

LII: aaaAARrghh laddy, you be taking this nonsense too serious, I be worried about ye, I think ye be fooling in it, to escape other problems! In additon most pirates not be interested in this type of mental sorcery
    LSE: Actually I'm really interested in this stuff I like it, I just don't have time, to look at it properly

We start to talk about the SLE and IEI.

LII: aaaAARrghh laddy, I will tell you something, she be follwing that swashbuckling sea dog wherever he goes, if he be wanting to talk to his crew she'll be hovering around obediently until he be ready to savage her. That be when he gave me the advise to treat wenches like wenches.
    Me: I say something really clever, witty and insightful.
    LII: says something...not stupid...but missing the point
    Me: I say somthing else
    LSE: tells me to stop being so defensive.
    If my memory serves me correctly, I then got distracted by a buxom wench, clench my cutlass between my teeth and swing on a chandalier over to the bar. I then buy a happy hour mojito for myself and a white wine for the lady.

hmmm...I'm not really sure what my point was...I suppose what it comes down to is that it was really funny watching my supervisor getting supervised.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by somavision View Post
    I then got distracted by a buxom wench
    It happens.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[05:46] zzz: morning?
    [05:46] xxx: morning
    [05:47] xxx: hey
    [05:47] zzz: heh whats up?
    [05:47] xxx: not much
    [05:47] zzz: why are u awake?
    [05:49] xxx: thinking
    [05:49] xxx: and talking to people
    [05:49] zzz: thinking about what?
    [05:49] xxx: many things
    [05:51] zzz: uh ok
    [05:51] xxx: right now I'm having a discussion about sex, actually.
    [05:52] zzz: ok ill let u go
    [05:52] xxx: ........
    [05:52] xxx: why do you interpret what I say as me telling you to go or stay?
    [05:53] xxx: You asked me what I was doing, and then I told you
    [05:53] zzz: cuz u werent totally forthcoming about it and u didnt ask me anything about it so i interpreted it as u not wanting to talk which i dont think is a strange way to interpret u being vague
    [05:54] xxx: I was forthcoming
    [05:54] xxx: I told you exactly what was going on.
    [05:54] zzz: ok nvm
    [05:54] xxx: many things, and then one thing specifically
    [05:54] xxx: that discussion
    [05:54] zzz: im not offended or nething i just dont like feeling like im in a convo that the other person doesnt wanna be in
    [05:56] zzz: im sorry if i missinterpret u
    [05:56] zzz: but i just guess sometimes the way u talk makes me feel that way
    [05:56] xxx: I understand
    [05:57] zzz: well thanks for understanding, ill work on it. i guess i just have a hard time trusting that when people say something...thats all they r saying, im used to deeper/double meanings
    Last edited by UDP; 01-02-2009 at 10:19 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zzz would get on my nerves easily.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[05:51] xxx: right now I'm having a discussion about sex, actually.

For me the placement of the coma and having the word "actually" seems quite abrubt. This sentence does nothing to open up a conversation.

If the sentence appeared like this.

[05:51] xxx: actually right now I'm having a discussion about sex.

That for me would seem like an invitation to continue the discussion.

[05:52] zzz: ok ill let u go

I think that this is good manners, if someone has stated that they are already engaged in a conversation, I would not want to intrude.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Family meetings are a great source of info about people, especially if you find someone who loves telling family stories/etc... I just got back from a visit with one such person.

An old family member, an EIE, decided to tell me a bunch of stories about the family - I'll try to remember some things.

• EIE and SLE: Her brother? Or something similar, cousin to the EIE - is an SLE. And apparently an E8. He's generally rather selfish and has a tendency to dominate situations he's in. He doesn't care much about what other people think of him, and he has a legendary reputation at work as being a hardass boss that gets tons of stuff done, and nobody likes. She spoke of him with a mix of admiration and also some ethical feeling of "he needs a little correction ethically...".
      • I've heard a few other stories about him, and as well as met him in person. Compared to the other SLE 8 I mentioned in an earlier post, I like this one better. The first SLE is more towards 8w7, and perhaps even 7w8, but probably 8w7, and is more into making jokes (about other people) and generating . That being said, I think he might be irrational subtype, the 8w7. The SLE I introduced into this post seems much more 8w9 - his presence is much calmer, although dominating. I've been to his house, and we get along fairly well. Compared to the 8w7, he's more mature, imo, and less trying to make cheap jokes about other people. An SEI in the family thinks we are similar in some respects - mostly the "don't put up with shit from other people" ways, according to the SEI (who admires that in the SLE, as it's something he generally doesn't have). The 8w9 SLE, compered to the other, 8w7 SLE, is more self-centered in terms of his actions (he gives cheap, terrible gifts and hordes money for himself, spends nothing on " things" ((explained later))). The 8w7 makes fun of people more so, but is generally more magnanimous, believe it or not - but perhaps this is partially because the 8w7 has children and a family, where as the 8w9 is a perpetual bachelor and somewhat more of a womanizer. The 8w9 makes no efforts in joking with people, unless he points out tiny things that are amusing - compared to the 8w7 who actively seeks to make people laugh, though in a very Se+Fe "look at this person's stupidity" sort of way.
      • Cheap. Apparently he is fairly well off, but this SLE 8w9 gives the lowest quality gifsts I've ever seen. He gave me an extremely old (5+) years radio & batteries gift... it was still in it's original packaging, and it seemed very much like a "regift". He recently gave a jacket to someone he openly likes and thinks highly of, but it looked like a jacket that you'd give to a obese 16 year old girl, and not an adult man. The EIE made several comments about his cheapness and shrewdness. I went to this SLE's house a few times, and, it was always "decent", but not really cared for. Things weren't sloppy, but... there was just not "Si" in the house, imo. It reminds me very much of the house of two other LSI's I know - not very bright, and not "dirty", but just not "clean"; not detrimental, but just not comfortable.
      • "Womanizer". In his earlier days, he'd go around and get women every weekend. He has a legendary reputation for getting all sorts of women. He never married and has girlfriends to this day. Consider how you read of "vast physical appetites" on E8 profiles.

• A photograph of the EIE's parents. The photograph was of the EIE's mother and father: the father had the arms around the mother, in a supportive way - and this caught the EIE's eye, which lead into a long story about how, in every picture of her parents, her father would always be close to, and hold, her mother "protectively", as the EIE said. From all accounts of the father, he is definitely ST, and I'd say ESTj is very likely (His occupation, his relation to other people, his nature) (Possibly ESFj, but, I can't tell based on my memory and the EIE's nature of associating positive things about people with Fe). From what I remember of the two, they could have been delta rational duals. She noted disappointment in her own husband in this way (ILI), saying he was always distant and never really around her during photos. You can see how an EIE here would like someone more physically confident, and particularly her "expecting" her dual.

There's more but that's all I can remember right now.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI to me, as I was busting on him for wanting to go over to an older woman's house to help her, and me implying he did it for other reasons.

"You know, on her way over to her house, I was kinda thinking about it. She has a really nice, nice face, you know? But when I got there, I just realized what the situation was. I know nothing could ever happen - she's just not that way. So nothing would happen.

.... so you better shut -- ya mouth"

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beta victim, EIE

i like older guys
    Something about, a man.
    A man, taking control.
    Boys don't interest me
    I'm definitely a tease. And i know how to drive a man crazy.
    But It's just so i can possibly find the one to really give it to me.
    I want to be near raped
    I'm independent and such and a strong woman. But That's half to weed out the lame bunch.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI talking about me. We happened on to talking about this, so, I decided to quote it verbatim here.

ll:
    I wasnt planning on it
    me: f u [me joking]
    ll: do you ever say that to peoples' faces?
    me: yes
    ll: WOW
    ll: I cannot imagine you saying that lol
    me: You've idealized me such that I don't get angry at people/
    ll: Ive idealized you?
    ll: "you need a little salt and pepper"
    ll: "please stop saying ok"
    ll: "laugh sometimes"
    ll: "you're kinda boring"
    ll:
    me: salt and pepper?
    ll: you need a little spice sometimes
    ll: I must have said that on a day you were being a little bland
    me: yeah
    me: why don't you think I'd say Fu to someone/ [I essentially knew why, but I wanted to see what she would say]
    ll: sorry to "try to manipulate your mood to fit mine"
    ll: lol
    ll: because!
    ll: you're too nice
    ll: I dont think Ive ever seen you angry
    ll: maybe a little moody, but not mad
    me: oh
    ll: I am not implying that you are feminine, though
    ll: your "go getter", truth seeking, productive attitude is anything but feminine lol
    me: oh my.
    ll: sigh
    me: so describe my personality more
    ll: stuck up, evil, jerk
    ll: psych
    me: more [The nature of this conversation is me being somewhat dry. Other times I'm more lively, but it depends on how I'm feeling. Comments like "more" and "no" are to be taken in terms of our relationship to each other, and how I said "more" here is a bit of a dry joke as well]
    ll: In my opinion; you are very serious,sweet,humble, hard working, task-oriented/productive, wise/caring, helpful, articulate, spiritual,and a lot more.
    me: hmm
    me: ho about that
    ll: now
    ll: its your turn
    me: no [this is us joking around some]
    ll: f u

[I actually did go on to describe her personality but I've left that out of this quote]

[This (below) has somewhat to do with "please stop saying ok". She says things sometimes to try to get a more Fe HA reaction that she'd expect from an ESTp, and sometimes I'll just say "ok", which is odd for her]

ll: I know, we are different people.
    ll: you're just so unplayful
    me: that's correct.
    ll: Im learning not to take it personally
    I've been teaching her a little about socionics, at least to try to explain some basic things. I used two ENTjs that we know (outside of myself) to illustrate what is, and her comment about "learning not to take it personally" has to do with some of our talks about how she values and I do not. Similarly, I talked about how I found her jokes at 'serious moments' (to me) were unappealing and distracting, but, I can see how it is her way of lightening the mood and trying to regulate us being in positive emotional atmospheres.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

these are great, UDP. That EIE one made me LOL! "half to weed out the lame bunch" indeed! haha
    IEI-Fe 4w3

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

UDP.. I've had that same thing of some people deciding that I don't get angry, or be like "fuck you".. thing is I do get angry, and be like "fuck you"; sometimes I control my behaviour more than other times that's all.

Like it's pretty easy to get me to say fuck you - just make things personal - it's easy to get me to be like fuck you - keep things impersonal.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you consider that IEI your friend? Dunno...I realize she was probobly joking around but that'd offend me to be honest. The whole "You're kinda boring" seems a bit hostile.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    Do you consider that IEI your friend? Dunno...I realize she was probobly joking around but that'd offend me to be honest. The whole "You're kinda boring" seems a bit hostile.
    You're kinda boring is provocative rather than hostile. It's actually a phrase I sometimes use.

It's a taunt - like - do something interesting.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telling me I'm boring is a sure way to get me to never talk to you again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or to let out a much needed "Fuck you"
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Or to let out a much needed "Fuck you"
    Oh baby.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You think you're special?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    UDP.. I've had that same thing of some people deciding that I don't get angry, or be like "fuck you".. thing is I do get angry, and be like "fuck you"; sometimes I control my behaviour more than other times that's all.

Like it's pretty easy to get me to say fuck you - just make things personal - it's easy to get me to be like fuck you - keep things impersonal.
    I think I understand you. I'm just not sure what the final sentence means. I think I am similar in terms of controlling my behavior. She's seen me go toe-to-toe with people at work, and point out to my boss things that he did wrong or could have done better. But she's never seen me get "emotionally angry" at people, or "flip out". On the other hand, I've pointed out what people did wrong and been angry at them for doing so. So I think to her it's more that I don't seek to emotionally rouse people.

Going away from your post and talking some about myself: It's misleading sometimes how I am, I think people particularly are thrown off by how I act. It generally feels as though I must explain myself to them more, whereas, Fi valuing people seem to "get it" without much explanation. Fe people don't seem to understand how I can be so intense or "go getter" but without that much emotion. It's more a direct force or movement. There is energy into my voice or actions but it is not asking for an emotional response or responding to an emotional setting, so it seems to throw Fe valuing people off in that way. The matter there seems to be whether or not they understand who I am in a fundamental way, which essentially takes them (and most people) time.

She was generally serious about what she said of me. It didn't bother me at all, because what she considers "boring" or "not boring" doesn't particularly bother me. (however, see the taunt quote below). Also, she's mature enough to understand me for who I am (which is a special quality of people, and not types), and I am mature enough to understand her - and socionics helps me as well. But if it were not for that maturity and apparent awareness that I simply don't react to her Fe prods, I don't think I'd be able to be friends with her. Glamourama is also this way. As she said somewhere (or at least to me), it used to bother her significantly, but just came to understand that "it's how UDP is".

A lot of how she sees me as boring is that I follow zero fe leads that she makes, when she tries to make things more fun (in her eyes). I imagine, although I never addressed this with her, that I seem odd, because sometimes I will seem more "humorous" than others - and it has more to do with what I feel, rather than what efforts she makes.

Also, we first "met" at work, generally. So I seemed extremely serious and extremely boring, at first. This is because she tries to ease the mood with Fe. We likely would have never encountered each other if not for 1) some unusual circumstances and 2) certain shared interests. There was also physical attraction involved, some.

As far as doing things, well, I actually do significantly more 'work'/school activities than she does. And I do things outside of it as well. I think there is also a little bit of me being boring in that I'm friends with her but I don't pursue her to do things with me, which INFps seem to generally expect and want. This isn't because I'm wanting her to invite me to do stuff, but, it's that I just don't want to do things with her. "I can do whatever I like", and I generally do.

It's a taunt - like - do something interesting.
    Yeah. IEIs say that sometimes as a sort of "negative Fe move", like them expressing "hey this isn't fun, do something about it". But that doesn't do anything to me.

If anything, like with the one IEI I/we can't talk to/gether for more than 10 minutes because we are so adverse, it makes me want to distance myself from the person. If someone is actually really accusing me of being boring, then I say forget it - because I take that as having to cater to their emotional needs in a way that I cannot. EIIs never, ever make statements like that, and that's very nice - it's more how much you pay attention to their needs and comfort. IEIs want you to do things that are "exciting", and what is exciting to them is not generally something I feel as productive and/or relaxing to me. Often I feel like IEIs want things from me that I simply have no means of giving them, so, when it gets to that stage and they are 'expecting' certain things from me, that's when I really shut things down.

The worst is when an IEI basically likes you as a friend and still hasn't given up on you, possibly, doing something exciting and entertaining with them - as they want. Again, its people subconsciously wanting a person they like to be their duals.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. That makes sense. I've been called boring by various Betas. Oh well. I generally can't tolerate being around them for long anyway.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I think I understand you. I'm just not sure what the final sentence means. I think I am similar in terms of controlling my behavior.
    I think I fucked it up. Damn computers, make everything blend into one.

She's seen me go toe-to-toe with people at work, and point out to my boss things that he did wrong or could have done better. But she's never seen me get "emotionally angry" at people, or "flip out". On the other hand, I've pointed out what people did wrong and been angry at them for doing so. So I think to her it's more that I don't seek to emotionally rouse people.
    Not that many people seem to have actually seen me flip out. But like in the past I've often got kind of violent depending on circumstances, and at least I get into this kind of needing-to-immediately-deal-with-things way...

What's emotionally angry though?

Going away from your post and talking some about myself: It's misleading sometimes how I am, I think people particularly are thrown off by how I act. I always have to seem to explain myself to them more, whereas, Fi valuing people seem to "get it" without much explanation. Fe people don't seem to understand how I can be so intense or "go getter" but without that much emotion. It's more a direct force or movement. There is energy into my voice or actions but it is not asking for an emotional response or responding to an emotional setting, so it seems to throw Fe valuing people off in that way. The matter there seems to be whether or not they understand who I am in a fundamental way, which essentially takes them (and most people) time.
    I don't get it either. What do you mean when you say you're intense but without emotion?

She was generally serious about what she said of me. It didn't bother me at all, because what she considers "boring" or "not boring" doesn't particularly bother me.

A lot of how she sees me as boring is that I follow zero fe leads that she makes, when she tries to make things more fun (in her eyes). I imagine, although I never addressed this with her, that I seem odd, because sometimes I will seem more "humorous" than others - and it has more to do with what I feel, rather than what efforts she makes.

Also, we first "met" at work, generally. So I seemed extremely serious and extremely boring, at first. This is because she tries to ease the mood with Fe. We likely would have never encountered each other if not for 1) some unusual circumstances and 2) certain shared interests. There was also physical attraction involved, some.
    Hmm, I can be serious and boring at work too. I mean, I could stick out a bit, I wouldn't completely disappear or anything. But like, I hardly did small talk or anything. I didn't really make it very personal.

Except, when I first started working there was this secretary, who often seemed to try and "shift" me a bit. So anyway, on fridays we used to have a few drinks at work often, and she was at the supermarket with me, and we were getting beer, and she didn't seem to have any idea what she was doing, in an active way. And we're at the checkout, and she's acting weird in some way or another, reasonably far back from me. So I kind of look at her, and then she seems to start acting a bit more sensibly, and anyway, somehow the checkout operator decides that she's my girlfriend, and it's like uh., what's wrong with him. Blah blah., Then I think I scabbed a cigarette off her., which seemed to be as close as we ever got. But hey, she used to be pretty animated with me. But like I think it's partially because I wasn't that responsive. Like when the checkout operator asked if she was my girlfriend I don't think I actually said anything, I just thought they were weird, and continued my transaction, not really answering either way, because they were some kind of meaningless dwango.

Anyway, when I look back, it's like I actually acted pretty closed, and I kind of often just kind of didn't respond much, but that just seemed to maker her more "keen" and kind of "try and understand where I was coming from" more or something. And it's like, then I'd just simplify our interactions to scabbing cigarettes off her.

As far as doing things, well, I actually do significantly more 'work'/school activities than she does. And I do things outside of it as well. I think there is also a little bit of me being boring in that I'm friends with her but I don't pursue her to do things with me, which INFps seem to generally expect and want. This isn't because I'm wanting her to invite me to do stuff, but, it's that I just don't want to do things with her. "I can do whatever I like", and I generally do.
    Heh. Tell her she'll just get in the way!

Yeah. IEIs say that sometimes as a sort of "negative Fe move", like them expressing "hey this isn't fun, do something about it". But that doesn't do anything to me.
    Hahaha.

If anything, like with the one IEI I/we can't talk to/gether for more than 10 minutes because we are so adverse, it makes me want to distance myself from the person
    Mm distance.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I see. That makes sense. I've been called boring by various Betas. Oh well. I generally can't tolerate being around them for long anyway.
    Who do you spend time with Jessica.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who do you spend time with Jessica.
    Betas. lol. I like them in small doses. Very small doses.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

You must live a sad existance. Why don't you try meating some enfps.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyway, on fridays we used to have a few drinks at work often, and she was at the supermarket with me, and we were getting beer
    I want your job

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You must live a sad existance. Why don't you try meating some enfps.
    Stop being mean. Enfps don't exist, duh.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I want your job
    Well that actually kind of fell apart. I was more social when drinking with work mates.

And there haven't been any hot girls around work for ages.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't SLIs like ANY types of people in small doses?
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Stop being mean. Enfps don't exist, duh.
    I don't have time for you.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    Okay yeah...that's true. Very, very true

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    I thought they hated anyone in large doses.

They have small libidos.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they hated anyone in large doses.

They have small libidos.
    I have the largest libido of anyone I know. Probobly even you.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I have the largest libido of anyone I know. Probobly even you.
    well then you should enjoy people in larger doses.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well then you should enjoy people in larger doses.
    I have sex with them then toss them aside.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

I have sex with them then toss them aside.
    so you're incapable of emotional intimacy.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you're incapable of detecting sarcasm.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast