Thread: Little help please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Little help please

Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 11:15 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ChibiKeba, if you yourself already know your characters and why and how they'd react to a given situation, trying to type them could, most likely would, destroy that creative individualism you have given them.

I myself refuse to figure out which "type" my fictional characters are, anymore. I've totally lost interest in the one's that I had already attempted to type.

I find it much more fun to explore characters by placing them into situations than to plan out their whole character before hand. Not to mention leaving room for individual twists and surprises that I hadn't planned on.

Chibi, you've gotten this far by doing what you've been doing. Why do you want to change it?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fred sounds ENFj to me. Could be ESFj as well.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Bob seems to ba a little less defined but he shows some ESTp/ISTj tendencies. Probably an ST type I 'd say.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba
    Pretty neat stuff, and thanks again Winterpark. I really appreciate you helping me out with this. I have more characters but I can tell most people aren't interested in this so I'll try to figure out the rest on my own :wink:
    Oh come on, I was only confirming what you already knew. If you have other descriptions ready just post them here or PM the links and I 'll tell you my opinions if you think it would be of any help to you. But I can see you have probably figured it out by yourself already, plus they are your characters and you are free to play with them and type them as you wish. Anyhow, those are real nice projects you have going on there and I wish you luck in completing them.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty neat stuff, and thanks again Winterpark. I really appreciate you helping me out with this. I have more characters but I can tell most people aren't interested in this so I'll try to figure out the rest on my own :wink:
    *sniff sniff* And I was enjoying reading this thread.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No worst case scenario! It's just difficult to type charachters only from a description
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Winterpark, except I thought Fred more likely to be ESFj, with ENFj as second choice.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Umm, how can she be 13 if she was born in 1986?

Ah I see.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Winterpark, except I thought Fred more likely to be ESFj, with ENFj as second choice.
    Dat's interesting, can ye explain ze reasons why mehbe? I ish curious :3
    The good in domestic stuff, and being oblivious to things he doesn't want to accept -- that is so much more XSXj than XNXj.

Mary's an ENTp by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Mary's an ENTp by the way.
    I agree.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pyro - INTp or ISTp. By the description I 'd say he sounds slightly more INTp, but I think you could develop his character further on as either one of these types.

Keba is harder to type. Could be any Ixxp, I don't really know. Maybe INXp though. Or if you are portraying your real self then you should go with INFp I guess.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dat's interesting, can ye explain ze reasons why mehbe? I ish curious :3

The good in domestic stuff
    , and being oblivious to things he doesn't want to accept -- that is so much more XSXj than XNXj.
    ENFjs might not be good at cooking or sewing but they do love to clean and have their place tighten up. They like spending time with their family more than anything and have tings at home settled etc.

...and being oblivious to things he doesn't want to accept.
    I think that's very true of ENFjs. And I know this from experience. I know 2 ENFjs and if I could use one sentence to describe them it would be that one. They tend to drift away in their fantasy and keep seing things as they want them to be. No offence to ENFjs here, but that's my impression. (plus I do the same thing occasionaly )

So I don't think those are good enough reasons to place ESFj on top. Not that it should not be an equally possible option, though.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really very little info to type Bubba & Frank. My best guess would be ISTp & ESTp.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree, they're either INFj and ESTj, or INFp and ESTp.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bubba and Frank seem like a mirror relation to me.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You disagree with what? That my best guess is ISTp & ESTp? You think I could do better?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark
    You disagree with what? That my best guess is ISTp & ESTp? You think I could do better?
    *chuckle*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp