Default Moody Blues

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

That is some fucking garbage. And pervasive or something. I had to stop a minute in.

I'd guess alpha, but I'm not sure. It was redolent of john lennon, just nowhere near as good quality.

Back to Jack Johnson
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the stuff on the radio trumps this stuff, although that is not saying much.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child View Post
    So no thoughts from a socionics perspective?

(and though I can understand why people don't like it, I think Kamangir's comment was out there on the harshness scale.)

The first vid, anyways, kind of reminds me of Pink Floyd. Why? Dunno. I mostly pulled these vids randomly. First one is pretty good, but that's not the point of the thread, obviously. =p

My guess was Delta NF but I considered Ni-IEI. Maybe Gamma (probably not). I really have no clue.
    I thought delta, but it seemed to have a lighter Fe undertone or something. I guess the Pink Floyd comparison makes sense. Si was immediately apparent.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I thought delta, but it seemed to have a lighter Fe undertone or something. I guess the Pink Floyd comparison makes sense. Si was immediately apparent.
    eh, I dont really like Moody Blues. Its weird because My family and alot of people I know like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues, but I dont really enjoy their music.

It just too pressed down and boring. I get this feeling like I want them to just yell and rock out or something, but they won't. The music isn't "grand" enough or something.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    eh, I dont really like Moody Blues. Its weird because My family and alot of people I know like Pink Floyd and Moody Blues, but I dont really enjoy their music.

It just too pressed down and boring. I get this feeling like I want them to just yell and rock out or something, but they won't. The music isn't "grand" enough or something.
    Pink Floyd is delta, and what you just said is a common sentiment expressed by alphas towards Fi—especially delta—music.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    For me, it's just the repetition. It's pointless.
    Interesting. That's a common sentiment Se valuers express about Si valuers. The sort of even-keeled nature of Si tends to feel suffocating to them.

I'm on a tear. Almost.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see what you're saying strrrng, but maybe Im misrepresenting myself.

I agree with Allie on the repetitive thing. From almost all the examples of Alpha music I've heard, none of them are things I'd listen to. A few have some alright music, but its all a little to shallow and "local". Its more of something I'd laugh at and be silly with rather than take seriously as good music.

Eh maybe I'll do a music thread or something.
    The end is nigh

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAlarion View Post
    I can see what you're saying strrrng, but maybe Im misrepresenting myself.

I agree with Allie on the repetitive thing. From almost all the examples of Alpha music I've heard, none of them are things I'd listen to. A few have some alright music, but its all a little to shallow and "local". Its more of something I'd laugh at and be silly with rather than take seriously as good music.

Eh maybe I'll do a music thread or something.
    I may have over-generalized on the repetitive thing. I mean, no one likes monotonous bullshit. But it has been common IME that betas/gammas feel that alpha/delta music is too smooth and repetitive. For a good example of beta music, listen to the Dave Matthews band. There is a sort of cacophonous feel to it, due to the discrete, impact-oriented nature of Ni/Se (although Ni/Se people will see the underlying consilience, thus rendering the "cacophony" a harmony), coupled with an underlying structure (Ti) and internal reactions sent back and forth (Fe). Obviously all music has to be organized and have emotion, but the way it manifests in the quadras will be highly specific. I can't think of a gamma artist off the top of my head. The beatles are alpha, pink floyd delta. And I'm not sure what you think alpha music is, so maybe starting a music thread would be good. Quadra values get manifested in everything—music, art, etc. It's awesome, lol.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    I may have over-generalized on the repetitive thing. I mean, no one likes monotonous bullshit. But it has been common IME that betas/gammas feel that alpha/delta music is too smooth and repetitive. For a good example of beta music, listen to the Dave Matthews band. There is a sort of cacophonous feel to it, due to the discrete, impact-oriented nature of Ni/Se (although Ni/Se people will see the underlying consilience, thus rendering the "cacophony" a harmony), coupled with an underlying structure (Ti) and internal reactions sent back and forth (Fe). Obviously all music has to be organized and have emotion, but the way it manifests in the quadras will be highly specific. I can't think of a gamma artist off the top of my head. The beatles are alpha, pink floyd delta. And I'm not sure what you think alpha music is, so maybe starting a music thread would be good. Quadra values get manifested in everything—music, art, etc. It's awesome, lol.
    Yeah deff. Actually, although its kinda of a running joke with me and TeNi white LIE (my best friend irl) to "hate" Dave Matthews, I can appreciate the rythym and tone of his music, Parts of his songs get stuck in my head.

Yeah when I heard the Beatles were supposed to be Gamma, I was like huh? Fuck that shit. They kind of annoy me.

Yeah and thats what I was getting at before (in previous threads), that things and actions are manifested in ways specific to certain IM elements.

I need powerful, climactic, music, with grinding bass, and spiraling high moments. I like symphonic metal for instance.
    The end is nigh