Thread: ENFp Humor

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default ENFp Humor

As an ENFp, my humor is extremely strange to others. Not really the verbal humor but the physical humor. Verbal humor just involves making fun of things that involves anything that is very peculiar that only an ENFp or an ENTp would notice because of strong , other types would probably notice too, but not to the same extent or won't make a joke of it.

Anyways, my physical humor is another story and actually quite bizarre. Once, when I was in vacation in Acapulco in a hotel. I was really bored and experimented by putting a pillow in my shirt and my younger brother did the same. Then I thought of the wacky idea to walk around in the hotel with a pillow in our stomach and backs with shorts that we could see through on top of our heads. I was actually resistant at first, but my ESTp brother talked me into it. So basically, two stuffed bozos were walking around the pool area and everyone just looked at us at the same time in shock, while we just lied down at the benches and people thought we were drunk.

I once danced around on my front yard with a garbage bag on my head when cars were driving around, I could see the cars slowing down and pausing. I also once faked death and convinced friends to do it too in front of a stop sign, and cars would pause and look and then drive off. I also did jumping jacks on front of car on the stop sign and then walked off.

Once with my brothers, (I'm pretty sure this was illegal) we drove a remote control car through an intersection with several cars coming and going and a bike ran over it and I was laughing my head off. Yes, we ENFps are fucked up with our sense of humour. I like to see the reactions people give, but too bad I didn't have the best vision to do my concealment. Keep in mind that I don't do this quite often and its very rare, but it sure is fun when I do it with others. Anyways, I'd like to hear from other ENFps if they have similar humor and from other types on what they think of it.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

How come noone appreaciates ENFp humor? Maybe it is just my disturbed sense of humor.

*Continues dancing with a plastic bag on his head with an ENFp shirt on*
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My humor is generally a little more on the subtle side. I like irony. Unfortunately, it doesn't show through very well on the internet.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your sense of humor I just wanted to see other enfps respond.

Creepy-Diana

Default Re: ENFp Humor

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With base you could be making all this stuff up in the moment of writing it . Just kidding, I find it very interesting. Actually, I wish I had someone with whom I could do that kind of stuff cause I am always full of crazy ideas like that, making scenarios in my head while passing thru these boring days full of routine and monotony. I think it 's really healthy to excersize humor of any kind and one should not resist it. I wish I was less introverted and had some free-spirited friends like you, who will take me out of my computer and go out to "get a life", which I need desperately.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one time I can actually attest to seeing ENFp physical humour in action came close to killing me. This ENFp made up an entire style of martial arts from the word "Bam!" (Pronounced with a heavy Texas accent), and it was just unbelievably funny .
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I like your sense of humor I just wanted to see other enfps respond.
    Ah thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    this could just be my biased opinion, but for all the ENFps I've known personally, I've had a real hard time actually finding their humor funny. It almost seems like they're trying too hard, and it ends up not being all that interesting.

But the stuff that you mentioned actually seems like I'd laugh at it if I was there to observe it. ENFps are better at doing physical-humor type things, rather than cracking jokes and the such.
    Yeah true, but I can crack verbal jokes and they are not literally jokes, they are usually thought up on the spot, but involve making fun of something. I never make fun of people for I find it too easy and not funny at all. I make fun of anything like a book, school, or some general topic that is occuring around us or has happened in the past or somewhere if you knwo what I mean.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i LOVE making people laugh. my best friend (dudeins) and i crack jokes all the time. but a lot of the time it is making fun of anything we see around us which leaves us cracking up hysterically in public and having people stare at us to see what it so funny.
    my humor is a little odd i guess. some people don't get it because it is "out there". i suppose one of the good things is that i find humor in everything around me, so i am constantly enterained. i also laugh at myself a lot because i realize how stupid a lot of the things i say is.
    so i am not sure exactly how to describe it any better than this. pretty much, i get a feel of what makes those around me laugh, and i do just that. as long as the people around me are smiling and laughing, i'll keep being funny slash wierd slash crazy hyper.
    i apologize for my lack of information. okay, the end.
    *ENFp*
    Play with me!!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect people who make jokes. But when it is obviously out of insecurity, they lose my respect. (not that I'm implying anything)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hillarious!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_and_Confused
    As an ENFp, my humor is extremely strange to others. Not really the verbal humor but the physical humor. Verbal humor just involves making fun of things that involves anything that is very peculiar that only an ENFp or an ENTp would notice because of strong , other types would probably notice too, but not to the same extent or won't make a joke of it.

Anyways, my physical humor is another story and actually quite bizarre. Once, when I was in vacation in Acapulco in a hotel. I was really bored and experimented by putting a pillow in my shirt and my younger brother did the same. Then I thought of the wacky idea to walk around in the hotel with a pillow in our stomach and backs with shorts that we could see through on top of our heads. I was actually resistant at first, but my ESTp brother talked me into it. So basically, two stuffed bozos were walking around the pool area and everyone just looked at us at the same time in shock, while we just lied down at the benches and people thought we were drunk.

I once danced around on my front yard with a garbage bag on my head when cars were driving around, I could see the cars slowing down and pausing. I also once faked death and convinced friends to do it too in front of a stop sign, and cars would pause and look and then drive off. I also did jumping jacks on front of car on the stop sign and then walked off.

Once with my brothers, (I'm pretty sure this was illegal) we drove a remote control car through an intersection with several cars coming and going and a bike ran over it and I was laughing my head off. Yes, we ENFps are fucked up with our sense of humour. I like to see the reactions people give, but too bad I didn't have the best vision to do my concealment. Keep in mind that I don't do this quite often and its very rare, but it sure is fun when I do it with others. Anyways, I'd like to hear from other ENFps if they have similar humor and from other types on what they think of it.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I respect people who make jokes. But when it is obviously out of insecurity, they lose my respect. (not that I'm implying anything)
    like self-deprication?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. Or... if that is there only way of dealing with stress, or communication in general.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-pokeball

I think it has a lot to do with a release of anxiety for someone that has been hurt for so long. So to play in the "wickedly fun game of social life" *hehe* the defense mechanism seems to be to insult oneself before others can to buffer the pain in ability to try to "fit in."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, low self esteem.

I've seen that in people........ .......

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If someone makes fun of me for a ridiculous reason. Instead of making fun of them, I just add to the joke and laugh it off. That's the only time I make fun of myself though. I rarely make a joke about someone else and I stop it if I feel that it may be hurtful.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone makes fun of me for a ridiculous reason. Instead of making fun of them, I just add to the joke and laugh it off.
    I do the same; it's the only way to win.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.funnyclipcentral.com/cont...cocaveman3.php
    My favorite commercial. I'll have the roast duck with the mango salsa. I just love it!

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOL'd all throughout the OP. Maybe I'm an ENFp.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand
    I LOL'd all throughout the OP. Maybe I'm an ENFp.
    Maybe your an ISTp because they will appreciate ENFp humor a lot because they are duals.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5