Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics Types and Quotes

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you wrote has a very natural feel to it, depicting normal people situations and description of the environment. Of course, I'm also into nice pictures. Liked it a lot .

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I've always like writing prose like that. Part of the fun is the challenge of condensing experiences, with all their varied feelings and thoughts and sensations as well as actions, into words that others can translate into experiences of their own.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victim romance style:

A friend (who was very drunk) ended up in a random part of my college campus after a party, after having a fight with her boyfriend, who had left. He ended up calling while I and a group of others were hanging with her trying to comfort her somewhat. I found it notable that she kept repeating the phrase "I'm standing here, where you left me. You can come and get me any time. I'm just waiting here, where you left me," etc. Apparently he suggested that she go to where he was (at a frat house) but she refused, and then proceeded to emphasize the fact that she "would never beg" him to come back.

It was a sad situation, but I thought the fact that she kept subtly but not-so-subtly emphasizing the fact that he had left her seemed very much victim style, and would probably work on a beta ST better than on another type, who might just dismiss her for being emotional. I think she's an EIE. I don't know how her boyfriend, so I can't guess his type.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a sad story. But interesting, the way you wrote it. What type do you think the guy was? Did they get back together?

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    Victim romance style:

A friend (who was very drunk) ended up in a random part of my college campus after a party, after having a fight with her boyfriend, who had left. He ended up calling while I and a group of others were hanging with her trying to comfort her somewhat. I found it notable that she kept repeating the phrase "I'm standing here, where you left me. You can come and get me any time. I'm just waiting here, where you left me," etc. Apparently he suggested that she go to where he was (at a frat house) but she refused, and then proceeded to emphasize the fact that she "would never beg" him to come back.

It was a sad situation, but I thought the fact that she kept subtly but not-so-subtly emphasizing the fact that he had left her seemed very much victim style, and would probably work on a beta ST better than on another type, who might just dismiss her for being emotional. I think she's an EIE. I don't know how her boyfriend, so I can't guess his type.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that would bother me per se because unless the person really pissed me off I'd try to get that person to a safe spot - not leaving someone in a strange/random place when they are drunk, especially a drunk girl at night on a college campus.

What bothers me more is this sense of 'testing', sometimes that betas do. Hmmm, curious...

I'm now thinking of an LSI female who is very well adapted to being "excited" and expressing her enthusiasm - she sort of seeks out her dual seeking response and basically waits for someone to agree with her in an emotional way. Things like that annoy me, really, because I have to put effort into showing someone that "I care", becasue they only think "I care" if I have a big smiley face, etc.

What does bother me about beta NFs is their over-focus on how helpless or pathetic they are or their life is. Too much "I'm dieing" "I feel like killing myself" "Life is so hard" "FML", that is annoying. And it definitely isn't receptive to what is, imo, practical help.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the most relevant quotes to socionics and understanding the Delta quadra:

"Hasta la vista, baby!"
    - Told by an angered LSE.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 'pats head' comment I made in the other thread reminds me of the last time I got my head patted by someone.

It was a female SEE, who is either predominantly lesbian or prefers women and is bi. It became increasingly clear over time that I was attracted to her (she was rather extremely good looking) and I forgot how/what came up, but it was clearly an Se dominant move, but she did it with an Fi softness such that she knew I was 'into her' but sort of cutely telling me that I wasn't really going to go anywhere with her (she was, I later found out, already in a relationship with another woman).

I don't really like 'aggressive' women, but I seem to have flirted with SEEs a decent amount. Just like everybody else has, I'm sure - they are often really, really good at it. Even though it was jokingly condescending and done in a cute way, it turned me on a little bit, and she knew that it did. It wasn't just the head pat, it was the head-pat & mess up hair combination.

If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME SEE's and ESE's are the masters of flattery. I would be awe struck at the man who could resist the charms of a woman of those types, they're just that good
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    IME SEE's and ESE's are the masters of flattery. I would be awe struck at the man who could resist the charms of a woman of those types, they're just that good
    Flattery only exists if you listen to it, Marie1984
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    that's a sad story. But interesting, the way you wrote it. What type do you think the guy was? Did they get back together?
    Yeah, it was really sad. I didn't get a bead on the guy's type... maybe some sort of infantile, possibly ILE, is my guess. I did notice that, objectively speaking, she's way hotter than he is; she's pretty hot and he didn't seem like girls would be too into him. On the other hand, there's a severe guys/girls imbalance at my school, so we've got a nice advantage . Anyway, they're still in a relationship according to facebook, source of all knowledge in the universe, so I guess they patched things up.

I don't think that would bother me per se because unless the person really pissed me off I'd try to get that person to a safe spot - not leaving someone in a strange/random place when they are drunk, especially a drunk girl at night on a college campus.
    Good point. That was kind of a douche move. But on the other hand she was in a safe place, right next to the security booth, etc. Anyway some girls from her dorm ended up walking her home.

I'm now thinking of an LSI female who is very well adapted to being "excited" and expressing her enthusiasm - she sort of seeks out her dual seeking response and basically waits for someone to agree with her in an emotional way. Things like that annoy me, really, because I have to put effort into showing someone that "I care", becasue they only think "I care" if I have a big smiley face, etc.
    I can actually kinda relate to this. I mean, I generally have a some exaggerated emotional expression at most/all times, but I can see how someone wouldn't want to give that out all the time, and from a socionics perspective, it's unpleasant when someone wants you to demonstrate affection for them in a way counter to the way you're used to expressing affection. If I was in a relationship with a girl seeking Te and practical help and all that jazz, I'd be pretty much fucked.

What does bother me about beta NFs is their over-focus on how helpless or pathetic they are or their life is. Too much "I'm dieing" "I feel like killing myself" "Life is so hard" "FML", that is annoying. And it definitely isn't receptive to what is, imo, practical help.
    lol. I mean... it's true... but whining is much more fun that practically fixing the problem. Which we get around to. Eventually... at some point...
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, think about it. ILIs aren't exactly ready to pounce, so they need their duals to be rather outgoing.

ESEs aren't as appealing when it comes to flirting to me, actually, because the toss Fe around into it and try to get responses from me, unless they are very Si subtype. ESEs are more appealing for their rationality than flirting ability, to me. Also, SEEs seem more like bad girls more often, or go about flirting in a more 'mature' way than alpha funfunfun stuff. They know what sexuality is about.

And it works out for EIIs and LSEs because LSEs just show interest and persistence as EIIs don't really care about flirting or are aware of it happening

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Well, think about it. ILIs aren't exactly ready to pounce, so they need their duals to be rather outgoing.

ESEs aren't as appealing when it comes to flirting to me, actually, because the toss Fe around into it and try to get responses from me, unless they are very Si subtype. ESEs are more appealing for their rationality than flirting ability, to me. Also, SEEs seem more like bad girls more often, or go about flirting in a more 'mature' way than alpha funfunfun stuff. They know what sexuality is about.
    meh idk, I've seen lots of LSE(male) and Alpha SF(female) couples, so it must work on some of you. But I guess it could just be a conventional pairing, since Alpha SF females tend to be what females are expected to be like, and the same for LSE males. Though I suppose how fulfilling these relations are is another story...

And it works out for EIIs and LSEs because LSEs just show interest and persistence as EIIs don't really care about flirting or are aware of it happening
    Pretty much, yes :redface:
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE's female thinks in a high maintenance fashion, They would be sexier if they don't think they are some hot shit.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    ESE's female thinks in a high maintenance fashion, They would be sexier if they don't think they are some hot shit.
    That's often true, a lot of ESE females are very conceited and ditzy, they're the stereotypical cheerleader/sorority girl type
    but they're some who're more mature and down-to-earth, thankfully
    EII INFj

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's often true, a lot of ESE females are very conceited and ditzy, they're the stereotypical cheerleader/sorority girl type
    Yea, don't get me wrong, there are those that are very humble and Loving, the more they introspect the more kinder they are, as well as how they grew up and what they perceive as right or wrong according to the world around them.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Creepy-Cyclops

An ESE said to me, "Hello"

An SLI said to me, "Hello"

Do you think this is an aspect of supervision?

Creepy-Cyclops

Reading this thread makes me wonder what the point of it all is. Basically, we establish that some ESFj's are ditzy and conceited, some are not. We establish that ILI's aren't forward, despite the fact that I know one who collects womens phone numbers as he is good looking and can turn it on with some charm and chats them up.

I know an EII who was shy around girls for years, he gained some confidence, changed his wardrobe so he was less homespun and a bit more classy, and became better at getting girls than me.

Take people as they come, and don't put yourself in too much of a prison by thinking you can't do things too much along the lines of a particular type.

On ESFj's and supervisors: I work with an ESFj just now, and she's one of the nicest people I know, basically, I just try to be a little more positive about things which seems to help her and I with the Fe, and we get on OK, cause she's a decent person, not some scary "supervisor". Being a little positive isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway, so it's cool, it's not bad like the descriptions of the intertype would make it out to be. We like food, eat it and talk about it, she tends to be busy so has some good ideas for stuff when she talks about what she's doing at the weekend (like going sphereing) heh, what's wrong with that?

I also knew one who imo drank too much and was pretty mouthy about stuff, I worked with her but that's just the way she is.

Worked with an ENFp who was always full of fun and enjoyed listening to my stories and talking about hers. We'd go "hmmm" "hmmm" "hmmm" dead fast when we were talking, like speed talking.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh idk, I've seen lots of LSE(male) and Alpha SF(female) couples, so it must work on some of you. But I guess it could just be a conventional pairing, since Alpha SF females tend to be what females are expected to be like, and the same for LSE males. Though I suppose how fulfilling these relations are is another story...

Pretty much, yes :redface:
    Sure, but, I was definitely only speaking about my personal tastes.
    As far as alpha SF females being 'typically feminine", yes, and know. That's how I used to see them for a while, but, for better or worse, I seem to be not able to get past their Fe, so I guess I would lean towards Si-ESE or SEI.... but to me delta NFs are more feminine and psychologically appealing.

I've come to see Fi as 'personal attention' in some ways, and people with very strong Fe (or Fe dual seeking) seem like they are always playing to the crowd or trying to engage me with that crowd. I don't care about the crowd. Having long, especially one on one conversations with delta NFs is a lot more appealing - and it seems a lot more personal and 'sincere' to me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI's status today:

"A little bit worried that I might *actually* be dying"

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My close ESFj friend is not at all the stereotypical ditz. In fact, for a good portion of the time I've known her she's even been a bit unfeminine. She actually says that I help her in that regard. She's tough and capable and usually sensible, but she's still an Ej caregiver who uses Fe and likes Ti.
    Last edited by Minde; 01-03-2010 at 04:02 AM.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be a big lesson for all people pursing IEEs!!!!!

IEE
    Me

X: pretty cool
    m: what's new with you?
    X: got a job
    X: and got stood up for a date
    X: all in the same day
    m: ......................
    m: wow
    m: good for you
    m: and
    m: bad for the loser who stood you up!
    x: haha
    x: exactly
    x: everyone I've talked to so far said unless he got into a car accident there's no excuse
    m: Well yeah I mean
    x: a call is minimal courtesy
    m: definitely
    m: I'm kind of surprised that would happen to you
    m: I feel bad for thy guy almost.
    x: this kid, during our whole getting to know each other process, he's been kind of, well what I thought was shy and self (non) confident
    x: but this is inexcusable
    m: You hunting for your dual?
    m: I could see them acting that way, sort of.
    m: or somebody who is very 'shy'/reserved/introverted
    x: and he was intellectual
    x: and environmentally conscious
    x: fun to talk to
    x: he just has a way of making himself scarce
    x: like today
    x: and no offense I don't really want to put up with it anymore
    m: Heh
    x: boo
    x: such is life
    m: I've..... heard similar stories from people of your type, especially women, about guys like that.
    m: someo of whom are their duals.
    x: how so
    m: sometimes they have a lot of social issues
    m: and your types likely get frustrated
    m: I mean
    m: it's not a socionics thing
    m: it's a people thing
    m: At the very least
    x: that's exactly what my friend [OOO] said
    m: showing up to a date with someone attractive and fun and all that... that's kind of his own fault
    x: that he is too socially awkward
    m: there's just no way around it.
    x: and sort of shuts down
    m: Right, and, I know you're a caring and giving person but
    m: you shouldn't have to educate someone totally.
    it's not your place.
    good point
    Yeah
    yeah
    I can do shy, or socially awkward, but not unwilling
    that will frustrate me for sure

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: after talking to her more, I think the guys is INFp or perhaps INTp.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

relational advice from SLE

just go for it

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryu pwns this thread.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like totally.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: I mean it.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

srsly

Creepy-

What happens when an SLI takes a job as an advice columnist:

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ win win win!
    EII INFj

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice find

Creepy-

Haha, thanks.

The really funny thing is, an SLI friend of mine sent it to me

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That poor woman :/

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    What happens when an SLI takes a job as an advice columnist:
    LOL

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI & I
    late night conversation

:
    ok so really what should i do for my sculpture?
    seat
    the thing with the chair is
    you really want to sit in it, don't you
    you know how usually they're constructed with pegs so the connectors don't show
    i don't have pegs
    so the screws are going to show
    bs bs bs
    actually, there aren't enough screws here either
    i found some pegs, haha
    : oh wood studio
    but
    : not enough
    you can make it happen
    with what?
    : with IMAGINATION
    I'M NOT CREATIVE
    : that's ok.
    just imagine you are.
    ahh, lauren's giant pencil looks so good
    lololol
    can't compare
    ryu, get your mind out of the gutter
    *halo*
    yeah
    *BIG HALO*

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me talking to SLE.

do i give the impression that i don't like you
    huh?
    there are all these people who say that when they meet me : they feel like i don't want to get to know them
    or don't like them
    You've made multiple efforts to get to know me and hug me
    so no i dn't feel that way
    [hurrah! one success story
    i think you just have a strong personality that throws people off you're no doormat
    haha oh no
    If anything
    I'd think people feel that way about me
    [because I'm particularly not smiley or goofy or fun fun
    now that i think about it, i do feel that way about you
    but when i talk to you one on one i don't
    I am more a one on one person: and relationships tend to develop at my own pace which is generally not fast
    I'm also not really 'good' at being close to people.
    poop
    why not
    not sure. I don't think i'll ever be a shiny happy person, but that's alright wiht me
    :)

Creepy-

In the car, stuck in traffic, w an SLI:

SLI - If it was legal, I would carry a bazooka and blow these idiots out of the way.

Me - If it was legal, eh?

SLI - Well yeah. I don't wanna go to jail. [pause] I've already justified it morally. Oh man, if I had a bazooka....

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapOfSapphire View Post
    In the car, stuck in traffic, w an SLI:

SLI - If it was legal, I would carry a bazooka and blow these idiots out of the way.

Me - If it was legal, eh?

SLI - Well yeah. I don't wanna go to jail. [pause] I've already justified it morally. Oh man, if I had a bazooka....

I say that at least on a daily basis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking with a friend about her conflictor ex:

"You guys were the scariest couple I ever met. Listening to you fight was frightening..."

"I don't know why...for two years we NEVER fought. And then... it was like everything he said pushed my buttons. He wasn't trying to.. he was just being himself. But it was like everything he said pissed me off.."

And yet, after that point, they were together for 2 more years. I'd have killed myself.
    IEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Ryu... You and me, we're on the same page up here" (pointing to her head)

an EII

It was said after we were asking questions / interviewing someone related to a project; I had my opening question, and then there was a long explanation - the EII followed up with another question. And I said to her "Nice question - that was going to be my follow up question". She then said the above quote.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII & LSE

[21:24] X:
    brb
    [21:25] Z: brb too
    [21:31] X: sorry, my sister called
    [21:31] Z: sorry i ran down stairs
    [21:31] Z: ran to the food place
    [21:31] Z: purchased some chinese food
    [21:31] Z: ran back
    [21:32] Z: and raun up 4 flights of stairs
    [21:32] Z: (IN 5 MINUTESSSSZZZZZ)
    [21:32] X: not bad
    [21:32] X: good use of time

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast