Thread: Delta "maturity" and being "older" quadrant

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta "maturity" and being "older" quadrant

What makes delta the "older" quadrant? It is described as having old wisdom etc etc

I can see our love for the outdoors but where is the rest coming from?
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think they are projecting infjs onto the rest of you. also i would argue infjs only SEEM old and wise..

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta tend to be a little more cautious and careful than the other quadras, perhaps considering consequences more etc, maybe this has something to do with us appearing 'older' and more wise.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been wondering about that same thing. It seems a bit arbitrary. Especially since ESTJs, ISTPs, ENFPs and INFJs are so different. It's quite astonishing that we do have something in common.

BUT... when I look at the other quadras, then I can sort of see the pattern. Alpha = childhood, Beta = teenagers, Gamma = adults... it sort of fits. But that could be a coincidence. I am not sure.

I see us as the sort of old person who's found his purpose in life. Living in the mountains in a weird sort of house, doing all sorts of stuff (astronomy or painting or taxonomy), pottering about, combining infinite wisdom with a cheerful sort of eccentricity. "Oh, yes, do sit down... just push the books off the chair, I'll tidy up later." That sort of thing. The Oxford Dons of the socion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sort of emotions (not as much Beta-sex-OMFG-PENIS!-LOL stuff). Also can appear childish, clowny, etc... The / combination I think makes us a bit more "groomed" in our appearence.

Also, I guess would be more cautious and refined in what we choose to do (not jumping into things really, making sure we've "got it down" before we apply it, etc...).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    sort of emotions (not as much Beta-sex-OMFG-PENIS!-LOL stuff). Also can appear childish, clowny, etc... The / combination I think makes us a bit more "groomed" in our appearence.

Also, I guess would be more cautious and refined in what we choose to do (not jumping into things really, making sure we've "got it down" before we apply it, etc...).
    I've seen dominant people to not really act clowny at all except in rare occurences. I find that to be more of an trait.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Delta quadrant doesnt seem concerned with impressing people, but themselves rather and this strive for self improvement is what makes us different?

Just throwing thoughts out there at this point!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see ENFPs as boring at all

INFJs and ESTJs... the car rides were hell for me as a child...

"Like a rhonestone cowboy" and oldies blasted

I would get my Dad pissed off just so he would drive faster...

I dont think I always planned it though

Anyways, how do you mix the judgers with the perceivers in each quadrant? knowing infj and estjs work well with istp and enfps? is this just based on activity and mirror relations?

It seems delta will either strive for perfection, improvement, or mastery of the environment around us. Sometimes being the hedonist I am I do not see the constant striving for improvement... As I know quite a few other lazy ISTPs. Perhaps we need our dual to straighten us out.

sigh

**Edit... After going through the other quadrants on this forum, you do notice a particular change in tone, and general topic discussion... Never bothered to consider that before.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations are that when people from Delta Quadra find each other at a social gathering, they tend to gravitate towards discussing real topics in a serious atmosphere, even if everyone around them is acting crazy.

I have an SEI friend who thinks he's IEE. He gathered a Delta Quadra "party" at his house last year and was absolutely crushed afterwards because he felt like nobody had any fun and the party was a complete flop. He even called people up afterwards and apologized to them in a dejected voice. Needless to say, that was the last party of that kind. He is one of these people that never likes to be serious. He didn't like the fact that people kept breaking off into pairs and threesomes to discuss topics. Actually, I felt the party was a bit stuffy, too. I think the best setting for Delta "parties" is outside or some place where people can actually do something enjoyable rather than sit around and try to be collectively emotional and crazy.

There's also this thing about "constructive" discussion in small groups in Delta Quadra. In the Delta Quadra no one seems to care about group "unity" (I hate unity). Everyone does what he wants. People talk until they lose interest, then find another small group. Delta people also like to work in small cohesive units, not in large groups. They usually find large group discussions useless (as opposed to Alpha Quadra, I think).

In the Delta Quadra there are no flaming idiots who put other people down for fun. No passionate displays of collective unity, just some interesting synergy now and then. No overt power struggles or hierarchical arrangements. Basically a benevolent anarchy based on unspoken rules like "live and let live."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    In the Delta Quadra there are no flaming idiots who put other people down for fun. No passionate displays of collective unity, just some interesting synergy now and then. No overt power struggles or hierarchical arrangements. Basically a benevolent anarchy based on unspoken rules like "live and let live."
    ...sounds wonderful.

Icepick, about lazy ISTPs and mastery/improvement of the environment... isn't it true that you guys work in bursts of energy? Going dormant, then finding something that needs doing, and off you go? Wanting to make the best of your surroundings, but preferrably with a minimum of fuss and energy? If that's correct, that would explain why there seems to be this laziness on the one hand and the improvement/mastery bit on the other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its explained really well on this russian translation...

we live all for comfort... however things like physical fitness etc help us experience better sensations thus, we are lazy but like to be active to achieve a certain efficiency in our laziness to achieve comfort

sigh makes sense?

I will paste it soon if I can keep it in mind

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I practice my baseball swing by just doing random dry swings if I'm standing around and no one else is there. It's like I'm trying to perfect that feeling and get the flow down, so I'm "practicing" a lot of the time with using traditional practice.

So, yeah.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I practice my baseball swing by just doing random dry swings if I'm standing around and no one else is there. It's like I'm trying to perfect that feeling and get the flow down, so I'm "practicing" a lot of the time with using traditional practice.

So, yeah.
    I do that too, and so does my LII brother.
    Yeah, well, thanks for fucking me up the ass.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Holyshit Rick!

Tell us more about the different quadra's parties!

Excellent observations BTW.
    I wish I could, but I haven't felt the other quadra atmospheres as well. In other quadras I usually feel peripheral and I stiffen up a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that. It is like a weird compulsion to some people.
    -Now let's all get together and... (Shut the f**k up!) . [/end rant]
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate that aswell. Makes me feel like the people that do that are dumb without a brain.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sdfsdf

Good answer... I completely agree. I will resist the urge to bring examples of this but people of other quadras have answered my question simply by some of their replies.

We need more thorough descriptions for each quadra, definitely. I think Delta can be summed up best as live and let live... At least as an ISTP that is my policy. Not all ESTJs are bossy and Ive realized they arent even the worst for that.. They just know their role and when it is appropriate to use it. However, sometimes they need to find it first.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: sdfsdf

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Good answer... I completely agree. I will resist the urge to bring examples of this but people of other quadras have answered my question simply by some of their replies.
    Morally-righteous passive-aggression? Nice combo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive never been to a Delta party. Does Delta throw parties? I thought they just had people over for dinner

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Ive never been to a Delta party. Does Delta throw parties? I thought they just had people over for dinner
    *smirks*

I only have a party when it's my official birthday..so like..once every four years. Usually it's a group of every single friend/relationship I have all together at a dance club or such, everyone doing their own thing, much like Rick's description, only not as much verbal talk. I get to bounce around from group to group and thus topic to topic, or dance to dance, or person to person, without tangenting any single group's topic/moves/*clears throat*. (a nice pace for my friends). It's also becoming the only time in which I will allow myself to drink beyond one drink. (Usually I'm the designated driver and ensuring everyone's safety...for this one day I get to be the one taken care of!!!)
    I'll stop here before I begin to incriminate myself.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wait..this topic is about Delta "Maturity"....scratch the post above...focus on the other 1,460 days.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I can remember a few college parties (mostly just dancing), but most of my Delta activities have been hiking, cycling, picnics, and other outdoor things.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, I can remember a few college parties (mostly just dancing), but most of my Delta activities have been hiking, cycling, picnics, and other outdoor things.
    Good point Rick. :wink:

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    *rereads IcEPiCk's posts*

*rereads various thread responses*

*rereads FDG's post*

*tries to understand*

Is "no flaming idiots who put other people down for fun" a morally-righteous passive-aggressive thing? Maybe. But to call it as that aggressively implies that putting other people down for fun is a morally-righteous thing to do.

Is "no overt power struggles or hierarchical arrangements" a morally-righteous passive-aggressive thing? I believe that many Deltans would argue that power struggles and hierarchical arrangements are morally-righteous aggressive concepts.

How does "lack of passionate displays of collective unity" and a motto of "Live and Let Live" come off as morally-righteous passive-aggression?

Or was your comment aimed at him for feeling that some of the responses on this thread were obviously not Delta responses?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect that one person's "morally-righteous passive-aggression" could be another person's "refrains from spouting off aggressive stuff but does this in a way that implies a moral judgement", and yet another person's "sits there and says nothing when I, if I were in his shoes, would let off steam, except if I wanted to heap coals of fire onto the other person's head, so this is what he must be doing right now". Or something.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    I only have a party when it's my official birthday..so like..once every four years.
    Hey, I could do that too. Just celebrate every fourth birthday. That makes me... eight and a bit. How old are you, then? Five or six?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat
    I suspect that one person's "morally-righteous passive-aggression" could be another person's "refrains from spouting off aggressive stuff but does this in a way that implies a moral judgement", and yet another person's "sits there and says nothing when I, if I were in his shoes, would let off steam, except if I wanted to heap coals of fire onto the other person's head, so this is what he must be doing right now". Or something.
    Probably.
    And of course...as I was writing my questions...I was noticing that they could easily be interpreted as "morally-righteous passive-aggression".

Sometimes, I just can't win.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    *rereads IcEPiCk's posts*

*rereads various thread responses*

*rereads FDG's post*

*tries to understand*

Is "no flaming idiots who put other people down for fun" a morally-righteous passive-aggressive thing? Maybe. But to call it as that aggressively implies that putting other people down for fun is a morally-righteous thing to do.
    No wait, there is a misunderstanding. I was referring to the second quote, not the start of the topic. Nothing against that
    Is "no overt power struggles or hierarchical arrangements" a morally-righteous passive-aggressive thing? I believe that many Deltans would argue that power struggles and hierarchical arrangements are morally-righteous aggressive concepts.
    I agree with this, again, look above, misunderstanding.

How does "lack of passionate displays of collective unity" and a motto of "Live and Let Live" come off as morally-righteous passive-aggression?
    As above

Or was your comment aimed at him for feeling that some of the responses on this thread were obviously not Delta responses?
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothign personal just stating observations. Looking for an insult where there is none?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have a party when it's my official birthday..so like..once every four years.
    Hey, I could do that too. Just celebrate every fourth birthday. That makes me... eight and a bit. How old are you, then? Five or six?
    I turned 8 1/2 this year. My daughter turned 10 this year. She almost became a case of a headline reading "GIRL HAS CHILD ON 5TH BIRTHDAY".......but she decided to come one month early...the brat!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. That puts a whole new spin on "Delta maturity". Anyone else who is eight and a bit?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pedro wrote:
    i think they are projecting infjs onto the rest of you. also i would argue infjs only SEEM old and wise..
    Yeah you are right. Also, I would argue that you only SEEM intelligent and competent...

Icepick wrote:
    I dont see ENFPs as boring at all

INFJs and ESTJs... the car rides were hell for me as a child...

"Like a rhonestone cowboy" and oldies blasted

I would get my Dad pissed off just so he would drive faster...

I dont think I always planned it though

Anyways, how do you mix the judgers with the perceivers in each quadrant? knowing infj and estjs work well with istp and enfps? is this just based on activity and mirror relations?
    lol. What is your definition of something that is not boring? Watching anime? *sinister laugh*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta quadra party: "ah dude, give me that whiskey, i'm gonna get fucked up!" CONSTANT CRISIS. "you aren't being a real friend, fuck you, fuck you!" "this is how you treat your friends!!" "HOW COULD YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS?!" "I BELIEVE IN THIS"

lol sorry, i think beta is kind of boring. Beta quadra is kind of like a frathouse mentality with no community service. They just want to get fucked up, and really that's all they have to talk about. Oh, and they talk about how 'friends should be like. fucking friends dude' Then they spill something all over your floor and refuse to clean it up saying, 'dude, i wouldn't make you clean it up at my house, what the fuck'

Strong non-logical beliefs create my lasting image of beta.
    asd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the betas i'm talking about are on the lower end of the maturity/intelligence spectrum. They think violence and hate is really funny. they often spout mock-racist comments in humor, and rarely ever have any new ideas or anything realistic to say. their motto is usually: "fuck you!" the girls aren't as bad. The guys often talk about their interests, but their ideas are never good/meaningful/rational. A few of them are drug dealers, and always talk about 'what it takes,' but unfortunately, they have NO good ideas about how to perform business, or interact with people who do not reflect their mindset. They have poor social skills: they become silenced in the presence of someone who is willing to use intelligence in casual conversation. Sorry, they just happen to be beta. oh yeh, everything is either, "badass" or "not badass." The classic sign someone is an idiot is if they measure something in the term 'bad-ass' Quotes: "Oh yeh, he fught john, it was so badass.' 'He's a badass' ... maybe it's just 18-20 year old mindsets.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath, you do seem ESFp. Well, in long range, I am basing this in that I find your posts to be exaggerated humorous, while not being at the expense of other people. You do care about not hurting others.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think esfp is a possibility, but the stigma of unintelligence is a personal burden to me. I know i'm an intelligent, extremely rational person. I constantly, consistently, creatively make good decisions, and don't act on a whim that often. In fact, if i am to act on a whim it's usually to leave a group setting for private study of subjects i am taking in school. But I do look out for my friends, just not openly, I don't flatter or compliment them, I may offer them honest, critical evaluations of their actions and what it says about them. Or try to get them away from things that i believe harm to them: Too many drugs, poor health, movies, television, video games. I can't even bring myself to do a task unless i know it is for a reason, this is why i rarely find a laughing pleasure in the things around me. I can't bring myself to do something poorly. When washing dishes, i wash faster, learn the best way to position and move my hand around the dish, always dry the dish, never let it sit to dry. Poor quality work is poor quality work in any field. Friendship does not save someone from my critique of their work. And I'm always happy to suggest improvements. some personal quotes: "your chord progessions on guitar always segue into atonality because you add too many flatted notes to your chords, and rarely to a desired effect." "you don't keep the sound consistent on the drums. It's important to make sure every backbeat is the same volume in a musical part." Of course, if you can imagine me giving this advice to another human being, you can probably predict the struggles i have with myself. I demand something from myself i would never from others.

another boring post full of bad improvised 'wise sayings', and some phrases parents often chastise their children with. I'm developing style.

bye
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh. That puts a whole new spin on "Delta maturity". Anyone else who is eight and a bit?
    Ahem... I ..uh just turned 10! Wheres my rocking chair? I need my glasses to find it.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    I see that mentality coming about when an ESFp comes together with an ENTj...what sinister fun. Pranks galore.
    try an ISFj at an alpha party. oh god!
    Now I'm curious. Why, what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    A Beta party might involve drinking, and making out. Orgy type atmosphere. Free love, baby.
    So, Beta are disco people, and Delta are BBQ people?

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    all the types have negative sounding descriptions anyway (i mean, ISFj, the16types description mentions "pleasing the caretaker." come on! if you have met an ISFj, you know this isn't how they come off at all! the ISFjs, especially the sensory subtypes i know come off as so massively independent, self-assured, and together.)
    Yay! Finally! Yes! Exactly! *curbs enthusiasm* errrr... yes, I concur.