Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

hubs: you have one hour and thirty minutes to get all you need from the store
    me:why? (sounding upset because i need more time)
    hubs: the game
    me: returns two hours later
    hub: HI BABY

patient!!!

ILE: ESTJs do x (can't remember specifics)
    me: not all of them
    ILE: stop quoting me don't you have anything better to do than invalid what i say?
    me: oh i'm supervising you i'll go away now, but know that you're wrong in this case

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    My ESE friend and I, planning a trip (with me, ESE, other ESE friend and his LII partner):

ESE: I will go ahead and book the hotel in Savannah.
    Me: But maybe we shouldn't book the hotel in advance. We might change our minds!
    ESE: (brief pause) change our minds?
    Me: Well, we might be on our way up to Savannah and decide to stop on the beach or we see a sign to a cool place and take a detour.
    ESE: (slightly annoyed): We have an itinerary...
    Me: But we could change our minds and then we have to hurry because we have a room booked!
    ESE: We will not change our minds...
    Me: But we might...
    ESE (interrupts): No, we might not. We will book this hotel and we will not change our minds because I like to know where I sleep that night. I don't want to end up in some seedy trucker motel like you seem to all the time because you don't plan. (Other) ESE and LII will agree that we stick to our itinerary.
    Me (cheerfully): But I would volunteer to pick up the phone in the middle of the night (backstory:I stayed in a seedy motel once and someone thought I was a hooker and called my room to set up a date).
    ESE (had had enough): No! I am booking the hotel right now!
    Me: *sigh* ok...OH! Can you see if they have these cool waffle maker thingies??? I love those! When I stayed at this place in xyz they had amazing breakfast! You know that was when....
    ESE makes "mhm" and "uhuh" noises to pretend she is listening while booking the hotel (which had a waffle making thingy! <3).

classic j/p argument lol
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 01-08-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me - How is it possible that he has such a pretty girlfriend when he’s so ugly?
    EIE - I know right? But she is kind of dumb...well simple. They both seem to be into farming.
    Me - I bet she wanted a big ass farmer boy with eleven cows in his barn.
    EIE - That reminds me, they wanted to hangout with us, I’ll ask them if they want to have beer with us.
    Me - meh, we have nothing in common with them, but ok.
    EIE - Ok, who else should we talk crap about and invite for a beer afterwards?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default LSE and EII dual seeking conversation

LSE: it makes no sense to me why someone craves a stranger’s approval while pooping on those who actually matter.

IEE: that’s a toxic person

EII: some people need to feel important to many. That is my observation of human behavior. Like Trump who makes many friends but throws his true friends under the bus. It’s acquiring shallow relationships to feel important to many. It’s also like sowing your seeds where you will not harvest good fruit.

LSE: I’ll never understand that.

EII: I know but that’s how they are.
    @kingslayer I modified this from our conversation

@hotel
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-24-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    LSE: it makes no sense to me why someone craves a stranger’s approval while pooping on those who actually matter.

IEE: that’s a toxic person

EII: some people need to feel important to many. That is my observation of human behavior. Like Trump who makes many friends but throws his true friends under the bus. It’s acquiring shallow relationships to feel important to many. It’s also like sowing your seeds where you will not harvest good fruit.

LSE: I’ll never understand that.

EII: I know but that’s how they are.
    @kingslayer I modified this from our conversation

@hotel
    @MrsTortilla if you were the ESI instead of the EII. What would your response be?
    -

TIM
    ESI 468 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    @MrsTortilla if you were the ESI instead of the EII. What would your response be?
    I had trouble answering this until I stopped thinking about it too much and pretended to just respond in the moment. Anyway, I’d probably say, “These are people who love attention and don’t care about any of those people in the first place. Probably sociopaths. If they’re not sociopaths then they’re probably people who aren’t aware of how they affect other people which is a different problem.”

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

So I was reading this "LIE feels annoyed when someone else challenges his views, forecasts, and his objective directives, especially if it happens in the wake of impending necessity or danger: "Don't ask what and why – just go and do it! This is very urgent." But the EII is one of the types that will ask a hundred questions before he or she goes and carries out what is asked of him or her."

And I thought of a similar circumstance that is occurring between my mother and I. So She's ILI. Usually when I go to the store I stock up on water (baby needs to drink some filtered drinking water) and when I stock up I like to buy 6 and every other week I'll by 2 or 3 so I ALWAYS have plenty of water on hand. My mother complains about this so I wanted to observe what the GAMMA quadrant does with stocking up. She lets up run down to the last bottle of water and tells me "you should go get water NOW" I am thinking yeah "the time has ripened for me to go get water NOW" I couldn't plan ahead and always be prepared and have water on hand could I mom??? I have to do it when the time for getting water has arrived. Gamma and TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsTortilla View Post
    I had trouble answering this until I stopped thinking about it too much and pretended to just respond in the moment. Anyway, I’d probably say, “These are people who love attention and don’t care about any of those people in the first place. Probably sociopaths. If they’re not sociopaths then they’re probably people who aren’t aware of how they affect other people which is a different problem.”
    Thanks for the response. What I was specifically looking for was that ESI style of speech that is referred to as being "sharp, direct, specific" and You nailed it when you said "probably sociopaths; they are not aware" Very specific. In comparison to my statement was general and blanket "some people"
    -

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112